Website comments (2)

Home Forums General Website comments (2)

This topic contains 704 replies, has 84 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 705 total)
  • Author
    JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@craig — good to hear you got things sorted. And to reiterate, if you ever need contributions for the site you really only have to ask…

Missy @missy

@craig
    Emperor

I think the sentiment is reciprocated Craig.

Cheers,

Missy

ichabod @ichabod

@craig  Thanks!  So glad we’re back on track again.  We all share in the joy, I think.  Happy New Year!

@craig

News seems to have hit its limit…

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

There should hopefully be a new news page up and running as the last one had reached the end of its tether….

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@craig or @jimthefish or @phaseshift

I seem to have a new little friend (robbins) who is very interested in my profile and wants to share pictures with me.

Sadly, I suspect that they may be two-timing me with other members of this forum. 🙁

Anonymous @

@craig someone new called @robbins PMed me and possibly others? asking that I contact them on their private email as they ‘liked my profile.’

I think I’ve been spammed? 🙂

Anonymous @

hey @bluesqueakpip you beat me to it -or your friend liked you more than me 🙁

😈

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@jimthefish @phaseshift @puroandson @bluesqueakpip

Dealt with – thanks for the alert.

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@craig, @bluesqueakpip, @puroandson…

>sigh< and I really thought I’d found ‘the one’ this time….

nerys @nerys

I received the same message. Sadly, not “the one” after all.

winston @winston

@everyone   I don’t even have much of a profile so I wondered why anyone would be that interested. Sadly I was just one of many.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@ everyone also. Just thought I’d drop you a line to explain my absence. I’m still kinda here but haven’t had much time recently to do much on the site. Was in Barcelona a couple of weeks ago, Pittsburgh last week and am back to Pennsylvania, this time Philadelphia, on Saturday. Thankfully my world should calm down after that and we can get back to our retrospectives, and rewatches of BG Who. The only good thing about all this is I’m now a British Airways Gold member so get to use the lounge and sometimes get upgraded. But can’t wait for the end of next week and to be back with all of you.

Anonymous @

@craig

gosh!  you have the jet-setting life. From to Pitts to Philly and in lounges ‘n’ all 🙂

It will be good to have some retrospectives and to have you back with us all. You’ve been missed.

Safe travels home.

@winston @bluesqueakpip @nerys  I know! And she said she liked my profile. And she also wanted to send me some piccies? Did you get that, huh?

No, I kid. Just in case the naughty robbinsss is listening.

We don’t do PMs to people we don’t know Robbins! This is a Who Forum only. No piccies.

Kindest to all.

PuroSolo

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@puroandson Yeah, sounds great, doesn’t it? Sometimes the quiet life is much more appealing. Be back properly soon.

Biggest kindest to you.

winston @winston

@craig    Wow! You have been busy. It will be nice to have you back , happy trails.

Arbutus @arbutus

@winston      I quite seriously thought you said “happy trolls”. And that “you have been busy” was somehow referring to yesterday’s spammer. And it all made sense somehow, for about 10 seconds.  🙂

winston @winston

@arbutus   “Happy trolls to you, until we meet again.”

@craig @jimthefish or any passing mod – we seem to need a new sofa (and a new spoiler room).

@craig @jimthefish @fatmaninabox

dailyboother (no @ for encouragement!)

Spam, spam,spam,spam,

spam,spam,spam,spam,

Didn’t know how to make links live though….

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@pedant Many thanks. Now spammed.

Missy @missy

Phew, thank you. I didn’t know what to do, so just ignored the message.

Cheers,

Missy

Mersey @mersey

@jilso11 known also as Valeria wants to be my friend. I bet she wants to be your friend either. Oh wait, it’s adanna again.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Thanks @mersey have spammed them. I got the same. As usual, to everyone else, do not reply to the lovely lady in the United Nations Army. Is she in UNIT? More likely some prince who also has $1 billion he needs to deposit in your bank account.

Anonymous @

Ah, too bad I didn’t read this first, as it would have saved me some time, but I guessed it was spam, particularly after I clicked on the profile link and discovered there was none! ^^ But thanks for the heads up. 🙂 I shall keep that in mind.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@stitchintime Unfortunately this happens sometimes. It’s not a bot, a real person signs up and then sends these messages out. The only way to stop it would be to turn off the messaging function but the consensus seems to be that it’s a nice function to have, even if spammers sometimes abuse it. Always comment here or email me if you receive something dodgy and I will spam them immediately.

In the past I’ve found out that the same spammers have been posting the same things on forums for Doctors. Think they may have us confused with lonely, rich men who work in hospitals.

nerys @nerys

Ah, I should have known. Another one bites the dust, LOL!

Missy @missy

Thank you Craig.

Cheers,

Missy

Anonymous @

@craig

Think they may have us confused and lonely, rich men who work in hospitals.

Yes, very confused indeed!

Thanks for the information.

I suppose then that you must be the, “terminator,” around here. 😉

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@craig

Miss Tina aka loveuu has sent me (and presumably a bunch of other people here) a message that I suspect none of us wanted in the first place.

What’s bringing them out of the woodwork? The spring weather? The imminent announcement of a new Companion? A desperate attempt to trawl for the odd sucker, who really wants to donate their life savings to allow a Nigerian prince the opportunity to retrieve his inheritance and share it?

Anonymous @

I am an Army…

Fair play. Never dated a whole army before, I’m going for it, wish me luck.

nerys @nerys

Ah, ha! I must be the favorite. Miss Tina/loveuu left me a massage. Apparently @blenkinsopthebrave only got a message.

@nerys

Well, I was trying to be discreet, you understand.

nerys @nerys

@blenkinsopthebrave

I should have known, LOL!

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@blenkinsopthebrave @nerys Many thanks. Have spammed them, as usual.

Anonymous @

I’m definitely not lonely, rich, nor do I work in a hospital. I actually just joined this forum quite recently and straight away got these two weird messages. I’m so glad I read your comments and it’s not a commonplace thing.

If they were messages from someone honest and interesting and discussing the Doctor I wouldn’t have minded!

Missy @missy

@conchobarre

None of us would. Don’t some people give you the pip?

Cheers,

Missy

@craig

This time the unwanted message (not even a typographical error with the promise of a massage this time) comes from aurora. I assume I wasn’t the only one.

You would think that a little bit of background research on this site would lead them to conclude that we are not their prime target audience.

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@blenkinsopthebrave and @craig

Persistent little soul, isn’t she/he?

nerys @nerys

Yup, I too have received another message. (Drat, the massage was so promising!)

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Spammed again, from my phone at 2:30am from Barcelona. Oh how I dislike this. Let’s hope it stops now.

Thanks @craig.

p.s. You’re in Barcelona and you’re complaining?

Mersey @mersey

@craig I turned on silent mode on my phone between 0:00 and 6:00am partly because I got notifications from the site that someone (from different time zone) had mentioned me. No complaints. I love it. But I love to sleep too. It works.

Anonymous @

@blenkinsopthebrave
    “You would think that a little bit of background research on this site would lead them to conclude that we are not their prime target audience.”

Perhaps it is just the computer that is lonely. 😉 Maybe somebody should toss a few programs and some data at it and see if that will shut it up. Or, we could take inspiration for ST DS9 and build a doghouse.

But these names, they are so uninspiring and un-orignial. I could just see them being computer generated.

@craig

And again… Oh joy.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Thanks @pedant Spammed again. @blenkinsopthebrave Loved Barcelona, hate these Romance Scams.

@mersey Thanks for the advice but I was actually just going to bed. Had free tickets to teh hotel’s club so it would have been a shame not to use them. 🙂

@stitchintime They are real people unfortunately. If they were computer bots there would be a way to stop them.

Everyone should heed the advice here: http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fraud-az-romance-scams

Damn! I inadvertently posted my website comment to you, @craig, over on the Fox Inn.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

I’ve asked this before and most were not in favour in the past, but as we’ve had a rash of Romance Scam messages in the last couple of weeks, what do people think about closing the Private Message option for a while.

Please let me know here.

@craig

It would certainly save you from having to constantly come in and spam the spammers, so yes, I am in favour.

Mersey @mersey

@craig @blenkinsopthebrave

I get messages only from these freak bot people so I’m in favour too. It’s so disappointing when I get a notification from the site and it turns out to be one of those messages.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 705 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.