Series 7 part 2 speculation

Home Forums Episodes The Eleventh Doctor Series 7 part 2 speculation

This topic contains 155 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 11 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Craig @craig
    Emperor

I was just looking at the poster again and I thought the theme may be reflections. The Spoonheads seem a bit silly unless Moffat wants to make a point about reflections and distortions (the Spoonhead on the far left seems to have a distorted face reflected, or even trapped, in it – reminds me of Donna in the library).

And the poster features a whole host of other reflections. Is Clara a reflection through time? I’m not sure what that might mean yet, but I’ll work on it. 😀

Craig @craig
    Emperor

I’m going to re-post it as it got lost at the bottom of the last page. Click to enlarge.

series-7-part-2-poster-thumb

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

And the poster features a whole host of other reflections. Is Clara a reflection through time?

Could be. You can see reflections in a pond, btw. 🙂 And in a River

“Through the Looking Glass” was once used by the Doctor to Amy (Power of Three), and in fact, a great deal of the Ponds’ on screen career consisted of dealing with alternate time streams, or there being two versions of Amy. The God Complex, repeated yesterday, had Amy and young Amelia.

WhoHar @whohar

@craig etc.

That poster looks is reminiscent of the cover of a Jasper Fforde / Thursday Next novel.

WhoHar @whohar

I’m wondering whether Moffat will run the second half of the series / season into the 50rh anniversary (as is generally being assumed) or whether he will have a resolution at the end of the season and have a more standalone story.for the 50th.

My mad theory (reboot) is well known 🙂 – so I’d say that if he resolves the S7 storyline, it’ll be a resolution that also leads straight into the 50th.

So, say, the Eleventh is completely memory wiped at the resolution to S7, 50th starts with two teachers finding their college student lives in a police box with her mad grandfather, then an epic storyline where the Eleventh needs to reconnect with every single one of his past selves to save the universe.

Only minor problem is that he doesn’t remember his past selves (hmm, could that be Clara’s purpose? She’s a living fob watch?)

Anonymous @

I think the season will end with a huge f*** off cliffhanger. In my wilder moments, I even suspect that it might even end with a regeneration and that Matt’s role in the special will be as a ‘past’ Doctor.

I quite like @bluesqueakpip‘s idea of an amnesiac Doctor (although isn’t this essentially the plot of the Eight Doctors?) Maybe the cliffhanger of season 7.5 will be the Doctor seriously asking of himself ‘Doctor Who’?

And am I the only one surprised that the Ice Warriors seem to be largely as they were seen back in the day? They must be the only returning Old Who monster that hasn’t been given a serious make-over for their return. Mind you, it’s difficult to tell from those ‘shards’. Maybe they’re on wheels or summat.

Oh, and good to see @whohar back with us!!

Whisht @whisht

hey Whohar (hm, that sounds a bit like a US Marine greeting!) and jimthefish,

agree with the amnesiac doctor being done before (twice? more than that??) but still, I was presuming “silence will fall” when no one knows the answer to the question “Doctor Who?” (including the Dr?).

Now I think I prefer your moment of indecision – “what kind of doctor am I? a man of violence? a man of peace and science?”.

Always thought his face-off with Julian Bleach’s Davros was one of the best bits of Who I’ve seen…

ScaryB @scaryb

Re the BBC’s trailer – one of the scariest phrases is –

…something sinister lurking in the wifi…

If that doesn’t creep out all the online forum-posters, nothing will! @blenkinsopthebrave‘s 4th wall theory anyone?

Excited about the castlist, inc Richard E, but surely if it’s the GI then it should be Ian McKellen (or maybe they’re just not mentioning him!)

I think 7.5 will be relatively self-contained but leading into 8 (probably on a BIG cliffhanger). I think 8 will be arc-driven leading directly into the 50th which will be its resolution, a celebration and a reboot of some sort. Not nec with a new Dr.

Fracturing in time is likely, an overall Big Bad who’s been lurking/manipulating since series 5 (or more!), possibly the Great Intelligence.

<kicks sleepy, half abandoned theory back into touch> Still think all the history of the programmes downloading into the Dr’s head, following amnesia, to basically reboot him (ie he’s been reliving what we’ve been watching for last 50 years) is intriguing concept. (Ties in with various amnesia theories etc above, but would have the effect of turning the pprogramme inside out, relaunching it but still retaining all its history. Hey, if Amy can reboot the universe, rebooting the Dr should be easy).

Please note that all the above is probably completely wrong, LOL

Anonymous @

I stand corrected re. the Ice Warriors redesign…

http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/05/doctor-who-first-look-at-ice-warriors-in-new-series-3526755/

Although it’s much less of a radical one than the atrocity they made of the Cybermen.

Also, is it just me, or does the plot of this episode sound suspiciously like that of the Angel episode Why We Fight?

WhoHar @whohar

First of all thanks to @jimthefish (nice new av. btw) @whisht for the welcome. Hopefully I’ll be able to post a bit more. My last post on the 50th forum explains what’s been happening.

Only managed to skim many of the threads but some intriguing ideas on here. I am very taken with @bluesqueakpip‘s amnesiac doc idea but if it is something too similar has already been done then maybe Moffat won’t touch it.

In my ideal world, Clara is resolved at the end of S7 (or a cliffhanger which is settled in ep 1 of S8). S8.then takes this resolution and uses it to tie up all the loose ends of the Moffat era culminating in a Fields of Trenzalor feature length ep. Perfect.

I’m going for a cold shower now.

WhoHar @whohar

Of course how this all happens is something I’m going to have to give some not inconsidersbke thought to.

Whisht @whisht

@scaryb – “something in the WiFi”? – is that the London Underground wifi? Has that Virgin WiFi resurrected the GI???!!?

Damn that meddling Branson!

;¬)

howdy @jimthefish – that thar’s a darn fine avatar!

WhoHar @whohar

The more I think about it the less I think.Mr.M. will return the Doc to London 1963. It’s already been done.in Remembrance of the Daleks. I think some sort of reboot is likely – it fits Moffat’ s M. O. (I imagine). The wi-fi angle is intriguing. I wonder if the BBC are going to try something really ambitious such as an intrractive episode (press the red button NOW) or maybe some kind of vote for S8 or the 50th. This obv fits in with @blenkinsopthebrave and his 4th wall theory so is to be immediately discounted. 🙂

Whisht @whisht

I have a bonkers theory! I have a bonkers theory! I have a bonkers theory!!!!
    @blenkinsopthebave – over here, over here quick!

(I paraphrase):
    “On the Fields of Trenzalor, the first question, hidden in plain sight, will be asked. A question that must not be answered!”

Presumably that is – “Dr Who? Dr Who??”

Now, imagine that the reason it mustn’t be answered, is because the Dr’s enemies are trying to kill him in battle on the Fields of Trenzalor. If he’s identified (on the Field) he’ll be killed.

So what’s the bestway to not answer that question?
    By answering it of course! a la Spartacus…

I am the Doctor!”

Now, imagine that all the fans are encouraged to do the same, out loud at screenings, in their homes, over Twitter (#iamthedoctor)….

4th wall, here we come!!

[ieeee thenk youw]

Juniperfish @juniperfish

@whisht

That IS a really great idea. It actually gave me a chill because, huge cheesy “I am Spartacus” reference or not, I think it would be a very powerful participatory tribute to the show at the 50th Anniversary.

Wow it’s SO cheesy (but in a grandiose kind of good way) that it reminds me of RTD – are you him in disguise? 🙂

Moffat – steal this idea immediately if you haven’t already planned it!

Although – is it too similar to all earth inhabitants chanting the Doctor’s name to “empower him” during Martha’s year saving the planet from the Master in “Last of the Time Lords” to get a look-in?

Naw – Moff loves repeating themes in different forms…

Whisht @whisht

he he! thanks @juniperfish – though I’m more ‘flingin-ideas-at-a-wall-and-hoping-one-will-stick’ than anything else!

Though Spartacus is more an Easter theme – so maybe the 50th is closer to my next bonkers theory (oh yes, I have others…!)

:¬)

now, back to the rugby (and a rather fine red, though sadly not red-head!)

Whisht @whisht

actually @juniperfish – I did kinda think about RTD and that storyline but only afterwards (it was a weird train of thought that got me to “I am the Doctor”!).

I actually hated that whole ‘resurrection of the Doctor’ thing with Tennant rising up with arms outstretched – urgh! Really hated that, and the whole ‘chant his name’… I’m from a Roman Catholic background (though my current avatar may suggest where my head is at), so perhaps it made my bile rise a little more than others, but still. It suggested both hubris and cheap theatricality.

[ahem]

Obviously my nod to grandiose theatricality is at least a nod to a film heroing butting-up against authority!

;¬)

High Anglican myself (with a Roman Catholic education) – and I long since came to the conclusion that RTD simply doesn’t get religion, in the same way that someone truly colour-blind doesn’t get colour. His attempts to write stories about religion are always slightly off, somehow.

I don’t mean because he’s an atheist; both Terry Pratchett and Steven Moffat are (or say they are) atheists, and in both cases I tend to nod my head in recognition when they write stories about religion. Even if I don’t agree with them, I recognise exactly what they’re talking about. They get it; they understand religious people – they just don’t believe in it.

Whisht @whisht

um, hopefully we haven’t lurched too awkwardly into religion (surest way to get someone annoyed!).

@bluesqueakpip I don’t know about RTD’s other writings on religion so can’t comment. It dawned on me that it was weird that there could be a personality for ‘god’ (old testament anger then new testament love), but I do think that there’s good drama to be had with characters being able to keep 2 truths in mind at the same time (and I’m not referring to suspending disbelief).

[ahem] but anyway – Who was ‘History and Science’, so I prefer my Spartacus “I am a critical thinker – I am a free man!” to RTD’s quasi-mystical rubbish.

ah well, – all of its a bit bonkers!

;¬)

The Doctor is all for scientific rationalism; the attitude of the writers to this depends very much on the individual writer. 🙂

Regarding your ‘I am the Doctor’ theory; it would need to be a metaphorical truth rather than a literal one (so that’s Dawkins buggered, then – no, sorry, moving swiftly away from religion!) because one of the criteria is ‘no living creature can speak falsely’.

So it really would have to be a ‘I am Spartacus’ moment; people saying that, in spirit, they are the Doctor.

The other get-out clause, of course, is ‘living creature’. A robot, presumably, can speak falsely, or one of those creepy robo-men from the Dalek Asylum.

The other problem is that you aren’t allowed to ‘fail to answer’. So your idea that the Doctor mustn’t be found is a good one. If he’s found, he’ll have to answer.

My contribution to the bonkers theorising: ‘speak falsely’ is not the same as ‘tell the truth.’  It just means you can’t say anything you don’t believe.

WhoHar @whohar

Wondering if the inconsistencies in the Doc’s character that has been remarked upon by several posters (on the Other blog) has been Moffat’s plan all along (Brilliance) or whether it has been just shoddy writing and he’s realised and so is using the 50th as a way to rationalise the Doc’s variable nature.

WhoHar @whohar

Re: my last post. By way of illustration, one of the reasons that The Snowmen was a hit was down to the fact that we knew what the Doc was about – in mourning for the loss of the Ponds. So his motivation, and thus the dynamic of the ep., was well understood.
    That’s not always been the case in some eps which have meandered emotionally.

Whisht @whisht

hey @bluesqueakpip, I think I understand the difference you’re alluding to, but can’t imagine how that would be played out (I’m trying to think of people actually answering a question…).

However, what’s maybe interesting is that although no one can speak falsely, the one thing we do know is that “the Doctor lies”.

;¬)

which is slightly more amusing than the far longer, duller post I’m trying to write around this darn arc and what it could mean!

However, what’s maybe interesting is that although no one can speak falsely, the one thing we do know is that “the Doctor lies”.

Indeed. And one of the most subtle ways to lie is to tell the exact truth. Just not the whole truth.

There’s also the technique where you tell the truth so unconvincingly that no one believes a word you say, but that one is hardly likely to work on the Fields of Trenzalore, where everyone knows no living creature can speak falsely. 🙂

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

Just a bit of speculation to try to warm up my brain for the forthcoming series run. When I heard the title was “The Bells of St. John” I immediately thought of the older “Oranges and Lemons” verses, but couldn’t remember what the Bells of St. john were supposed to “say”. The Miracle of “the internetz” reveals:

“Pokers and Tongs” say the Bells of St. John’s (Apparently a lovely reference to historic torture there)

Which didn’t reveal much. I think Clara picked up a poker in the Snowmen, but that was about it.

The other thing that occurred to me when I was on a bus was the St. John Ambulance badge on the Tardis (which Moff asked to be put back on at the start of Series 5, and wondered if it was a pun on “The Belles of St. Trinian’s”. The Girls of the Tardis, which plays into mine and other thoughts that she is some kind of construct of the Tardis.

Or I could be talking absolute pish. As usual.

Anyone else had any thoughts?

Anonymous @

@phaseshift — I suspect that it might have been chosen for all the references to London in the nursery rhyme. However, the rhyme in general is sometimes interpreted as being about child sacrifice, so maybe that’s a clue.

St John’s is also the oldest church in London and based at the Tower of London. (Wasn’t there a line in the Impossible Astronaut about a globe of light being seen rising from the Tower, or am I misremembering.)

(All ‘info’ from the information superhighway, so should be taken with a pinch of salt.)

Alternatively, it’s just Moffatt f***ing with us once again.)

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@jimthefish

St John’s is also the oldest church in London and based at the Tower of London.

Ahhh. Thanks – Wasn’t UNIT’s HQ also based under the Tower in Power of Three?

I am feeling a bit sluggish at the moment to be honest. My intention was to start rewatching series 7 (and making any further comments/observations on the new blogs) as a lead up to the series starting on Sunday to try to kick myself into gear.

chickenelly @chickenelly

Wasn’t there a reference to ‘Oranges & Lemons’ in a previous episode?  Can’t remember which one (out of practice) but the final lines of ‘Here comes a candle to light you to bed, Here comes a chopper to chop off your head’ rings a bell (ooh pun-tastic).

There is the Order of St John which the St John’s Ambulance brigade has its origins.  Its priory church is in the general area of a lot of the other churches in the rhyme.

God Complex. Joe (the gambler) quotes it. We also heard the TARDIS Cloister bell in The Doctor’s Wife. So ‘the bells of St John’ could be a reference to the TARDIS.

And now I’m thinking “we have heard the chimes at midnight, Master Shallow”

chickenelly @chickenelly

Thanks @bluesqueakpip I knew I wasn’t dreaming.

What about the room (?)11 which the Doctor peered into in the hotel in the God Complex.  What was there?  And wasn’t there a suggestion of a Cloister bell there?

The TardisWikia has an interesting collection of Moffat helmed cloister bells.

The Eleventh Hour – when the engines were phasing

The Curse of the Black Spot – when the TARDIS was teleported onto the out-of-phase ship by the Siren

The Doctor’s Wife – when the TARDIS was taken over by House

The God Complex – not the real TARDIS, presumably, but in the room of the Doctor’s greatest fear.

Whisht @whisht

Hi @phaseshift

“Anyone else had any thoughts?”

erm…. well, recently my bonkers theories are all “first question” related…

only thing I can add about St. John’s is that its in Smith Square.

No jokey reference likely here then…..

:¬)

[ok ok, this is St Johns near Westminister (and therefore closer to the Bridge seen in the poster) rather than the Tower’s St. John Chapel. I still reckon there’s a visual gag here that they wouldn’t pass up, surely..?]

wolfweed @wolfweed

That monster in ‘The Rings of Akhaten’ that looks a bit Sycoraxy is very ‘Pyramids of Mars’y (also it’s trapped in a pyramid & demands a sacrifice) – could it be related to Sutekh or even the God himself?

Those other ‘monsters’ in the episode remind me of something & I can’t think what. At 1st I thought it was the Seers from Underworld but perhaps it’s just the Rocketeer?

7 days til the Radio Times series guide (hopefully).

Anonymous @

re. The Bells. I think @phaseshift has it right that it might be a reference to the new UNIT HQ. I’m assuming that this is the episode in which Kate Lethbridge-Stewart makes a reappearance?

@wolfweed — there was some idle speculation that Akhaten was going to be some kind of sequel to Pyramids of Mars but I don’t buy it myself. I also thought the Mummy creature looked vaguely Draconian-like as well though…

Whisht @whisht

so, as we near the next series and my stoopid theories and thoughts get overtaken by actual writers and y’know, proper writing and stuff, I thought I’d better release the loose ends of my wandering pondering.
    Feels safe enough company… 🙂

[ahem]

The Dr was meant to forget the Silence – they’re protecting something (dangerous a ‘big bad’) for him. He made himself forget what it was they’re hiding; they make people forget it as soon as they see it.
    Now, I had thought it was the Hand of Omega but Moffat wouldn’t go there (even for the “Dr HoO” gag), but maybe something related to that whole backstory.

Obviously(?!) his name is the big secret – I imagine its a password to this ‘big bad’ and will be revealed as Gallifreyan runes – “tah-dah!” with a “huh?/ wha?/ who?” from everyone.
    Or maybe it isn’t his name which is the password but his nickname..

“Clever boy” was a childhood nickname that he adopted as “Doctor”.

Either the Tardis or his mother will tell the Doctor as a child to “Run, run you clever boy” or even “Run! You: ‘Clever boy’!” (away with the Tardis).

[catches breath]

right, still no anagrams for Clara Oswald (even in pig Latin its very roughly “clear Oswald” but surely not a lazy ‘Lee Harvey is innocent gag?)?

and yet, on top of all this is a hunch that the Great Intelligence is directing stuff across time…
    phew.

I can only hope that all this errant thinking sparks something more likely in someone else’s thoughts!

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@Whisit there is a lovely Peter Pan element to the I am Spartacus idea.

Two things I keep coming back to. The fact that the Doctor said ‘this is new’ or ‘it’s new’ in every episode of the first half of the season, even when it felt quite shoehorned in.

And the fact that so far there have been two very unlikely alliances against the doctor as the big bad. It’s been going on since eleven started with ‘basically: run.’ Whether this tells us more about eleven or Moffitt I don’t know. I do think that when he decided to subvert the fixed point in time by faking his death he knew it was a risk. (Though if he hadn’t, River would have ended the universe. I’ve said this before, but: takes after her father.)

Anonymous @

@miapatrick — I’m heavily leaning towards the long-standing two Doctors theory. The ‘this is new’ trope could be a clue to when we’re seeing the ‘new’ Doctor in action (i.e. it’s ‘new’ to him). I think the ‘big bad’ this year is going to be the Doctor himself. We’ll ultimately have one Doctor fighting a bad version of himself (riffing on the Valeyard maybe?)

Could be that the Doctor is the Great Intelligence. Don’t forget that the climax of The Web of Fear all those years ago was the Doctor agreeing for his mind to be absorbed by the Intelligence but that he’d reversed the mind-sucking machine to work the opposite way but he was then pulled clear by his friends before it could take full effect. Maybe that had the effect of just ‘Doctorising’ the Intelligence.

Or maybe this is a bit too ‘fanwanky’. But it strikes me that picking up a plot thread from 1967 is the sort of thing Moffatt might do in the anniversary year…

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@jimthefish: giving a little irony to all those ‘this is new’s…

I’m torn between your theory, and ‘our’ doctor being the big bad. Mind you, RTD had two Doctors, one rather more dangerous than the other.

Most of Moffitt’s Who has revolved around how dangerous the doctor is, and I would love for the whole Doctor=warrior/Predator v Doctor=Caretaker/babysitter/cleaner contrast to come to something.

If you are right, would that mean elements of the doctor in the GI? In which case, not Eleven’s personality, but Eleven would have the memories to know its weakness, but it wouldn’t be mutual.

(Though Eleven’s weaknesses are obvious. He is kind, arrogant and feckless.)

janetteB @janetteb

I posted the following in the Dr Who news thread in response to an observation of @jimthefish in regard to the trailer for the next episode then realised that this is the correct place for bonkers theorising.

bonkers bonkers theory, Clara is the daughter of River Song and the Doctor has to hide her by sending her through the universe. Don’t think this has any merit though for many reasons. I suspect that the “marriage” will remain deliberately ambigious and they wouldn’t have her snogging the Dr if she was his daughter. More likely Clara is somehow the child of the Tardis hence her, It’s smaller on the outside”. She has an intuitive knowledge of the inside. In a timey wimey way she might have been splintered through time at different ages or as an infant in each age.

cheers

Janette

Whisht @whisht

hmm, of course with 2 doctors (and there’s a been a few down the years), they have slightly different memories and so answering truthfully on the ‘Fields of Athenry’ will identify the ‘real’ Dr…

Doesn’t say ‘answer truthfully’. It says ‘no one can speak falsely’. The difference may be important.

@janetteb

I keep remembering that we’re coming up to the 50th – and the original series started with the Doctor travelling with his granddaughter.

And way back before Steven Moffat started his tenure, he asked for the Doctor’s daughter to survive.

Somewhere in the universe is the Doctor’s daughter. Which equally means, somewhere in the universe, he could have a granddaughter.

Though I admit that I’m not so worried about the ‘ambiguity’ of the Song/Doctor marriage. Moffat’s consistently used ‘marriage’ as a child-friendly way of saying ‘they’re having sex/babies may possibly be on the way’. He might have dropped the Jenny route and decided Clara could instead be the daughter of River and the Doctor.

Anonymous @

@miapatrick — if it does indeed turn out that the Great Intelligence has been ‘Doctored’ because of the denouement of the Web Of Fear, I’d imagine it’d be imbued with the personality of the Second Doctor, who was possibly the most benign of all the Doctors, so maybe it’ll just be more general Doctor-ish traits that it has. But I’d imagine that it would be something ‘Other’ altogether — neither the Doctor nor the Great Intelligence — and therefore unpredictable.

@janetteb — fine theorising there — although I’m not sure I can take any credit (unless I’m becoming even more absent minded than usual). I do like the idea of the Child of the TARDIS, although I’m not quite sure how that would happen. I suspect that Clara might be the result of the TARDIS exploding and that she is something to do with its fractured consciousness (a la Scaroth). Those in the know seem to be boldly saying that we’ll never be able guess Clara’s story but they clearly don’t know the bonkers brains that we have on here.

I also quite like the idea that Clara might be Jenny’s daughter and that at the end of the 50th we’ll have the Doctor travelling again with his grand-daughter.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

I really enjoyed the prequel. Lovely bit of acting by Smith, and the ending made me smile. Like others I picked up a bit of ambiguity about what was going on. At face value it’s a chance meeting that both may forget that indicates that something is making them bump into each other.

The echo of his meeting with Amelia though made me think of his regeneration line “I’m not fully baked yet” and so maybe this wasn’t a chance encounter and the Doctor is interested to see an incarnation of her in the “Baking process”.

The third observation was the sequence is really non-period specific. I could be 10 or so years ago, or it could be “now”. So there is an option that you have two copies of Clara in operation in the same period, but with one of them at an earlier stage of development perhaps.

Whisht @whisht

oops – forgot another bonkers theory.

Its the real First Question:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Could answering this really be what’s been going on all this time…?

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

I think looking at the trailer, and the “there’s something living in the WIFI” stuff, it’s fair to say this run will probably see multiple options as to what Clara is (in the same way we had different potential options for how the Doctor would beat the events at Lake Silencio).

That line reminds me of the options that somehow her consciousness had invaded the Dalek Pathweb and escaped somehow. But obviously, if she is “Clara Prime”, the question is how her copies became to exist. Although all those computer POV shots, and the uncredited computer voices in Dinosaurs and Town called Mercy make you think..

The Snowmen actually could give you an origin for Clara in that at the time of her death she imprinted on the snow. We were told the ice that killed the Governess unfroze but apparently remembered her when it refroze. So clever ice could become clever water, could become clever water vapour?

So we probably all have a bit of Oswin in us. A bit similar to the argument about Shakespearean atoms (and just about anyone else, alive or dead). Perhaps these water molecules, soaked in Oswinicity can, when reaching a critical mass of Oswinness in certain people produce a spontaneous copy at conception?

I need a drink. Waiter – fetch me a low-clara beer please! 🙂

Miapatrick @miapatrick

OK, bonkers theory: Earth was a computer but the files became corrupted (six times nine indeed…) so in TBB (or TWORS, which would fit in with the whole ‘new’ thing) it was dismantled and the components used to build an even bigger computer, a universe not just a planet. Oswin is in fact a program within this computer, essential to calculate the real question which, when answered, will in fact destroy the universe, because the question and the answer can not exist at the same time. (Alright, it wouldn’t fit with ‘Doctor Who’, but that’s assuming that that is the question, and so far it’s been presented as everyone’s best guess.)

(Wouldn’t you love to see Moffitts take on the Restaurant at the end of the Universe?)

ScaryB @scaryb

@phaseshift

I think looking at the trailer, and the “there’s something living in the WIFI” stuff, it’s fair to say this run will probably see multiple options as to what Clara is (in the same way we had different potential options for how the Doctor would beat the events at Lake Silencio).

Good call I think, and I like your idea re the snow.

Re dating yong Clara – assuming it’s the same timeline as the end of the Xmas specila when she comes across her won gravestone. Hmm – does she know who/what she is?

@miapatrick – LOL! V Douglas Adams. Ah, you’ll all come round to my theory that what we’ve been seeing for the last 50 years is the Dr’s memories, downloading into his brain – a race against time to get him (either the eleventh or the twelfth) up and functioning before the Big Bad carries out his dastardly plan. 🙂

ScaryB @scaryb

re the posters – n one of the shards there’s what looks like computer code, but running vertically – tribute to Wotan(?) (mad London computer from Troughton story)?

Does anyone know if Series 8 is planned to be screened before the 50th? Or will be left for months with an almighty cliffhanger/gamechanger at the end of 7.2?

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 156 total)

The topic ‘Series 7 part 2 speculation’ is closed to new replies.