Series 8 Speculation/Wishlist

Home Forums General Series 8 Speculation/Wishlist

This topic contains 227 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  wolfweed 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 201 through 228 (of 228 total)
  • Author
    TristaBehr @tristabehr

Hey, check out this facebook fan page for fun updates and reviews and discussions on episodes! https://www.facebook.com/shhhhhspoilers

wolfweed @wolfweed
    bjweric @bjweric

The word in Wales is that… we may have a new companion. “Doctor…  YOU KNOW NOTHING.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/game-thrones-actress-rose-leslie-7632501

janetteB @janetteb

Still waiting for the official announcement however I think it would be be fitting to cast a Welsh actor in the role when Clara does leave. I would also like to see a break from the modern day, family on the estate, kind of character, so maybe a welsh girl from the time of Glyn Dyr or a future/off worlder. I’m assuming that Peter Capaldi’s choice of Susan as the companion from the past he would most prefer is purely a random reply to a random question but I can see why he would make that choice. Perhaps he will encounter the Doctor’s Daughter’s daughter at some point and take her roaming the universe.

Cheers

Janette

bjweric @bjweric

@janetteb – for what it’s worth, I think Katherine Jenkins could successfully manage a x-over. She HAS been on Doctor Who before.

janetteB @janetteb

Having only seen her in the Christmas Special she did seem a little too saintly for a full time companion but I guess it is all dependant upon the characterisation and acting ability.

Cheers

Janette

Anonymous @

@janetteb @bjweric – That’s an interesting list of potential candidates for the next companion (if Jenna is leaving).

The name that stood out for me was Thomas Sangster who played Tim in Human Nature/The Family of Blood. I think it’s time for both a non-modern day and a male companion so perhaps he could reprise his role and meet up with The Doctor again after World War I has ended.

Anonymous @

@bjweric — Oh Christ, no, not Rose Leslie. I really, really don’t like her. I am starting to think that the silence from the Beeb on this matter means that it’s almost certainly true.

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@jimthefish

Silence from the BBC suggests it’s still ‘under negotiation’ rather than a done deal. The only reason for them to remain silent if it is a done deal is that the deal includes the point at which it will be made public.

I would imagine that her contract always went up to the 2014 Christmas Special in case Peter Capaldi didn’t work out and they had to use the final episode of Series 8 for another regeneration and needed Clara to be cross-over companion again. Moffat certainly planned all the exit-points for his previous cast.

Post Christmas Special, assuming Capaldi is staying, she either leaves or they re-negotiate the contracts. So it could be this is a planned exit, or still-ongoing negotiations are being blown up into ‘definitely leaving’.

Anonymous @

@bjweric @janetteb @jimthefish @bluesqueakpip

I don’t know if it’s connected to the rumour of Jenna leaving but Doug MacKinnon posted this rather cryptic message on Twitter earlier…

As it’s the 19th August today I assume he means 18th September.

Anonymous @

@bluesqueakpip — yes, that’s all quite plausible and I agree that Moffatt does have exit points for his companions carefully worked out (although we only really have Amy to work from here so that might be over-stretching things) but I’d say that if it was a negotiations ongoing thing then we’d have got the bog-standard ‘there are no plans at this moment‘ line. Absolute silence suggests to that they have a line prepared that they know they’re going to take but have to sit on for the time being.

I believe Eccleston’s departure was rumbled by his agent putting him up for a job and someone putting two and two together. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this story has come about in a similar way.

Anonymous @

@fatmaninabox — yes, that’s interesting. curiouser and curiouser…. (I am assuming he’s not talking about the referendum)…

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@fatmaninabox @jimthefish We may have to wait until October 18th. That’s the date of the 9th episode – directed by Mackinnon. It’s title is also interesting but not going to post it here. If you want to know episode titles they are here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/New-Series-All-the-Episode-Titles-and-More

Of course he could really be talking about the referendum.

Anonymous @

@craig, @fatmaninabox — well, he does tweet and retweet often on the subject of the referendum, but maybe we are in fact set for a mid (ish) season surprise….

galliFRO @gallifro

omfg, @JimTheFish Rose Leslie as a companion would make me so happy.

Anonymous @

@gallifro — Fair enough. Different strokes and all that. Personally I found her one of the more irksome things about the last couple of seasons of Game of Thrones. Also not sure they’d go for another red-headed Scot quite so soon…

galliFRO @gallifro

@jimthefish Truth on the redhead thing but the screen incarnation of Ygritte being a stain on the asoiaf-verse has nothing to do with the actor imho.

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@jimthefish – looking at Jenna Coleman’s interview on the official page – and it’s on the official page, so this is a planned release of information – there is a definite ‘possible exit line’.

Fairly similar to Susan’s exit line, which may not be coincidental. 😉 Whatever’s going on, this isn’t a sudden ‘by mutual agreement’; they’re either drip feeding information to make the audience think that the possibility of Clara leaving the TARDIS is a real one …

… or she’s leaving the TARDIS. Either way, this ain’t some unexpected event – it’s been planned long enough for Moffat to have written it into the whole of Series 8.

(I’ll be interested to see if we can spot a ‘Peter Capaldi in-case-of-emergency’ exit point for the end of Series 8, in the same way that you can spot a ‘Matt Smith in-case-of-emergency’ exit point for Series 5.)

wolfweed @wolfweed

bjweric @bjweric

@gallifro: me too. Rose Leslie sounds like a solid cast choice, though I would have seriously have preferred it if it was Jenna and Rose side by side.

@bluesqueakpip: hmmm Peter Capaldi… Not working out? Hard to imagine, though that’s a good point about emergency escape ejections…

galliFRO @gallifro

Hey @bjweric can I get you guys’ opinions on this infographic I made for my marketing class? It’s kind of still heavily a work in progress. What do you guys think? http://www.qprism.com/doctor-who-doctors-timeline/

bjweric @bjweric

@gallifro – looks good… might be the wrong thread for this though, eh? I’ll PM you.

Brewski @brewski

@fatmaninabox

I think it’s time for both a non-modern day and a male companion

I agree!   Only I think it should be Matthew Waterhouse playing Driccy, the evil N-Space counterpart of Adric.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Episode 2 will air @ 7.30pm GMT

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Anonymous @

Just a word of advice for anyone looking for the Doctor Who game on Youtube. If you have an Ad Blocker, you’ll need to disable as the game itself is an advert on the main page.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

The Doctor Who fan who created the show’s new titles
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28871058

Also:
    Watch out for the cbbc trailer (slight variation)
    And #CapalDay on twitter

Viewing 28 posts - 201 through 228 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘Series 8 Speculation/Wishlist’ is closed to new replies.