Series 8 Speculation/Wishlist

Home Forums General Series 8 Speculation/Wishlist

This topic contains 227 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  wolfweed 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 228 total)
  • Author
    ScaryB @scaryb

@blenkinsopthebrave

Thanks for the spoilers page spoiler warning – I usually keep off it, but it gets very tempting when you see lots of activity there. I will continue to resist. (My rule of thumb is if it passes the @bluesqueakpip test then it’s OK)

Ah, a wee cameo return of  Ian would be great – I shall hold you personally responsible if it doesn’t happen. I haven’t given up hope on Canton yet, unlikely as it seems. A girl needs to have dreams!

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

The BBC has released another teaser.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0225wyr

wolfweed @wolfweed

@bluesqueakpip – Cool teaser!
    z

It can also be found by sticking www. in front of youtube.com/watch?v=LbX4tNG_k3s

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@bluesqueakpip, @wolfweed

Davros? Or…to me it sounded more like the Dalek in the jar in the parliament of the Daleks in “Asylum of the Daleks”. In other words, the David Cameron of the Daleks.

Anonymous @

Has there been a speculation at all as far as Clara having more malign intent? Though unknowingly?

As Impossible Girl, she was able to restore the Doctor’s life that the ‘Great Mind’ (s0rry, Mind Blank about his real name!) had attempted to destroy. I’m wondering if she has some Master -like qualities: if, after, finding her way out The Doctor’s timeline, she collected some ‘bits’ of ‘nasty’ which will eventually start to leak out -much like the TARDIS leaks on the ‘outside’ on Trenzalore.

On a matter mentioned above, I recall them walking about (no spoiler here) with the same boots which inspires me to believe that the boots are some ‘honesty’ shoe or a way they can easily identify one another should there be a problem to overcome?

Maybe they will be walking on a planet -which sounds like a good idea; being somewhere that isn’t earth (fairly quickly please) and the ground requires a ‘gravity boot’?? Something the Dr can usually find in his alphabetically/chronologically ordered ‘boxes’?

Kindest, puro

ScaryB @scaryb

Oooh, good trailer. It’s all looking a bit firey in the TARDIS tho. And the voice is in the TARDIS too…?

<goes and finds secret space under the sofa… this could be very scary indeed!>

wolfweed @wolfweed

@blenkinsopthebrave  Some people are saying it sounds like the Big Finish Dalek Time Controller…

Whoever it was was presumably wearing a mono-ocular version of these:

z

matthutch96 @matthutch96

So far this series looks amazing! Teasers have been fantastic, if it is Davros, why is he back?

Also SPOILER ALERT

<removed by Phaseshift – see below>

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@matthutch96

Hi, and welcome to the site. I’ve just removed the last section of your post. If you want to discuss anything spoiler related, I’d suggest you post in the dedicated spoiler section (link to it here). It hides information from the activity feed automatically.

Many thanks.

wolfweed @wolfweed

The first 5 Episodes of season 8 have been leaked. Whoops! Both scripts and actual episodes are understood to have been compromised after being sent to the BBC Worldwide office in Miami, where they were due to be translated for the Latin America market. The BBC is trying (& failing) to achieve a near simultaneous global release of the series, including broadcasts on BBC Entertainment throughout the region.

The links and cache are now deleted but beware! The cat’s out of the bag!
    z

ScaryB @scaryb

@wolfweed

Thanks for the spoiler warning. Oh my, that’s a bit of a  f*ck up. Again. Wasn’t it BBC Worldwide who leaked Name of the Doctor… or maybe that was  the merchandising dept.  Moffat should think about using Philip Morris’s security system – that seems pretty watertight!!

Someone needs to invent the equivalent of Zaphod Beeblebrox’s “danger specs” for Dr Who – set to go completely dark 3 seconds before any spoilery Who articles appear on newsfeeds/search engine results etc.

(It’s going to be a stressful 47 days for us spoiler-phobes! Grud on a greenie, this isn’t good for my heartses!)

wolfweed @wolfweed

@scaryb

Big f*ck up…

Run to your caves! (I might join you)
    z

@wolfweed – thanks for the warning.

Spoiler-free details are now on BBC news online. I particularly liked the dry comment “The scripts … are marked ‘private and confidential’. 🙁

That’s 47 days of avoiding the Guardian … anybody got a bunker I could rent out?

I-LOVE-THE-TARDIS @i-love-the-tardis

Just saying I think they should have another one of those easter eggs like in The Day Of The Doctor when Tom Baker was in at the end.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    ScaryB @scaryb

@wolfweed

Thanks for the pics. The Doctor’s looking very much like your worst date nightmare! Posh venue, you’ve got your best dress on, taken hours with your hair – and he turns up looking like he’s just spent the weekend at Glastonbury!

(And is that a pan galactic gargleblaster that Sanjeev’s holding…? 😉 )

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@wolfweed @scaryb

That certainly looks pan-galactic gargle blaster-ish to me.

Delighted to see Sanjeev though. We near completing another comedy set, this time from Goodness Gracious Me. We’ve had Meera Syal (Hungry Earth/Cold Blood) and Nina Wadia (Eleventh Hour). We just need Kulvinder Ghir to call house!

I just hope Sanjeev gets the time to record an extra, in which he has the opportunity to explain why Doctor Who is Indian!

If he can make the Queen Indian – anything goes.

wolfweed @wolfweed

If you’ve ever seen a rough cut of a show, especially one that relies on CGI, you’ll know – don’t watch. It’s like trying to drive a Ferrari that’s only got the frame and the engine.

Possibly Peter Capaldi should just have admitted he’s the Thirteenth Doctor … shall we all hope this is his ‘Apollo 13’ moment? 😈

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@wolfweed

What?! An entire episode? (even if it is a rough-cut episode)

This is why you should never sub-contract.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Fast for forty days and nights in the Desert. During this time, Satan will appear to you and tempt you. Refuse each temptation. Satan will depart and Angels will come and bring nourishment to you…

z

wolfweed @wolfweed

Apparently, episode 2 has now been leaked online…
    z

wolfweed @wolfweed

Beware – Screengrabs from the 1st ep also now online…

If you have a pair of @scaryb ‘s danger specs, now’s the time to wear them!
    z

@wolfweed – I was reading the Radio Times website last night, and they were saying that there were five video files on the server in question. So someone, very likely, has the first five episodes.

The Radio Times also said – how true it is, I dunno, but I’d guess they still have the contacts even if they are no longer BBC in-house – that Doctor Who wasn’t the only show to have their scripts and videos hacked. Doctor Who is just the most high-profile. Other scripts include The Musketeers and Call The Midwife.

Basically, it sounds like most of the BBC’s autumn line up.

ScaryB @scaryb

Just to say big thanks to @wolfweed @craig @phaseshift @jimthefish @fatmaninabox for all their efforts to keep us spoiler free in the forum. This is now the only place I’m looking for DW news and I’m so glad it’s here.

The rest of the time I’m wearing my danger specs – which makes surfing the net a bit complicated 😎

I 100% agree with @bluesqueakpip‘s warning about rough cuts and pre-FX versions. That’s not a spoiler, it’s not cooked yet. RESIST everyone 😉

Though I’m slightly worried about @wolfweed‘s warning –

Satan will depart and Angels will come and bring nourishment to you…

You mean…?

wolfweed @wolfweed

@scaryb  –  Simply put,
    z

Brewski @brewski

@scaryb, your clip above made me think of a cool thing I’d like to see:

Weeping Angel Hunters!  You can track them,  watch their movements,  with strobe lights!

Like animating a movie.  😀

Anonymous @

@brewski you gotta add disco lights! Still, if you record them (by tracking them)  then the thing which records it becomes it..or something like that… puro.

Brewski @brewski

@purofilion no, not a recording.  Live strobe lights that flicker 1000 times faster than a human blink.  So you can “see” the angels moving in what would look like stop-action motion.

Anonymous @

@brewski  ah, brilliant, I get it now (1000 blinks too late and I’m dead or whisked back to 1966 -not a bad year, for some)

Kindest, puro (I see we are getting some great bonkers theories back and I need to seriously warm up -doing sit ups and push ups as we write)

Brewski @brewski

@purofilion You are too kind(est).

This one isn’t a theory.  It’s on the dialog wishlist…

• Doctor: I thought we’d pop over to MET-a-BEE-lis Three.

Clara: I thought it was pronounced Meh-TEB-a-lis.

Doctor: (Shrugs.) Pa-tah-toe, pa-tah-toe.

WhoGirl @whogirl

I was devastated to hear that some fool had ‘lost’ the first 5 episodes of the new series. I’d always commended DW on how it kept everything under wraps in this day and age, where everything is shared and nothing is secret. Will be avoiding parts of the internet for the next month!
    Liking the Sanjeev Bhaskar casting, and would definitely like to try that cocktail he’s holding…

Juniperfish @juniperfish

Holy chameleon circuits <the J-fish catches up after life in the slow lane>

I didn’t realise video cuts as well as scripts had been leaked.

Half the fun is watching, not just with Auntie Beeb, but along with all the other fans – why would you want to time travel this one?

Tsk tsk – avaunt spoilers, avaunt!

Anonymous @

hmm…I think I will be quite happy to let the Capaldi era unwind as it may….although, the tardis based amnesia needs to be shortlived…I welcome any and all of the standard who baddies to make an appearance BUT I think the Silence will be the main antaganist for Doctor #8 ….I can hardly wait till River see’s her hubby in this incarnation ( although she probably already has somewhere, sometime )  and a more detailed history of Clara would be most welcome

Anonymous @

ah @Recky  I thought the Silence’ time had ended. but, really, River?  No,  think she has said all her goodbyes and won’t be returning. Ever. I loved her. But one may love her more for not returning!  Time for someone new IMO.  Clara, yes, she’s a mystery still. Kindest, p.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Brewski @brewski

Wish-listing again!

I have been watching the classics just to fill the void.  Specifically, I just watched the very first Dalek ep.  And it got me to thinking (and if this has already been done anywhere, someone please let me know!):

How about a story where the Doctor encounters the Daleks BEFORE they mutated?  Were they humanoid?  The original story says they were beautiful and artistic people!

Would the Doctor even recognize who they were?  And what if he did something truly awful – like inadvertently lead to their eventual mutation?

Thoughts?

FiveFaces @fivefaces

@brewski By a strange coincidence, I had been watching The Daleks recently, for much the same reason, and was struck by the very same thought. Were the original Kaleds these beautiful philosophers and artists, as the Thals say they were?

But then I think of Genesis of the Daleks, and I suppose that maybe this was something the Thals were misremembering, or it had become a false myth. Because surely Genesis suggests that the original Kaleds were basically, well, Nazis. I know the Nazis had a philosophy, and were into aesthetics, but surely no-one would remember them, or the Kaleds, as a beautiful and artistic people.

On the other hand, maybe there’s a story to the Thal-Kaled war that happens before Genesis of the Daleks?

Whisht @whisht

@brewski and @fivefaces – Nice to hear some bonkers – cheers!

Really like that idea (that the Doctor may have caused the Daleks in some way).

It’d be nice almost as a “I can’t prevent this (thing) happening – its a fixed point”

and then we see him catch sight of another Tardis floating in space also watching the event and we realise he’s been back to that moment more than once; witnessing but never getting the courage or madness to interfere.

Anonymous @

also…let me add that since this is a slightly darker Doctor…how about, sometime, the War Doctor gets another guernsey…Capaldi playing off Hurt would be amazing…but thats just me

Anonymous @

wait a second….another thought just occured…since the Time Lords granted him another extra re-generation…its only fair that they bump heads a time or three

Brewski @brewski

@fivefaces I love it when others are thinking the same thing at the same time! It’s always nice to know I’m not the only lunatic around.  😛

I think “Genesis” rewrote the original history a bit with the addition of Davros to the story.  But IIRC he just excellerated the mutations that had already begun with the war with the Thals.

I was imagining going back much further in time.  Before any war had changed them.  When they were still much more ideological.

One needn’t think of Nazi’s as ever having been artists and philosophers.  The Germany of the Weimar Republic was a pretty progressive place.  It was the rise of the Nazis that changed the German people.

I guess maybe I’m saying “let’s get a look at the Weimar Daleks”! 😀

Anonymous @

@brewski  – indeed the German people with the Enlightenment behind them and the Sturm und Drung (sic) -Storm and Stress – period around them, created some unbelievable works of art and music. Whatever one may think of Wagner, the music had enormous potential and showed the world how music could be a ‘world’ in and of itself. German artists of the time were also incredibly progressive (as you said). I enjoy your theorising about the Dalek’s mutation being an inadvertent creation of the Doctor. Spending so much ‘time’ in the Void and in the timelock would give them a period in which to think and perhaps recall a less hideous moment: maybe one or another dalek hit on some memories which have a catastrophic effect?

Kindest and good to hear your theorising once again and after a long break, purofilion

FiveFaces @fivefaces

@brewski I think the concept of ‘Weimar Daleks’ is brilliant. I’d be up for Kantian Kaleds too.

Whisht @whisht

y’know @brewski and @fivefaces , there are some on this forum who’ve been speculating about the likelihood of a musical episode of Doctor Who (as other shows have done, especially Buffy).

And now I think you have it – Doctor Who meets Cabaret.

perhaps as…

“The Cabaret of Doctor Caligari Who”.*

🙂

(* either that or “Springtime for Davros”)

Brewski @brewski

@Whisht I LOVE it!  Much better than my idea: “Guys and Daleks”.

bjweric @bjweric

@purofilion – I don’t think Clara has any dark intentions per se, not at least where I think Moffat is piloting the plot towards.

@whisht – 

If this is anything to go by, I expect a Beatles-themed ep soon. 😛

wolfweed @wolfweed

Series 8 episode titles officially revealed…
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/New-Series-All-the-Episode-Titles-and-More
    z

DWM 477 out on Thursday…

z

wolfweed @wolfweed
    janetteB @janetteb

Interesting episode titles. Thanks for the link @wolfweed.

Cheers

Janette

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘Series 8 Speculation/Wishlist’ is closed to new replies.