<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0"
	xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
	xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
	xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
	xmlns:slash="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/slash/"
	>

<channel>
	<title>The Doctor Who Forum | Oblique | Mentions</title>
	<link>https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/activity/mentions/</link>
	<atom:link href="https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/activity/mentions/feed/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
	<description>Activity feed mentioning Oblique.</description>
	<lastBuildDate>Tue, 29 Sep 2026 09:48:28 +0000</lastBuildDate>
	<generator>https://buddypress.org/?v=2.9.1</generator>
	<language>en-US</language>
	<ttl>30</ttl>
	<sy:updatePeriod>hourly</sy:updatePeriod>
	<sy:updateFrequency>2</sy:updateFrequency>
	
						<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">35424eeaac48f6d890a4c5cbbc9d7048</guid>
				<title>Mudlark replied to the topic The Giggle in the forum The Fourteenth Doctor</title>
				<link>https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-giggle/page/2/#post-75025</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 15 Dec 2023 10:21:36 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a class='bp-suggestions-mention' href='https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@oblique</a></p>
<blockquote><p>There’s no way no14 is going to stay put when the Earth is once again under threat (checks fobwatch) I think this is the BBC not having the courage of its convictions when casting a black lead</p></blockquote>
<p>Well, if RTD is to be believed, that isn&#8217;t the way they are thinking at the moment  ht&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-85815"><a href="https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-giggle/page/2/#post-75025" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">156757754123268700e76a5730014454</guid>
				<title>Miapatrick replied to the topic The Giggle in the forum The Fourteenth Doctor</title>
				<link>https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-giggle/page/2/#post-75022</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 15 Dec 2023 09:01:05 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>&lt;span class=&#8221;useratname&#8221;&gt;<a class='bp-suggestions-mention' href='https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@oblique</a> To be honest, much as I’ve enjoyed him in these three episodes, Ncuti’s bounding energy made Tennant’s Doctor seem, if anything, ripe for retirement. (Don’t you think he looks tired?). And I don’t mean that in a snide way &#8211; he needs to rest and recuperate. If I’d known ahead of time how the episode would go I&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-85812"><a href="https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-giggle/page/2/#post-75022" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">30895fd936f593aae542f10c4815b38c</guid>
				<title>WhoHar replied to the topic The Giggle in the forum The Fourteenth Doctor</title>
				<link>https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-giggle/page/2/#post-75020</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 15 Dec 2023 03:09:26 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a class='bp-suggestions-mention' href='https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/vickymallard/' rel="nofollow">@vickymallard</a></p>
<p>Hello, and welcome.</p>
<p>My assumption from watching the ep was that the Bi-generation allowed 15 to &#8220;shed&#8221; all his angst, leaving it in 14, which then 14 would work through in his (more) sedentary retirement. And 14 would not be able to regen / bi-gen again, so would age &#8220;normally&#8221; and presumably die of old age / accident or illness at&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-85810"><a href="https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-giggle/page/2/#post-75020" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">e2d393dee75cc94e1ff82736131e7506</guid>
				<title>TranslatorCircuit replied to the topic The Power of the Doctor in the forum The Thirteenth Doctor</title>
				<link>https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-power-of-the-doctor/page/2/#post-73705</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 06 Nov 2022 16:42:11 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a class='bp-suggestions-mention' href='https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a></p>
<p>Hidden news! As Doctor Who will be financed by and shown on Disney+ , doesn&#8217;t that mean that in future each Doctor Who series will be only six episodes long, as this is the standard length for a Disney+ series?</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">6bacbb4cbff0d8ee0a7e66b282ce7e58</guid>
				<title>Devilishrobby replied to the topic The Power of the Doctor in the forum The Thirteenth Doctor</title>
				<link>https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-power-of-the-doctor/page/2/#post-73698</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 05 Nov 2022 22:06:02 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a class='bp-suggestions-mention' href='https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@oblique</a> having read the articles especially the RT article which seems to have down played Disney having overly too much content control and emphasised that the deal is more about them taking over the overseas distribution of Who. Now whilst I may have issue with the apparent domination of the streaming  side of the entertainment business Disney&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-84264"><a href="https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-power-of-the-doctor/page/2/#post-73698" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">8f97ac6d8e219a6ab61f9bf9f7bfbf05</guid>
				<title>Devilishrobby replied to the topic The Power of the Doctor in the forum The Thirteenth Doctor</title>
				<link>https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-power-of-the-doctor/#post-73685</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 02 Nov 2022 20:37:41 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a class='bp-suggestions-mention' href='https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@oblique</a> a complete clean slate in Who would be next to impossible as the Doctor is the sum of his previous regenerations. The whole concept of the Timelord renegade, and the Doctor is technically a renegade of his race, is that his past has shaped him/her, in the doctors case it’s produced a personality that will nearly always try to help those i&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-84244"><a href="https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-power-of-the-doctor/#post-73685" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">4a7154e5f665e4af5a6efa8610e9f578</guid>
				<title>TranslatorCircuit replied to the topic The Power of the Doctor in the forum The Thirteenth Doctor</title>
				<link>https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-power-of-the-doctor/#post-73674</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 02 Nov 2022 11:55:51 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>&lt;div dir=&#8221;auto&#8221;&gt;<a class='bp-suggestions-mention' href='https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a> The expression clean slate applied to Doctor Who may only be a rumour. I think what it might mean is The Doctor having all his memories wiped, then being left to wander round space and time without meeting any Daleks, Cybermen, The Master, Sontarans, Autons, Silurians, Sea Devils, Ice Warriors, Mara, or any other alien&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-84233"><a href="https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-power-of-the-doctor/#post-73674" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">da39875427b44c237a12c69ac7a1766d</guid>
				<title>PhaseShift replied to the topic Flatline in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/flatline/page/5/#post-34292</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 29 Oct 2014 22:08:18 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a></p>
<blockquote><p>..But as I didn’t watch anything beyond Clara’s debut..</p></blockquote>
<p>But here you are, boring me already. Go away&#8230;watch this series, the one you&#8217;ve been commenting on, the ONE WITH CLARA, and then report back. </p>
<p>Christ. Possibly on a bike. Tell you what. Stop attempting to bait people &#8211; come and PM me direct, and explain that last comment in you&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-38818"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/flatline/page/5/#post-34292" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">af87c913a80996693cea6422bbcdf7f2</guid>
				<title>Arbutus replied to the topic Flatline in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/flatline/page/3/#post-33859</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 19 Oct 2014 19:34:52 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a>   I think that different aspects of DW speak to us all differently, depending on who we are. I’ve always watched DW on my own, as it is not my son’s or husband’s “thing”… they are WAY too realistic-science minded to enjoy it. But I have always watched with a certain childlike glee that warms more to the quirks than to the chills (altho&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-38193"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/flatline/page/3/#post-33859" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ef43d3488bf21d2a3f453c9e945d9535</guid>
				<title>idiotsavon replied to the topic Mummy on the Orient Express in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/mummy-on-the-orient-express/page/5/#post-33616</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 16 Oct 2014 09:56:03 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I&#8217;m enjoying reading all the comments here as always! Especially all the talk around myth &#8211; and <a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/wordmuse/' rel="nofollow">@wordmuse</a> and <a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/jimthefish/' rel="nofollow">@jimthefish</a> (and I think @others) you got me thinking with your comments about what heroism is. It&#8217;s a complex notion, I think &#8211; and perhaps one that carries very different connotations depending on the era/genre/individual. </p>
<p>Thomas&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-37920"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/mummy-on-the-orient-express/page/5/#post-33616" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">5114a5d6d472b3435c4def771834254f</guid>
				<title>geoffers replied to the topic Mummy on the Orient Express in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/mummy-on-the-orient-express/page/3/#post-33509</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 13 Oct 2014 15:58:48 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a> &#8211; i think &#8216;mummy on the orient express&#8217; is an obvious homage to &#8216;murder on the orient express&#8217; (by agatha christie)?</p>
<p>i watched &#8216;the robots of death&#8217; just a couple of weeks ago! didn&#8217;t know it was a tribute to her&#8230;</p>
<p>🙂</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ba72f3881ee235469a257469d15f8fbf</guid>
				<title>thommck replied to the topic Mummy on the Orient Express in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/mummy-on-the-orient-express/page/3/#post-33494</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 13 Oct 2014 12:29:49 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Not so mello after all, what a shame &#8230;</p>
<p>Anyway, I have my bucket of exclamtion/question marks at the ready so hear we go.</p>
<p>Despite the later showing we got to watch this one live! What a fun episode. We had the lights off and my 10y/o was clinging on to me from the start 🙂 It was almost Scooby Doo!</p>
<blockquote><p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a>: &#8220;Mummy on the Orient Express, the&hellip;</p></blockquote>
<p><span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-37784"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/mummy-on-the-orient-express/page/3/#post-33494" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">d1dacd17eba0d64ac6c8ed90a324dd5a</guid>
				<title>JimTheFish replied to the topic Mummy on the Orient Express in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/mummy-on-the-orient-express/page/3/#post-33491</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 13 Oct 2014 12:01:53 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@oblique</a> &#8212; the title is part of the joke. It&#8217;s a call-out to the phone call that the Doctor gets at the end of The Big Bang (I think) and which is referenced in the episode.</p>
<p>Similarly Dinosaurs on a Spaceship was a meta title as well &#8212; referencing the Samuel L Jackson movie. Also a huge misdirect as the real meat of the episode wasn&#8217;t really&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-37781"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/mummy-on-the-orient-express/page/3/#post-33491" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">85aec170616c86d7ba75917b2db77e94</guid>
				<title>thommck replied to the topic Kill the Moon in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/kill-the-moon/page/7/#post-33335</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 10 Oct 2014 09:01:32 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a>, <a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/purofilion/' rel="nofollow">@Purofilion</a> I almost fainted when I saw you both think</p>
<blockquote><p>Amy and Clara virtually indistinguishable-yes</p></blockquote>
<p>No! I have always felt Amy and Clara are complete polar opposites! Where Amy was brash and determined, Clara is thoughtful and cautious. I can remember people on here remarking how, when we first met Clara, she stayed put when the Doctor&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-37603"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/kill-the-moon/page/7/#post-33335" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">bf66d0bdfe8ed02ac37291e8fe629bbe</guid>
				<title>idiotsavon replied to the topic Kill the Moon in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/kill-the-moon/page/6/#post-33310</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 09 Oct 2014 20:30:31 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@oblique</a></p>
<blockquote><p>Incidentally where did it go? Does it have any further role to play?</p></blockquote>
<p>I&#8217;ve been asking myself the same question. </p>
<p>If it does come back, it will probably save something important, thus confirming Clara in her decision.</p>
<p>However, I think it would be far more interesting &#8211; in a philosophy/ethics kind of way &#8211; if it came back as a&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-37575"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/kill-the-moon/page/6/#post-33310" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">11d27aff55bb53a5f08003630195e911</guid>
				<title>idiotsavon replied to the topic Listen in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/9/#post-33301</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 09 Oct 2014 15:45:37 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@oblique</a></p>
<p>My hugest apologies &#8211; I missed your comments upthread. Only just discovered them while having a look back over previous discussions. Glad that we share a dislike of the 10-second scene 🙂</p>
<blockquote><p>I’d like fewer big ideas and a slower pace.</p></blockquote>
<p>So do you have in mind some episodes, or certain Who eras, that deliver exactly the right balance of p&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-37558"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/9/#post-33301" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">79c25f2a97744910585ca9825b1c4ae6</guid>
				<title>Spider replied to the topic The Caretaker in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-caretaker/page/6/#post-32932</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 04 Oct 2014 11:24:56 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I&#8217;m a bit late to the party but here&#8217;s my 2p. Overall I enjoyed the episode, some very funny lines. Robot was a bit meh in terms of plot but looked very cool.</p>
<p>On first watch my main point of annoyance was the invisibility watch that meant the blitzer couldn&#8217;t see the Doctor and yet could see the footprints &#8211; the filming of it gives the impression&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-37127"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-caretaker/page/6/#post-32932" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">e4c433148840a1b90b2f055e480eb448</guid>
				<title>idiotsavon replied to the topic The Caretaker in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-caretaker/page/6/#post-32912</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 03 Oct 2014 21:41:49 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@oblique</a>  I&#8217;ve only seen a couple of Sherlock episodes but would really like to catch up at some point. I suppose if Moffat wanted to make a cheeky link between the two, this would be a good episode for it (The lone scientist.)</p>
<p>As to whether it worked &#8211; I didn&#8217;t even notice it, so yes and no 🙂</p>
<p>x</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">2768b3b99b7324d1497367732a4c3b55</guid>
				<title>Arbutus replied to the topic The Caretaker in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-caretaker/page/4/#post-32735</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 30 Sep 2014 05:02:45 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/cathannabel/' rel="nofollow">@CathAnnabel</a>     <em>with hindsight and without the distraction of his considerable charms</em>     This made me laugh out loud. Well put.</p>
<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a>      I’d say the title “The Caretaker” was a callout to “The Lodger”!</p>
<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/idiotsavon/' rel="nofollow">@idiotsavon</a>     I like your comparison of Danny’s behaviour in the TARDIS to a recalcitrant student, very apt. And your Pride and Prej&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-36898"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-caretaker/page/4/#post-32735" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">a88a2d106f9e75b6521dd08c8591800c</guid>
				<title>IAmNotAFishIAmAFreeMan replied to the topic Listen in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/8/#post-32109</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:21:29 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a></p>
<p>You seem to be having difficulty keeping the goal posts in the same place.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">a9560f26307da34f7adb7fc91b1dd89c</guid>
				<title>idiotsavon replied to the topic Listen in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/8/#post-32106</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:30:45 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@oblique</a> (again)<br />
I like what you said about pace, and am interested in your thoughts. I don&#8217;t watch much TV, but when I do, I feel like there&#8217;s some unwritten rule that scenes can&#8217;t last more than ten seconds, and I often find it offputting.<br />
I think this Dr Who series is slower-paced and I like that a lot. Much as I adored Matt Smith, I&#8217;m&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-36186"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/8/#post-32106" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">cd3ca6a78bef2dcb18a7faaad3b4d6ce</guid>
				<title>idiotsavon replied to the topic Listen in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/8/#post-32105</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 19 Sep 2014 19:53:53 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@oblique</a><br />
Hee hee, I was banging on about the cleverness of Dr Who the other day, and my friend sent me this link to some overly-academic Mr Men reviews. His point is well-made 🙂<br />
<a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1SM813W6H36YA/ref=cm_pdp_rev_all?ie=UTF8&#038;sort_by=MostRecentReview" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1SM813W6H36YA/ref=cm_pdp_rev_all?ie=UTF8&#038;sort_by=MostRecentReview</a></p>
<p>Is that what we&#8217;re doing, in your view? Over-analysing&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-36185"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/8/#post-32105" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">a573d37bcb61cdf5b0379085744f2f75</guid>
				<title>Arbutus replied to the topic Listen in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/8/#post-32101</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 19 Sep 2014 19:13:56 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a>    I agree that After Gap Who has often felt rushed to me as well. Personally, I prefer the more leisurely pace of old (but I know that not everyone would agree with me on this!) But I do think that Moffat and the other writers are well aware of the fandom&#8217;s love of picking things apart and looking for clues, and I&#8217;m sure that many of th&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-36179"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/8/#post-32101" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">e9b7d91d1804a67c679f59611f01dcc1</guid>
				<title>idiotsavon replied to the topic Listen in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/8/#post-32087</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:14:22 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@oblique</a><br />
I&#8217;d be interested to know your thoughts about Alice&#8217;s Adventures in Wonderland and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Are they both just children&#8217;s books written only for children with the sole purpose of commercial gain? Or can they be read at a number of levels? Are they in fact a bit clever?<br />
x</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">3d7a63b585d2cdbd78a2d2c97c406c8a</guid>
				<title>IAmNotAFishIAmAFreeMan replied to the topic Listen in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/7/#post-31997</link>
				<pubDate>Thu, 18 Sep 2014 00:03:10 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/bluesqueakpip/' rel="nofollow">@bluesqueakpip</a></p>
<p>Also, <a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@oblique</a>, setting aside that you appear to have moved the goal posts, you seem under the impression that the BBC is quite happy for a writer to rock up with a script and just head on down to Cardiff to shoot it.</p>
<p>That is not how the BBC works.</p>
<p>A good friend has had two, soon to be three, Afternoon Plays on Radio 4 &#8211; I&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-36067"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/7/#post-31997" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">552cdcda22ce723b43b446cf391ba0f0</guid>
				<title>Bluesqueakpip replied to the topic Listen in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/7/#post-31995</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:20:09 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a></p>
<p>Hmmm&#8230; do you not like this game we&#8217;re playing? </p>
<p>Anyway, you appear to make three assumptions. One is that the writers/production team never plan things out in detail &#8211; and we know from interviews that they do plan the more complex stuff out. For example, River Song&#8217;s arc took up an entire whiteboard in the production office. They have&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-36062"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/7/#post-31995" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">738a7ae63d5cc27f24a0eaff4c755471</guid>
				<title>janetteB replied to the topic Listen in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/6/#post-31950</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 17 Sep 2014 02:23:34 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a> and <a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/pedant/' rel="nofollow">@Pedant</a>, Just to add, Moffat is the kind the writer that pays a lot of attention to detail. Of course not all details are significant or even those that are are often just reflections of what is happening. The significance that we read into things is by no means the reason it is there. Meaning is always going to be very subjective,&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-36010"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/6/#post-31950" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">761b7539f047edfcf39d2e42516f8704</guid>
				<title>IAmNotAFishIAmAFreeMan replied to the topic Listen in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/6/#post-31945</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 17 Sep 2014 00:35:28 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a></p>
<blockquote><p>The trouble with the writing is exactly that geoffers: ‘they do throw in too much stuff, just for effect here and there.’ And yes, they are professional writers and they should be making every minute count in the time they have to tell the tale.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>They’re far too complacent about their successes</p></blockquote>
<p>Ah, the old lazy writing meme given a fre&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-36005"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/6/#post-31945" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7df82cb66b03744bf329b7206014bcca</guid>
				<title>ScaryB replied to the topic Listen in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/6/#post-31928</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:29:59 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a> &#8211;</p>
<blockquote><p>They’re far too complacent about their successes</p></blockquote>
<p>I&#8217;ve not heard any interviews where Moffat or any of the creative team sound complacent.  The fact that Moffat&#8217;s scripts &#8220;unpack&#8221; to the detail they do suggests to me that there&#8217;s a lot of thought gone into all his work. Different writers write in different ways &#8211; some build fr&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-35987"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/6/#post-31928" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">56cf1e943c45ce0743e2235ff62fbc07</guid>
				<title>Bluesqueakpip replied to the topic Listen in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/6/#post-31927</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:27:17 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a> &#8211; Karen Gillan remarked that whenever she thought Steven Moffat had put in a line just for fun, it turned out to be a plot point three or four episodes later. 😉</p>
<p>Yes, there&#8217;s sometimes padding. However experienced a scriptwriter is, you&#8217;re never quite sure that time on the page will equate to time on the screen. It&#8217;s more usual to go&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-35986"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/6/#post-31927" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7a80c8dfa398226468adf0b2e0ef37d7</guid>
				<title>geoffers replied to the topic Listen in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/listen/page/6/#post-31909</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 16 Sep 2014 20:15:12 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/members/oblique/' rel="nofollow">@Oblique</a> &#8211; re: post 31905 &#8211; to every last detail? of course not. (and they do throw in stuff just for effect, here and there.) but with a general, overarching story in the background? absolutely. they are professional writers, and i (at least) believe they do a stellar job. i also believe moffat may have had some of this stuff in mind for years, now&#8230;</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">630e25c8b571efd792ce71c98416e2c8</guid>
				<title>Silverman replied to the topic Into the Dalek in the forum The Twelfth Doctor</title>
				<link>http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/into-the-dalek/#post-30713</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 30 Aug 2014 22:46:45 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Only two episodes in and I think Capaldi&#8217;s Doctor is &#8211; to borrow 9&#8217;s word-of-choice &#8216;fantastic&#8217;. I know we haven&#8217;t seen much of him &#8211; and I have nothing against Matt Smith&#8217;s portrayal &#8211; but I thought the whole episode was thoroughly entertaining from start to finish. I like this new, grumpier, colder Doctor &#8211; as many have said I&#8217;m not used to the&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-34477"><a href="http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/into-the-dalek/#post-30713" rel="nofollow">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
		
	</channel>
</rss>