Spoilers

Home Forums General Spoilers

This topic contains 932 replies, has 79 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 933 total)
  • Author
    wolfweed @wolfweed

ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR

@fatmaninabox – I wonder if that’s a sonic screwdriver bandoleer the Hurt Doctor is wearing?!?

Anonymous @

NOTHING SPOILERY – JUST REPLYING TO A MESSAGE

@wolfweed – they must have updated the page, it only had the top 2 images when I first saw it. Could be and it looks like it has room for more than one sonic as well. Hmmm?

Really looking forward to seeing Doc10’s TARDIS again!

Anonymous @

@craig – this is just a test of how a Spoilers post looks in yer new-fangled set-up …

EDIT:  Eeeenteresting.  The Sidebar has your ‘Spoilers x 3’ hack in the mouse-hover bubble, but the Home Page hover bubble shows the actual text.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@Shazzbot It works in the new sidebar but not on the Home page, but I can live with that for now.

wolfweed @wolfweed

ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR

http://www.combom.co.uk/2013/10/steven-moffat-at-cheltenham-festival.html
    z

Mr Capaldi is said to be trying on outfits…

wolfweed @wolfweed

ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR sCrAwL ScRoLleR

http://www.kasterborous.com/2013/10/steven-moffat-discusses-hurt-doctors-genesis/
    z

wolfweed @wolfweed

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/10/director-writer-news-14102013203015.html
    z Frank Cottrell Boyce

wolfweed @wolfweed

http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/BBC-Books-Doctor-Who-Time-Trips-Further-Details-Covers.aspx

Tennantmarsters2013 @tennantmarsters2013

Not sure where I should post this but I will put it in here just incase

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=loGm3vT8EAQ

what do you guys think?

wolfweed @wolfweed

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-day-of-the-doctor-set-pics-spoilers-54189.htm

”Spoilers!”

Hudsey @hudsey

@wolfweed all I can say is ‘where the hell you get these?’! Oh and thanks

CraigNixon @craignixon

Spoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllers

Lalala

Lalala

Just looked at this page on BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24038234

Is this a spoiler?

Timeloop @timeloop

Sssssssssssssssssssppppppppppppoooooooooooooiiiiiiiiilllllllleeeeeeerrrrrrrssss!

@wolfweed Omg, lovely pictures! The most intriguing one is that letter!!! And so obvious now that we are going back to Galifrey! What is Under Galifrey? Who wrote it? If it was some Timelord why did he/she not bring it his/herself?

Anonymous @

Very interesting letter , thank you wolfeed .

Like the war can go on , until the main part of galifrey is in danger , and then if that happened , doctor gets a letter , and has to reveal his name and end the war . Maybe something like this ?

Timeloop @timeloop

Sssssssssssssssssssppppppppppppoooooooooooooiiiiiiiiilllllllleeeeeeerrrrrrrssss!

@d12345 Nah, I don’t think it is so easy. I do agree that it is something that should persuade the Doctor to do something or provides some kind of missing information. But from who?

geoffers @geoffers

@timeloop – re: the letter, it doesn’t say “under gallifrey,” it says the “under gallery.” something to do with the royal art collection, at some point in history? kind of like the van gogh painting of the exploding tardis that was found in ‘the pandorica opens,’ it’s probably just a warning letter from a queen or king, trying to help the doctor… 😉

Nick @nick

@timeloop

Hi there. The letter should be signed (Monarch’s name/initial Rex/Regina) of course if it is what it seems to be. Given the Trafalgar Square filming I seen suggestions that there may be a link to the National Portrait Gallery (but that may be drawing an inference too far of course). The other inference I’ve read elsewhere is that the Under Gallery contains something of value/danger that the Doctor will need to protect/deal with. This seems a reasonable inference to me. It seems like we are being teased….

Cheers

Nick

Timeloop @timeloop

@geoffers oooops! So much wishful thinking going on there. Good catch. In which episodes could we see that painting then? The one with the star whale…. The one with Van Gogh and… The one… Oh right, The Pandorica opens. Did I miss any? Would be amazing if we have seen it before!

janetteB @janetteb

Whose writing is it? The Doctor’s I would guess. (Reminds me a little of the Valen story in B.5, which also involved a paradox. He writes a letter to himself from the past which sends him on a mission resulting in him going back etc etc.. )

Cheers

Janette

Nick @nick

@janetteb

The style of the painting of Tenant and the cross shaping (no idea what its called really) on the bottom of the letter appears to be vaguely Tudorish to my (poor in this aspect) eye (say 1530 to 1600). It says “placed into the care of my government” which implies its unlikely to be the Doctor and more likely to be an English/British monarch (or written by the Doctor for a Monarch to sign perhaps ?).

On the other hand, the letter seems to be written in quite modern rather than olde (yuck) English to me. If it was a Royal letter (“my Government”) it should also be signed (and possibly sealed) by the Monarch of the time which seems to be missing in the pic.

Personally, I wouldn’t like to draw any conclusions myself, beyond its seems something interesting is going on somewhere 🙂 .

Cheers

Nick

Anonymous @

@nick

I’m not an expert in art/calligraphy either but it makes sense that Doc10’s painting is Tudor style as he married ‘Good Queen Bess’ and would explain why she’s appearing in DoTD (played by Joanna Page).

Nick @nick

@fatmaninabox

Appearing – Now I didn’t know that fact 🙂

Thanks

Nick

janetteB @janetteb

Agree @nick on the distinctive Tudor style. There have been a lot of references to visits to Tudor London not seen on screen so maybe we will finally find out just what he did to upset Liz I . And I suspect that the letter was written by the Doctor.

Cheers

Janette

Timeloop @timeloop

@janetteb @nick

Good thoughts. Which cross do you mean Nick?
    Did Tennant use something to make himself forget he did it?
    Do you think this could be a major clue?
    Do you think the Dalekes could be in Gallifrey in the first two pictures?

wolfweed @wolfweed

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/an-adventure-in-space-and-time-more.html

z

More promo pics from AAISAT

Nick @nick

@wolfweed

random text..

Great picture. Out of interest how does this differ from the pic you’ve just posted in the News thread ?

Thanks

Nick

wolfweed @wolfweed

@nick
    I posted here first because I didn’t realise that the pictures had been officially released by BBC America. (There is method to my madness…)

Anonymous @

Maybe trenzelore is the moment , and the under gallery is doctors real grave on galifrey

Nick @nick

@timeloop

some random text to keep the content invisible

Which cross do you mean Nick?

its the sort of flat “S” shapes at the very bottom of the letter. I think its a distinctive Tudor style ending to a letter.

Do you think the Dalekes could be in Gallifrey in the first two pictures?

A couple of these and some other pictures have the Round shaped diagrams (look at the close up of the far wall in the second image). These are Gallifreyean in design, so the set is supposed to be Time Lord related. Whether its Gallifrey itself, a Tardis or some sort of TimeLord base or something else entirely  – your guess is as good as mine :).

Do you think this could be a major clue?

Yes and no is my opinion. They’re set pictures so there is a clue to the locations and events (eg the Daleks are invading a Time Lord base and have suffered significant casualties), but whether this is what happens in those sets on screen (we see a battle) or whether the Doctor passes through afterwards (on his way to do something else) is unknowable. The production team aren’t giving away that much in practice (but of courses its more than some people want to see).

Cheers

Nick

Timeloop @timeloop

@nick That is just some fancy writing going on there, certainly no cross?

Yeah I noticed those circles as well… Probably says “Exit this way” =D

Yes, true. Could be both ways. Although I would be pretty psyched to see Gallifrey at all! The two suns and the red grass and that giant glass … bubble (at loss for a better word) over the city. IF they enter the timelock- long lost friends and family of the doctor? His children in passing? I think 11 will sacrifice himself  so someone else can escape… would fit into his timeline wouldn’t it? Although, come to think of it…. that is what 10 did already. Moffat won’t repeat a story line….

geoffers @geoffers

[spoiler space, sorry i’ve forgotten to do this previously, i’m still learning/remembering, please don’t feed me to an ood, or lock me up with prisoner zero, or turn me into anything unnatural!] 😉

@timeloop – i don’t think we’ve seen this particular painting this past series, unless it’s hanging somewhere in that gloomy house in ‘hide?’ and i don’t have the time to re-watch all the AG episodes looking for it anywhere else! (but, oh, how i wish i had the time!) i do think it will turn up early on in ‘tDotD,’ like the painting of clara in ‘tBoSJ,’ and the van gogh in ‘tPO.’ i wouldn’t put it past moffat to have secreted it in some other episode, though! he’s sneaky, that one…

Anonymous @

I know I’m coming to this a bit late, but to address @wolfweed‘s previous comment 18792 with the on-set spoilerish pictures:

@timeloop @geoffers @nick @janetteb

I don’t think that’s a letter.  It looks like an envelope to me.  Hence why it’s not signed – it’s merely instructions that the envelope and its contents should be given to the Doctor in the event of a particular thing happening.

CraigNixon @craignixon

Can anyone direct link me to the photos please?

I can’t view them at work so a direct link would be welcome  🙂

CraigNixon @craignixon

Oh, and i just spotted these on BBC america

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/images/doctor-who-50-year-trailer-behind-the-scenes

Most interesting for me is that it states its a lookalike of Hartnell on the Trailer. That seems to knock out the theory its upscaled image – John Hurt is the policeman?  😉

EDIT: Think these may have been seen already – ignore me if they have and feel free to slap

Anonymous @

@craignixon – I’m not sure, is this the link you were hoping to get?

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-day-of-the-doctor-set-pics-spoilers-54189.htm

CraigNixon @craignixon

Kinda, its the bit that states: SHOW.

Dunno if its a Javascript link thats being blocked or just a webpage that the proxy is stopping

Anonymous @
    wolfweed @wolfweed

This chap has some interesting theories about TDOTD…

CraigNixon @craignixon

Brilliant!

Thank you Shazz!

Anonymous @

@wolfweed – as always, we’re awed by the breadth of your internet searching to bring us such tantalising titbits!

I find it fascinating that the ‘What’s the Beef?’ guy looked up ‘under gallery’ and found something about jewellery, and posited further on royal crowns etc.  I was more on-side with him when he got onto the National Gallery (not least due to the ‘paintings’ teaser we’ve known about for a while), and he had very interesting things to convey on what’s been going on at the NG this year – and of course, that we know there was filming for the 50th in that area.

I might have to impose a self-moratorium on visiting the Spoilers thread (except to help with links etc) because my building levels of excitement are making me feel that I want it all to be as fresh as possible.  But thanks again for all your hard work in gathering this information for us 🙂 .

Anonymous @

*** Spoilery stuff *** spoilery stuff *** spoilery stuff ***

This is from the Odeon website

The action packed adventure reveals that the Doctor has a dangerous past. And he’s coming back!

So it appears* that the HurtDoctor is definitely from the past and not a future incarnation!

* appearances can be deceptive especially bearing in mind that Moffat lies (and the BBC Marketing/Promotions dept probably do too) 🙂

wolfweed @wolfweed

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/john-hurts-doctor-a-theory-based-off-the-50th-trailer-54450.htm

Warning: This theory’s so good you probably don’t have to bother watching TDOTD…
    z

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

AllworkandnoplaymakesJackadullboyallworkandnoplaymakesJackadullboyallworkandnoplaymakesJackadullboy

Hope that worked.

@wolfweed

OK, that is a pretty good theory. But it is dependent on information from a comic version of DW. Really? I just cannot see Moffat constructing a story based on information from a comic and not from something very well known in the Who universe. In fact, being Moffat, I can see him only constructing a theory from information introduced by…Moffat.

Having said that I do like the way that the Hand of Omega is part of the theory. I have always felt that the ideas behind “Remembrance of the Daleks” were potentially good, but ruined by terrible execution (I know there are those out there who stand by that episode. But I am not one of them.)

But…yet…the beauty of  incorporating the Hand of Omega is that it does tie it all back to the beginning.

Hmmm.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@blenkinsopthebrave – But RTD (the Master Hack, who used to love pinching from referencing the comics, audios & novels) has the Time Lords mention ‘The Moment’ in ‘The End of Time’, so the name at least is now TV canon. Moffat is of course at liberty to use ‘The Big Toe of Omega’ or whatever else he fancies as his chosen maguffin…

Timeloop @timeloop

@wolfweed

I didn’t read your link because I don’t want to be disappointed in any case on the 23rd- Funny though that it references ‘The Moment’ as well! That is what I came up with as the big bad secret of the Doctor…. “The doctor has a secret he will take to the grave. It is discovered.” Would mean that ‘The Moment’ is somewhere in that dying TARDIS.
    There is really no other thing that the Doctor knows alone(as far as the viewer knows anyway), I figured. A terrible weapon that got him soaked in blood if he built and used it… And one that the Silence do not want to fall into the wrong hands?? I cannot shake the feeling that Moffat has to address the Silence again… He wrapped up quite a lot in TNOTD so he will continue his tabula rasa in  TDOTD…. right?

@Shazzbot

I knew it is just an envelope, I was reffering to the mysterious content it might hold.

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

Spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers

Allworkandnoplaymakesjackadullboyallworkandnoplaymakesjackadullboyallworkandnoplaymakesjackadullboyallworka

@wolfweed

I re-read the theory a couple of more times and am more and more impressed.

I particularly like the the combination of the Doctor creating the Dalek threat (and therefore the Time War itself) through his progressive encounters with them and the whole idea of amnesia and slowly recovered memory.

Not sure it even needs “The Moment” or the Hand of Omega, but am will to go with those as well.

Damn. When is 23 November going to happen? It seems as if time is slowing down.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@ All

Just a note to let you all know that I’ve fixed the Home page widget so it doesn’t show the first few words of your post on hover.

So no need to worry about the first sentence in the spoilers section anymore.

The only thing to avoid now is not @ mentioning anyone not interested in spoilers.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

Not sure if these are fakes …

z

Anonymous @

@wolfweed–

It’s amazing that you find this stuff. You are like the Julian Assange of TDWF….

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.