On The Sofa (4)

Home Forums General On The Sofa (4)

This topic contains 948 replies, has 86 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 949 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

@arbutus and @devilishrobby @scaryb  (thank you for the kind words) indeed I liked  The Trial myself -although on other forums the vitriol was repugnant and I thought ‘leave here’ immediately. Whilst I have issues with the way it seemed to have been written, I liked the moment of regeneration into Colin Baker Doc: bit different from previous regens? Colin Baker reminds me of the MI5 Head in the BBC drama, Spooks!

As for snow,  it’s really hard to imagine living like that. I remember Prague in Winter and the States (for a little while) and whilst there was snow in the distance, the cities were clear. I recall one morning in Prague wearing a light woollen suit with slip on shoes and minimal  (eeerm) undergarments and wondering why, within, five mins, I was gonna die! The suit was a perfect outfit for Winter in Brisbane -in fact as it’s often 26 degrees Cels by noon, two outfits are usually required! The thought of schools closing, snow ploughs and even…indoor heating…doesn’t cross the mind. About  2 weeks ago, our hot water tank seized up and whilst the gas stove is working we haven’t bothered with refilling the gas tank as the problem here is keeping the showers as cold as possible! It’s not uncommon for tenants to buy 4 kg of ice and tip it in the bath. Cheaper than a pool. Although the TARDIS has one…Imagine an adventure travelling by ‘car’ ‘under’ New New York (Martha) & coming back for a dip in pool??  When was the first time a pool in the TARDIS was mentioned? I’ll have to Google that one. Kindest, Purofilion

Monochrome Dimension @monochromedimension

@arbutus – Colin Baker is another actor I’d love to meet at a convention, now if only I could find a convention close by that both he and Sylvester McCoy will be at; it would be great to get both their autographs.

Oh and @scaryb I forgot to mention your mentioning (ahhhhhhhh! grammar!!!!) of the Eleventh Doctor and Carmen, he can obviously play the Triangle! Thanks for reminding me… unless, he was actually in another incarnation on that recording… who knows.

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@phaseshift – welcome back, btw, though I’m sorry your absence was due to flood damage assessment.

As Craig says, we’re now onto Episode 5 of Quatermass. Your input would be gratefully received. 😀

ZoobyDow @zoobydow

Despite what anyone says… I’d have really loved to have seen an entire season of Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor.

*sigh*

Back to Tennant it is.

FaeGrl @faegrl

@monochromedimension – Yes, that’s true, Daleks have not exterminated anyone in a long while in the new Who, however there’s always the worry that they might! Anyway, yes I will be starting with the seventh really soon and I’ll let you know what I think of him. 🙂

As for the convention here, I did look it up… and I’m not sure if I want to go or not. It’s a bit expensive ($60 for early tickets, $75 for at-door fee) and the guests are companions that I haven’t gotten to know yet from the old episodes and authors who wrote a Doctor Who book. I guess it would be nice to meet fellow Whovians in the area, however that price… eh.

@scaryb – Yes, the Doctor tends to name-drop musical talent, although only a few Doctors actually prove it. Not that I’m doubting the Doctor! However, besides the few Doctors who actually played instruments on the show, I have no clue how far the Doctor’s musical talents reach. For all we know, he could be a master at every instrument within a orchestra. Somehow… that wouldn’t surprise me if that were true. 😉

@arbutus – Yes, that’s true! The standard for the northern states to close public schools is two feet of snow. As a teen in my old city, I would always hope for two feet of snow, because otherwise I had to walk to school in one and a half feet, while in my school uniform… which was a skirt! Yikes! And sometime I had to just mush to school in the snow that way. My school was very mean about this, if you didn’t wear the uniform you got detention. They allowed the girls to come in wearing pants, but you had exactly five minutes to change into the uniform, before the first bell. And if you were late to class, you earned detention. The bathrooms would be too full of girls rushing to change into their skirts and I would wind up late to class by the time I was able to get in there to change. I got detention too many times for being late, so I began wearing my uniform through the snow. And I was often sick, come to think of it. Yes, high-school sucked! LOL!

Back to topic… I read about the previous DW conventions in Minnesota and it sounds awesome! The one this year seems like, “eh… I don’t know.” If Colin Baker or any of the Doctors were there, I would definitely pay the fee and show up. I was I was born earlier! 😛

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@scaryb @craig @bluesqueakpip

Many thanks for the welcome back. I’m just realising how much activity on the site I’ve got to catch up on. It’s quite disconcerting to have a five week black hole in my personal memory bank of what’s being discussed.

I’m currently trying to subdue my workgear (which has achieved a state of malevolent sentience) to get it into the washing machine. I fully intend to relax later and catch up on the Quatermass showing. A great serial to cover. I’ll probably be caught up by the time we reach the end episode. 😀

I may have to have a bit of a rant about a couple of aspects of the flood issue at some point to get it of my chest. I’ll wait and put it on the Rose and Crown after this latest tranche of work finishes later this week, as it concerns everyone’s “favourite” sontaran look-alike, Eric Pickles.

Anonymous @

Welcome back @phaseshift

And can I just say that your comparison of Pickles to the glorious visage of the mighty Sontaran Empire is a cruel and unjust slight upon their fair and noble countenance….

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@jimthefish

Cheers! Have you settled fully back into the rhythm of being back in Scotland? I think things were a bit chaotic last time I was around.

Yes, I’d like to apologise to Sontarans everywhere for that comparison. It’s really below the belt.

@faegrl – Are you starting from the beginning of his serials and viewing in a linear fashion? I think you mentioned you’ve watched a couple of the Seventh Doctor’s serials before, which ones were they?

@zoobydow – I second the notion about McGann needing a season or two as the Doctor.

ZoobyDow @zoobydow

@jimthefish …I think a comparison of Sontarans everywhere wouldn’t mind a comparison to pickles, considering that the age-old likening to potatoes might be slightly overused.
    (Or, perhaps I haven’t had dinner yet…)

SONTAR-HA!

FaeGrl @faegrl

@monochromedimension – I’m am going to watch the serials in a linear fashion, because it’s just easier that way for me. I’ll start with the first episode now, right after this post. Sorry, I keep saying I will watch it and then get distracted. Today it was AmazingPhil on Youtube (I have a fangirl crush on him…ahem). Anyway, I only saw one episode of the Seventh. It was one where it had the actor Joseph Marcell, who played as Geoffrey The Butler on a show called “The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air”. I was curious to see the episode and watched the whole thing, some years back. I liked the Seventh doctor and gleamed that he would be a lot of fun in general. However, I want to check out his other serials to be sure. I’ll do that now. 🙂

Anonymous @

Hello, I am well.. The Mystical Cowboy and I’m new.

So, hi! I hope to stay active and have fun. I hope I didn’t miss the introduction section of this place!

FaeGrl @faegrl

@MysticalCowboy – Hello and welcome. I love your screen-handle, by the way. 🙂

I think is the spot for introductions, so don’t worry. I’m also “new”, almost two weeks here, I think. Anyway, this forum is a lot of fun and I’m sure you’ll find it here.

Anonymous @

@phaseshift — all settled now thanks. Though why is there always one box that refuses to become unpacked? Looking forward to your Quatermass thoughts….

@faegrl – Oh yep, I know which serial you mean. And its actually a good idea to watch them in a linear fashion, as then you experience his manipulative side emerging… personally I think it is there in his first season, just not as much… and hardly at all in his first serial… but that is post-regeneration. Anyhow, interested to know what your opinions are!

d12345 @d12345

i highly recomend new hbo series- true detective. fantastic show.doctor who sucks,it has been boring for quite a long time now,so i recomend you see what a real quality series looks like-true detective. kill some time before your boring doctor comes back

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

@d12345 if you don’t like who why bother to post here this is a site for who fans to discuss all things who and whilst I respect your opinion to not like the show your attitude disrespects our right to like the show

@d12345 – I suggest you take a look at the ‘Etiquette’ page, under ‘Trolling and derogatory comments’.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@d12345 Hello my old friend! I, too, have been watching True Detective and can’t rate it highly enough. So far it’s been fantastic, fantastic TV. But I like Doctor Who too, as you know, and don’t find it boring. I’m sorry you think it is now as I know you have affection for the show itself, just not recently.

Have faith my friend. I think the new series will be different. New Doctor, new writers and new, cinematic directors. That’s the beauty of the show. It can change from show to show, season to season, and Doctor to Doctor. I, for one, can’t wait.

d12345 @d12345

@craig ,you have always known how to talk with me,others dont quite understand my dark humor.yes true detecive is  truly fantastic,mm acting really surprised my in a positive way.brilliant series.i do hope doctor who will go back to season 4 ,5 quality so i can enjoy it agan,but im pesimistic,50-th ruined it for me.just wanted to say hello,and good luck everbody what ever you are doing in your lifes right now

Anonymous @

The show has changed since season six. I did like the older seasons better, but hey, I have good hope for the new doctor! I still like the show and will continue watching it. I sat down and watched a lot with no breaks.

Also, how do I do the @(name)? Any command or just that?
    Can someone refer me to a ‘Introduction’ guide? That would be great.

@mysticalcowboy – Its just @ and then their username without any spaces. Of course, that name can sometimes be different to their current on show username… the best bet is to copy-paste it from a member’s profile page. Oh and welcome!

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Hi @MysticalCowboy welcome to the site.

Doing the @ thing is automatic. Just type it as it is and the site will (or at least should) do the rest, and the person you are responding to will get an email saying they’ve been mentioned.

The one thing you have to be wary of is that some people change their username, and it only works with the name they signed up with. For example, Monochrome Dimension (above) has put a space in their name, but that won’t work with the @ thing as when they signed up there was no space.

To be sure to get it right you can hover over their username and see what the end of the link is. In their case the full url is http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/monochromedimension/ so their @ name is @monochromedimension – it is not case sensitive so will also work with @monochromedimension

And sorry for using you as an example MD, you were the nearest to hand.

As for a guide we do have a “Help” page in the main navigation, which may be slightly out of date but it covers most things.

Hope that helps, so to speak! You’ll be an expert in no time.

@craig – I don’t mind, lol! I was originally going to keep my name without the space so it wouldn’t be confusing… but it ended up splitting the name strangely on posts as its rather long… so I had to add a space.

FaeGrl @faegrl

@monochromedimension – Okay… so, yesterday I watched the first serial of the Seventh. Oh, my god! It was the best episodes I’ve enjoyed since the Fourth! From what I could figure, Mel is a lady time lord that is from Earth? Much like River Song? I like her character, although her screaming hurts my ears. I hope she doesn’t do too much of it. 😛

And it’s confirmed, I love the Seventh Doctor! He’s very cool. 🙂

Now, I’m off to watch more of the second serial, “Delta and the Bannermen”.

@faegrl – Yay for ‘Time and the Rani’! Its a serial that gets a lot of bad reviews from folks, but I think its great! Hah! And no Mel isn’t a Time Lord, but the Rani is. I’m guessing you got a bit confused at the part where he thinks she’s the Rani? The reason he knew she was Mel is because she only had one pulse, therefore not a Time Lord. And ahaha… Mel does scream quite a bit.

And yay again! The Seventh Doctor is awesome, glad you agree!

Actually the second serial is ‘Paradise Towers’…. at least I think that’s the order… hmmm. For the record… I really like ‘Paradise Towers’; probably my favourite from his first season.

Wunobi @wunobi

Hey everybody, I was wondering if I could ask for a bit of your time. I need to have some questions answered by members of an online community of my group’s collective choosing (unanimous theDoctorWhoForum decision). You will remain anonymous and the questions should not take long  to finish.  These questions are about the actual sense of community that this site generates. If this is something you are interested in, please help me out by sending me a PM asking for the 11 questions.

tl;dr: In a class that has me interview members of a website of my choosing about the nature of online communities. The questions are short, and you can respond to them however you like, I don’t expect it to take more than 5 minutes. If you are interested, please PM me and I’ll send you the 11 questions.

Thanks!

schultze101 @schultze101

Hello all, again,

This isn’t technically my first post to “On the Sofa” but I’m not sure where to put this post.

Like I said before, and as stated in my tag, I’m here as a fan of the show and for a class focused on research of online communities. As part of the final project, I need to have interviewed three users from this site, and transcribe what I learn from them into a paper and presentation.

I’m making a double-post here entirely out of desperation. There’s barely a week left before both the paper and presentation are due and I haven’t interviewed a single person here. Though I certainly haven’t not tried to get myself out there (here, whatever).

My point is, if any of you would be willing to take some time and (thoughtfully) answer some questions I’d send over a PM, it would really, really help me out.

My apologies if double-posting here is a site faux pas, but I’m running out of time, and drastic measures are required.

On a related note, if you sent me an email regarding this whole interview thing, my email provider apparently considers every email connected to this site spam. So if any of you have emailed me about this and I never got back, it’s probably because my spam filter kept me from ever knowing.

FaeGrl @faegrl

@monochromedimension – Hmm… I wonder why people down rated “Time and the Rani”, I thought it was awesome! And it’s the best introduction to the Seventh, imho. Ah, yes I did get confused! I do know that Rani is a lady time lord, but somehow thought that Mel was too. I guess it would be too much to have three lady time lords in one episode.  I still like Mel regardless, she reminds me a little of Rose. 🙂

Odd, that’s right, it’s “Paradise Towers”! I wonder why the videos decided to skip to “Delta and Bannermen”. Well, lucky for me, I’ve only seen one episode, so I can go back to Paradise Towers. I got distracted again as a new episode of my new favorite show “The Following” was uploaded to Hulu. My mind wanders way too much, I hope I won’t do this when the new Who has started.

@faegrl – Yep, the Seventh Doctor is so cute in ‘Time and the Rani’!. With all the dundrearyisms. He’s brilliant in ‘Paradise Towers’ as well… of course only when you get to his second season will his manipulative nature become more apparent. Glad you’re enjoying his serials though. Oh and just a warning, when you get to ‘Ghost Light’, its probably the most confusing episode of Doctor Who… so I don’t mind explaining what’s actually going on if you don’t get it. Trust me… I didn’t know half of what was going on at first either. lol

Still got quite a while till series 8… so lots of time to watch the old series! Yay!

Whisht @whisht

Hi @faegrl and @monochromedimension – apologies if I’m butting in and you already know, but there was a “watch week-by-week” of Ghostlight a few months ago.

You can see episode 1 here along with people’s thoughts. Might be interesting to add yours if you haven’t already!

And I don’t think I’m spoiling anything, if I were to say that this serial has confused the great and the good since it was first shown!

[btw I’ve just noticed that I missed a few of the other Before Gap serials that have been done week-by-week. I should catch up (even though I’ll be cheating by gorging on them in one sitting!]

FaeGrl @faegrl

@monochromedimension – Hmm… I don’t think I like the idea of “manipulative”, unless it’s the Doctor thinking of something very clever and defeating the bad guys with his brain. I love it when he does that, in any regeneration of his. 🙂

Then again, I guess every Doctor goes through his “dark side” and have to overcome it. There were plenty of times the Doctor disappointed me or shocked me. I’m still thinking of the First and the rock scene! lol. But also the Tenth in many bad moments. Then they overcame it, learned from it, and became a better man… or alien.

@whisht – No, you’re never butting in! The concept doesn’t exist for you, my friend. 🙂

Anyway, now I’m very curious about Ghost Light! I love a puzzle… ah, but I’m still on serial “Paradise Towers”. Will I miss too much if I skip ahead? I don’t want that episode to be more confusing than it has to be. 😛

@faegrl – Ah well, the Seventh Doctor becomes very manipulative… to the point he’s setting up and playing ‘chess’ with his enemies and companions. There’s a few scenes where Ace (you’ll meet her later) actually gets very angry with the Doctor about it. He’s a very interesting and unusual Doctor, who sometimes even seems quite cold… he is always trying to help, but his methods are often manipulative. He’s been called the ‘dark chessmaster’ quite a few times by fans etc. Honestly he’s a absolutely brilliant Doctor though.

And if you skip to ‘Ghost Light’ you’ll miss quite a bit, not to mention its part of the Ace backstory arc… which really needs to be watched in a linear fashion as it all connects. Ace is the first companion to have a proper ongoing story and backstory. That and you’ll instantly notice how much the Doctor has changed going from ‘Paradise Towers’ to it. The Doctor is very intense in ‘Ghost Light’. Also… its in his last season so you’ll be skipping a lot… oh and random information time! ‘Ghost Light’ was the last classic serial to be filmed, even though ‘Survival’ was the last to be shown, and is the season finale.

@whisht – It is a rather confusing serial! I think I understand it now though. lol! I rewatched it recently, its a very good serial… but the moment you think you understand what’s going on… suddenly something completely “what the heck…?” happens. Sorry, only way to describe it!

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

@monochromedimension yes the 7th doctor did become kind of manipulative to the point where there were hints that he was something more than your ordinary timelord . Your mentioning of  Ace is very apropros and if you think about it Tennantdoc virtually admits he does exactly the same with  Donna Noble and 12 did the same in the hotel inorder to break Amys faith in him so as you say all the doctors have had this manipulative/dark side ( oh lord i feel like ive wandered into a conversation about starwars and the force lol “beware the power of the darkside doctor”). Infact from 7ths second season onwards the whole tone of the show had a darker side as i said it was almost hinting that the doctor was somthing more, but hey ho thats just my perception.

on another note however it occured to me if susan was the doctors granddaughter where is his daughter and why have we never seen her ….. or have we (thinks of TEOT)

MattWholigan @mattwholigan

Taking my Tom Baker head out on the town today. Tom Baker Head 1

Tom Baker head 2

@mattwholigan – That’s just a bit scary! Where did you get that from, anyhow? lol

@devilishrobby – The method the Seventh Doctor used to make Ace lose her faith in him in ‘Curse of Fenric’, is much more brutal than the Eleventh Doctor… but yes there is a similarity there in other Doctors, that some of them will be manipulative. Even the Second Doctor to an extent and he I always considered one of the nicest Doctors. But really no other Doctor manipulates his enemies and companions like the Seventh does… he’s also quite a brooding type. I’m guessing @faegrl will find out what we mean by this once she watches more of his serials, as in his first season he’s more clownish and silly.

And yes there’s a lot of hinting that he is something more, the line that was cut from the transmitted version of ‘Remembrance’ when he’s talking to Davros for example; “I am far more than just another Time Lord”. And also in ‘Remembrance’ where he says “we… I mean they…” when talking about the Hand of Omega. Annnnnnnd you get all the “Who are you?” “Doctor… who?” in ‘Silver Nemesis’ as well. I think if the series had been allowed to continue, they would of worked more on these aspects of the Doctor… but no, they cancelled it instead.

MattWholigan @mattwholigan

@monochromedimension – I got the tome baker head on ebay about 6 years ago

@mattwholigan – Pretty random… but then you can find some crazy stuff on eBay. I bought my sister a life-size cardboard cutout of the Tenth Doctor for Christmas… and the dog started barking at him. It was rather amusing.

FaeGrl @faegrl

@monochromedimension – Oh, I see. I will continue to watch the episodes in linear then. However, it will be a while before I reach Ghost Light. And I’ve heard of Ace before, but don’t know that companion yet. I’m looking forward to it. 🙂

As for the topic of manipulation, I agree with you and @devilishrobby, I think all the Doctors have a dark side to them… no Star Wars reference intended. I, er, am not a fan of Star Wars (ducking from rotten tomatoes!). It’s just that I don’t know too much of that series, because as a kid it couldn’t hold my interests long enough and as an adult I made the mistake of watching the one with Jar Jar Binks. So, that kind of killed all interest in the franchise for me. :-p

Back to topic, I don’t mind the darker sides to the Doctor and accept him for who he is, in general. It’s just the idea of “manipulative” or the word, that makes me a lot nervous. Like the serial killer in “The Following” is manipulative. Ugh. However, I understand what you two mean, by the Doctor using others for his means sometimes. I also don’t understand when people say that the Tenth is arrogant, when every Doctor have been so, as far as I can see. It’s a Time Lord thing, me thinks. 😉

@mattwholigan – That’s a very creepy head! I LOVE Tom Baker, yet I wouldn’t be able to sleep with that in my house. Therefore, I like it! lol.

Speaking of cardboard cutouts, I would love the Tenth Doctor one! Although, I wouldn’t destroy cutouts of any Doctors, like JonTron: JonTron:Terror
    This may sound weird, but I felt like I was witnessing a real murder when he chopped up the Eleventh Doctor cutout. Yikes! :O

@faegrl

I also don’t understand when people say that the Tenth is arrogant, when every Doctor have been so, as far as I can see. It’s a Time Lord thing, me thinks.

I agree entirely; Time Lords tend to be arrogant. The Doctor, consistently, tends to arrogance.

But the reason people say the Tenth is arrogant is that his incarnation was the one where this trait really came out to play; culminating in Waters of Mar and his ‘Time Lord Victorious’ speech.

FaeGrl @faegrl

@bluesqueakpip – As, yes, the “Time Lord Victorious” speech. I think that was a defining moment when the Doctor showed a very human side to himself. From what I gathered, that was not a pure arrogant boast for the sake of it, but a lashing out over the loss of his companions, especially that of Donna Nobel. I don’t want to leave spoilers, but I understand that outburst to be that of falling into depths of grief over his losses. I think and believe that, because of what he said to Wilfred Mott, in the cafe, about how he missed Donna and how she kept him from losing his way… hinting that he was remorseful for that whole speech and actions in “Waters Of Mars”.

I think that’s why I do like the Tenth, because he did show more of a human side than the alien one at times, which made him a lot relatable. At least in my view, anyway. I’ve lost people in my life as well… and I did behave like a huge butt over it, then felt remorse for it later, apologized to the people I had lashed out at, and moved on. It was interesting to see the Doctor go through the same thing, although… because he’s the Doctor and a Time Lord, it was a lot more threatening and disturbing than what I could ever do.

And bouncing back to the other topics, I guess in this very moment I realize that my want for the Doctor to be more dark or “alien” is maybe wishing for too much… as several times the writers seem to slip to more human characteristics for the Doctor. I’m not sure if it’s on purpose or subconsciously, but now I do realize that it’s the more human parts of the Doctor that draws me closer to the character more than anything else. I take back what I said before about the next Doctor should be more serious than the Eleventh! If it’s part of him to be silly, then I accept it. If he’s serious, I accept. If he’s arrogant, I accept. If he’s humanistic at times, I accept, And if he’s manipulative, I’ll accept that too. Because after all I am human, the writers are human, and these are emotes of humans.

Sorry for the rant… it’s past 6am here and I haven’t had my coffee yet. LOL! 😛

@faegrl – Indeed, it just seems that the Seventh Doctor seemed to have the manipulative trait more than any other Doctor… similar to what @bluesqueakpip mentioned about the Tenth and arrogance. I find the Seventh Doctor a fascinating character, not only does his personality change over time… but he ends up considering most of what he’s dealing with as a game. Don’t know the exact quote, but in ‘Ghost Light’ he complained; “Even I can’t play this many games at once!” or something along those lines. Apparently his audio and book stories explore this trait even more… he really becomes the darkest of all the Doctors; but he’s still the Doctor, enough to be called the Doctor… unlike the War Doctor. How many times can I say Doctor in a sentence!? lol Apparently a number of his other incarnations aren’t fond of the Seventh though, probably because of his manipulative methods.

And yes Time Lord’s are arrogant, even the first time they appeared in the series in ‘The War Games’.

But today ‘Web of Fear’ arrived… YES I HAVE ‘WEB OF FEAR’ ON DVD! ‘Web of Fear’ is here!  Who would of thought it!? Found, its found! Except episode 3. So I will be joining the Second Doctor today, facing the Great Intelligence and the Yeti in the London Underground! Exciting! ‘WEB OF FEAR’!

Well, Doctor… you could at least pretend to be interested…

Oh no! The first sentence in my previous post has bad grammar! And now I can’t edit it… Ahhhh!

FaeGrl @faegrl

@monochromedimension – You know, the more I am watching the BG serials, the more I’m beginning to not see the Doctor reincarnations as separate, as I’ve done before. Somehow, they all seem like part of the whole now, so I have a new appreciation for all of them… not just my favorites of The Fourth, Ninth, and Tenth. It’s a very interesting show and the most complex one I’ve ever come across in my entire life, that’s for sure! 😀

Oh, don’t worry about bad grammar, I’ve used worse! lol. Hey… what episode is that, with the First,Second, Third, and Fifth Doctors in your gif? I want to see that one! I love Doctor cross-overs!

Anonymous @

@monochromedimension

Oh no! The first sentence in my previous post has bad grammar!

Oh dear! You’d better hope the Grammar Dalek doesn’t notice. I’m not actually sure who the designated GD is any more or even whether we still have one so you may have had a lucky escape 🙂

@faegrl – Interesting, I do often view them as seperate myself. But separate incarnations of the same character… hmmm, hard to explain. But yes indeed, he is a complex character! My favourites are First and Seventh… and also the Second and Fourth. Wait, I like the Sixth as well… okay I like all the Doctors!

Annnnnd that gif is from ‘The Five Doctors’, which really should be called ‘The Four Doctors’ as the Fourth is not in it properly unfortunately. Its a great episode, I highly recommend it. Other multiple Doctor stories are ‘The Three Doctors’ and ‘The Two Doctors’.

@fatmaninabox – Hmmm… I do hope there isn’t a Grammar Dalek around at the moment… I don’t know if a Topic Dalek can handle a Grammar Dalek.

@fatmaninabox – the spelling, grammar and capitalisation Dalek is usually me. 😈

However, I will point out that this is more because I can’t read stuff that is badly spelt, uncapitalised and innocent of punctuation. Posters (I’m looking at you, @monochromedimension) may dangle their participles where they will and split infinitives all day long. They can even misuse the possessive apostrophe – if they really must. 🙂

@bluesqueakpip – Topic Dalek is still wary of Grammar Dalek… emergency temporal shift!

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 949 total)

The topic ‘On The Sofa (4)’ is closed to new replies.