General thread – fan creativity

Home Forums Fan creativity General thread – fan creativity

This topic contains 1,012 replies, has 280 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    toinfinityandbepond @toinfinityandbepond

@fatmaninabox

CGI daleks are cool

EnglishmaninNC @englishmaninnc

@fatmaninabox

Nice!  I am working on a Dalek embroidery design for the wife’s pillows right now.      You’ve inspired me to crack on with it.

Anonymous @

@tennantmarsters2013 – nice avatar 🙂

Anonymous @

@toinfinityandbepond @englishmaninnc

Thank you – I’ll take that as a ‘yes, they’re visible’ 🙂 Look forward to seeing the new pillows (I may even treat myself to a couple) 🙂

Anonymous @

@fatmaninabox — re. CGI Daleks. Very nice work. What did you use, if you don’t mind me asking?

Anonymous @

Cheers @jimthefish

I use a couple of modelling programs that I’ve had for donkey’s years.

The model was created in MilkShape3D. It’s a pretty basic bit of kit and doesn’t have any rendering capabilities but it’s the easiest modeller that I’ve used and is reasonably priced (£20 a few years ago).  You can import/export .obj .lwo .3ds formats as well as meshes from a number of games. I bought it to makes custom characters for the original version of’ ‘The Sims’ !

The rendering was done in Anim8tor which is freeware. It’s not bad for rendering but I find it awkward for modelling.

I also have Blender (not to be confused with Blendr), another freeware package, but it’s very complicated. It took me a couple of weeks just to figure out how to import files 🙂

Textures are created in Photoshop although my Dalek doesn’t use any apart from the insignia under the eye-stalk.

Anonymous @

@thommck

Really love those images from tumblr. 🙂

That’s a nice little touch on the ‘Twelve Doctor’s of Christmas’, 11 passing drumsticks to 12, handing on the baton, so to speak.

Tennantmarsters2013 @tennantmarsters2013

@fatmaninabox

thanking you kindly sir! What story does the image tell you?

@englishmaninnc

please please please post a picture when they are done I’d love to see them! 😀

Anonymous @

@fatmaninabox — yeah, Blender has got what’s probably a needlessly complicated interface but it’s a surprisingly powerful program considering it’s free. Don’t know the others. Tend to use 3DS Max for my modelling with the occasional bit of Maya thrown in. It’s one of my New Year resolutions to sit down and have a proper go with Mudbox though….

Anonymous @

@jimthefish

3DS Max = £3,300 😯 I’d have to sell my granny for that, which would still leave me 3 grand short 🙂

Ameliam @ameliam

Myself, family and friends have almost finished our own tribute to Dr Who and it is a story for between 10 and 11.  It is shaping up to be really good and we have just posted a teaser trailer, comments would be very welcome!!!!

(sorry but my link button doesn’t seem to work!

curvedspace @curvedspace

Saw this over on the Doctor Who tumblr: it’s apparently Thank You, Matt Smith in Circular Gallifreyan.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@FatManInABox- I can see your lovely Daleks & even the tea in the teacup. Thanks for sharing!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/cdec5efa82f4999f03babb08093fbc28/tumblr_mxvuue5Wcn1rtilaro1_500.jpg

hastheworldgonesane    tumblr

myawho @myawho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Hb9lF_eqY

Here is a drawing I made of Matt Smith!

the drawing took roughly 28 hours.

I used graphite on smooth bristol paper.

size 9inches x 11inches.

I dedicate this to Matt because I am very much not ready for the death of my favorite doctor, especially on Christmas. Please share! i’m in need of some exposure. Thank you 🙂

Anonymous @

@myawho – consider yourself exposed 😀

A lot of fantastic artwork on your deviantart page. My favourites are ‘Frodo Of The Shire’, ‘Aragorn’, ‘Stormtrooper’, ‘Matt Smith Portrait’, and ‘Dalek for President’ (I like Daleks, Daleks are cool 😉 )

@wolfweed – I must confess that I forgot to do the ‘tea’ on the model (which has since been rectified). It was done on Photoshop using the bevel/emboss filter with the highlight’s opacity set at 0%. The glowing eye was also done using PS. Love the Mittens, must get a pair and perhaps a matching scarf 🙂

@curvedspace – nice Gallifrayan text. There’s a guide on how to do it here. I’ve been putting of learning it for too long, your post has jolted me into studying it properly 🙂

wolfweed @wolfweed

@myawho – Great video – Great drawing!

z

JULIA LEPETIT

http://www.dorkly.com/comic/57621/the-12-days-of-doctor-who

(roll cursor over images)

Anonymous @

@fatmaninabox — yes, Max is not what you’d call cheap. But still a kick-ass bit of kit.

And there are, ahem, other ways… (not that I’d advocate them in the slightest…..)

Anonymous @

A Doctor Who/Hitch-hikers hybrid

Anonymous @

@jimthefish

And there are, ahem, other ways…

I’m not entirely sure I know what you mean.  <exits room, whistling innocently>

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Craig @craig
    Emperor

@wolfweed I had to remove the bmi stuff from your link to the X year itch pic. But frankly I’m sorry I did. I’m going to have nightmares 😀

wolfweed @wolfweed

Cheers, @craig.

I wonder – Could this often ‘shipped’ couple’s relationship be the reason Smith’s Dr accidentally married Marilyn Monroe?

(‘Oh, sorry, dear – I thought you were a hairy-arsed Highlander…’)

Tech Two @tech-two

Hi Everyone,

My friends and I just made this Doctor Who fan video.  We spent two months on it and worked hard to get it out in time for the Christmas Special. Let us know what you think 🙂  http://youtu.be/u5_PB0kn0c8

SPOILER WARNING added by Craig: This is an adaptation of Moffat’s 12th Doctor Regeneration Audition Script, which may or may not be in The Time of the Doctor. Watch at your own risk.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by  Craig. Reason: Spoiler warning added
    wolfweed @wolfweed

z

A mug…

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Ketari @ketari

Dr Who magnet now available from Shipper Haven eBay Page.

More designs will come in the new year. You can also send in requests.

Other shows available:
    Games of Thrones
    Stargate SG-1
    Castle
    Rizzoli and Isles
    Xena: Warrior Princess

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    Kittenlovee @kittenlovee

Doctor Who Coasters! was thinking about making more!!!! (different ones advice?)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/170992077/doctor-who-coasters-made-out-of-perler?ref=shop_home_active

thommck @thommck

I love the disclaimer at the bottom of this strip from nebezial.deviantart.com

Doctor Batman

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    Debs @debs

The Infinite Supper, by David Carr at: http://www.artmonkeyworld.com/

😀

miss @miss

Heya guys! I made Dr Who Converse – hope you like it ! x

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

I’m appealing (no – really)

Have a scintilla of artistic merit? Know how to use a graphic manipulation package? Anytbody? We’ve had a request to change the front page image periodically and, as we are about to launch new retrospectives it may be fun to ask people to contribute images based on the stories we’re going to show. So to give people some time to think here are a couple of clear favourites if anyone wants to consider them:

1st Doctor – The Time Meddler
    2nd Doctor – The Mind Robber
    3, 4 and 5 have no clear winner, so we’ll recanvass opinion later.
    6th Doctor – Vengeance on Varos
    7th Doctor – Curse of Fenric.

Your help will avoid us having to use my own contributions. I mean, you wouldn’t want to stare at these for 4-5 weeks would you. 😉

So art, characters, cartoons, whatever you want to do. Over to you.

Brewski @brewski

An insane (and now obsolete) timeline for the Impossible Girl.
    Sorry, this theory was already shattered by TNotD.  But I couldn’t resist posting it.
    1 The First Doctor and his wife find themselves having to care for their granddaughter.
    2 (What happened to their child is not part of this idea, but a good topic for another day)
    3 The Doctor wants to name her Lily, but his wife adamantly refuses and finally agrees to “Susan” which means “Lily”.
    4 The wife becomes aware that the Great Intelligence has plans to kidnap Susan.  She can’t explain it, and the Doctor knows nothing of this.  But she convinces him to steal a TARDIS and spirit Susan away (deliberately pointing him to one with a broken navigation circuit to make tracking them harder.)
    5 The wife goes into hiding
    6 At the onset of the Time War, the wife risks coming out of hiding to find Susan.  She must protect her from the destruction of all Time Lords by hiding her with a Chameleon Watch.
    7 Susan becomes “Clara” who feels she was “born behind the face of Big Ben”, which she would if he perspective was the Chameleon Watch face!
    8 When(ever) Clara dies, regeneration occurs, but in a different way because of the Chameleon Watch.  She re-forms as the same person in another time and place.  The universe brings together all the right elements at the exact right place and time, like a leaf blowing off a tree at precisely the right moment.
    9 When the Doctor’s wife came out of hiding, she reunited with the Doctor to help him fight the Time War.  Their solution was that she would remain on Gallifrey while he applied the Time Lock.  Only they knew the vocal key to the Lock: The Doctor’s Name.
    10 When Rassilon attempts to circumvent the Time Lock, the Doctor’s wife attempts to send a message via Wilf.  Later, the Doctor sees her and she is able to communicate wordlessly with him how to prevent the Time Lords from returning.
    11 Later, the Doctor becomes aware that the Great Intelligence, who has pursued him several times, is actually after Clara and so discovers her secret.  He restores her to being Susan.  (Clara sometimes misplaced her Watch which she called her “mojo”.)
    12 Susan immediately understands her mission: to free River Song from the Library by giving her one of her regenerations.
    13 River regenerates into a form the Doctor knows now.  But didn’t know when he first met her.  After all, River’s future is the Doctor’s past.  River goes on (or rather back) to be what she always was: the Doctor’s wife. The First Doctor.  Susan’s Gran.  (Whom Clara mentioned having lost.)
    14 The First Doctor and his wife find themselves having to care for their granddaughter.
    15 The Doctor wants to name her Lily, but his wife adamantly refuses and finally agrees to “Susan” because she really couldn’t stand the idea of her granddaughter being “Lily Pond”.

Anonymous @

This doesn’t really fall into the category of fan creativity but it is creative and has an element of time travel (sort of).

http://www.viralnova.com/time-traveling-photographer/

@brewski – you are absolutely blinking flip bonkers. More please 😀

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Anonymous @

A couple of pics of my latest CG Dalek. The New Paradigm Daleks are hated so much that a few members of the Project Dalek Forum (including Mechmaster) redesigned it and christened it the ‘True Paradigm Dalek’.

It’s now roughly the height a Dalek should be and it’s lost it’s ‘hunchback’. If the BBC were to replace the NPD’s with these guys, I’d be a happy bunny 🙂

I thought having an organic eye ‘humanised’ them too much so my version has gone back to the cold, lifeless blue light.

thommck @thommck

@fatmaninabox These look great, I’m glad you’ve lost the hump, that really did look awful in the show. I also love the shadow on the bottom picture. The only thing that looks a bit odd is the “neck” area i.e. it looks like if you press down the head, ketchup might be dispensed from the ray gun! 😛

thommck @thommck

Not exclusively DOctor Who but I thought it might be appreciated here!
    The B.B.C. (Best British Cats)
    BBC

Anonymous @

@thommck

The only thing that looks a bit odd is the “neck” area i.e. it looks like if you press down the head, ketchup might be dispensed from the ray gun! 😛

After the hunchback, the biggest problem that my Dalek building buddies and I had with the NPDs was that they were so drastically out of proportion. Although the PDF redesign is a vast improvement, it still suffers from that problem. The skirt and fender are bigger than the New Series Dalek but the shoulders, neck and dome are smaller. And the blaster’s so big I’m surprised it doesn’t topple over due to the weight 😀

I’m working on the Peter Cushing movie version at the moment but if I get a chance I may make a few tweaks to get it looking less bottom heavy.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@phaseshift – I think your ‘retrospectives’ graphics contributions are great and should be used.
    The more versions submitted by different people, the more the images can be swapped over the weeks.

Here’s a quick Fenric image I’ve done. I’m interested to see other peoples’ take on Fenric & the other stories…
    z

@fatmaninabox – Nice nip & tuck on that ‘Cherry Coke’ Dalek…

Anonymous @

Hi everyone.

I have designed a LEGO Dalek. I am now selling it on ebay if you would like to have a look.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191039059612

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 1,013 total)

The topic ‘General thread – fan creativity’ is closed to new replies.