Spoilers (3)

Home Forums General Spoilers (3)

This topic contains 1,031 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 1,032 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

As the old Spoilers thread was nearing it’s maximum allowed posts, this is a new Spoilers thread for, erm Spoilers. If you wish to share any Doctor Who related rumours or ‘unofficial’ news (ie not released/officially confirmed by the BBC) please post them here.

When @ mentioning other members, please bear in mind that not everyone is interested in spoilers so take care who you mention. Perhaps the best way to avoid inadvertently mentioning someone is to check back through the thread. If a particular member has never posted then assume they do not want to receive messages notifying them that the new companion is to be played by Jeremy Clarkson 🙂

winston @winston

@fatmaninabox             I know you are joking , but even in Canada I know Jeremy Clarkson and I can only say ……….NOOOOOOOOOO!

Missy @missy

SECONDED! *shudder*

Cheers,

Missy

p.s. I should have put the mention of Brian Blessed on here shouldn’t I. Although it was just him talking, not a rumour.o

gamergirlavatar @gamergirlavatar

Information about the new companion has been release. The new companion, Bill, will be played by Pearl Mackie. She will be along side The 12th Doctor, who will not be leaving this year. I don’t know much about Pearl Mackie for I haven’t seen her in anything so I can’t say my thoughts about her as a actress however it will be nice to see a new companion even if we still miss Clara.

nerys @nerys

This item made it into my Facebook newsfeed. It doesn’t sound official, so I figured I’d better post it in spoilers: Rumour

toinfinityandbepond @toinfinityandbepond
    janetteB @janetteb

thanks for the link @toinfinityandbeyond I am so starved of Who news that I read all two pages of zero information on Cult Box. Glad that Missy is likely to return. Not surprised though. She is far too good to not keep on. The more I re-watch the stories which feature her the more I like/dislike the character. (One isn’t supposed to “like” Missy.)

Cheers

Janette

geoffers @geoffers

@everyone

http://nerdist.com/doctor-whos-peter-capaldi-says-clara-might-be-back/

as someone who loved clara, even i thought, “steven… LET IT GO!”

lol

@geoffers

From November via @sirclockface, who was implausibly excited.

There is still story going on and evidently some of it is not some much a case of “not letting go” but of planning ahead.

geoffers @geoffers

@pedant

i do recall that mysterious filming. maybe it’ll be part of this year’s xmas special?

obviously i wouldn’t mind seeing clara, again (or any other old companion, really), but i am more excited to see what the new companion brings to the show. clara’s story is just too complete, now, for it to feel like anything other than a re-hash of what’s gone before…

but i still trust the grand moff, and he’s probably got something mind-bending and/or heart-smashing in store for us!!

🙂

ichabod @ichabod

@geoffers   I think the filming alluded to (if you mean Capaldi dropping hints of spoilers at Q&A in DC recently) in which Clara “was there” is filming for “Class”, which was set to begin this month as I recall.  If there’s a bit of time travel involved in that show, and an appearance of the Doctor himself in the first episode, well, he could drop in on Coal Hill in the past at some point, and *see* Clara (for whatever Moffat decides that’s worth to him now), but probably not interact with her past self (?).  No more than a nostalgic look-back, I should think, and in a different but related show.

geoffers @geoffers

@ichabod

i hadn’t even thought about the new show. i think i read that filming for the next doctor series begins filming in july, so it could really be either (or both!), i guess. we shall see!

😉

ichabod @ichabod

Not a spoiler exactly, should probably to the Fox Inn, but — let’s just say it’s a PG-rated-for-language link.  Parents and the tender-eared, be warned, I guess:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/david-tennant-donald-trump-tweets_us_577252dce4b0dbb1bbbbd8c3?section=

yrs in laughter and appreciation

ichi

Mudlark @mudlark

@ichabod     He left out my favourite:  ‘short-fingered, cheeto-faced, ferret-wearing shitgibbon’

I’m not sure what a shitgibbon is, but it sounds appropriate.

janetteB @janetteb

@ichabod Thanks for the link. My boys will all enjoy that one too. Just proves that when it comes to insults a Scottish accent is a definite plus. (but then I can’t think of any circumstance where a Scottish accent is not a plus)

@mudlark Don’t know what a “shitgibbon” is either but it does sound very apt though maybe insulting gibbons a little still I think I need to add it to my vocabulary.

Cheers

Janette

DalekTor @dalektor

@janetteg @mudlark

I think it means either a gibbon covered in shit or a gibbon made of shit. Both of those fit Trump perfectly.

Unfortunately, he’s still going to win the election. *sigh*

🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁

toinfinityandbepond @toinfinityandbepond
    ichabod @ichabod

Some of what Peter Capaldi says in this radio interview could be regarded as spoiler-y (that man is *always* in trouble about this kind of thing!  Love him for it — it’s just enthusiasm spilling all over the place).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04m42tv

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

It’s official. Capaldi is going at the end of series 10.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-01-30/peter-capaldi-confirms-hes-leaving-doctor-who-at-the-end-of-series-10

Oh, and big hellos to everyone. Sorry I’ve not been around. Comments on Sherlock and Xmas special presently. Oh, and possibly a blog….

janetteB @janetteb

@jimthefish Saw the headline on the Guardian. Not happy at all.

Cheers

Janette

DoctorDani @doctordani

God, I’m gutted, but I had a feeling he might.

ichabod @ichabod

Oh, HELL.

Getting drunk, right now.

lisa @lisa

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2780546/fans-are-convinced-kris-marshall-is-the-next-doctor-who-as-he-steps-down-from-death-in-paradise-just-in-time-to-take-over-from-peter-capaldi/

I always liked Kris Marshall since “My Family”  and   he was in “Love Actually”.    I think he has

something about him that is more like Tom Baker or even Matt Smith.  Quite honestly,  I think

I’d  like to see that sort of Doctor again.  Nothing against Capaldi.  Don’t know how he plans to play

the character this season. There are some aspects I’ve liked about his interpretation and some I  don’t.

Of course this is just the beginning of the rumor mill…….

ichabod @ichabod

Two “spoilers” spotted in this text:

http://www.doctorwhonews.net

I mean, clues to — S9/S10 continuity, I think.

Anonymous @

@ichabod

Funny as!

It’s like if I leave my school and a random leaves their school on the same day as me this ‘means’ we’re going to swap schools.

LOL.

I liked Colin (Kris) “I’ve got a biiig knob!”

Still will he be in in the Tardis ? Can he fly it? He can’t seem to do much as the detective (he bought a thing he called a yacht and it’s not) and yes I get his ‘character’ but I don’t know -some people dislike Kris a lot. Came from his being Colin in Love A.

Rumours. This could go on for 7 months!

ichabod @ichabod

@thane15  OOps!  — I mean the story below the Evans one, with the cover of Doctor Who magazine #509, with pertinent stuff (I think) buried in the quote from “Nardole” boxed in the text.

Chris Biffen @chrisbiffen

I am so eager to find out info on this years new season since the trailers!

lisa @lisa

Not sure if this should just go in the “Pilot” thread but  this caught some good stuff about

the upcoming series

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Now this IS The Mirror. But if it’s true it will fit with the route we’re taking with the Mondasian Cybermen etc. The first Doctor will supposedly appear in the Christmas special.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/first-time-lord-joining-peter-10244835

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@craig This is probably the only time I will ever say that I feel better as a result of reading something in The Mirror. And even if it turns out not to be true, it Should be true! Apart from anything else, it is a great bonkers theory.

@craig @blenkinsopthebrave

Wouldn’t it be awesome if One is in the vault?

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@craig et al–

Yep, this is what I’ve been hearing around too. I initially thought it sounded a bit fanboy but starting to think it might be awesome.

Interesting that it contradicts the early regeneration chat.

Anonymous @

That would be fantastic, as would seeing what Capaldidoc was doing there. Him (re-)witnessing the resolution of the time war might give him a chance to figure out where he mislaid that planet of his too. Moffat does love a long play…

Anonymous @

@pedant

A few hundred years stuck in a vault might retrospectively explain why One was suddenly on his last legs too.

It is very fanboyish. Which suits me fine.

wolfweed @wolfweed

(Perhaps only really spoilers if you don’t like to watch the coming soon type trailers & suchlike…)

The Radio Times shows Bill’s jacket patch clues from last week’s appearance @ London’s South Bank…

doctor who secret clues to the new series

lisa @lisa

Just wondering if the rumor is true about the 1st then how many Doctor regenerations  have

evolved around saving Galifrey  in new Who?    8 1/2 ,10, 11  and now 12?  9 regenerated to save

Rose.    I wonder if  Susan will also be in the Christmas special with the 1st?

janetteB @janetteb

That is an exciting rumour and very “doable” now that David Bradley is established as the First Doctor. There are certainly strong hints that this series is linked to the first Doctor and Susan. If so it would also be nice if Ian gets a nod as I feel a little cheated that Clara never actually met him, on screen at least.

Cheers

Janette

@janetteb I would simply love it if Ian could make an appearance, but he is now 92 years old. And yet, I am still hoping.

janetteB @janetteb

@blenkinsopthebrave true but he was in the Day Of the Doctor so I have hope otherwise they could use his son, as his grandson. I would be content with that.

I have the feeling that Moffat might be letting his “fanboy” head go a bit this series, it being his last and all. (Fingers crossed anyway)

@lisa As I suggested in the other thread the theme of promises in The Pilot might have some reference to the promise which the Doctor made to Susan and is as yet unfulfilled. To me Susan has been a loose end since she was written out and a character with potential to regenerate. I know that fans have debated that question for years but ultimately it is for the show runners to decide and they are not as locked into “canon” as some of the fans. I would like to see what becomes of Susan. I have often toyed with story ideas about her regenerating and being stuck on earth and the bureaucratic problems that would lead to.

Cheers

Janette

janetteB @janetteb

Dan Martin alludes to a rumour about the Christmas Special that is sweeping through the internet in his blog on the Guardian today. Does anyone know what it is?

cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

Contains a mild spoiler, presumably about ep 5…

capaldi @ science march Sat 22nd Apr

Frobisher @frobisher

Not really a spoiler, but to be on the safe side I’ll stick it here:

Kris Marshall plays the piano.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11314416/Whatever-happened-to-Kris-Marshall.html

Just sayin’.

#popgoestheweasel

wolfweed @wolfweed

Contains mild spoilers about the series finale…

Mostly just bizarre questions about marriage, cartoons, Dylan vs. Donovan, etc.

As promised, Peter’s hair is starting to take over the Universe…

Anonymous @

@wolfweed

That was actually great to watch -PC is composed and extremely funny. I imagine, in real life, he’s a wonderful grandfather. A sincere man with no “luvvie” stuff.  Funny favourite accessory from the child being “the celery” which, understandably, Peter thought was an entirely different word. 😀

In other interviews, in Australia (journ/celebrity style interviews rather than panels or forums) Peter’s quite thoughtful, a little shy, reflective. It was great to see his warm and funny side. Obviously doing Who has been a genuinely fantastic experience.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Luke Treadaway to play Dr 13?

This casting actually makes sense to me, if you watch Luke Treadaway play Alex Higgins in The Rack Pack…

luke as alex

I actually mentioned that he would make a good Doctor to my mum a few weeks ago…

The Rack Pack

wolfweed @wolfweed

actually…

Damn! Seemingly hours (or at least the time spent between one glass of shiraz and the next), spent composing a post, and then it disappears!

Anyway..

@wolfweed, have been reading the same, and also about Sacha Dhawan. Given the choice between LT and SD, I would go with the latter. His small role in a recent Sherlock as the embittered assassin shows he has real steel, which the Doctor needs, but Luke Treadway, as appealing as he is (Fortitude) comes across (to me) as a loveable puppy dog, which is not how I think of the Doctor.

Now…off to the third glass of shiraz…

janetteB @janetteb

@blenkinsopthebrave I hate it when that happens. I lost a post earlier this week. I too would vote for Sacha. He was excellent in An Adventure in Space and Time. (To be fair however I don’t think I have seen Luke in anything.)

Cheers

Janette

@janetteb
    While it was grim, the first season of Fortitude was pretty great. Brilliant actors, and a plot that was hypnotic. I recommend it.

Anonymous @

@blenkinsopthebrave  @janetteb

Oh, agreed! It was grim, wasn’t it? But spectacular on a number of levels. Not predictable,  either.

I enjoyed Sacha in Adventure in Space and Time as well. I think he’d be quite excellent as a Doctor. Is Bill Potts only in Who for one season? Could this be a ‘clean’ slate for Mr Chibnall as it was for Moff in Season 5, Who, I wonder?

I think Bill is wonderful. Just the right pacing, no over acting, no super-fast jabber, either (not a fan of that, generally). I didn’t realise this was essentially her debut as an actress.\: she’s absolutely on the map now.

Puro

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 1,032 total)

The topic ‘Spoilers (3)’ is closed to new replies.