Listen

Home Forums Episodes The Twelfth Doctor Listen

This topic contains 533 replies, has 106 voices, and was last updated by  winston 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 534 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

@bluesqueakpip

I think Moffat’s still slightly embarrassed about that scene – but between only having two actors allowed to speak and no props available except the typewriter, there really wasn’t much he could do. :twisted:

I know this is not your opinion, but one that some people have, and you were making another point.  But it was the first I’ve heard about it, so it surprised me that Moffat was embarrassed about that scene. 

I hope he makes more mistakes like that, since the typewriter scene was my favorite moment of the episode.  I don’t think it was a mistake at all.  Yes the creatures were advanced, but that just means they should be able to operate the typewriter that much easier.  I think it would be a mistake if advanced creatures couldn’t operate simple machines.

Anonymous @

@beezilla I think @serahni would love to battle you on that one! The Dr is the same person whether he’s a Tennant or a Smith. The Rose /Tennant romance was a bit of a ‘soap’ and gladly over.

I read that Capaldi wasn’t interested in a Tardis romance (thank god) and I would agree that whilst Clara was not fully developed in earlier series, she’s certainly showing a distinct capacity for cleverness; leadership; compassion and, as @pedant mentioned, is a “decisive teacher”.

Having seen the Doctor’s timeline I’m not surprised Clara wants to have “a normal human interaction [date]” rather than be zipping off at inopportune moments. Donna’s head was done in, Rose was lost in another universe and other BG companions disappeared into a void!  Travels with the Doctor aren’t always fun -see The God Complex.

Kindest,

purofilion

thommck @thommck

Good Morning 😀

Looks like it has been a very busy night on here, great to read all the new voices.

For those commenting on the Doctor finding Gallifrey – I think that is a mystery for the next 50 years (as Moffatt alluded to), it’s not going to be found anytime soon and we should probably forget about it for a bit.

The extra seat in Orson’s ‘ship’ – Funny that they put in an extra seat but no tumble-dryer (as Orson mentions in the ‘Extra’ clips) . I thought all clothes were meant to be self-cleaning by then anyway?

It got me thinking though, especially as something didn’t feel quite right in the atmosphere on the ship. Why would Orson write that message to himself, and why use a marker that can only  be seen at night? More likely, there was another person on the ship and someone was trying to pass the message on in a secret way.

What I’m thinking is the real Orson was captured by “The Monster” after opening the door. The Monster could have shape-shifting abilities to take on Orson’s appearance to enable him to get back to the past. Too far fetched?

I’m very suspicious of the whole Danny/Orson character. Clara seems to like him, and usually when things start going well fo a character it’s the lead up to a major boat-load of pain!

P.S. @bluesqueakpip What typewriter scene? I’ve got no idea what episode/aliens you are referring to!?

TheBrainOfMoffat @thebrainofmoffat

Probably The Empty Child, when the boy causes the typewriter in his mother’s/other children’s hiding place to operate.

wolfweed @wolfweed

z
    Rachael Stott

FiveFaces @fivefaces

A coincidence just struck me: on the Sunday after Listen was broadcast on TV, BBC Radio 4 Extra repeated one of the 8th Doctor’s radio adventures, Nevermore, which draws heavily from Edgar Allan Poe’s works, most obviously ‘The Raven’. This poem has a couple of echoes with the plot of Listen. First, there is a mysterious tapping at the door: when the narrator of the poem opens the door, he sees nothing outside (but there really is something there, and the raven later taps at a window and gains entry to the room). There’s also a point at which the narrator’s soul seems to be trapped in the raven’s shadow, which reminds me of the Doctor’s references to everyone having a shadow, and the monster in Listen (if, indeed, there is one) might be a kind of shadow to the people it haunts.

Pretty thin stuff, I’m sure, but I wonder if there was any connection between Listen and the decision to repeat this one of the radio adventures now. It made me wonder if there are any Poe references in other recent episodes. Have to admit, I can’t see any.

Serahni @serahni

@purofilion  After a day of school concerts, in which we performed the same 2.5 hours show three times, and having just crawled home at 11:30pm, I can safely say I am too tired to do battle.  *lol*  And I don’t mind people saying that they were disappointed when Tennant changed and wished he hadn’t, that’s sort of normal fandom, I think.  It’s the people that seem to honestly, genuinely believe that actors should be able to come back and take over the role as if this has suddenly turned into a daytime soapie, (Roman Brady isn’t dead, someone else is just playing him for a while and then the original person will come back!), that bug me.  I feel there’s a group within perhaps the newer fans that have missed out on the underlying ethos of the show being in constant motion and undergoing constant change and reinvention.  I get why they might try to apply their expectations from other shows onto Doctor Who, I just wish they wouldn’t.

@beezilla  So it’s okay, you’re entitled to your opinion and your sadness, no need to meet on the field at dawn.  LOL.  I’m still disappointed that Romana left so, you know, nothing changes.

wcasey5 @wcasey5

Why is the writing on the door only visible at night? Because that’s when people go to bed and get scared about things under the bed. So to find out what, who the monster is and stop it you have to go…………. wait for it…………. into darkness!

thommck @thommck

@wcasey5 I still don’t see why he would need to use UV paint! Why not just barricade the door or write on it with permanent marker?

wcasey5 @wcasey5

@thommck Good point! Maybe the monster wrote it because it can only see at night? IDK, I need more coffee my ideas are drying up!

DrBen @drben

@thommck – The more I think about it, the more suspicious I am about Orson Pink as well.  I’m not sure this was mentioned before (although I don’t recall seeing it), but doesn’t it seem odd that his mission went so colossally wrong?  You get in a time machine that is supposed to take you one week into the future (and, presumably, not move in space), and instead you end up, not merely at the very end of time, but on an entirely different planning?  That seems like an unbelievable cock-up, even by human standards.

It seems, instead, like the stated mission may have been a smokescreen.  One guy, but two chairs?  A supposedly stationary craft traveling light years?  Orson’s admittedly dodgy behavior?  Also, I have to watch it again, but I think that the Doctor’s only confirmation of Orson’s identity was from “footage” of his departure, which certainly could have been doctored or could otherwise have been not what it seemed to be.

Bonkers enough?

Arbutus @arbutus

@thebrainofmoffat     That is an interesting idea, and opens up area for further speculation about what regeneration energy actually is.  Is it like a blood transfusion? And what might it do if you get the wrong kind?

@serahni    Wow, that’s a workload! Hope the performances went well. Yes, it’s true that some fans have a harder time letting go. Me, I have my favourites, but I move on (as the Doctor himself has said). But I’m reminded of the same issue amongst James Bond fans. Some have their favourites. Others simply have no time for any Bond other than their Bond. Period. Worst Bond ever, etc. (And for every Connery purist out there, there seems to be someone who thought the early films were just a bore compared to insert name here‘s version.)

@thommck    I suppose it’s possible (though not probable, I image) that UV paint was all he had?

@drben    I’m pretty sure that if you got in a stationary time capsule that took you to the end of time, that the universe would have moved around you. Hence the completely different location. That’s why a successful time machine would have to work like a TARDIS, in that you would choose the position in time and space. A stationary capsule wouldn’t work on the “long haul” flights, as it were. And of course, they only meant for to move the equivalent of a single stop down the line!

DrBen @drben

@arbutus – A fair point, but I think we’re meant to ignore such things based on the logic of the show.  When the TARDIS pops forward or back a day or two, you don’t see the Doctor calculating where the planet will have moved to in its orbit by that time (although, of course, the TARDIS could be smart enough to make those calculations herself).  At any rate, I still think we’re not done with Orson Pink’s story.

Arbutus @arbutus

@drben     I have always assumed that the TARDIS does indeed do the heavy lifting in that regard. But Orson Pink is of course another matter, and there are lots of questions there!

wolfweed @wolfweed

…of being the Doctor

Mudlark @mudlark

@drben  @arbutus   In fact, assuming that time travel in the boring real universe were possible other than in the relativistic sense, even the shortest hop backward or forward in time would entail some pretty complex calculations to establish the exact spatial whereabouts of the destination. The earth is travelling at a pretty fast lick in orbit around the sun, the sun is moving within the galaxy, the galaxy is moving in relation to other galaxies (in the remote future our own galaxy and Andromeda are due to collide) and the universe itself is inflating.

To the Tardis this is no problem, because she does not perceive space time as we mortals do: she perceives the whole of spacetime and the universe at once, to the point where she cannot really distinguish between past and future, as was made clear in The Doctor’s Wife (and the Moment in Day of the Doctor had the same problem). So I imagine that to her time and space travel is not a lot more complex than it would be for us to walk from A to B once she has been told or has decided where/when to go.

DrBen @drben

@mudlark – I like it.  If time is simply the 4th dimension, then for the TARDIS to go from one point in time and space to another point in time and space is simply a matter of relocating to another point on a stationary 4-axis graph.

I suppose it’s sensible, going back to @arbutus ‘s original point, that we puny humans, who can only observe three dimensions at once, wouldn’t have the capacity for such calculations, and would seriously muck up a first attempt.

Mudlark @mudlark

@drben  Exactly 🙂

STRAAX @straax

A few things that are nagging me!!!

Why is the Doctor so rude about Clara’s appearance in this series – her big eyes, her makeup and that she has let herself go – loved when he called her Handles

Why is chalk such a big feature – from waking up in Deep Breath to the smell of chalk the Doctor is writing all over the place

Do we know if Orson wrote the message above the door??? Is it possible that the same ghost wrote “listen” on the board and also the message above the door on Orson’s ship?

Is it my imagination or are mirrors and reflections featured heavily??? Star burst in the daleks eyes, triple Doctor in Clara’s mirrors,  Furious mirrors  🙂

<span style=”color: #000000;”>A soldier so brave he doesn’t need a gun. He can keep the whole world safe. What should we call him.  Refers to the toy Ssoldier and the Doctor</span>

<span style=”color: #000000;”>Amuses me that they both come out from a box :-)</span>

Loving this series soooooooo much

wcasey5 @wcasey5

@straax just thought of something. The Doctor keeps talking about Clara’s eye being too far apart. The robots in the “robot of sherwood” has energy beams coming from between their eyes. IDK, just a thought.

STRAAX @straax

@wcasey5 – and they went into the Dalek via it’s eye 🙂

DrBen @drben

@straax – I’ll do my best.

Why is the Doctor so rude about Clara’s appearance in this series – her big eyes, her makeup and that she has let herself go – loved when he called her Handles

The Doctor has never been great at social niceties.  Twelve seems particularly uninterested in human things like tact.  What amuses me even more is his inept attempts at trying to be nice, like, “Good for you, make an effort.”

Why is chalk such a big feature – from waking up in Deep Breath to the smell of chalk the Doctor is writing all over the place

I don’t remember the reference in Deep Breath, but I think the chalkboards are part of Twelve’s thing.  Each Doctor has his particular anachronistic affectation — 11’s bow ties, the occasional typewriter on the TARDIS console, etc.  Twelve seems to be adopting a professorial attitude – like a distracted Oxford don with a temper.  Not just because of the chalkboards, but the bookshelves, and all the books stacked on the stairs of the control room.

Do we know if Orson wrote the message above the door??? Is it possible that the same ghost wrote “listen” on the board and also the message above the door on Orson’s ship?

I’ll have to watch again, but I don’t think we know for sure that Orson wrote the message – only the Doctor says so.  Personally, I think “listen” will be written by the Doctor in a later episode, but the message above the door is another weird thing that makes me suspicious about Orson Pink.

Is it my imagination or are mirrors and reflections featured heavily??? Star burst in the daleks eyes, triple Doctor in Clara’s mirrors,  Furious mirrors  🙂

A reference to this Doctor’s introspection, perhaps?  Finding out if he is or isn’t a good man can be accomplished only by looking within.

A soldier so brave he doesn’t need a gun. He can keep the whole world safe. What should we call him.  Refers to the toy Ssoldier and the Doctor.  Amuses me that they both come out from a box 🙂

Nice catch!  Two old soldiers in boxes.

Oblique @oblique

‘Of course it all fits together. We make sure it does’

Purofilion… that’s exactly my point.

It would take an impossible number of man hours to keep all those plates spinning, an costly too.

Writers write stories; they aren’t expected to be historians of the Dr Who, though granted, perhaps Mr. Moffet is able to cram his head full with minutiae,  but I doubt he’s laying clues that fans can autopsy for hidden significance.

His brief is to appeal to the widest possible audience; we’re talking Saturday night viewing folks, not niche, not cult; he’s not pandering to the fans, he’s far too busy.

I’m sorry, x

Spider @spider

@janetteb thats a very interesting thought about the rescuing of someone…but I’d love to see the meeting of the management where that was the reason for the adding of the chair.  Bearing in mind this (if i remember correctly) seems to be the first venturing into time travel as a serious prospect by humans. And that would be – can you fire someone into next week and they actually arrive there test. Not a full flung rescue mission. It just doesn’t tie in with what you do when prototyping first ideas. But,  I might just be applying to much of my Engineering brain at this plus my annoyance at management who seem to exist in order to prevent you from doing actual Engineering XD

On completely different matter. Various comments made me think about this more…and not sure if it’s been discussed earlier but If everyone has a shadow. Is the Doctor’s shadow Missy?

And if so, with what we saw in Listen that it is your own MIND playing tricks (or messing with you due to your own insecurities) then your shadow is perhaps your other darker self /reflection in your own head. For most people that shadow wouldn’t be too bad, but for the Doctor…BAD.

Tenuous links but that could fit in with: Mirror references: your own reflection. Shadow/darkness references: your own BAD reflection. In which case Missy is potentially a manifestation in the Doctor’s head of his own guilt…so basically, that’s heading into dreamlord territory.

OR, Missy is just a physical manifestation of a bad Mary Sue fan fiction where she is in league with the TARDIS saving all the people that sacrificed themselves for the Doctor so when she finally reveals herself to him she can show him nonone died! Rid him of ALL his guilt so he falls in love with her and travels all of time and space with her forever. XD. And if that happens I shall personally decapitate Steven Moffat with a spoon. 😉

(\(\;;/)/)

Anonymous @

@oblique no not at all. I did put in a smilie face!  So, no apologies, please!  You’re a very intelligent person. Keep on writing. I like your ideas about fandom and production -until this year I wasn’t part of the first and I’ve never been part of the second? Are you? Or would that be telling? 🙂 Kindest always, puro.

DrBen @drben

@spider

OR, Missy is just a physical manifestation of a bad Mary Sue fan fiction where she is in league with the TARDIS saving all the people that sacrificed themselves for the Doctor so when she finally reveals herself to him she can show him nonone died! Rid him of ALL his guilt so he falls in love with her and travels all of time and space with her forever. XD. And if that happens I shall personally decapitate Steven Moffat with a spoon.;)

Ha!  Well, I guess Moffat already had a go with fan fiction in Sherlock (three different explanations for The Fall), so stranger things have happened.  That’s funny though – Missy is an alien fangirl who grew up hearing of the Doctor’s exploits and has created an entire world in which she is the Mary Sue (Mary Sue -> MS -> Missy) who is so amazing that the Doctor can’t help but fall for her.  The comment about his accent (“I think I’ll keep it”) plays into the idea that she is creating (or thinks she is creating) his reality.

It could work!

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@oblique

Hmmm… do you not like this game we’re playing?

Anyway, you appear to make three assumptions. One is that the writers/production team never plan things out in detail – and we know from interviews that they do plan the more complex stuff out. For example, River Song’s arc took up an entire whiteboard in the production office. They have meetings. They have more meetings. They have a bloody great open plan office where they can talk to each other. 😉

Secondly, you’re assuming that the writers don’t enjoy these games themselves. That the fans are fans and the writers are writers, and ne’er the twain shall meet. But the writers may be professionals, but many of them are also fans. They did enjoy these games – and they’ve probably seen, say, Mawdryn Undead a time or three.

I’m told Mr Moffat’s party piece is to identify scenes from BG Who. Doctor, Story, Episode and scene. From, very often, one still. Neil Gaiman has said a couple of times that – compared to other stuff he does – Who simply isn’t that well paid. Peter Capaldi left a perfectly good job to come and be the Doctor.

Thirdly, you’re assuming that production teams aren’t creative and aren’t used to contributing to an idea or theme. Once you see the arc in totality, its plot requirement in the individual stories can often be boiled down to a sentence or two – then expanded upon by the writer. If the production team know the arc (and they do) they can add visual details. Similarly for sound, costume etc.

If, for example, the production team and commissioned writers know that the Doctor is being spied on, visual effects might suggest lots of close ups of eyes. Costume might bring in a dress for Jenna Coleman one ep. that looks like it’s covered in eyes. Props and sets might include lots of mirrors. Sound would plan for subliminally disturbing noises. The seemingly impossible number of hours needed to keep the plates spinning are split between the different teams.

These are professionals: that doesn’t mean they can’t enjoy their work. 🙂

@bluesqueakpip

Also, @oblique, setting aside that you appear to have moved the goal posts, you seem under the impression that the BBC is quite happy for a writer to rock up with a script and just head on down to Cardiff to shoot it.

That is not how the BBC works.

A good friend has had two, soon to be three, Afternoon Plays on Radio 4 – I consider her to be a total screaming genius, but that does not alter the fact that each play went through a process from “treatment” (outlines with a major plot points, theme and characters), through (once commissioned) first and then around a dozen drafts, then through the production process, casting etc. It took around a year for each story – and that is for a single drama on radio, where special effects are a tad more straightforward.

Appealing to the wide audience is the producer’s job. The most important part of that is keeping track of the story, whether it be single drama or serial storytelling.

janetteB @janetteb

@spider. I don’t think Orson was being sent to rescue Clara. I was suggesting that he may have had a personal mission which was opposed to his official mission and so he packed the extra chair and tampered with the destination accidentally sending the ship to the end of the universe. Not sure just how he would manage to sneak a spare chair into the capsule but he had a lot of clothes too, rather more than one would expect someone to need for one week. (Certainly a lot more than I would take with me,) though clearly the caspsule designers were not expecting him to be living in the capsule for that long as they did not provide him with a clothes dryer. (Of course the extra chair could simply have been put there by the set dressers so that Clara has somewhere comfy to sit when talking to the Doctor)

Have just watched a third time. I am not getting tired of this episode. Something did strike me as an odd possibility, maybe it is Orson under the red blanket. Red blanket, red spacesuit. Either it is twin brother Orson playing a prank or time travelling Orson visiting his ancestor. He can’t been seen because that would break all the laws of time.

If the Doctor in the future pops back and writes Listen on the blackboard then he is trying to warn his past self. Listen to what? Clara? or there is a hidden presence either in his head, in Clara’s head or in the Tardis and that might be Missy. I love this episode because it throws up so many questions. Every time i watch it I catch new ones yet it works as a stand alone story too but I have always liked stories that don’t answer all the questions and leave the viewer/reader to fill in the answers. Moffat certainly likes to get the viewer exercising the grey cells..

Cheers

Janette

thommck @thommck

@janetteb, @spider I re-watched most of Listen last night and I noticed that Orson’s time machine is actually called a Time Shot (it is even written on the walls of the ship). This implies it was meant to just jump to one place and never make a return journey. I suppose they would have had some contingency plan if it ‘shot’ too far, i.e. extra clothes, rations.

I also intently watched the scene with Rupert, where the ‘thing’ is under the red blanket. When the blanket is pulled away it doesn’t really look human,  although it does have rather angry eyebrows and a wider than normal face!

Also, I noticed how Rupert says “It took my blanket!”. Originally I thought that was just a funny line but now I’m wondering/hoping we might see the blanket again at a later date. I thought it might appear in Orson’s Time Shot but I couldn’t see it there.

I also noticed Clara loves to hug a cup of tea.

Clara + Tea, Clara-tea, Clarity!?

janetteB @janetteb

@thommck I know exactly why Clara likes to hug her mug of tea; the same reason I like to hug my coffee mug. Jenna Coleman really, really feels the cold. Whenever I see set pictures she is bundled up in a huge coat while others are wearing light shirts. The way she was standing below the window also showed that she knows what it means to suffer from the cold, and she was wearing a rather skimpy dress.

It is hard to tell if the face is human or not. I paused on it yesterday morning. It doesn’t like quite human but that could be a trick of the light and the blurring effect, very deliberately done so we cannot be entirely sure.

Interesting re’ the “Time Shot.” Very early days for time travel then. I think I can still work my (or that particular one of my many) theory around that. He was still going forward in time to rescue someone. He did not necessarily intend to return to his own time. However, as I said, the chair was probably just there so Clara could sit and chin wag with the Doctor or as some other very clever person noted many posts ago, because she told Danny he should ask for an extra chair and having two chairs rather than just one has become a family tradition.

Cheers

Janette

wcasey5 @wcasey5

I don’t know how to flesh this out, and I’ve put a grand total of 3 seconds thought into this theory. Clara went into ALL the doctors time streams to save him in “the name of the doctor”. In other words, Clara is like a shadow to all the doctors saving him from death. What if the monster is Clara? What if Ru-dan-son (just made that up) is there to save Clara? Remember the burnt things in “journey to the center of the tardis” when doc-11 said that the thing was Clara and that she died again.

nick1235 @nick1235

Hey guys, i don’t know where to post this, but BBC just release the introduction to time heist, since the next episode forum/discussion isn’t up yet, here’s a sneak peek.

Phaseshift edit : See @wolfweed post at http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/trailers/trailers-doctor-who-series-8/comment-page-2/#comment-2906. Please keep all discussion there. Many thanks.

I know probably lots of you guys have watch it, but just to share the information that don’t know about this yet. Sorry for the off topic.

Anonymous @

Those claiming it’s not the same barn….It is but the barn is way older by at least a thousand years…the upper level gone and so on.

It is the same barn and that was the Doctor.

Anonymous @

Who was under the blanket when they where at the window?

Spoilers…

It was Strax.

We will see Strax on the bed trying to get the blanket on him in time to not be seen. It’s all them in their own time line doing stuff relating to a future episode.  That is what Listen was about. Well in part.

It was Strax which makes what the Doctor said about not looking even funnier.

Vastra at some other point and so on. all for a future episode.

Again..spoiler and no point in disagreeing with me…It was Strax…the Sontaran.  It was Sontaran for sure.

I don’t work for BBC nor know anyone on that show and there’s no leaks as of this writing anyway.

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@nick1235 – it should have gone in the trailers section. Some people don’t like trailers or coming soons, so we have a separate area for them.

@phaseshift, @craig, @jimthefish, @fatmaninabox – if any of you can tear yourselves away from the telly (or are you at results parties?), could you move it?
    Ta.

Anonymous @

SPOILER ALERT –

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="843"]It's Strax Strax was under the blanket.[/caption]

As I said..the entire thing is them back in their own time line setting stuff up for a future episode. Strax on bed trying to get blanket on him.

Vastra at another point and so on.  This will be revealed soon.  It was STRAX the Sontaran.

So was Strax doing something with Clara’s pocket? Or swapping something..taking something or giving something?

idiotsavon @idiotsavon

@rickgreen
    For a bonkers theoriser you seem incredibly sure of yourself. I am instantly suspicious. You could be a disgruntled BBC employee. Or perhaps an un(der)-paid intern blowing the whistle?? In any case, if you turn out to be right, I will immediately suspect you of foul play, and try to forget everything you just said…

And if you turn out to be wrong… well, GOOD. 😉

Luckily, I know the real truth of the matter… So here it is. The truth of the matter… ‘****MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT****… None of Dr Who ever happened. It’s all an invention of the hive-mind of a particularly busy ant colony… On Neptune… And the ants are the size of houses, and incredibly clever… They tumble-dry their clothes on windmills, their legs have a doctorate each, and their antennae are mini-tardises… And they’re all called JR Ewing.
    Seriously though, if your comment is anything but conjecture it belongs in Spoilers or in quarantine 🙂
    x

This will be revealed soon…

🙂 🙂 x

Anonymous @

LOL. I am right but I’m not associated with the BBC. I am in Texas in the USA.  No leaked materials or anything.  I’m not Bonkers. I am right.

I didn’t realize about the spoiler section until after the fact.

I do not know anyone working on the program and if I did they would not tell me.

I am right.

thommck @thommck

@RickGreen If you don’t work for the show then how could you possibly know your are correct? As we’ve seen as recently as the Robots of Sherwood episode, things can be changed a few days before actual broadcast.

It doesn’t look anything like Straxx and your theory doesn’t even make sense. He can’t time travel and if he could he wouldn’t be sneaking around under blankets, he’d be blasting in through the window!

You don’t get points on here for guessing correctly, that’s why we call it “theorising”

Anonymous @

It is Strax and my theory will make sense in a future episode.  I am not guessing.  I’m not theorizing. I’m not that clever really.   No conjecture here.   There’s stuff going on between frames so to speak that will be revealed in a later episode.   Think of it like how stuff was going on between frames in Back to the Future.

I’m sure I’ll get a lot of this for weeks.

Anonymous @

@thommck you know that fabreeze? Can you do the Listen’ room’ too?  Thank you! Purofilion

Anonymous @

@thommck I’m not guessing. I didn’t have to.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@nick1235 @bluesqueakpip

@nick1235 – I’ve edited the content from your post and placed a link in place to a comment by @wolfweed on the Trailers blog. We can’t move posts between Forums and blogs because the systems are slightly different. It’s here and any discussion on the trailer/preview can be accomodated here because the discussion will be blanked from the activity thread. Many thanks.

http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/trailers/trailers-doctor-who-series-8/comment-page-2/#comment-2906

@bluesqueakpip, I’ll republish the trailers thread so it appears on the homepage.

thommck @thommck

@purofilion 😀

Anonymous @

@thommck that is gorgeous!  I need a gown like that one. I wonder if Orson had sleep wear? Clearly, being ‘Time Shot’ (well spotted) he didn’t bring or need a razor!

I always assumed should time travel be a reality, that after the inevitable and hopefully successful chicken or dog time-jump, wouldn’t you then build a very small capsule -not as small as an actual police box -but streamlined and just large enough to move around in? This is why I guess there were two people in the ship –eventually. It just seems too large and messy!

IDK, something bothers me about that. I was all a-flutter about Danny Pink and the exchange of Dan Dolls and not paying attention to chairs and what not! Kindest, puro.

janetteB @janetteb

If Orson was being “time shot” into next week then why would he need so much baggage? He not only has a very hefty, well filled bag, but all the washing left hanging about the capsule. He looks to me as though he has more than a week’s allowance of baggage to time travel forward one week. Something is rotten in the state of the time shot capsule me thinks or is it just that I am a very light traveller and don’t understand how other humans operate..:-)

Cheers

Janette

Rob @rob

@Opaque

Your angle of attack is not that original,  see earlier post #098965

I will post it later in the story arc

wcasey5 @wcasey5

Orson wouldn’t have had to pack anything for a time shot into next week. If it took him a week to travel a week, that’s not really time travel is it? All he would have to do is wash the clothes at his residence before he left, then change as soon as he got there in a few seconds. Unless he has a phobia about week old washed clothes. The capsule would disappear then re-appear a week later in the same spot. There is something up with the capsule.

DrBen @drben

@RickGreen – I don’t know if you’re joking or not, but the thing on the bed is entirely the wrong shape to be Strax.  The head is too narrow.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 534 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.