Website comments

Home Forums General Website comments

This topic contains 946 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 947 total)
  • Author
    Magnetite @magnetite

@scaryb

Heh, that’s what I get when I miss a day or two! Great minds…

ScaryB @scaryb

@phaseshift No, just the one to Magnetite, everything else is cool

Anonymous @

@scaryb

Would be great if some of those mentioned above in @phaseshift‘s post could be honest and say how they found their first experiences of it, and any suggestions for improvement.

I’ll be honest, I found it a very daunting experience to begin with. I don’t mean that the members themselves were intimidating, far from it, but the wealth of knowledge on display of all things DW (whether it be BG or AG, TV or book/audio/comic formats) made me wonder how a casual viewer, such as myself*, could hope to compete with all the other voices.

The key moment that made me decide to start posting was the realisation that it isn’t a competition. Whether one is a life-long fan or a recent convert, all opinions of DW are valid/welcomed here, even negative ones (providing you can adequately explain why a particular episode/character/writer/plot point annoys you).

I wonder, sometimes, if new members (or even long-term lurkers) feel that, in order to participate, they have to come up with some suitably ‘bonkers theory’. My message to them would be …

“You can if you want to but no, you don’t ‘have’ to. If you only watch DW for entertainment and don’t think beyond the trailer for the next episode, that’s fine. Start simply by posting a review of your favourite episode or telling us the tale of when you met (insert name of DW related actor/writer etc. here) in the most unlikely of places and before you know it, you’ll soon find yourself theorising along with everyone else. Go on, take the plunge. You know you want to.”

How to improve the site? I think that’s something for greater minds than mine to contemplate. 🙂

So, from initially feeling intimidated, how would I describe my ‘experience’ so far? That’s an easy one to answer, FUN 😀

* OK, to be fair I’m more than a casual viewer but my knowledge base is limited to AG Who. Although I watched it as a kid (Doc3/Jo Grant to Doc4/Leela) for some reason, with the exception of the theme tune, ‘Genesis Of The Daleks’ and vague memories of giant maggots, I can’t remember any of it!

ScaryB @scaryb

Great post @fatmaninabox And delighted you are no longer just a lurker 😉

Hope your RL hassles are getting sorted out.

ScaryB @scaryb

@jimthefish While I thank you for your confidence in me, I fear my WordPress skills are sadly lacking – I’m the one who hasn’t even managed to get her head round multiple-recipient PMs yet, remember! And time is an issue – I either have loads, or none.

Whisht @whisht

I’d agree that @scaryb is someone whose opinion I’d trust (in terms of rudeness and trolling), but also that this shouldn’t mean she should feel obliged.

However I’ll try perhaps a bit harder to intervene if I spot any rudeness, so the mods don’t have to.

And in terms of whether this site is intimidating – luckily I got in before I realised the depth of knowledge people had! I doubt I would have otherwise, as my knowledge of Who sounds a bit like @fatmaninabox ‘s (or perhaps even less!).

I just like the people here and the conversation – its fun, polite and I learn loads about writing and TV (neither of which I do).

So – thanks to everyone for making this a great space!

Magnetite @magnetite

On a different subject, and maybe just for UK viewers, but is it worth putting another countdown on the front page to The Time of The Doctor? 7.30 p.m. Christmas Day, UK time…

Not sure when it’s on elsewhere, although I’d imagine it’s on BBC America on the same day.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@magnetite Thanks for reminding me. Is done now.

ScaryB @scaryb

@craig @magnetite

Oooh. Thanks for the new countdown clock

😀

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Problems with logging in

@ Everyone, you may have had an issue logging in and been taken to a white login screen that suggests you need to have cookies enabled to log in (I certainly have).

You do not need to check your cookie settings, just log in again on the white login screen. That should always work.

Wordpress added an extra security cookie for logging in that has caused this issue on some sites. It doesn’t seem that there is a perfect fix for it at the moment, despite several being suggested. As soon as there is a foolproof fix I will implement it.

If you want to read about it, you can here:
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/cookie-error-when-logging-in

Apologies for the current inconvenience.

Timeloop @timeloop

@craig Don’t apologize for a glitch that isn’t even your fault! And thanks for the information.

@everyone I would very much like to have a place where we could kinda log our correct musings. Now, I don’t know how you feel about that but I would like to have a place where we keep score. A place that is our museum of theories to marvel at at convenience.

Does anyone else care for that?

Timeloop @timeloop

@craig 2 Things if you ever have nothing better to do with your time:

1. Whenever I load a new thread and jump to the last post and want to scroll up, I’m lost in some kind of loop. As soon as I touch the screen again I find myself at the end of the thread. If I get high enough though this does not happen. After a certain point the site lets me prevail. Just some weird issue with the tablet.

2. The tablet does not recognize the “visual” tab as something you could write in.

Don’t bother to fix it when you don’t have enough time on your hands. It’s really nothing pressing.

Anonymous @

@timeloop – I “would care for that”, definitely! a place for correct musings; a museum of theories. Very good.

janetteB @janetteb

@craig. thanks for the info. I did have a minor meltdown when I thought I had been cut off from the site but, being the grumpy type I am, I hit log in twice in sheer vexation and it worked.

Cheers

Janette

ScaryB @scaryb

@timeloop

Re a blog for current theories – that’s cos you’re still basking the glow of having got one right!! Have you SEEN the pile of discarded, discredited theories behind the Sofa?  (not to mention the pile in the alt-dimensional cupboard!).

@janetteb

being the grumpy type I am, I hit log in twice in sheer vexation and it worked

Haha yes, that usually works for me too. Tho it did result in me (and @juniperfish I think) being properly locked out of the site for DAYS (coincided with a host server problem/bot attack)

Timeloop @timeloop

@scaryb That’s right! I GOT IT RIGHT *muhahahaha* Still makes me very, very, very, very happy, if you couldn’t tell. 🙂

It makes keeping score easier though, doesn’t it? Hall of fame of theories that turned out right one way or another. I know you like theorizing as a self-purpose. I would love some kind of outcome.

I imagine the pile looks like the ganger-pile that turned out wrong.

Timeloop @timeloop

Okay I have a time-slot open right now so I can try to respond some of the more serious issues that have been discussed here over the last few weeks.

@JimThe Fish Re cliquey and unwelcoming

I think that might be partly so. I have felt so a bit myself now and then in the past. But I do not think that anyone did it on purpose. I do think that a lot of old members tried to integrate new members wholeheartedly lately.

Re new members – I have no clue if I am considered an old or a new member since most of you have been here longer.

Re looking for mods – My schedule would clear up around February and I would like to experience “the other side” of a forum in general. Nevertheless I don’t think I am mod-material since English is not my first language. So I am in favor of @scaryb. I don’t think you should be discouraged by (a lack of) technical skills. That is always something @craig, @jimthefish or @phaseshift or some of the other mods (are there others?) could teach you during one Skype session.

@craig “Now, anyone want to be a Mod?… Anyone?… Bueller?” What’s a Bueller?

@scaryb All purpose fan site – I agree that there can be no website that everyone can enjoy.
    But I myself have never been part of the guardian readership, nor was I ever interested in being one. I found my way here without the “graunidad” and it won’t be just me. It can be a bit tiresome to be in the minority in terms of age.
    So I don’t think we should try to only appeal to a certain age. As you mentioned on the other thread Doctor Who is for a wide range of people.  I personally don’t think you have to know every word the Doctor ever uttered to take part in theorizing. In contrary, to develop a deep understanding and love for this show you should only invest your time in literacy when you feel like it. It shouldn’t be a chore.

This way you can have both new perspectives and experience at the same time. That would keep a better balance of things.

Re- overuse of ARSE I think the posts you are referring to were a bit troll-ish looking at first. I was annoyed by them myself. I didn’t want to contradict them though. In general I just let them prevail if it is not my cup of tea but I cannot spot obvious mistakes. Not everybody has to agree with me in favor of a bigger diversity of content and pluralism of opinions. A good analogy would be the Doctor in tRoA:
    DOCTOR: The Pyramid of the Rings of Akhaten. It’s a holy site for the Sun Singers of Akhat.
    CLARA: The who of what?
    DOCTOR: Seven worlds orbiting the same star. All of them sharing a belief that life in the universe originated here, on that planet.
    CLARA: All life?
    DOCTOR: In the universe.
    CLARA: Did it?
    DOCTOR: Well, it’s what they believe. It’s a nice story.

Not sure my point came across in the last one…

Re polls- Yes, this site is based on long insightful (?) posts. Yes the overuse of polls would hurt this website more than it would generate benefit. BUT it could involve more lurkers. What about a poll where you can vote for you favorite theory (even if it is your own) as a registered member? You are allowed to change your opinion as often as you wish, but you always have only one voice. This way we could see what the hive mind of this website thinks to be most likely. Mind you, this should not lead to cheating and looking for mayor spoilers.

Cheers,

Timeloop

Whisht @whisht

oops – really sorry but I may be being thought of as spam (or its a quality filter, in which case I’ll try harder).

Was trying to reply to people on the tDoTD thread.

I’ve saved it after it failed to post, so will try again later – mainly saying it here in case its happening to anyone else (and to see if I can post to other threads!*).

* well, that worked so will try again…

… nah must be something to do with that post… ah, too many “@”s methinks…)

Timeloop @timeloop

@whisht Yeah, the program is still learning from the mods. The more mistakes you make the faster it learns ;D

@craig Thanks for clearing my post.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@timeloop

No problem. And Bueller was a reference to these two clips. It’s a joke about no one wanting to put their hand up. But you have! You may well be called on after February. You’d be great. 🙂

Timeloop @timeloop

@craig Yeah, well…. when nobody is stepping up you don’t have much of a choice, do you? Everybody would be great if there is no “competition”. I am sure this space will die down a bit during the long pause, so lets see if you really need me. But I stand by my offer.
    Maybe @scaryb has found some confidence by then. 😛

So mean of you to reference a TV-Show that was shown 4 years before I was even born. Let me give you something to comprehend how much I can not relate to that(inside joke): When the Berlin wall fell, my mother was pregnant with me. They heard the wreckage outside and decided that they could always catch a glimpse tomorrow. In fact – I just noticed – when Doctor Who first started my parents were not even born yet. That is just mind boggling (because they are ooooold as well 😆 )…. And there are people on here that have watched the very first episode? Duuuuuuuuuude! (AmE: off)

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@timeloop (Have tidied up your posts)

I’m mean to reference Ferris Bueller’s Day Off? Sorry, but it’s not a TV show and Ferris Bueller is a worldwide institution! If you haven’t seen it you really need to go away and watch it right now. Like, right this minute young lady, before you go to bed (You may not want to go to work tomorrow though). It’s one of John Hughes’ best (I think it’s his best, much less schmaltz than his others).

I sympathise though. I am suffering from the opposite problem now. I remember watching the wall being knocked down on TV when I was student. It was a “momentous moment” 😀 (as was watching Nelson Mandela walk out of prison – which I was obviously reminded of this week) that will always live with me. One of my friends went to Berlin right afterwards just so he could get a bit of the wall to keep. He still has it. We lived through amazing, and sometimes frightening, times.

These days the kids talk about Grand Theft Auto etc. and I have no idea what they’re on about (I once watched a friend play an early version about 10 years ago).

So sorry if the references are a bit old. It’s because I’m a bit old (is 43 old?). But I’m glad I am. Wouldn’t have missed it for the world.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@craig

is 43 old?

Nah – sounds about perfect to me. (Says Phaseshift, mid-forties).

We lived through amazing, and sometimes frightening, times.

I agree – the 80s were a bit “clinchy” on occasion, when it looked like someone was going to press the wrong button. The less said about 70s dress sense the better (I take it that was what you were referring to by “frightening”). But overall – wouldn’t change it. University with a grant. Real opportunity for social mobility by skill and ability. Advent of computers, and we’ll probably get to pop our clogs before the world goes to hell in a hand-basket.

Sounds ideal to me. 🙂

Anonymous @

@craig and @phaseshift

is 43 old?  :))

My goodness. I’m 46 and my husband’s parents were born in the 1920s!!

Whoa, I feel distinctly old. But I’d agree about the 70s and 80s, at least in Australia: it was a brand new time. Bad bands aside, we had Gough Whitlam who brought medicare and thus free health and we had free education. Thanks to him, I had two Master’s degree and was helped (very kindly) to get a PhD at Yale/with the University of Queensland. Now, we have a nutty prime minister who speaks in mono-words and children saying they can’t do particular courses at university, not because they haven’t the smarts, but because, now, they can’t afford the fees!

A daft world- no wonder I immerse myself in Doctor Who, it brings me back to the 80s when I started to re-watch repeats of Dr Who. There’s a time in one’s life when character is fixed forever – a certain crucial interval. Somewhere in 1985, when I first started university, throngs of us would gather together to watch: a) repeats of Who; b) repeats of Star Trek; c) and fall asleep in front of Wagner’s The Ring Cycle (in order to look pedantic and scholarly).

So many things remain with me from that time -the clothes (no, joshing); the food (definitely) and preferences for books and television in virtual adolescent emulation of the rest of the ‘class’ (music at uni was a small, gregarious group). It’s easy, even now, for me to  remember what their daily routines, which subsequently became my own, were like. There were certain times of the day or night, when the sky seemed to be falling in, to find one friend in the all-night study room and another watching, with popcorn, a repeat of The City of Death.

These seemed like mundane habits but regardless of circumstance, we lived like clockwork with little of the chaos which to me had always been so inherent a part of university life-irregular diet, terrible practise habits and stinky clothes.

AAAAh, rant over

kindest

purofilion

ScaryB @scaryb

@timeloop

There are a number of younger posters on here (well, let’s be honest, most people are as far as I’m concerned!), but honestly I don’t think it matters. There’s always going to be people older than you, and younger. You can’t help when or where you were born, you can only deal with the circumstances you meet.  Together we encompass a wide range of views and perspectives, and it’s all the better for that. Viewers of different ages have different  perspectives on our favourite show and this forum is all the better for it. (Although, sorry, I have to agree with @phaseshift (“clinchy“??! haha – yes they were a bit) and @craig, the 80s were amazing for all sorts of reasons, but particularly politically.  Fashions were mostly even worse than 70s though)

When I said this site span off the Guardian blog, I didn’t mean that it should aim for Graun readers, just that it was set up for a very specific reason – continuing bonkers theorising, with discussions in English language.  Anyone who feels at home doing that is likely to find a comfy place on the sofa here. It’s not about not wanting people who don’t want to theorise, or follow bonkers theories, it’s just that they are less likely to feel at home here/more likely to be bored to the back teeth.   But honestly, it’s not a competition 😉

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

Ah, the Berlin wall and the Inner German border … though I admit I don’t have many childhood memories of East Germany. The ones I do have seem to consist of being violently car sick by the side of the road.

I don’t think it was always the same road; I think I was just going through that stage of being travel-sick that some kids do.

Just to show you how old I am, Germany was still split into East and West when I was old enough to do the Inter-rail student thing of travelling around Europe on trains. The friends I was travelling with wanted to go to Denmark (which was fine) via a train-route through then East Germany (I was not so enthusiastic). We’d just visited Amsterdam (guess why). And one of my friends decided that they wanted to take some of Amsterdam’s most famous product (no, not the beer. The other most famous product) through to Denmark.

Through East Germany.

They were one of those incredibly confident teenagers who are convinced that nothing bad is ever going to happen to them. In the end, I resorted to trying to convince my other (slightly more sensible friend) that, basically, smuggling pot through East Germany was probably the least intelligent plan we could come up with. This was in a holiday which had so far included accidentally wandering into an S&M brothel, thinking it was a bar.

Fortunately I managed to convince them – and rather than them trying to convince my other friend, they took the practical route of simply nicking the pot and then getting rid of it.

I suppose it would’ve been a bit embarrassing if we’d then sailed in our sealed train through East Germany into Denmark … but as things happened, we got the full-scale ‘border guards’ treatment from the East Germans. Police through the train, over-excited Alsatians, luggage searched, the lot.

But when we finally got there, Denmark was very nice. 😉

ScaryB @scaryb

@bluesqueakpip

😯

Haha.

Well if you’re going to get the full border guards search, it’s infinitely better if it happens when you’re “clean” (And at least you’d have the benefit of saying “I told you so” and NOT from the inside of an East German prison cell)

Juniperfish @juniperfish

Nice work @craig on spam clean-up as usual – we were at 1000 members earlier I saw, but some with “bot” names 🙂 Thank you for site house-work.

@bluesqueakpip Yikes, that was a lucky escape. I got stuck in Budapest with a friend probably around the same era. and also as part of an inter-railing trip, on a Sunday with no money and all we could afford was a large white raw cabbage and a tube of mayonnaise. Not quite as dramatic a story there, lol 🙂 But it felt like it at the time!

Whisht @whisht

ah – inter-railing…

reminiscences over in the pub methinks…..

Anonymous @

@craig

is 43 old?

Sorry to be cruel but, yes it is 🙂 But not as old as 46, which I’ll be on Wednesday (virtual prezzies from everyone gratefully accepted 😉 )

@scaryb – yes, the 80’s were wonderful times but there were downsides as well…

Stock, Aitken and Waterman!

ScaryB @scaryb

Ahem! @craig @phaseshift @jimthefish

According to the countdown clock we’re nearly into the last fortnight (EVER!) of Matt’s run and we still have a (albeit fab) John Hurt avatar on the home page! 🙄

As we have 2 great new MS images posted this week, from @jimthefish and @wolfweed, can I suggest we use them both, 1 week each?

If we want to get other people to submit artwork, how about putting a note to that effect next to the avatar? (or as a roll over?)

(And just repeating my request for @jimthefish‘s cute 3D Daleks for Jan? Pretty please?  🙂 )

ScaryB @scaryb

@Fat|ManInABox

You’re lucky you’re getting any pressies at all after your SAW comment!!

😉

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@scaryb That was down to me. I was supposed to do it last weekend but ended up being rather busy.

Have rectified it now with @wolfweed ‘s pic.

ScaryB @scaryb

@craig

You’re not supposed to have a life when you’re the Emperor! (Glad you do though 😉 )

But there again… @wolfweed didn’t post his pic till this week, so you’d have missed it by being too early…

::thinks: need more caffeine, that’ll sort out the thought processes – tenses in last sentence have me confused… look what it does for @rob‘s thought processes 😆 ::

Anonymous @

@jimthefish

@phaseshift

I’m fairly certain that I posted a reply to EnglishmaninNC but it doesn’t appear on the forum.  I’ve seen a few comments on this thread about people’s posts being held in Spam.  Did that happen to me?  (if so, I’m thrilled to join the club, sort of  🙂 )

If not, I’ll repost it but as a new commenter I don’t want to annoy people with multiple duplicate posts if it should appear soon anyway.  Is there a ‘held’ time limit for posts from new signups?  I’ve set up a fair few websites myself so I know it could be simply that I’ve posted too many times in too short a time period as a new signup.

Thank you

Marty

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@MartyB I’m afraid you did end up in the spam club. I’ve released it.

Unfortunately I don’t have much control over the settings but I’m working on it. Glad you understand.

Craig

Anonymous @

@craig

Thank you for doing that.   It’s not like that comment was literature, so I feel bad making a fuss about it.

There is a ‘Help’ option in the main menu bar which I have accessed before.  But today when I went there to see if the Spam Club (‘first rule of Spam Club is … ‘ 🙂 ) problem was mentioned, I get a 404 error.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@MartyB Absolutely no problem at all. We have a small problem of the spam filter blocking posts that link to the site. I’m trying to find a fix for that.

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the Help page. Is fixed now (I think).

Craig

Rob @rob

@fatmaninabox

Happy birthday whippersnapper 🙂

@scaryb

Coffee,  coffee did someone say coffee,  strong, loads of moo juice please

And now for something completely different

A serious point regarding moderation. These are my opinions and not necessarily correct 🙂

Long theories should be posted in a blog, not on the boards as a wall of text is hard to read and awkward to argue or agree with succinctly

New posters who start off trollish are in fact almost certainly trolls and should be squished toot sweet ( courtesy of  CCBB )

Communication through the written word is easily misconstrued and good manners become elevated in this context

This site is fantastic and I thank those that help keep it that way

Now who mentioned coffee?

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@rob

I completely agree. Regarding long theories, I’m assuming you’re referring to the posts by @denvaldron that caused a bit of an issue recently?

I made DenValdron a blog author several months ago, but I can’t force him to post a blog. I guess there may be something seemingly more transient about a forum post? A blog may seem more permanent for some reason (both are really just as permanent). It’s difficult to turn a forum post into a blog without the author doing it themselves (it can be done but it’s a pain – the CMS doesn’t allow it so I have to edit the database in several places).

He isn’t a troll, and has written widely on the internet about other sci-fi and fantasy topics. You can easily look him up. He’s even written whole novels which are freely available.

PhaseShift had a word with him, and copied me in. We certainly wouldn’t want to ban him as his ideas are completely bonkers (just what we want) and also very interesting and well thought out. I look forward to more of his thoughts, but hopefully next time they’ll be as blogs.

As for the rest, completely agree. It’s sometimes a bit difficult to judge if someone is starting off trolling or if they are just young, stupid, or both. A first post along the lines of “How can there be three Doctors in one place, can someone explain?” could be on-topic trolling, or just a 12 year old really wanting to know.

I wouldn’t want to put the 12 year old off, although this is perhaps not the site for them, but I also wouldn’t want to spend half an hour feeding a troll.

We try our best. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes not, but on balance I think we do okay, and a lot of the new members have turned out to be, in the parlance of 9, “Fantastic”!

And, of course, a very Happy Birthday to @fatmaninabox , who has gone from tentative posting to being one of our regulars. Thanks for the continuing contributions.

Rob @rob

@craig

I didn’t mean to imply that DenValdron was trolling, infact I’ll state categorically that is not the case. I have read his postings on another web forum and learnt from them.

I think that you and the mods do a terrific job in keeping the site bonkers full and trouble free, my post was supposed to be supportive with a personal point of view…. that’s the trouble with written rotten text, very hard to get inflection in, even with smilies 🙂

Anonymous @

@craig – regarding a post made at 05:27 ‘On The Sofa’, is it worth mentioning on the Etiquette page (or even the Home page) that this isn’t a file-sharing site?

Anonymous @

@craig

I’m sorry, I’ve done it again.  I linked to something else on the forum in a post in The Big Bang episode thread, and I believe that post has gone to Spam Club.  Can you please release it?

Thanks

Marty

ScaryB @scaryb

@rob

This site is fantastic and I thank those that help keep it that way

Completely agree, and I hope you’re including yourself in that. All the different voices add to our little (but rapidly expanding – 900+ !!!) family.

::throws triple espresso to @rob::

@craig

Hi fives 😉

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@rob Don’t worry, I didn’t think you were implying he was a troll. I’m still smarting a bit from the reaction some members took to him, which is why I mentioned it. I was really replying to everyone, not just you. I do completely agree with you.

We’ve had an interesting couple of weeks as Mods, and my personal life has been a bit difficult recently too, so apologies if I came across as a bit tetchy. As you say, “very hard to get inflection in”. Thanks so much for the support, and your great contributions.

@fatmaninabox I think that’s a good idea, and thanks so much for replying as you did.

@scaryb Fives back 😀

Rob @rob

@craig even Emperor’s have lives 😀

Hope the right equilibrium is achieved soon

@scaryb a triple espresso wow thankyou 😀

Anonymous @

@craig

I might be the only person who looks at the ‘Help’ tab in the main menu.  But I’ve noticed that @fatmaninabox has been annointed with Moderator status, and he doesn’t appear at the end of the Help page list of Mods.

@fatmaninabox

Terribly sorry old chap if you didn’t want to be burdened with rescuing our piss-poor comments from Spam Club.  😀

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@MartyB and @fatmaninabox

I’ve rectified that. Thanks for keeping me on my toes 😉

OsakaHatter @osakahatter

@craig – hope you’re well.  Having been limited to -at most – once daily lurking of late, I’ve been more reliant than normal on the Activity feed.  Not sure if you’ve ever noticed, but sometimes when you click ‘Load More’ it loads entries from above the point that you’re at, so you’ll have a message from say 9 hours ago, press load more, and then the next message that appears is only from 2 hours ago.  It always occurs on my mobile, but has happened on desktop as well (although I couldn’t replicate this afternoon).  It seems to be when you get to the 2nd or 3rd load more it starts getting confused.

Not in any way a biggy or any kind of priority, just thought I’d let you know.  I’m trying to catch up with the forums and blogs directly anyway which avoids the issue.

All the best, OH

Anonymous @

@craig @phaseshift @jimthefish @fatmaninabox

Being a part time web designer myself, I’m probably one of the few new signups to have actually read the Website Comments thread (and read the Etiquette and Help tabs on the main menu).

The ‘On the sofa’ thread is getting close to the 1000 comment limit, just wanted to point that out before it goes haywire again.  Surely anyone with Moderator status (love the Time Lord and Emperor changes by the way) can do this?

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 947 total)

The topic ‘Website comments’ is closed to new replies.