Doctor Who News (3)

Home Forums General Doctor Who News (3)

This topic contains 1,028 replies, has 95 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,029 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

@craig — No Gort in The Day The Earth Stood Still. No Statue of Liberty in Planet of the Apes. No Maria in Metropolis.

Pah!

I say again, Pah!!

Anonymous @

@jimthefish

I see your ‘Pah!’ and raise you a Harrumph!

No Frodo fighting an invisible Gollum in the Crack Of Doom from LOTR:ROTK. No D’argo vs Crichton animated sequences from Farscape: Revenging Angel. No Buffy revealing she was expelled from Heaven using the medium of song and dance. No Family Guy: Blue Harvest. No final scene from The Wickerman (original version).

👿

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@jimthefish @fatmaninabox To be fair, they are listing the top 250 moments, so I’m sure they’ll all show up, but the top 10 is a disappointment.

All good calls. I think almost the whole of Nosferatu deserves to be on the list just for how influential it’s been, even now. Who could forget much of the exorcism in The Exorcist, “Soylent green is people”, several moments from 2001 (the bone turning into a spaceship, HAL slowly losing it with Dave etc.), even Spock’s death (although that was kinda spoiled by the sequel)? I could go on and on. Grrr. There’s a lot to be said against democracy 🙂

The Krynoid Man @thekrynoidman

@craig Seriously? Doctor and Rose over I’m your Father and the Chestburster scene. I know film magazines are legally obliged to put modern stuff top 10’s in their lists to appease idiotic twentysomthings who think their proper “cine files” because they’ve watched The Dark Knight about a 100 times, but really they wouldn’t know anything about cinema if it hit them in the face, but this is just taking the mick.

janetteB @janetteb

That scene wouldn’t even make it onto my top ten Dr Who moments. (Not that I have ever compiled such a list or even considered one.)

Cheers

Janette.

ScaryB @scaryb

Top 10 Sci Fi moments –
    I’m in the Pah! and Harrumph! camps 😉
    Nothing pre 1980.

@janetteb – Top 10 Doctor Who moments? That sounds like a “thing” 🙂
    My starters –
    1. Ian and Barabara’s very first stumble into the TARDIS
    2. Hartnell morphing into Troughton in The Tenth Planet
    3. The TARDIS as a Dalek battering ram in Day of the Doctor
    4. The pull out reveal of the Cybermen waking up in Tomb of the Cybermen
    5. Dalek emerging from the Thames in the Dalek invasion of Earth
    6. Troughton’s “they sleep in my mind” speech to Victoria
    7. Dalek levitating up stairs in Remembrance of the Daleks
    8. Tom Baker’s cameo in Day of the Doctor
    9. The travellers seeing themselves in museum cases in The Space Museum
    10. First intro to Oak and Quill in The Underwater Menace

That’s just what occurs off the top of my head, and not really in a particular order. I expect much disagreement (including from myself when I think it though further and see other people’s suggestions)

Whisht @whisht

Ah – lists!

Yep, probably in the mildly confused agreement with everyone here. An odd list (presumably they’d suggested these to be voted on, which says something about them as well as their audience).

Anyway, off the top of my head, the “greatest moment in sci fi” (until I change my mind) would be the opening of the original Star Wars.

Titles and story flow past like an old serial.
    Camera pans ‘down’ across a field of stars.
    Small spacecraft flies into view from below, being fired upon.
    Then a HUGE craft slides by firing on and chasing the smaller craft.

Honestly – that is a great bit of filmaking right there and sums up the “small-guys-chased-by-the-big-guys-in-space” that underpins the whole movie.

[mind you, then there’s every scene of 2001 to choose from…]

Anonymous @

@scaryb @janetteb As much as I liked the ending of Doomsday, it wouldn’t be in my top 10 DW moments either. Probably not even a top 20!

My top ten is mainly from AG Who as I don’t have that many BG episodes to pick from 🙁

1 & 2 – agree with ScaryB on that.
    3) Adric’s death*
    4) Ninth Doctor discovering the creature in the ‘cage’ is a Dalek
    5) The return of Sarah Jane
    6) Eleventh Doctor’s “I’ve seen things’ speech from Rings of Akhaten
    7) ” ” explosive regeneration.
    8) Ten’s farewell tour prior to regeneration (Hmm, don’t think many will agree with me on that choice)
    9) “Did you miss me?” Ten emerges from regeneration sickness
    10) Donna’s mime act in “Partner’s in Crime”

* I’ve only ever seen Adric in “Earthshock” and hated him from the start.

Anonymous @

@whisht — I agree RE. Star Wars. That’s the only moment from any of the films that should really be on that list.

@scaryb and @fatmaninabox

RE. Dr Who moments. Oh, this might be a good game. Both are good lists. Mine are personal ‘fuck me’ moments so might be a bit idiosyncratic. Also in no particular order.

1.  Tom Baker regenerating in Logopolis. A real wrencher that one.
    2. The return of the Cybermen in Earthshock.
    3. And Davison’s ‘small, precious moments’ speech in the same story.
    4. Davison’s regeneration. The beginning of the end of the Classic series for me
    5. McCoy’s regeneration. Strangely affecting and made me completely reappraise his entire run.
    6. Eccleston’s regeneration. I never really took to him as a Doctor but his regeneration was the most kick-ass one ever, I think.
    7. Tennant’s ‘aren’t I a good man?’ speech in Family of Blood.
    8. Matt’s ‘fish fingers and custard’. Instantly sells me on his Doctor. And the Eleventh Hour in general actually. Best ep of the new series in my book. Especially the ‘basically, run” bit at the end.
    9. Matt’s ‘silly old Doctor’ speech in The Big Bang.
    10. Tennant’s outrage at his ‘forgetful’ older self. And the steel in his older self’s reply. They really were great when paired up. I really hope we see some more multi-Doctor moments, especially as now they’ll be examined more closely by the writers, rather than just being used as an excuse for some funny banter.
    Whisht @whisht

Yeah @jimthefish – the opening sequence is fantastic (I’d forgot to mention how the music is perfect – bombastic fanfare, turning to minor key worry then ‘action’ again. Weirdly only link to it I can find is on this guy’s site).

btw – in terms of iconic scenes in Doctor Who, I’d say that Tom Baker holding two wires and the fate of a species in his hand is etched onto my brain (and I was 3 or 4 years old, so pretty formative!).

the most iconic sci fi memory?

wolfweed @wolfweed

http://www.kasterborous.com/2014/06/philadelphia-comic-con-press-roundup/
    z
    Doin’ the drunk giraffe…

@scaryb  @janetteB  @FatManInABox  @JimTheFish

Here’s 10 Dr Who Moments I can think of off the top of my head. Grud knows if they are the best or even my favourites though…

Katarina is killed    The Daleks’ Master Plan

Bret Vyon is killed    The Daleks’ Master Plan

Sara Kingdom is killed    The Daleks’ Master Plan

The Cybermen reawaken    Tomb of the Cybermen

The Doctor drives off into the sunset as Jo Grant flies the coop    The Green Death

The Dr & Davros talk as scientists     Genesis of the Daleks

The Master has shrunk himself    Planet of Fire (seemed good when I was 9 anyway…)

We see (but don’t hear) the Dalek say ‘Exterminate’ before blasting the window in,killing Lynda (with a Y)   The Parting of the Ways

Silent destroys Joy    The Impossible Astronaut

The War Doctor is revealed    The Name of the Doctor

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

I go away for a couple of days, I come back and there are lists! The sci-fi/fantasy list I won’t even engage with. As Amelia would have said: “It’s rubbish!” And seems to reflect a collective memory of about the last 5 minutes. What about the “children of Hydra” skeletons in Jason and the Argonauts? Has no one seen This Island Earth or Forbidden Planet or…damn, I am engaging with it, and getting really upset!

Deep breath.

OK, now onto a real  list…@scaryB’s list.

I totally agree with his #1 and #6, and with @jimthefish‘s #8, and for all the same reasons.

In the same spirit, I would have to say that the entire first episode of of An Unearthly Child is at the top of my list. Of course, it has something to do with the fact that I saw it when I was 11 years old, and I have never been quite the same ever since.

I would add, in no particular order:

Barbara’s first encounter with a Dalek as it looms up on her in The Daleks

The Doctor leaving Susan on Earth at the end of The Dalek Invasion of Earth

Vicki and Steven climbing into the medieval sarcophagus and realising it is another Tardis  in The Time Meddler

Your first realisation in The War Games that it is all an elaborate computer-generated world

The Times Lords sending Jamie and Zoe back to their own times at the end of The War Games

Dear me, rather a lot of early Who…

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

On the face of it, some bewildering choices in that list BUT then I remembered SFX did a similar poll around the millennium which was similarly biased towards more recent material. From memory, a lot of references to X-Files (cause Mulder and Scully were just to die for), Star Trek:TNG “Best of both worlds” (cause Picard and Borg!) and the like.

It’s the test of time I guess. In 20 years I think Avengers Assemble, Game of Thrones, the random Firefly scene (and I think Doctor-Rose) probably won’t register that much and we’ll have a new set of johnny come lately’s. 😉

I think films like Alien, Empire and Blade Runner must have something though – just by being visible in most lists of this type you come across.

Lots of good suggestions afterwards (especially for non Who material). From a Brit perspective, I’d say the “poltergeist” scene in Quatermass and the Pit, the end of Blake’s 7 would be musts for me.

For Who I’ll chime with @blenkinsopthebrave ’s “one day I will come back” speech from the first, @whisht “Have I the right” with Tom Baker, and I’ll add Eleven, Amy and Vincent lying under the stars as they transform into one of his paintings. Simple but magical.

So – who wants to write a blog on their nominations for greatest moments for each individual Doctor to date, so we can argue about it in the comments below? 😀

Just back from the pub with Mrs Blenkinsop, and since I felt my favourite moments (above) were a bit Hartnell-oriented, we thought about what would be (besides @jimthefish‘s “fish fingers and custard” moment) the most memorable 11th Doctor moment. And we both agreed on the point when the Doctor tells Vincent that he (Vincent) has seen so much more that he (the Doctor) has, and the stars above swirl in a Van Gogh kind of way. So we wander home to tell this, and…@PhaseShift has already been there (probably somewhere between the chips and the second glass of wine).

So, @phaseshift, it may be the second glass of wine talking, but perhaps I would like to offer some comments on the greatest Hartnell moments. Then again, we will see what I think in the cold light of dawn. (And it will take a couple of days to collect my thoughts, so no problem if anyone else wants to jump in first.)

wolfweed @wolfweed

http://www.combom.co.uk/2014/06/no-doctor-who-panel-for-sdcc-2014.html
    z

@blenkinsopthebrave  @PhaseShift  @Whisht  @JimTheFish @fatmaninabox  @ScaryB  et all

I’ve just realised that I could make a list of 10 reasons why I shouldn’t make lists.

Choosing favorites was fun but as soon as I posted I realised I needed another 6 months to seriously think it through. Even then I’d probably begrudge what’s not in the list not being there.

There are only 800 episodes of Dr Who but there are probably more than 800 great moments.

Loving everyone’s choices btw  Of COURSE that should be on the list!

Whisht @whisht

… and if we’re gonna look further back than the 1980’s then how can we forget Le Voyage dans la Lune from 1902??!?

slightly iconc moment in sci fi!

[sigh]

ok – last one. THAT jump-cut match-cut edit between the spinning bone and the spaceship.

ok, that’s it from me – off to post a choon…

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Okay, I fell for the marketing and bought SFX. I don’t know if this will calm you down or enrage you further, but here goes…

@jimthefish Gort came in at 92, Statue of Liberty was 29, Maria was 136.

@fatmaninabox Buffy singing was 22, Wickerman was 167, Gandalf’s death comes in at 16 and his arrival at Helm’s Deep is 26, but it doesn’t seem that there’s any Frodo or Farscape I’m afraid. Adric’s death is 78, and while not quite the farewell tour, “I don’t want to go” scrapes in at 244, just behind 13 Doctors saving the day at no. 239.

@thekrynoidman You may be pleased to know The Dark Knight only made 57.

From my random thoughts: Nosferatu was at 166, The Exorcist at 96, Soylent Green at 102, 2001: HAL at 20 and the bone/spaceship jumpcut at 62, Spock’s death at 21.

@whisht The opening of Star Wars was number 23 and Tom Baker holding the wires was 14.

@scaryb The Daleks coming out of the Thames does make 67.

@blenkinsopthebrave Jason and the Argonauts was 98. Couldn’t see This Island Earth but Forbidden Planet was 158

@phaseshift Quatermass Experiment came in at 241 but there is no Pit as far as I can tell, or Blake’s Seven.

So the ‘winner’, of sorts, is Whisht!

It’s a list that does delight and infuriate in equal measure (which is of course why it exists). It is a very Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star wars centric list. Matt Smith appearing next to David Bradley in An Adventure in Space and Time is number 15 (what?), and the Weeping Angels 13!

Steven Moffat writes a bit about the sword fight in Princess Bride (No. 12), Katie Manning about Christopher Eccleston’s first appearance (No. 52), Terrance Dicks about Dune (the novel) (No. 112), Neil Gaiman about the Time Lords’ first appearance in The War Games (No. 118) and Deborah Watling about Mary Poppins (the novel) (No. 234).

There are also some strange entries as well, such as Mary Poppins, several Bond movies, the Goodies Kitten Kong and It’s a Wonderful Life in there, but I guess it’s all fantasy or sorts.

@craig

Jason and the Argonauts at #98!! What?!

#98??!! I am even more outraged!

And Gort at #92. Oh dear. A collective memory of the last 5 minutes.

I can see that the only way for me to calm down is to watch the trailer for Jason again:

And made in 1963, the same year as Doctor Who. What a year!

But thanks, @craig, for going through the list. And, as you say, at least Who was represented.

Arbutus @arbutus

Oh, fun, I love the list idea, but it’s going to take more creative brain power than I have available just at the moment. Will have to give it some thought. I agree with others that the general sci-fi list as voted is pretty strange. As it includes fantasy, does “The Princess Bride” count? I could probably come up with three or four scenes from that alone!  🙂

I agree with those who mentioned scenes from Planet of the Apes and the first Star Wars (was never as keen on the Empire Strikes Back). There’s a scene near the beginning where the two suns are setting on Tatooine that I will never forget, as an impressionable teen, it really sparked my imagination! I also agree about Spock’s death, I always had a soft spot for that scene. And yes, really, 2001 should be pretty near the top.

Arbutus @arbutus

Oh, and right after posting, I saw @craig‘s summary of the complete list, so I see that The Princess Bride actually came in fairly high. One of the best sword fights ever. Also, the duel to the death scene with Vizzini. But I think if I were picking one scene, it would have to be Inigo coming back from near death to terrorize the Count: “I want my father back, you son-of-a-bitch.” Ha!

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@whisht I’m afraid @arbutus has stolen your winner’s medal by calling number 12!

Arbutus, the twin sunset is No. 71. Of Princess Bride, Moffat says he’s lost count of the times he’s watched it and read the book. He also says it’s not the best swordfight you’ll ever see as there’s an even more exciting one at the end! You may have a soul mate. 😉

I have to apologise to Russell T. Davies as he also writes a little bit about Dune (the novel) as well – I missed it because he’s stuck down the bottom of the page near the fold.

As I listed the top ten, and Arbutus has got number 12, it’s possible to take the prize (which is nothing at all) by guessing number 11. It’s credible and related to one of our current topics.

ScaryB @scaryb

<Rubs hands in gleee>
    he he.. Lists… see what I started 😈
    @whisht – completely agree with you about that first scene in Star Wars – that seemed like the biggest ship ever shown on screen up till then. And 2001 deserves all the kudos it gets, especially since it was done without a computer graphic in sight.
    There’s also Kubrick’s earlier scifi – Kong’s bombriding scene in Dr Strangelove

And the brilliant talking bomb at the end of Dark Star –

(Pesky things bombs 😉 )
    Whisht should get the prize for picking out the earliest film, but great selections from everyone.

@blenkinsopthebrave Great 2-bottle-inspired idea for Top 10 things/scenes for each Doctor – you should do it!

@craig Thank you mighty Emperor for the SFX digest (Any mention of Vogon spaceships in the list or is it films only?)

related to one of our current topics

OK, @craig, I’ll have a go. I don’t suppose #11 is the answer to life the universe and everything in Hitchhiker’s? (If it is from Hitchhiker’s I would really like it to be the dish of the day, if only for Peter Davison, but that may be asking too much.)

@scaryb

2-bottle-inspired idea

Dear me, it was only a 2-glass inspired idea. I don’t want to give the wrong impression about dinner at the pub with Mrs Blenkinsop. We walked home upright and sober!

@scaryb

Thanks for that clip of the end of Dark Star. What a brilliant film.

And, of course, the inspired idea for a blog on the 10 best moments in each Doctor wasn’t my idea, it was @phaseshift‘s. As are most of the inspired ideas.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

And we have a winner! (after a little clue…)

@blenkinsopthebrave Yes, at number 11 was 42 being revealed as the answer to life, the universe and everything. Pour yourself a glass and I’ll raise one to you.

P.S. If it helps, Jason and the Argonauts got two entries, with the bronze giant Talos awakening coming in at no. 196.

@scaryb They’ve gone for everything. Books, comics, computer games are all in there. The bomb moment in Dark Star came in at 187 by the way. Lara Croft and the dinosaur (if you’ve played it you’ll know) was 222, and other moments in the games ‘Portal’ and ‘Mass Effect 2’ both came in around the 120-130 mark.

I find that kinda interesting. Games are becoming more like films or TV shows, and offer even more immersive experiences in many cases. It’s like we’re getting more sci-fi by the day.

@craig. Hurrah! The winner of “nothing at all”. Seems quite appropriate, really.

(after a little clue…)

Well, it was quite a big clue, actually. Not too many brain cells were needed for that one. Which is just as well, as I fear that there aren’t all that many left in the Blenkinsop noggin these days.

Whisht @whisht

bloomin’ ‘eck.

I come back and as I read down from @craig ‘s post from having bought SFX (you really do always go the extra mile don’t you Craig?) I read that I’VE WON giving me a pervading joy, only to then read 4 comments later that I’VE LOST.

I didn’t even know there was nothing to win.
    Yet I’ve managed to lose it anyway!

[sob]

story of my life.

[EDIT – and now I feel I’ve managed to lose again within the space of writing this damn comment!!
    well done Blenkinsopthebrave I guess. Hope the nothing looks good on your mantelpiece – mine just has a space on it now, filled with… nothing.]

ScaryB @scaryb

@blenkinsopthebrave @phaseshift – I apologise for mis-tagging the idea for Top 10 of individual Doctors – still a great idea tho (and I still second the nomination of Blenkinsop for the Hartnell one (or any other one he feels inspired to do – have more inspiration as required – 2 glasses is never enough!))

My final thought (for now) on memorable sci fi moments – they surely can’t have left out Sean Connery’s “classic” costume in Zardos (agh! my eyes 😉 )

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@blenkinsopthebrave @arbutus @whisht

Congratulations all. You made the podium! Champions.

Look forward to receiving ‘nothing’ in the post as a reward.

It’s actually something extra-dimensional, but everyone dismisses it as nothing. What can you do?

Whisht @whisht

thanks @craig – I’ll put the nothing in the nothing-shaped space on my mantelpiece.

If I’m honest, nothing actually looks good there.

Better than it did before.

I think I should take up Wabi sabi.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@blenkinsopthebrave

Piped you to the post?! Ah well – at least we mentioned it. I do find that scene very magical. I therefore admire you and MrsBlenkinsop immensely!

@wolfweed

I’ve just realised that I could make a list of 10 reasons why I shouldn’t make lists.

I have to say, I immediately distrust people who can categorise stuff in order of preference like that. If I go away for a day, my top 50 could look completely different. I can nominate scenes I love, but never place them in any coherent order. Depends on mood. I am proud that no-one on this forum has been so foolish as to follow the lead.

@craig

I admire your dedication to research sir!

but there is no Pit as far as I can tell, or Blake’s Seven

Sob – how soon we forget those heroes of the past, and what they did for us! Free the Blake’s 7!!

find that kinda interesting. Games are becoming more like films or TV shows, and offer even more immersive experiences in many cases. It’s like we’re getting more sci-fi by the day.

I remember the day it happened (for me) – I’d been killing these do-gooders from GDI in the original Conmand and Conquer game. My “Middle-Man”, an idiot called Seth, interrupted to give me a new mission, and it all went wrong (for him).

I have to ask – was Kane a relation of yours?!

And thanks for all the clips peeps – Had a laugh at Darkstar @scaryb and loved the Jason from @blenkinsopthebrave.

And congrats to all the winners (even though, you know…well). You retain your pride!

Arbutus @arbutus

@scaryb    Oh dear Lord. That is not a sci-fi moment with which I was familiar, and I could have continued quite peacefully in that state of blissful ignorance, my innocence intact. Oh well. I will look  to my extra-dimensional trophy for comfort (does it come with an extra-dimensional bottle of champagne? Do I get to soak @blenkinsopthebrave and @whisht in bubbly? (Pan-galactic gargle blaster, blenkinsop?)

toinfinityandbepond @toinfinityandbepond

my mother had a “Round Toit” on her mantlepiece

it was a plate that said “Now you can do all the things you said you would do when you got a round toit”

Tiddler @tiddler

Hi all, haven’t posted for a long time but always lurk to keep an eye on the bonkers theories! Have you seen the new trailer? Only slightly more informative than the last one, but at least it has a few words in it. More interesting is the news that ep 1 of the new series will be feature length. Not to wish my kids’ school holidays away (started today), but can’t wait for 23rd August!

Happy theorising!

Tiddler

Whisht @whisht

ok, apologies but I got weak.

One last “bestest sci fi moment EVAH – and you’re all STOOPID if you disagree” for the list.

The Countdown.

5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

[and yes I’ve also indulged this evening in intros from Buck Rogers, Captain Scarlet, Space 1999 (with Maria Schell!!) Actually Doctor Who’s intro is more iconic than any of these… is it on the list??]

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

Glad to see you are still around @tiddler.

I had one prediction from May shot down (Doctor Who Exlusive at SDCC) and one win with the 23rd (not a feat this one – you hear August/September as a Start date and immediately pencil in the nearest Bank Holiday).

Not much in the teaser to go on, but – the excitement builds. I have a feeling they may do a bit more promotion for this one because he’s a new boy. In place of the SDCC they have the world tour, so I can imagine a drip feed around that time.

(BTW 23rd August – tis an official thing now people – BBC link)

Whisht @whisht

btw can I just say… @blenkinsopthebrave – love the commercial!

@toinfinityandbepond – nice 🙂

and @scaryb – don’t ever do that again.
    That image has spoilers.

Its spoiled my eyes and my sleep.

I now can’t get flying rock heads, grain, and mainly that crotch out of my mind.

Anonymous @

Whoo -hoo @phaseshift thank you for that!  So, I’m counting down 2 months from now -roughly-and pencilling in the date on the fridge- more like ‘tattooing’ it on the front door. In a month, which happens to be my b’day, we’ll be ‘half way there’ in the words of the inimitable Jon Bon Jovi 🙂 Kindest, purofilion

Anonymous @

@whisht my goodness, I haven’t listened to the score for the Thunderbirds in ages. We made a hit of it at a school where we brought the house down on that number -the parents were the recipients, really, the kiddies knew nought. Actually, besides The Doctor, Thunderbirds was the show that helped me grow. My parents, indulging in every style, decorated the house with the same kind of furniture: one of which was a cranberry coloured vinyl ‘suite’ with  yellow metal legs. I inherited it. Now, of course, it comes back as a ‘style’ by which time I’ve sold it for 50 bucks. Bummer…..anyway, scores ….must think on this. But @scaryb I agree with Whisht -that image made me blurp my morning coffee. @blenkinsopthebrave I love the commercial: it’s fab! Thank you. You guys (& gals) have had a great night:)

Kindest, puro

janetteB @janetteb

From a very subjective perspective I would want to see in a top 100 best sci fi moments Aragorn arriving in the pirate ships at the battle of the Pelennor Fields as it is written. Neither BBC radio Play or film has done justice that that moment. I would have to include a B.5 clip, the one from Series 3 Severed Dreams when Delen appears on the screen and makes her, “Only one human has ever defeated the Minbari” speach. I loved that moment too because in at least 90 % of sci fi the humans are the “good guys” and the aliens the enemy. B.5 turned that on its head. Another classic moment from another personal favourite is Walter’s acid trip in Fringe, just for the sheer audacity of it. I would have to include something from Brazil but it has been so long since I last watched it that I cannot highlight a single scene. The sword fight from Princess Bride is a classic, and I would also include Dr Smith, (Lost in Space) as a carrot for the sheer absurdity of it as well as scenes from Metropolis, Nosferatu, the Cabinet of Dr Caligari and the classic Melies “A Voyage to the Moon” shot, though it has been so long since  I watched any of those that I could not be specific.

As for my Dr Who top ten, well that requires careful consideration and a few more glasses of wine. (We started working on it over dinner at our “local” last night.)

Cheers

Janette

janetteB @janetteb

I knew I was forgetting something. There has be at least one scene from “Galaxy Quest.” “he” suggested “all of it really”.

Cheers

Janette

Arbutus @arbutus

@blenkinsopthebrave       Win nothing… well, it beats not winning anything, which is my usual tactic!

@toinfinityandbepond      I had a “round tuit” fridge magnet once… it didn’t work.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    Anonymous @

Steven Moffatt linked with the new Star Wars movies? Sounds unlikely but still you never know…

UPDATE. as you were. Official denial from Sue Vertue on Twitter.

ScaryB @scaryb

Re leaked scripts – anyone on twitter might want to use the official hashtag – # keepmespoilerfree

This pic is going out from all the official tweeters (but there’s some fun other ones as well) –

Embedded image permalink

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,029 total)

The topic ‘Doctor Who News (3)’ is closed to new replies.