S32 (6) 3 – The Curse of the Black Spot

Home Forums Episodes The Eleventh Doctor S32 (6) 3 – The Curse of the Black Spot

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  janetteB 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

Repeated on BBC3 on Friday 1 February, among the many mysteries in store, the greatest may be “what the hell happened to that bloody pirate?”

Our original thoughts on this can be found here.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@phaseshift I just watched this again and the disappearing pirate turns up at the end, so I think they must have just edited out his “death/disappearance” for time reasons. Is a bit stupid though.

I didn’t really like this episode the first time, a bit too silly/”Dinosaurs on a Spaceship”, but watching it again it seems like light relief after the first two episodes, with the Doctor dying and the Silence being introduced.

And the next episode, The Doctor’s Wife is also, although brilliant, light relief before the series starts to get dark again, with Amy having been stolen etc.

So, with that taken into account, I enjoyed it a lot more this time, knowing it was a breather from, what was to become, quite a dark story arc.

janetteB @janetteb

Watched this one again recently. It was a lightweight, fun episode reminiscent of old Who. Not one to be rewatched too often but as you say @craig, a good filler between more serious stuff.

Cheers

Janette

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.