Spoilers (2)

Home Forums General Spoilers (2)

This topic contains 989 replies, has 78 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 990 total)
  • Author
    wolfweed @wolfweed

Filming footage from a forthcoming episode!

janetteB @janetteb

Two lovely clips. Thank you  @wolfweed I love that one of the reasons behind the choice of costume was so that children could emulate with with minimal effort and cost.

Cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

Here’s the official RT poster…

z
    http://images.doctorwhonews.net/image.php?pid=13922

janetteB @janetteb

I realise that I am overusing the word “love” but I have to say, I love that poster, it’s just so gorgeously retro..

Cheers

Janette

Oblique @oblique

It’s interesting that the BBC consider spoilers as a must. For who? For us?

Browse a copy of the Radio Times and discover what the future holds: episode titles; plots; adversaries old, and new.

It really is a godsend: such a bite-sized summary. We can speculate… finger hovering over the  Submit  key – Davros style; enable  the sharing of hypothesise.

Imagine not knowing what outfit would come the Doctor’s way would following his regeneration, whether there would be a new companion, what monsters  would turn up on… gosh, so 20th Century! How dull.

Spoilers – the clue is the title – really tap our: can’t-wait-wont-wait-for-Christmas-day, appetite.  We have become accustomed, very quickly, to wanting everything, all at once – right now.  We can no longer luxuriate in anticipation of what the future holds. We’re not being force fed, one always has a choice in these matters, its just that its all too convenient, like anticipation. Remember Anticipation? And to be honest this girl’s tummy is full.

The Doctor’s Grandmother, any one?

Oblique @oblique

In addition to my previous post: 30911

By ‘Anticipation’ I meant to refer to the lack of it. Timed-out on edit, apologies x

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

‘Morris!’ (Shakes fist)
    z

Anonymous @

@wolfweed — can’t see this personally. Moffat and Capaldi have already been talking about season 9, after all. I expect he’ll move on before season 10 though. And while Horowitz is not the worse choice in the world — sterling work on Foyle’s War and all that, so he’s shown he’s more than capable as a showrunner — he’s never shown the remotest interest in Who and I’d say that’s a definite must for a showrunner in this day and age. You need someone who’s tapped deeply into the show’s history and mythos. And while I like Horowitz, I’m not sure he’s shown any sign of knowing his polyphase avatron from his pescatons….

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish

Of course it doesn’t make sense. Moff has already planned the cliffhanger to the penultimate episode of series 9.

I can’t work out Philip Morris. I’m sure he once said he’s not really interested in Dr Who, yet this is his avatar…..

z

Plus 95% of what he posts on twitter is about Dr Who. Not content with ‘I don’t do rumours.’ alongside ‘The wind is blowing in the right direction.’, he’s now started slagging off the show.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/11064165/Are-we-deluded-about-Doctor-Who.html

If Ian Levine is the 6th Dr, then Philip Morris is surely The Valeyard…

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

Miminess @miminess

trying to unnotified on this post….can’t figure out another way.

wolfweed @wolfweed

http://doctorwhoworldwide.com/2014/09/03/philip-morris-accuses-steven-moffat-of-sexist-policy-uber-fans-running-show-more/
    z

‘As a fan… I want the people who would never watch (to) get onboard’

‘I’m sorry, I don’t look at it as a fan. I can take it or leave it…’

‘I know quite a lot which I cant mention here or I will be in court for libel.’ (but he will say that Dr Who is run by sexists !?!)

Is this for real?

Anonymous @

@wolfweed — even during the missing episodes, erm, episode, I kept getting the slight feeling that Morris was more interested in self-aggrandisement than anything else and I’m getting that impression more and more now.

And I see that Antony Horowitz has pretty much shot down those showrunner rumours, which I think were based on no more than the fact he was writing Tin Tin 2 and Moffat was writing Tin Tin when he was offered the gig….

wolfweed @wolfweed

I just went and found & checked the script. I can confirm that originally, Rusty self-destructed on the Dalek ship (pg 66). That would have made him another martyr…
    z

Then I found this:

http://whopix.wordpress.com/tag/rusty-the-dalek/

wolfweed @wolfweed

A message for the Time Lords…

Please remove the post above if it’s too spoilery. I’m not actually sure. Thanks.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@wolfweed I think it’s fine. I was going to post something similar TBH as I had seen Rusty blow up the Daleks in the leaked version and was surprised it wasn’t in the final version.

I think it’s interesting to know what choices were made (a bit like the kiss). It may be that they want Rusty back – or it may be for the more boring reason that they just ran out of effects budget (it was an effects heavy episode). We shall wait and see.

Anonymous @

@craig @wolfweed

I suspect Rusty’s ‘martyr’ scene was cut simply because of the suicide bomber implications. I doubt that the BBC would want to be accused of promoting the idea of a ‘good’ terrorist.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@fatmaninabox I think you may be right. You are a much smarter man than I. Cheers.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@wolfweed I’ve been following this for the last few days and it just gets crazier and crazier. Would like to have some of what Philip Morris is smoking!

It’s almost as if, now his nemesis Ian Levine is in hospital, he has no one to hold him back and he’s just spewing forth in the weirdest of ways. Not sure I want lots of old episodes (possibly) in this man’s hands.

As @jimthefish noted, it all seems like a child (especially given the spelling and grammar) shouting “Look at me! Look at me!”. His Facebook posts were painful to read.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

I wonder if the BBC have thought of getting a court order to get custody of whatever he may have in his possession on the grounds that he is gradually losing it and who knows what he may do next?

wolfweed @wolfweed

@craig

Perhaps he has all the film cans buried in an undisclosed garden, along with his fine cheeses, in anticipation of the coming apocalypse?
    z
    Whatever the case, the drama of the actual show has been usurped this week! When is the movie of this coming out?

wolfweed @wolfweed

There seem to be very mixed opinions on the interweb about the ROS edit. Personally, I can totally see why they would remove the scene out of respect.

I can also see why Rusty didn’t do his dark deed onscreen. Perhaps that story suffered just a little by it’s omission.

Let’s hope ROS still makes sense at least… Did they have a contingency plan whilst filming?

I wonder if these scenes will appear on the DVDs at all now?

wolfweed @wolfweed

Okay, the drama is firmly back with the show. As I said, mixed opinions…
    http://www.kasterborous.com/2014/09/terrorists-win-beheading-scene-cut-doctor/
    z

wolfweed @wolfweed

Another Stuart Manning special…
    z

Anonymous @

@wolfweed – yep, some people really have got their knickers in a twist over the scene being cut and plenty of accusations of giving into terrorists.

I know that they made the decision earlier in the week but, given the terrible event in North London, they would have had to cut it any way which, IMO (and I’m sure everyone else would agree), would’ve been the right thing to do.

Anonymous @

Quite apart from the fact that I’m not sure decapitation ever really has a place in the show (this is Doctor Who, not Game of Thrones, after all), I find it hard to believe that anyone could argue against removing the scene in the light of this week’s events. It’s the respectful thing to do, in my opinion.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish

The only (sort of onscreen, humanish/maybe androidy?) examples I can think of  are the chap in ‘The Awakening’ and the Headless Monks. (And of course there’s poor Dorium.) The Awakening one was pretty dark stuff…

z

Non-human, the Cybermen often suffered such a fate (onscreen). The Raston warrior robot was responsible for lots of course…

It probably wouldn’t feel right watching any of that sort of thing at the moment…

LarryBlooper @larryblooper

Robin Hood looks like he’s getting involved tonight:

“Despite the Time Lord’s insistence that the legendary hero is a myth, the pair come face to face when the Doctor discovers that Nottinghamshire is at stake from “an evil plan from beyond the stars”.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Robin-Hood-join-forces-Time-Lord-Doctor-episode/story-22878293-detail/story.html#ixzz3CX3N2122

Anonymous @

@wolfweed — you’re quite right. Who actually has quite a pedigree of decapitation.

Still think a bit of sensitivity in light of the week’s events is in order though.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@wolfweed @jimthefish @fatmaninabox

I am very much in the camp that would not like to see Game of Thrones type decapitation at the moment, if ever. Some of that series still haunts me. However, I watched the leaked episode earlier this week and I have to say that, despite all the recent horrors, I would not connect the two because of the way it was done. It’s all sort of sci-fi slapstick, if that’s a thing. The episode is quite pantomime in tone.

I’ll be interested to see how they re-edit it as it’s a reasonably major thing towards the end – not just a cheap shot. It actually is a moment that changes both story and character. It’s a big thing.

I hope they haven’t ruined the end just because some of the high-ups got scared about the licence renewal. The Daily Mail could run all the “Sick BBC shows beheading” stories they wanted, but the viewers would laugh at them because they know the truth.

By not showing it, all we have is “Sick BBC shot beheading scene then cut it” and no one knows the truth in context.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

I am feeling quite strongly about this having seen the non-offensive original.

I’m going to make my first ever complaint to the BBC. If anyone else wants to you can do it below.

I remember living in Scotland when the Lockerbie bombing happened and there was a film due to be shown that night that started with the death of a man’s family in a plane crash. They didn’t show it. That’s one thing.

If they didn’t show this episode I would be fine, but to edit it, to take the censors scissors to it, is different and, I think, worth complaining about.

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor

wolfweed @wolfweed

I see that that Kasterborous page has been removed now.
    Whatever the case, people seem to have very strong opinions about this edit.
    @craig – I’m interested to hear your verdict once you’ve watched the broadcast episode.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@wolfweed Quick reaction… Oh FFS. Totally hobbled it.

Going out tonight, but will post more tomorrow.

Not a spoiler now, but in the original the Sheriff came back from the dead, then they knocked off his head and he turned out to be a cyborg-style robot. Robin gave his head back to his body so that they could have a fair swordfight, before defeating him.

Losing the cyborg-style robot may be detrimental to the long game. Not sure.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Perhaps it was the placing of the bag over his head & the fact(?) that he was half human?
    http://doctorwhoworldwide.com/2014/09/06/details-of-the-cut-beheading-scene-during-robot-of-sherwood/

I can’t really judge unless I see the cut scene.

I hope we see it restored on the dvd as opposed to as a deleted scene (or not at all)…

wolfweed @wolfweed

Can someone who can re-attach their heads be considered half human (or even humanoid)?

I understand where the cut scene fit in now. Before the scene on the beam…

Does this remind you of Gallifrey, or is it more like a Sun?

z

wolfweed @wolfweed

The Xmas special is being filmed in Glen Affric!
    z

Brewski @brewski

Hi all. I’ve been scared to look at this forum because I decided to avoid spoilers as much as possible. But I had this thought and wanted to put it out in an appropriate place. (Forgive me if its already been suggested):

“Nethersphere”

equals Lowest, or Inner-most Sphere

equals miniature universe

“Promised Land”

equals Paradise

equals Arcadia

Brewski @brewski

Continuing with this thought (and going to go way nuts here):

“Guardian of the Nethersphere”

equals Protector of…

But is she protecting something FROM the Nethersphere? Or is she protecting the Nethersphere from something else? The surreal-ness of her location suggests she’s working from WITHIN. Therefore she is protecting it.

Generally speaking, it’s the bad guys you need protection from.

Therefore, she is a Good Guy. Collecting not foes of the Doctor, but allies. Her demented-looking behavior makes us ASSUME she’s a Bad Guy. But that is just Missy-direction.

But why “boyfriend”? And liking the “new” accent? And “I think I’ll keep it”.

What if she’s not real? What if she is an interface to the pocket universe? She takes on a corporeal form in order to communicate.

The Doctor had several centuries on Trenzalor to try to communicate with the pocket universe through the crack. Missy was the channel. She formed a bond with him then. To him she is the Missing Gallifrey. Eventually just Missy.

janetteB @janetteb

Oh I like the Missy-Missing connection @brewski I think that miniaturisation is the key to the arc having been referenced in one way or another in every episode so far though in the first episode it was the dinosaur that was enlarged so that the Tardis appeared to be minute. My one concern is that increases the likihood that Missy is the Master. I like the interface suggestion much better. An interface operating from within either the Doctor or Clara’s brain?

Unless you are drawing on information gleened from “spoilers” I don’t think there was any need to post your ideas in this thread. A lot of people don’t venture in here and so will miss out on what is an excellent bit of bonkers theorising. Perhaps best check with one of the mods.

@wolfweed I wonder if Glen Affric is standing in for the Lakes District?

Cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Brewski @brewski

@janetteb

Unless you are drawing on information gleened from “spoilers” I don’t think there was any need to post your ideas in this thread. A lot of people don’t venture in here and so will miss out on what is an excellent bit of bonkers theorising.

Thanks. Definitely no leakage information here. Just what leaked out of my brain. The only reason I posted here is cuz I didn’t know what the best place would be. It’s not really specific to “Robot of Sherwood”. But I guess I’ll re-post it there. Thanks for the advice.

I like the connection with miniaturization. But actually I think it may still fit with where I’m going. I’ll rework it a bit when I re-post it.

Thanks again!

wolfweed @wolfweed

Xmas special not being filmed in Glen Affric!

I’m not saying where though, as it will ruin series 8…..
    z

Orson Pink is an anagram of ‘Prison on K’…

janetteB @janetteb

Orson is another name with an interesting, medieval, origin. The following is a quote from Wikipedia about the Tale of Valentine and Orson

It is the story of twin brothers, abandoned in the woods in infancy. Valentine is brought up as a knight at the court of Pepin, while Orson grows up in a bear’s den to be a wild man of the woods, until he is overcome and tamed by Valentine, whose servant and comrade he becomes. The two eventually rescue their mother Bellisant, sister of Pepin and wife of the emperor of Greece, by whom she had been unjustly repudiated, from the power of a giant named Ferragus.

This tale is roughly contemporary with the reign of Oswald in Northumbria. Fascinating. Methinks Moffat has a taste for Medieval history.

Cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

ManyFacesofDave @manyfacesofdave

I’m not sure where else to post this to, but I suppose Spoilers may be the best description. Let me start at the beginning.  And what I’m about to tell you is absolutely true.

I’ve been a lifelong fan of the show, definite Whovian. I’ve made theory videos in the past I haven’t always been right, but I tried. At least most of my thoughts were somewhat original. A couple weeks ago, I made a video theory about the identity of Missy. In short, I think she’s the new host body of the Great Intelligence. You can see more here.

A week later, I noticed the video used to come up along with everyone else’s, when you typed a YouTube search for Doctor Who and Missy. Suddenly, it wasn’t. It was still on my channel, but you couldn’t find it in a broad search. This was limited at the time to Youtube apps, later on the pc as well. I made a video telling about it here.

After making this video, access to the original video was blocked from me. I couldn’t reply to comments, nor make new comments on only that single video! I wrote to Chris Hardwick of The Nerdist, as well as a journalist from The Telegraph. The next day, after sharing my video with friends, my videos were coming back up on searches. It had become so bizarre, a friend of mine coined the term Whominati, and made a video about it.  Here’s a link if you’re interested.

The most bizarre part is, at the same time he recorded that one, I made a new video titled Doctor Who, YouTube and Censorship. The reason I mention it is now, that single video seems to be blocked from a broad search, after I posted it a week ago. Here’s the link.

Ladies and gentlemen, I post this because of a great fear and revelation that I feel as a fan of Doctor Who, and feel everyone must know. It’s too specific and coincidental to be a glitch. It appears my videos were, and are being censored from general searches at this time. Typing in Doctor Who and Censorship used to pull my video straight up, now it’s not found. We all know Steven Moffat watches YouTube videos made by fans, the man who made this season’s opening titles was discovered there. I, on the other hand, am a fan, making theories and guesses, just like you. My fear is, what if I may have guessed right, and what if Moffat or execs from Doctor Who and the BBC persuaded YouTube to censor my videos from searches, for fear of the ramifications? I’ve done nothing wrong, not violated copyrights, nor done anything illegal. If my video was deleted outright, it would be a definitive sign that I was right. But what if my guess is too close for comfort, and my video is being censored?

Imagine the ramifications. We all dream of being part of Doctor Who. But let’s say you guess right about a major plot point to be revealed, and instead of getting a job offer, your video is censored, blocked and hidden from views until the reveal. One person can be rewarded for sharing their love of Doctor Who, while another is punished for theirs. We as fans are the life’s blood of the show. When we talk about it or cosplay, we’re free advertisement for the show. But what if that same fandom could gain the wrong attention, and fans like us can be shunned, silenced or punished, simply being somewhere between a fan’s detective work, and a lucky guess?

This is real. It’s happening now. If I weren’t living it, I’d chalk it up to a Creepypasta. But folks, this is real. Someone is afraid of the information I’ve posted getting out, and is hiding it. Only after making enough noise did my Missy theory video reappear. I’m hoping to do the same with my video about Doctor Who and censorship. Please check out the links, and spread the word. Your place in the Doctor Who fandom could be next. Please, let us take care of each other.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 990 total)

The topic ‘Spoilers (2)’ is closed to new replies.