Series 8 Speculation/Wishlist

Home Forums General Series 8 Speculation/Wishlist

This topic contains 227 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  wolfweed 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 228 total)
  • Author
    PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

The New Doctor (link to Next Doctor thread) is confirmed, but what do you think/hope Series 8 will bring? Will River Song be back? Will time still be wimey? And what are the plot points that can carry forward to Series 8? Will we, for instance, discover who put Clara in contact with the Doctor?

This thread can be used to discuss official BBC announcements on Series 8. Any other news source should be discussed on the spoiler thread (link) in accordance with our etiquette policy.

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

Wot, no speculation yet? Tut.

Okay, to start us off. The Doctor won’t be able to remember how to fly the TARDIS. However, that charger we saw in The Time of The Doctor will continue to return us to just outside Clara’s flat.

Either that, or the lessons in TARDIS flying that we saw Clara start in Journey to the Centre of The TARDIS carried on off-screen, and she’s the ruddy pilot… but I think we’re going to have at least something of a shout-out to the Doctor not being able to control where he’s going.

pah1971 @pah1971

ok  Gallifrey   will finally be seen as it is frozen in time and The Doctor choose not to blow it up.

Clara will be with this new Doctor for 1 season and a new companion will be seen.

we will finally get to see the wedding of River Song and the Doctor.

All new places visited will help the doctor to get home.

also since jack harkness is the face of Boa dear mr. moffat please bring him back thank you.
    <div class=”copyIcon copy0″ style=”display: none; left: 885px; top: 157px;”></div>
    <div class=”pasteIcon paste0″ style=”display: none; left: 552px; top: 156px;”></div>
    <div class=”notifyIcon” style=”display: none;”></div>

Anonymous @

nope I hope Jack has had his day. He was great in the first season with Eccelston, after that, he wore thin -for me. I agree with @bluesqueakpip that Clara may well be the pilot but for a few minutes only. After that, some memories should come back for the Doctor. He’ll go home to Gallifrey, but not this season I think. Kindest, purofilion

janetteB @janetteb

After all the hype of the anniversary year I am happy this year to wait for what ever the series brings. I hope that Capaldi will be as brilliant as we expect him to be. I still would like to find out who the woman in the shop was who gave Clara the Doctor’s number. I suspect now that was just a throwaway line but if we keep asking Moffat may throw us a narrative bone to keep us happy. I hope we see more of Madame Vastra and co but the one thing I really hope for is to meet up with Ian given that Clara is now teaching at Coal Hill.

Cheers

Janette

The Krynoid Man @thekrynoidman

I’m hoping for more stories set on other planets, or at least more UNIT stories so we have a reason for The Doctor to be constantly hanging around modern day earth.

janetteB @janetteb

@thekrynoidman Agreed. Definitely more Unit Stories. I hope that Kate Lethbridge-Stewart will be another recurring character. I think that the odd recurring character gives weight and depth to the story, provided of course that they are well developed characters. I also like the “other worldly” stories.

Cheers

Janette

@thekrynoidman

Some more UNIT stories would be good. I notice that they reminded us, in The Day of The Doctor, that the Doctor technically still has a job with UNIT.

Hmmm… I dare say the Doctor will remember how to fly the TARDIS, but it might be fun if he was kinda-stuck on 21st Century Earth because he can’t. Was that pre-programmed return device to Clara’s time a one-off, or was it foreshadowing? He keeps coming back there because it’s the only place he’s certain he can get to?

That would fit with the ‘Pertwee vibe’ we keep getting from Capaldi’s costume and publicity photos.

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

First, whishlist:

I am keen that they return to the premise of not being able to change time. This was a cardinal rule at the beginning, and something I have always believed constituted a core element of the show. It was first explored “The Aztecs” and dealt with in many other early stories. More recently, it was done to perfection in “Vincent and the Doctor” ( and a side wish to my wishlist is to get back Richard Curtis to write another story, although who knows if he could recapture the lightning in the bottle of that story). But, please, no more spaceships crashing into Big Ben, or giant Cyber Kings trampling over Victorian London. Moffat was clever enough to find a way around that when he took over, with the play on memory. But I would really like the whole notion of non-intervention in time to come back front and centre.

UNIT: while there is definitely an appeal to featuring them, I am a bit concerned that it could “domesticate”the Doctor, somewhat. The Doctor was originally a rebel, and the problem with UNIT during the years of The 3rd Doctor in particular was that he was too much a figure of the Establishment. Moffatt captured the Doctor’s antagonism to authority well in the Angels two-parter in S5, (even though it did not feature UNIT) And, for, me, that antagonism to authority is part of who the Doctor is, and so I think UNIT should be treated sparingly.

Timelords and Gallifrey: I think Gallifrey should stay “out there” (for the reason Gattis explained in a link upstream somewhere), but I do hope we get to see at least one other Timelord to compare the Doctor to. It might be the Master, or it might be a character  like the Meddling Monk (not the Meddling Monk as such, but a flawed TimeLord).

The Doctor: now that we have an older actor, we have the possibility to change the whole dynamic of the Doctor. I really hope that Moffat takes full advantage of this. The whole colour of my kidneys line sounded too much like something Tennant or Smith might say. I am hoping for a Doctor with more gravitas, a Doctor who makes you feel uneasy, and not simply cuddly.

Speculation: still brewing up the double yoker on that one…

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@janetteb

Ian: Yes indeed.  I, too, do so hope they will bring back Ian for one final appearance. I can even visualize the Doctor (with his still faulty memory) mispronouncing his name (“Hello Chatterton”) as a call-out to Hartnell’s problems with getting the name right. The whole scene could be lovely and unbearably poignant.

Anonymous @

I do like the idea of the Doc not knowing how to fly the TARDIS. That would be a nice reset right back to the beginning. Also definitely no return of Gallifrey or the Time Lords en masse. Don’t mind the odd rogue one and would be interested to see them bring back the Master, although I do feel he’s a terribly limited character. Neither the old mwah-mwah-hah moustache-twirling approach nor the I’m as bad as a box of frogs approaches really worked.

I’d like to see the Drahvin come back maybe. Or something like that. Some really off-kilter returning villain rather than one of the ‘greatest hits’ ones….

janetteB @janetteb

@blenkinsopthebrave I agree re’ replicating the Pertwee Doctor’s relationship with UNIT but I don’t see him working for UNIT in that way again. In Day of the Doctor UNIT was not exactly portrayed as a noble organisation. Their goals may be fine but their methods can be questionable. The Doctor may work with them but not for them and the relationship would not be an easy one. The relationship between the rebel Doctor and authoritarian UNIT would be potentially quite dynamic.

I doubt that we will see the full return of Gallifrey, just the knowledge that it is out there and from time to time something or someone might slip through from that universe into “ours”.

Would also like to see more “lessor” villians rather than endless daleks and cybermen. Some new baddies too would be welcome. It is time to indroduce a  new “big bad” as I assume we have witnessed the demise of the G.I.

I agree re’ the master though I suspect that a Moffat penned master would be different and more complex beasty than any of the previous incarnations.

Cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

Series 8 will see Dr Who return in a game show format.

Similar to the dating show ‘Take me out’, every episode will see the Doctor choose from 30 different girlfriends from his past/future, gradually whittling them down with tricky questions until one remains.

The lucky winner gets the honour of teaching the Doctor how to fly his TARDIS, with a series of flying lessons…….
    z
    z

clewis137 @clewis137

Here is what the following seasons will lead to.   That the Doctor is technically one of the first time Lords. Since we know that you can create a time lord by being conceived in a TARDIS.  There for humans are time Lords.   Second the reason the Doctor is one of the first is because in the 50th anniversary episode Tom Baker refers to himself as his future and or past.  That would also be the reason that the moment used Rose’s image because the Doctor created it.

PhantomTollbooth @thephantomtollbooth

What if he hasn’t just forgotten how to drive the TARDIS? What if the Doctor completely forgot who he was, and had to relearn what it means to be “The Doctor”? He would be asking questions such as; what am I like? Is this something I would do? What have I done? It would be very interesting to see the Doctor view himself objectively, just for a little while of course.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

It’s definitely a case of “spin the wheel” on this one at the moment. Just picking up on a few points raised though.

Memory (or lack thereof) – I’m not sure about this one. It’s always seems to have been a thing that the Doctor is a bit out of sorts when he regenerates, and more than a few have had memory issues. I don’t think that it’ll be something they dwell on though. Christmas Invasion and The Eleventh Hour tried to wrap up the regeneration in an episode, and finally give the viewer a taste of just who the Doctor is now. That’s probably seen as important because the viewing figures usually signpost an increase in viewership as people tune in to see what the new guy is like. It’s a bit of a showcase.

I’ve always felt that the first story has gained some importance when you remember the 80s regeneration stories. I find Castrovalva, Time and the Rani and Twin Dilemma various shades of bad going from Castrovalva (weak) to Twin Dilemma (desperately lamentable with no redeeming features whatsoever). I also think that with some viewers the vision they presented of the Doctor stuck. Davison spent much of his with amnesia, and was forever seen as weak even though he had some real tough guy moments later. Baker was the Bully, and McCoy the clown. So I think if amnesia is in play it’ll soon be gone, to give us a big moment with the Doctor.

Gallifrey – Will remain, I hope, firmly in the background. The Doctor has a goal, but let him take the scenic route. A 50 yr one. I wouldn’t be averse to seeing the introduction of elements of the quest though – false leads, artefacts and perhaps the odd escapee from the Phantom Zone.

I do think you could potentially put money (a small prudent amount) on SM indulging in some timey-wimey. We’ve seen a pair of furious looking eyes going to Gallifrey in Day of the Doctor, and I wonder if there is a story there. If his purpose was slightly different to that of the others. Neutralising a third party, perhaps? This could explain why that it was suggested Gallifrey would be frozen in Day, against the observable effect of them not being in Time.

Clara – I think Clara’s story has an awful lot of play. I went through some of my old theories and stuff (how I laughed) on the boards, and there are certain things about her (hints at telepathy, empathy, etc.) that scream the paranormal range of human abilities. I think I’m going to rewatch 7B in April to try to refresh my memory. I can’t help but think that the whirlwind of exposition in Time of the Doctor may have helped mask something that will carry on.

Anonymous @

I think @phaseshift is probably right re. memory loss. What I’m actually struck by is that compared to previous series I really don’t particularly have a ‘wishlist’ this year. The show is starting with the blankest slate that it has done for years (which suggests to me that Moffatt can put a nice big ‘job done’ tick over the 50th anniversary) and I have no idea just where the show is going and have no real strong preconceptions of where it ought to go. I’m just really looking forward to the ride…

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@jimthefish

The show is starting with the blankest slate that it has done for years (which suggests to me that Moffatt can put a nice big ‘job done’ tick over the 50th anniversary)

I agree. A big thing for many older fans (I think) is that the Doctor is somewhat shorn of the angst of the Time War. After the confusion, it seemed there was a collective sigh of relief about that.

The Doctor is in the TARDIS. The Dalek Empire is out there, there are worlds to explore – sights to see, wrongs to right and the potential for the Doctor to “go home” is distant on the horizon. It seems right somehow. A new era to start accruing new angst, new end-points and new “might-have-beens”.

Arbutus @arbutus

Oh, great topic! And great comments. I would have to agree with @purofilion that Captain Jack is probably done on the show (and probably River Song as well, imho). The Doctor moves on! I’m with @janetteb on the woman in the shop. Like you, I fear that it may indeed be dropped, but that would be fairly annoying as I feel that the issue of how Clara knew to call the TARDIS is pretty key!

I also agree with everyone who would love to see an appearance by Ian. A bit of UNIT would also be great, but not too much I hope, as I too would prefer to see less attachment to contemporary Earth. Also, I fully agree with @blenkinsopthebrave, regarding the Doctor as a rebel. In non-Earth societies he is usually an agitator, so working for an Earth military organization seems a bit contradictory.

I would like to see the return of Gallifrey, eventually. But I hope that we won’t be spending much time there. I was surprised when they returned to the issue of Gallifrey so quickly in The Time of the Doctor, although I understood that they needed to do this in order to get the Doctor his regenerations. But I very much hope that Gallifrey hasn’t actually been “found” as such, and that the bringing back of it won’t actually be as simple as was implied in TotD. It took a lot of work to hide it, it should be at least as difficult to bring it back! So I hope that the whole thing takes awhile, and is not front and centre for the most part.

Arbutus @arbutus

I have discussed elsewhere (in copious detail!) my hopes for the new Doctor’s personality, so I won’t go into that here. But I’m definitely in the camp that doesn’t expect the memory loss to be a real issue. I expect a bit of early-episode instability, followed by a more settled, “I am the Doctor” take. Clara adjusting to the reality of regeneration and a completely new Doctor would be interesting, especially if it takes place over the course of the series. At times in the past, this issue has sometimes been dealt with a little too quickly for my taste. I know it would take me awhile to get over something like that!

I must say that @wolfweed has presented the only truly bonkers speculation so far!  🙂  But I like @phaseshift‘s thoughts about Clara. And this, which is as great a view of the Doctor at the start of his second half-century as I have seen:  The Doctor is in the TARDIS. The Dalek Empire is out there, there are worlds to explore – sights to see, wrongs to right and the potential for the Doctor to “go home” is distant on the horizon. It seems right somehow. A new era to start accruing new angst, new end-points and new “might-have-beens”.

Brewski @brewski

I would like to now try to out-bonker my fellow theorists!

The Master will be played by……

Peter Capaldi in a dual (duel?) role!

The Master?!

WhoGirl @whogirl

I’d like to see another UNIT two-parter, maybe with the fabulous Kate Lethbridge-Stewart. Then perhaps we will find out what happened to her and her colleagues in the vault with the Zygons…

I’d also like to see a story where a former companion (or two) returns. It worked so well with the lovely Sarah Jane Smith, and so interesting to find out what happens to those who get left behind.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@wolfweed

Thanks for the links on casting. One name I’d missed before, but who was announced in the same batch as Tom Riley was Trevor Cooper. I guess he’ll be another one to add to the genetic multiplicity thread as he was in the Sixth Doctor Dalek serial.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

Just on Ben Miller, it’s reminded me of an idea I had a while ago to compile the odd quiz if people were interested (or if anyone else fancies being quizmaster let us know). Emphasis just on entertainment really. This kind of thing:

Quiz Question

Ben Miller is scheduled for an appearance in Series 8. He’s previously appeared as the drummer of a fictional New Romantic group with three other actors who have Doctor Who credits.

A nightmare vision of alternate Five Doctors

Can you name the Stories which introduced the three we’ve already seen? If you want to have a closer inspection, here are the Venus Hunters performing “Starburst” (link to YouTube).

Anonymous @

@phaseshift

Thanks for the Hunting Venus link. You can’t beat a bit of blatant innuendo 🙂  Brilliant film and a cracking soundtrack.

Danny Webb was in ‘The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit’, Mark Williams was in ‘The Power of Three’ but I couldn’t tell you what story Martin Clunes was in but I have seen a clip of it on one of those ‘Before they were famous’ shows.

His costume on the ‘sampler’ has a Sixth Doctor look to it so would I be right in thinking it was a Colin Baker story?

That song’s put me in the mood for some NewRo. Off to listen to my Duran Duran CD’s and maybe a bit of Spandau.

Anonymous @

@phaseshift and @fatmaninabox — fatmaninabox has done most of the work here but for the sake of completion, Martin Clunes was in Snakedance, a Peter Davison story rather than a Colin Baker one. The outfit was still dreadful though….

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@fatmaninabox @jimthefish

That song’s put me in the mood for some NewRo.

I saw Hunting Venus again last month and it did the same to me. I ended up listening to a load of the old stuff. I didn’t realise, until my last viewing, that Starburst was written by Jools Holland.

Spot on with Danny Webb – that was the one I thought would be the tricky one, for no other reason in that he’s never had the same kind of face recognition as the other two I think.

Mark Williams was actually in Dinosaurs on a Spaceship first, so I’d call that his instruction before PoT.

Jim’s right about the story for Martin Clunes, Snakedance, and the costume he wore. I don’t think it’s possible for him to be interviewed or appear on a panel show like HIGNFY without them using a picture to remind him of it. I think it’s a toss of a coin as to which look, the one in the sampler, or this, is the most ludicrous. 😀

Anonymous @

@phaseshift

That looks like a still from the video footage of the party I through last weekend – hope it’s the censored version. Gladys was employed to carry my box around as it’s a bit difficult to mingle when you’ve no body 🙂

Lovely man was Gladys. Thick as two short planks but gave a great neck massage.

The Krynoid Man @thekrynoidman

I know this May sound insane, but based on all of the on set photos I think that Peter Capaldi may be playing the Doctor
    🙂

ConfusedPolarity @confusedpolarity

Can’t believe I’ve not posted on this one before!

I’d add my name to the list of people hoping to see UNIT back, just occasionally; I’d like a nice, solid invasion of the Earth to be foiled (to be honest I’ve got a bit tired of the gigantic “universe in peril” stuff; I’d be happy with a base under siege!) I’d not want to see the Doctor Earthbound again, but if he’s going to drop in on the planet on a regular basis – budget constraints rather rule out any alternatives 🙂 – as an occasional backup team, Kate Lehtbridge-Stewart’s mob works for me.

My biggest wish – well, could the Doctor please stop using the sonic screwdriver as a water pistol and remember it’s a scientific instrument?  And while he’s about it, be a touch more like the John Hurt Doctor with his world-weariness and his ability to speak like a grown-up? Also, I love what @PhaseShift says – let’s get back, now the Time War angst is done, to just what you say! The Doctor whizzing around the universe as the ultimate explorer with a human or two hanging on for the ride.

And if those humans could just be ordinary mortals without epic stories/massive significance for the Doctor, I’d be even happier!  When Clara leaves, I hope it’s on her own terms, by her own choice, with a good, happy future in her sights. And I hope the Doctor gives her a hug, tells her he won’t forget her, and then moves on.

I don’t wish to be brutal or unsentimental (delete as applicable) but I prefer the Doctor to move on as he used to.  Remember how shocked Sarah-Jane was in “School Reunion” that he hadn’t even mentioned her to Rose once? To my mind that didn’t mean he didn’t care – or that he’d forgotten – just that he’s not human and can’t be expected to behave “like us”.

SuperNoodle @supernoodle

Hmm. About the 12th Doctor not knowing how to fly the TARDIS, I think that Tasha Lem will teach him. And you know, “Lem” backwards is “Mel”, and “Mels” was River’s nickname in “Let’s Kill Hitler”, so there may be some connection between them. Who knows?

Anonymous @

@confusedpolarity I’m just going to ‘second that’!  Actually, I was on another thread to do with the distinctions associated with AG and BG Who and, having read the replies, I then angrily wrote up a ferocious rebuttal …and then sensibly…deleted it. In this case, I totally agree with what you’ve said, though and so..I shall unequivocally second it! Kindest,  p.

@confusedpolarity

Remember how shocked Sarah-Jane was in “School Reunion” that he hadn’t even mentioned her to Rose once?

That was also a neat little shout-out – Toby Whithouse had obviously watched a lot of the Sarah Jane stories. Sarah-Jane is one of the very few companions who did have the Doctor mention other, previous companions beyond the one who’d just left (Victoria, if you’re curious).

So she would be shocked.

@purofilion – thank you most kindly!  There’s a lot I love about AG Who, but the humanisation (is that a word? If not it should be 🙂 ) of the Doctor’s emotions isn’t one of them.  I’d like a bit more of the alien and the scientist back, please!

@bluesqueakpip – The Pyramids of Mars is one of my all-time favourites but I didn’t twig that little Toby Whithouse touch! You’ve also reminded me of something else high on my wishlist for the next series…

That moment when the Doctor says Victoria wore the dress and Sarah shoots back at him with “As long as Albert didn’t wear it!” makes me laugh every time.  She could be quite openly cheeky to the Doctor; he could occasionally be a tad abrupt with her.  But there was never any doubt of their affection for each other.

How great would it be to see something of that between Twelve and Clara!

jennydb @jennydb

People I would love to see returning: Captain Jack (come on, stop pretending you don’t want him back) & River Song (in the same episode – the world wouldn’t be able to handle all the innuendo). No, but seriously – it annoyed me how Torchwood was just completely written out of the series, so I would like to see him and possibly Gwen again, if only briefly. Having  Gwen as a one-episode companion would be awesome. It seemed almost unnatural that Jack wasn’t around in the Pandorica episode, where all of the Doctor’s friends were supposed to help, or in AGMGTW (I know he was supposed to be in it, but Barrowman was too busy with Torchwood). But I would like to see him again just because he’s a likeable character, and we still haven’t figured out entirely how (or if) he becomes the Face of Boe, although the Headless Monks seems the most plausible alternative. I would love to see Donna back (and Wilfred!), but I don’t really see how that would make sense. The reason I would like to see River again is that, even though we’ve gotten our emotional goodbyes, we still haven’t figured out when the Doctor told her his name. Everyone thought it would be at the wedding, but what he said then was that he was in the Teselecta. I think she will be back, one way or another, but not recurring as often as she used to.

What I would love to see happening: Not entirely sure, really. Too much at this point. I would like for the Clara arch to be explained properly – the Rose references (the bar she worked at, the mysterious girl who told her of the doctor and gave him her number, etc.) for instance. Maybe Clara and Rose are somehow connected, seeing as Rose stared into the heart of the Tardis/vortex, and Clara jumped into the Doctor’s time stream (which still confuses me – if he got her out, how come she’s still scattered throughout his story?). Maybe Rose appeared as Bad Wolf, just as she did in The Moment, to make sure Clara met the doctor? What happened with Gallifrey and the war doctor hints that Rose did more than we know of with the Bad Wolf. We also know she went into the Torchwood archives and deleted data about the doctor’s companions. She didn’t just scatter the words Bad Wolf in her own and Ninth timeline to bring them there, I think she also interferred in the time stream in other ways, making sure the doctor chooses the right companion when he needs to etc. I would like to see that story elaborated on.

Either way, I am really excited for Capaldi’s doctor!

@jennydb – No need for pretence on my part – I honestly don’t want to see Jack back!  He’s at that in-between stage for me; he’s been gone just long enough that his return wouldn’t feel completely natural, but nowhere near long enough for any great nostalgia buzz in the School Reunion way.  River, on the other hand…. I’d like to see her again, although possibly just for one episode.

It’d be great to see her trying to cope with a very different kind of Doctor: I always felt Eleven could be a tad “henpecked” by her, and I can’t see Twelve being the same at all! Alex Kingston is always good value, and while I’d not wish River to become a fixture, one final hurrah would definitely be on my wish-list.

If there’s one former companion I’d hope to see make an appearance, as others have mentioned, it would be the chairman of Coal Hill’s board of governors, Mr I Chesterton. After fifty years, one of his very first human companions encountering the Doctor again would just be glorious, and though I’m usually paranoid about the show getting all “clannish and fannish” the fan in me would probably swoon at that!

Otherwise – well, let’s see Clara continue as she did toward the end of the last series.  It took time for me to warm to her, mostly because she seemed more plot device than personality for so long.  And looking further ahead I’d like future companions to be what they used to be – waifs and strays, passing ordinary people whose lives are turned around (or turned upside-down, either way works! 🙂 ) by meeting the Doctor!

ScaryB @scaryb

Sorry if someone posted this at the beginning of Apr when it was published – but has anyone picked up on this   http://www.kasterborous.com/2014/04/moffat-explains-tardis-dislikes-clara/

We’ve had a fair bit of speculation on this subject, and it looks like it’s not done-with yet. So why does the TARDIS dislike Clara?

Other than that I mostly agree with the above – bit of  UNIT would be nice, but not too much, go the Doctor as rebel/outsider, a return of River Song – she’s probably had loads of adventures with Capaldi already!  Keep Gallifrey in the background with the odd rogue timelord creeping tantalisingly into the story – they were always so much more interesting as individuals than collectively. I suspect the memory loss may be short – just enough that Clara has to explain who he is – for the new Doctor, and the new audience.

Agree with @confusedpolarity that the show shouldn’t get too fanny-wanny, but Ian would be an honourable exception. Wouldn’t object in the slightest to a wee cameo for him. I suspect however that the days of “simpler” story telling are gone for good as far as Doctor Who is concerned, partly for reasons we’ve touched on in the Mind Robber discussions about how TV series were made to be viewed in the 60s – short bursts with a week in between. TV storytelling has undergone a seismic shift since then, and the doors in between are firmly shut – possibly guarded by Weeping Angels 😉

Other than that, I agree with @jimthefish about Moff’s skilful clearing of the decks,  @Arbutus’ seconding of @phaseshift‘s “master”ful description

The Doctor is in the TARDIS. The Dalek Empire is out there, there are worlds to explore – sights to see, wrongs to right and the potential for the Doctor to “go home” is distant on the horizon. It seems right somehow. A new era to start accruing new angst, new end-points and new “might-have-beens”.

ScaryB @scaryb

Come to think of it, last year was just completely BONKERS!!

And a million thanks to everyone on here who helped to make it that way.  And then magnified it.

Loved it, but probably good to calm down a bit.

🙂

wolfweed @wolfweed

Tom Riley chats about filming Doctor Who with Peter Capaldi…

That pained expression is perhaps because he’s sworn to secrecy.

janetteB @janetteb

Urgh. I watched the Tim Riley interview and good fun it was but then Paul McGann came on screen and who can resist a little Paul. I love the way his eyes twinkle at the interviewer. When that finished however I noticed that I was on playlist at 2/21 with a Colin Baker interview up next. I think it is time to do the school run….

Thanks for yet another great link @wolfweed.

Cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

@wolfweed – hmmm… sounds like my memory loss theory is still a goer. 😈

@wolfweed – oh, this  sounds more and more as if someone’s been peeking at my personal Doctor Who wish list 🙂 Less matey, more mysterious and with something of a clean slate – hopefully that means the whole Time War gubbins is put to bed!

It was an interesting diversion, and certainly cleared the decks for the AG show, but personally I’ll be glad to see the back of it!

wolfweed @wolfweed

Lanzarote, eh? Any bets on an exploding volcano?

wolfweed @wolfweed

@wolfweed

Stephen Moffat’s comment on Frank Skinner’s casting:

“Hopefully he’ll get out of my garden now.”

janetteB @janetteb

So now I know how to realise my youthful ambition of being a Dalek operator; set up camp in Moffat’s garden with a banner over the tent proclaiming, “I want to be a Dalek too.”

Cheers

Janette

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘Series 8 Speculation/Wishlist’ is closed to new replies.