Spoilers

Home Forums General Spoilers

This topic contains 932 replies, has 79 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 33 posts - 901 through 933 (of 933 total)
  • Author
    blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@devilishrobby

Like you, I am not sure if discussion of the Master should be here in Spoilers or not, but: who would make a good Master to Capaldi’s Doctor? Particularly since we are being primed to expect a Doctor with a bit of fire and ice. I suspect that Cumberbatch is too busy with Hollywood, but who knows?

If we go with another actor from the Moffat/Gattis troupe, what about Andrew Scott? He could certainly hold his own against Capaldi.

wolfweed @wolfweed

z
    z
    z

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

z
    mugimOe

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

More from last night…
    z
    z
    z
    z

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

Omg has the doctor been taken over by the evil ood in that last picture lol

wolfweed @wolfweed

http://www.combom.co.uk/2014/01/capaldi-smith-coleman-and-other-action.html
    z
    http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/character-2014/

Posting here because links contain silhouettes of future monsters as well as (possibly) the new logo.

Anonymous @

@wolfweed – I quite like the Attack Ship. I suspect it may well be my next CG modelling project 🙂

Ooo…Sontaran Battle Pod…must have!

wolfweed @wolfweed

@fatmaninabox

z

I’d love a full size 3 Dalek version of the toy as featured in TDOTD & TTOTD (see above)…

z

Capaldi today (that’s not his costume btw)

z

wolfweed @wolfweed

More fashion tips from Wee-Willie-Winkie?

z

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/148126275218050816/

dbillington @dbillington

I know there’s already been a couple of comments (#2401, 24034, 24037 & 24038) about the Circus poster seen in the photos from Series 8 filming  so perhaps this has already been noted somewhere.  The same Circus poster shows up a couple of times in “The Crimson Horror” (TCH) from Series 7.  From what I’ve been able to make out, the text in part reads “Come see freaks, ghouls & ghosts perform; Talking dogs, performing rats.”

If its placement is intentional then it might suggest the episode the photos are from is meant to take place in Yorkshire (the setting of TCH), although a circus would move from town to town, so perhaps not.  If it is in Yorkshire, though, it’s possible that it could even occur before the events of TCH.  The circus poster from the photo hasn’t been covered over by any other posters or advertisements, whereas in TCH, it is partially covered (in at least one scene) by a poster for wax museum suggesting that the circus has already came and went.  It’s a stretch and probably nothing more than the set designers using material they already had available…but it’s reappearance is reminiscent of how the “Bad Wolf” meme kept popping up in the background during Series 1.

Anonymous @

@dbillington – nicely spotted (and welcome to the forum).

Ordinarily I’d say it was just a prop they found another use for but this is Doctor Who we’re talking about – nothing is accidental.

In addition to ‘Bad Wolf’, there were also the ‘Vote Saxon’ posters and references that kept cropping up as well.

“Come see freaks, ghouls & ghosts perform; Talking dogs, performing rats.”

It could just be an advert for ‘Victorian Britain’s Got Talent’ 😀

wolfweed @wolfweed

z
    z
    z

z
    z

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

z

ConfusedPolarity @confusedpolarity

@fatmaninabox – sounds better than the most recent “Britain’s Got Talent” to me! 🙂

Seriously, those are some really good pictures from today; the outfit looks great, Peter and Jenna look terrific, and the Doctor’s reaction to being hugged is just priceless (and that’s even without the excellent caption!)

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

Oh yes the outfit looks great, just enough of a nod to the past but with an edge of originality to say this is me for the new doctor. Though I must say on a personal note I would liked to have seen the tartan on Peter :p

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

Part of the new Doctor’s outfit is a (Wedding?) ring on his (Wedding) ring finger…

Also he’s had a haircut since TTOTD…

@wolfweed

Wedding ring, new haircut, new suit….hmmm. Why does the word “River” come to mind?

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@wolfweed Yeah, I noticed the wedding ring from your posts yesterday and thought it a bit weird. But maybe Time Lords wear their wedding rings somewhere else 🙂

Also, I’m afraid to say I’ve had to log in and delete the bmi stuff from a few of your image links in the last couple of days (including the one above) so that they show up properly. Doesn’t bother me at all, but means nobody can see them until I edit the post.

Anonymous @

@blenkinsopthebrave

Exactly what I was thinking. I’m going out on a limb to predict he’ll also have a new, but familiar looking sonic screwdriver.

@fatmaninabox

I’m going out on a limb to predict he’ll also have a new, but familiar looking sonic screwdriver.

That’s a rather short limb, my friend!

You know, I would like them to do something daring, like have the new Doctor reject the whole idea of a sonic screwdriver. Actually, I felt it was becoming a bit over-used, and it would be great if Capaldi’s Doctor could get out of tight spots by the sheer force of his personality, without the aid of a sonic. I am sure they won’t jettison the sonic, but it would certainly give a new dynamic to the Doctor and his methods if they did.

Nick @nick

@wolfweed @blenkinsopthebrave @fatmaninabox @craig

Hi there. The ring is fascinating especially as it doesn’t seem to be in any of the on set pictures before he gets into costume. Rather then wedding ring (wouldn’t that be plain ?) couldn’t it be a reference back to Hartnell who also had a ring as part of his uniform – I (poorly) recall that was dark blue stone though.

Cheers

Nick

wolfweed @wolfweed
    ConfusedPolarity @confusedpolarity

@wolfweed @nick – Given Mr C’s attachment to his wedding ring (it’s  great game watching The Thick Of It to clock its appearance and disappearance throughout the episodes 🙂 ) it’s probably making a virtue of necessity to include some kind of ring anyway! It looks on the picture as if they’ve added a fancier costume piece – it wouldn’t be the first time, and as he is kind of the first Doctor of a new cycle there’s a tenuous link to Hartnell’s original.

As for the Mail’s rumour…. well, there’s a bloke in a topper in a Victorian scene.  Could be as they suggest, but could be something completely different.  It would certainly suggest a change of tone to the Hinchcliffe/Holmes style as a first episode, though.

No bad thing – that was the Doctor Who of my early memories.  Scared the living whatsit out of me, but I still remember it with affection!

wolfweed @wolfweed
    janetteB @janetteb

@wolfweed. That is my favourite kind of spoiler. 😉

Cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

Filming this morning…

z

wolfweed @wolfweed

z
    The Inspector is back!

janetteB @janetteb

Lovely pics. Thanks @wolfweed. I think Moffat has the same view of Dr Who and Victoriana as me. Only about six months to go…

Cheers

Janette

Anonymous @

This thread has now been closed as it was reaching it’s maximum posts limit and has been replaced by Spoilers (2).

Viewing 33 posts - 901 through 933 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.