Spoilers

Home Forums General Spoilers

This topic contains 932 replies, has 79 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 933 total)
  • Author
    Timeloop @timeloop

@Shazzbot I am currently in London and will stay here till September. @ language Thanks, made me proud for a moment. Seems not so impressive though when I read my last post and find an error. Only TL’s can say the are born as they could easily go to their own birth (and support their mothers? – that would be an odd tradition xD) I however was born. Leaves me only with the conclusion that you tried to be kind to my inferior language skills which is much appreciated.  @craig would it be possible to stretch the timeframe for corrections on posts? Half  a day or a day? Most wont need it but it is always annoying if you find mistakes in hindsight.

@Lula You actually made me look at gossip! That would not make me nervous. It is more the fact that he is not confirmed for next year, is he?

@blenkinsopthebrave That would be a masterpiece. They would not wind up all uk viewers like that though, would they? Out of respect they would not… Maybe they are just soft because they dont want to draw more attantion to this embarrassment.

CraigNixon @craignixon

I have no self control and have just read an episode synopsis.

Not gonna give anything anyway, but I ALWAYS do that.

Blah

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@craignixon Please don’t. 😀 Or any indications of whether you think it is good or not. And I’m sure you know this, but just a friendly reminder as I had to tell someone on Saturday, telling someone their bonkers theory is not correct is kinda just as much of a spoiler (for them at least) as actually giving the real plot away. Cheers.

CraigNixon @craignixon

Don’t worry. I won’t.

Kinda disgusted at myself (Especially as I technically should be working!)

ardaraith @ardaraith

Re: series 8 I just saw this from Blogtor Who, “Moffat confirms Series 8. Current showrunner Steven Moffat talked to Digital Spy last night at the BAFTAs and revealed that the next series of Doctor Who is already being written, he said:

“… series eight is absolutely, definitely confirmed. It is real and it’s happening – it’s [taking up] most of my time at the moment.”

Jenna-Louise Coleman has confirmed she also be taking part in the next series though Matt Smith’s involvement still remains a mystery. The pair have already filmed the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special and start shooting on the 2013 Christmas Special in “August or September”.

Anonymous @

@ardaraith — I’ve heard him say this in interviews before but it’s very odd that there’s been no official confirmation from the Beeb yet. Which leads me to suspect that while it might be being written at the moment, we won’t see it on our screens until 2015…

chickenelly @chickenelly

Gawd!  I was just listening to BBC Radio 5 at work, and another version of the trailer I was moaning about on Saturday was played.

Even radio isn’t safe! *shakes fist at BBC marketing team*

CraigNixon @craignixon

AVOID WIKIPEDIA.

Its already been hacked (though now re-edited)

Timeloop @timeloop

The first to fall. Dont be disgusted, it’s only human. Even the Doctor (hahaha even – it’s a fictional character) had a peek at his own death death date.

Dont tell me where not to look >_<

People should be aware that there is a radio trailer with even more of the apparently-but-probably-not spoilerific Clara-isms than the TV trailer.

Anonymous @

heh heh, never mind the leaked episode, it seems the Beeb is more intent on issuing spoilers than anyone else…

Timeloop @timeloop

Everyone now please DONT think of a pink elephant! UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES think of a PINK ELEPHANT!

(If you did not I will get some chocolate to you)

chickenelly @chickenelly

Oh there is a little article about sending out the DVDs too early to pre-orders: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22508502

No spoilers that I can see, other than a picture from the rehearsal for the 50th which most of us have seen.  If not then you’ve been warned…

Perhaps Moffat should set up an Emergency Wikipedia Vandalism Squad to post red herrings and falsehoods just so the spoilers get lost in the crowd…

SatsumaJoe @satsumajoe

@timeloop I’ll have a Wispa!

Just avoid any other sources, they’ll probably have spoilers or hints of where to look for spoilers.

Lula @lula

Y’all might want to keep your radios off for the rest of the week, or at least away from channels that air promos for Doctor Who.  My Tumblr timeline is filled with a lot of anger and disappointment this morning.  A typical post:

Stuff the ‘spoilers’ on tumblr or Americans getting the episode early!  I just heard an advert on the radio for the name of the doctor, which reveals more than anything on here!!!!!

I listen to Radio 1 sometimes (via Sirius/XM satellite radio), but they don’t run commercials…even so, I won’t be tuning to that station this week!  I’ve already been mildly spoiled enough for one week, thankyouverymuch.

Timeloop @timeloop

@satsumajoe If you really mean it tell me how to get it to you. I will buy one right now and stuff it in an envelope. Should it come to you via post or are you more sensitive to your data and I should stick that envelope under a bench somewhere  (with super glue?) at an agreed time and space?[this message will self destruct in 5, 4, 3..]
    And I will buy one for myself, havent tried one before.

Anonymous @

@timeloop – I wasn’t ‘trying to be kind’ about your language skills – everyone makes mistakes when writing comments on the internet!  And I truly meant it when I said your colloquial English is amazing.

(your comment about ‘am born’ vs ‘was born’ with respect to a TL was also very good)

Even back when I could (just barely) hold up my end of a conversation in French, it wasn’t with the fluidity and vocabulary that you use in English.

When you said ‘pink elephant’ I immediately thought of an ordinary grey one with a pink box next to it.  Armchair psychologists, do your worst!

Anonymous @

@bobbingbird & @blenkinsopthebrave  – I just checked BBC iPlayer for this Weds on BBC1 and this is in the 8:00pm timeslot:

Watchdog – Series 31 :
    Episode 3

“Actor Nigel Havers reveals how he was cheated out of money by a rogue lettings agency.”

Now, I love Nigel Havers as much as the next person (and he was so sweet in Sarah Jane Adventures) but surely the Beeb could pre-empt this with TNotD?!

The 9:00pm timeslot is The Apprentice and I doubt they’d shift that.  Although they could get rid of The One Show at 7:00pm (does anyone watch that?).

Sadly, it probably won’t be shown unti Saturday.  And I’m with whoever said that the BBC’s softly-softly approach to the early-release fiasco is probably just stiff upper lip damage limitation.  (But if there is indeed a future story written about the Moffat reign at DW, I imagine the backstage screaming recriminations of this past weekend will be revealed in all their gory glory!)

Timeloop @timeloop

@Shazzbot Well then thank you very much for that, I assure you it is felt. Had english since I was 12 and I believe they start even earlier now. Aspire to reach native speaker level someday.  You dont need french as much as english so you are excused. What an advantage to not need to spend time on languages. (today I learned the phrase stiff upper lip – xD~)

As for the box: was it at least a pink TARDIS?

I agree with @lula about River. Episodes with her are so much more fun. (not sure if she said it here) Harder not to follow spoilers if she is involved.

How do you guys keep yourself from reaching out for spoilers? I mostly just try to forget I am interested. Works for me most of the time. I only remember long after everthing has been released. That tactic is in particular for books though.

OsakaHatter @osakahatter

@timeloop – sorry for the delay, just spotted your question about the 12 regeneration thing.  It was mentioned in Deadly Assassin (and I think that was the first reference but better minds than I can confirm that), which was a fourth doctor story.  There’s also various moments that suggest the TimeLords can control regeneration (for example, they force the regeneration of the 2nd doctor into the 3rd as a punishment and the Master has been given additional regenerations as reward for compliance with the timelords).  So whether that power now rests with the Doctor himself as the last of the timelords, who knows?  Doctor 11 also said in the Sarah Jane Adventures that he could regenerate 507 times, but that’s been generally taken as exaggeration rather than canon.

Timeloop @timeloop

@osakahatter Thanks for that! Maybe they did just say that because they never thought DW would make it so far…

SatsumaJoe @satsumajoe

@timeloop How do you guys keep yourself from reaching out for spoilers?

Erm, well, I just don’t look really. For spoilers or Wispas stuck under benches. Fortunately I find Tumblr really bizarre so don’t use it!

Miapatrick @miapatrick

Didn’t know if I should put this here or in the NiS thread, because I know some people don’t watch the trailers, and

there

is enough spoiling on the internet right now without risking it-

I want River back in the next episode. But I just saw the trailer again on television, and remembered some speculation on  this sight on how she looked rather ‘virtual’ or ghostly, so could she still be uploaded and wondered:

Is that definitely River or could it be the tardis interface? last time sexy projected Clara back at her, which was either a clue or a snide comment, that this was the person Clara most respected/trusted. Could she for some reason, this time, using River? and what would that mean about Clara’s mind/personality/origins?

Timeloop @timeloop

@miapatrick I had the exact same idea. I hope not.

Anonymous @

@timeloop and @ miapatrick

spoily spoilerson

spoily spoilerson

he lives down Spoilery Way…..

It’s been widely reported that we’re going to be seeing a post-Library River, so I think there’s a strong likelihood that we’re just going to see some kind of projection rather than the ‘real’ River.

I kind of hope not too though….

Timeloop @timeloop

Do

not

even

look.

@jimthefish Where has that been reported? Who has reported that? (Non of the people who have already seen it I hope.) HOW can she be post Library!?!? She is in the freaking computer. That means she has learned the Doctors name earlier…. but when?  Strengthens my theory that he told her at the singing towers to make sure he will trust her. Good old brave River.

Anonymous @

@timeloop

spoily spoilerson

spoily spoilerson

he lives down Spoilery Way…..

It was reported in DWM last month. Also in the Radio Times, I believe…

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@timeloop and @jimthefish

I

also

hope not.

But it has sort of been set up.

(A kind of ‘goddess in the machine, but NOT a DEM.)

By the way, given that Moffits offered some extra footage if the final episode isn’t completely spoiled, if it is (I wonder how many people have held out, if this is just one of many little strongholds of desperately grasped at ignorance…) I would like to see instead perhaps a montage of River saying ‘Spoilers’ ending with her crashing into a room (I’m imagining a bedroom with lots of lurid rock posters and dirty plates and laundry) gun in hand shouting ‘SPOILERS’ and opening fire.

Timeloop @timeloop

Do

not

even

look.

@jimthefish What a bless it can be to not even know where to look. I wonder how she learned his name the first time.

Oh and – was it just a passing remark? Or did they give any relevant information?

Lula @lula

OH, HEY–DON’T READ THIS IF YOU HATE SPOILERS.

But then why would you be on the Spoilers page?

So you’ve been warned!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@Timeloophttp://25.media.tumblr.com/d1c47c02a42f3e775d668baa87377eb9/tumblr_mm476hpewz1qhdq7po1_500.jpg

That photo is from Doctor Who Magazine.  The speculation is that the River we see in the finale is some manner of projection–either the Tardis’ voice interface or perhaps a direct connection (for lack of a better description–I’m not science-y!) from the Library’s date core.

And I will not be too happy with that scenario.  I want physical River, for physical reasons.

What?  I’m not the only one thinking it.  Come on.

Anonymous @

@timeloop

nothing spoilery here

It was really just one line and didn’t go into any more detail as such….

Timeloop @timeloop

Do

not

even

look.

Last chance.

@lula we are on the same page with River. I refuse to believe that she is a projection. And I want/demand (! *stomps foot) a propper explanation. I have a feeling this might be the last episode starring River(the character). Though again – I hope not.

Timeloop @timeloop

Do

not

even

look.

You have been warned.

I just had a crazy thought I hope is not correct. IF the theory that we see the TARDIS the first Doctor gets  from the eleventh ….. And River somehow is a projection in that TARDIS … Then she would see all his faces. And she would help him if she could. She would bring him where he needs to be. And she would be his wife again…. Sounds bonkers. But I like everything where River stays in the picture.

@jimthefish @lula what do you think?

Anonymous @

@timeloop

Yes, I like that. I do like the idea that River has been a constant in the Doctor’s life for far longer than we’ve seen. Although that is kind of contradicted by the Doc not knowing her in Silence in the Library. But I’m sure some kind of timey-wimey paradoxical explanation could be found for that…

Mind you, I can’t quite imagine, say, the 2nd Doctor relating to River in quite the same way as the 11th…

Anonymous @

@timeloop

Yes, I like that. I do like the idea that River has been a constant in the Doctor’s life for far longer than we’ve seen. Although that is kind of contradicted by the Doc not knowing her in Silence in the Library. But I’m sure some kind of timey-wimey paradoxical explanation could be found for that…

Mind you, I can’t quite imagine, say, the 2nd Doctor relating to River in quite the same way as the 11th…

HTPBDET @htpbdet

@timeloop         Why do you think it is likely to be River’s final appearance? She has seen more than two faces of the Doctor – that was clear from her outing with Tennant. She can pop up after Smith regenerates no problem.

I dont think she is going to solve anything here – that’s going to be Clara – but the presence of her grave makes it certain in my mind that she will not die!

🙂

Lula @lula

SPOILER-Y SPECULATION AND DISCUSSION

Spoilers!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@timeloop —I have been spoiled for the finale–inadvertently, due to something that was posted online from one of the people who received their 7b Blu-Ray early.   I would not dream of repeating that spoiler here–even on the Spoiler section–so no one need fear me ruining anything.  But what I learned has nothing to do with River, so my spoilery speculation stems from the photo from DWM and the 2 trailers that have been released for The Name of the Doctor.

If the Doctor’s life is in danger and he’s going to Trenzalore, the first person to come to his rescue would be River.  I can see River sacrificing herself (don’t now how that would work out if she’s a projection/still stuck in the Library/whatever) to save him.  There’s been so much fan speculation that River will die in the finale–part of me is afraid that this is true.  BUT…Moffat loves misdirection as much as he loves writing River, so I’m holding out hope that he has more in store for Mrs. Time Lord.

Again, I know nothing about River’s story in The Name of the Doctor–this is just my speculation.  And fears.  And hopes.  And yeah, I dig that character a lot, so I just really have a lot of feelings about her this week.

HTPBDET @htpbdet

@lula           Truly, I think you need not fear. I feel sure that River will survive this week.

I am more interested in what Trenzalore is…all we know is that it is the place where people must speak the truth and the eleventh will fall…but what kind of a place is it?

And why is there a (sure to be fake) tomb of River Song there?

Lula @lula

What @HTPBDET said about seeing River’s “grave”  is precisely what I mean about misdirection.  As soon that was revealed in the trailer, I knew she wouldn’t be really dead.  Because Moffat would never spoil something that big in a “Next Time” trailer.

Plus…she’s already “dead,” right?  Or, in Princess Bride terms, mostly dead.  Unless the Doctor does something timey-wimey (or Moffat retcons her story), we already know River’s end game.

This is how I talk myself out of worrying about River’s fate in The Name of the Doctor.  And then doubt creeps in, I worry she’s going to properly die,  and I realize I’m far too emotionally attached to a fictional character.  Sigh…

Lula @lula

@HTPBDET —watching Doctor Who with an inquisitive 7 year old is very fun.  When my daughter saw Trenzalore (or what we’re assuming is Trenzalore–that glowing-but-dead-looking planet we see Eleventy & Clara looking at in the trailer) and then River’s tombstone, she asked, “Is Trenzalore where Time Lords go to die?  Is that where they’re buried?”

I thought that was a genius thing for her little brain to think of on the spot, whether it’s correct or not.  My husband reminded her that we saw a Time Lord “funeral” in TIA and TWoRS, though.  But I do like the idea that Trenzalore is a place where if truth isn’t spoken, your death is imminent.  And if you die at Trenzalore, I reckon it does become a kind of burial ground.

Okay, now that I think this out, it’s very macabre!  But this season has been getting progressively darker, so…

Oh, and my own personal theory about River’s fake tombstone is that below her name will be engraved, “Hello Sweetie!” in Gallifreyan, along with coordinates so that he can pick her up.  I know, I know…that won’t happen, but it would be a nice bit of levity in what I fear will otherwise be a very dark, emotionally heavy episode.

HTPBDET @htpbdet

@lula          Your 7 year old niece seems very bright to me!

A grave for Time Lords….maybe that is exactly what Trenzalore is. And if it was, I guess that would be a place “you should never go” if you were the Doctor – you should not cross your timeline to find out how you finally die to try and stop it…

I like your niece’s thinking!

Timeloop @timeloop

Do

not

even

look.

Dont you dare

@jimthefish

I thought of a River that fused somewhat with the TARDIS OS – giving clues where he needs to be next.

BTW (This should be fine as we are in Spoilers) I read in the Radio Times that Matt recently said he is commited for the next year?  So that seems to be confirmed.

@htpbdet

Why do you think it is likely to be River’s final appearance? She has seen more than two faces of the Doctor – that was clear from her outing with Tennant. She can pop up after Smith regenerates no problem.

I dont think she is going to solve anything here – that’s going to be Clara – but the presence of her grave makes it certain in my mind that she will not die!

Because I heard SM say a while ago that the story of River Song has been told. She might not die, but maybe have the same fate as Susan ?

@lula sorry it has been spoilt for you! Love the idea that it is some “burial ground” which would make sure no TL wants to set foot there.

Does anyone ->guess<- what the duty is the Doctor spoke about?

Anonymous @

@timeloop

not a spoiler

just speculation

honest

RE. Smith staying. That’s interesting. I must have missed that and I haven’t seen it elsewhere. Of course, in the interests of my Dark Doctor theory, that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to be there as the Doctor though, does it?

Anonymous @

Spoilers.

Almost certainly.

Quite spoilery publicity pics

of Saturday’s episode

are here — if you dare —

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/the-name-of-doctor-promo-pics-spoilers.html

Timeloop @timeloop

Do

not

even

look.

Just out of routine.

@jimthefish I clicked on the page,  saw half a picture and then decided that if I am going to such an extent already I might as well block anything else as well. (other than the 3 videos and the info of River)

It’s on the second page of the report in a photo description of a picture of Matt (top center).

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Discussion of spoilers
    No spolier but minor discussion
    I hope that ‘s enough to take up the activity stream.

@jimthefish I saw those today too. I did think about posting but decided not to, your solution is much better.

I have to say I don’t think they have spoiled too much, just really raised my excitement levels and lead to more bonkers theories, but I can see how others may not speak to you ever again if they saw them before Saturday.

And that’s all I’m going to say.

Spoilerish speculation

Nothing to see here

move along now

GET OUT

I suspect the thing “River” is warning Clara against is giving the Doctor a glimpse of what the universe would be without him – showing him the “Doctor shape hole” (riffing on the Clarence/ It’s A Good Life thing in the NiS thread). So perhaps “dead River” is a River who never quite made it to the library, but was simply an ordinary woman born to an ordinary couple in a small village near Gloucester…

Anonymous @

Discussion of spoilers

No spolier but minor discussion

I hope that ‘s enough to take up the activity stream.

@craig — LOL. Yes, I must admit that I did think twice about posting the link. But the way I see it, you click through on it at your own risk. Agree that they’re not really any more spoilerish than the images for Nightmare in Silver were but they certainly do raise some interesting questions and definitely whet the appetite for Saturday…

ardaraith @ardaraith

spoiler spoiler spoiler

….

spoiler space spoiler

yadda yadda yadda

This interview with JLC really gives away some things (Not directly spoilery, but gives certain..assurances):

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/doctor-who/news/jenna-what-happens-will-change-doctor-who-forever

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.