Spoilers (4)

Home Forums General Spoilers (4)

This topic contains 321 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  blenkinsopthebrave 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 322 total)
  • Author
    janetteB @janetteb

I hope he does get to make Masterplan. That design looks fantastic.
    Cheers
    Janette

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave
    Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@blenkinsopthebrave

Yeah, I could imagine Alan Cumming as James 1st and VIth. More interesting is why it would be a recurring booking…

@bluesqueakpip

Oh, there is a lot of material there that could lead to a recurring appearance: the Gunpowder Plot, the rise of the witchcraft trials, his proposal of an absolutist theory of monarchy. My personal favourite would be a story about the Statutes of Iona, and the campaign to eradicate the Gaelic language, which was opposed by the Earl of Orkney, Patrick Stewart (who James imprisoned), and who could be played by…Patrick Stewart!

janetteB @janetteb

It is possible that the James ! & VIth story deals with witchcraft and the supernatural forces of the Daemonologie. Whatever aspect of his rule is the focus of the story it sounds promising. I love history stories and the period is an interesting one.
    Cheers
    Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

13th Dr book details…

booky wookie

wolfweed @wolfweed

This isn’t a spoiler but the radio times page contains a few srs 11 spoilers…

Steven Moffat publishes Christopher Eccleston version of the Doctor Who 50th anniversary script

ce

wolfweed @wolfweed

Not a spoiler but the page contains a mild spoiler…

radio times – doctor who peter capaldi musical episode jimi hendrix idea

jimi

geoffers @geoffers

not sure how @wolfweed missed this? 🙂

putting it here, to be safe, though (according to comments) it seems to have been there for a while? i don’t remember any cybermen scenes from a church, at all…

Seen inside St. John’s Church in Cardiff from doctorwho

ichabod @ichabod

@geoffers   Wow!  Thank you for that — I can die happy; or something along those lines, but a bit less extreme.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Daleks are back… (Huge surprise!)

daleks back

wolfweed @wolfweed

#DWSR Doctor Who News  @WhoFilming  on twitter has some juicy srs 11 spoilers/rumours…
    shh

janetteB @janetteb

News at last.. I am glad you are here @wolfweed as your ability to sniff out Who news is unrivaled. I went searching for news and rumours just last night and found nothing at all. I did find some info on other series I am interested in, War of the Worlds which sounds promising and the series I am most excited about, Northern lights trilogy but nothing at all about the next series of Who.
    Cheers
    Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

I’m sure there are equal if not better sniffers than me but thanks, @janetteb !

I’d  forgotten all about the Beeb’s War of the Worlds, which has the potential to be great…

wotw

wolfweed @wolfweed

The sonic screwdriver situation remains so secret, that the action figures of Dr 13 will probably be released without whichever device she will have.

This might not be so stupid, as a leak of the hot wheels toy car of Enfys Nest revealed the sex of the character way in advance of Solo ASWS hitting cinemas.

Hopefully the reveal is worth all the hush. Also, the interior of the new TARDIS remains Top Secret and apparently will not feature in the trailer…

top secret

wolfweed @wolfweed

This will be deleted soon…    Doctor Who Series 11 LEAKED CLIP

wolfweed @wolfweed

This tweet will be deleted soon…

wolfweed @wolfweed

Well, that video remained for less than 20 minutes. Does Peter Capaldi have ‘White hair’?

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed

Yep, clip gone. But can that really be the sonic? Looks oddly un-tech and more than a bit, well, phallic…

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish   Well…

sonique

Makes a bit of a joke of post #63523…

I would even harbour a guess that that’s the inside of the TARDIS  – A sort of crystalline decor…

wolfweed @wolfweed

Doh – It’s plastic curtains…

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed

I have to say the goggles are cool but I’m definitely not sure about the sonic looking quite so much like a sex toy….

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish

lum

Fandom is riven once again…

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed

It’s got three settings. I suppose the sonic jokes with a female doc were going to be inevitable, so perhaps making them too obvious as to be worth making in the first place is a smart move.

If nothing else, it’s a gift for a caption competition….

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish

I think the Beeb are nicking my ideas… I drew a ‘crystal console room in pink’…

Talking of crystals: Remember the TARDIS power cell? Reminiscent of the Superman movies…

tardis power cell

What about Dr 8’s other screwdriver?

mcgann 2

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed

Wow. I’ve never seen that before. What is that, an used prop from the movie? Apart from looking a bit like some kind of torture implement, it certainly bears similarities to the JW device, whatever it ends up turning out to be. It also looks a little bit like a lightsabre too…..

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish

It’s the 2010 Big Finish utensil…

dark eyes

No actual spoilers here, but news of spoilers (and the hint that we may be getting official news soon…)

BBC Goes To Court Over “Doctor Who” Leak

wolfweed @wolfweed

2018 Christmas Special will be directed by Wayne Yip

w y

geoffers @geoffers

i’ve seen a notice on facebook that the new series will premiere in october?! is this an error, or an assumption? i haven’t been able to find any credible info on my usual sources (here, bbc, reddit).

i don’t think it will start so late, though. 10 episodes would run them right into x-mas, pretty much, if they begin on the first weekend in october, and i doubt they’ll do that. it’s more likely, to me, that it’ll return in (mid) september, if not earlier, like late august (maybe with the series split by a week or two after episode 5)…

hrmm. would any british member (more savvy than i, about bbc scheduling) care to offer up an analysis?

yes, i’m dying for news here, like everyone else! 🙂

janetteB @janetteb

I thought I recognised the name Wayne yip. He directed Empress of Mars and Lie of the Land which we will be watching tonight, coincidentally. Good to see that some Who Alumni are returning after all and Wayne has good credentials.

@geoffers We are all starving for news right now. I check in every day and some nights I go hunting through other sites for news but there is none to be found which is not surprising as nothing ever escapes the notice of @wolfweed our resident reporter.

Cheers

Janette

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@geoffers
    October has been the default assumption for some months now. Whether it’s true or not depends on a) the post-production schedule and b) BBC schedulers.

In the rumour’s favour is the point that this is a new production team – and the new Head Writer clearly wanted a lot of new people, to shake the series up a bit. Given Russell T. Davies’ joke that he ended his first week of Post Gap Who production two weeks behind, they might have built-in extra time for the new team to discover the, ah special joys of producing Who. >:)

Starting the first weekend in October would allow them to finish the ten episodes in the first weekend of December. The ratings for the Christmas Special have fallen from Doctor Who’s previous ‘must see’ status, so the logic for a late start might be to see if they can keep the momentum going for Christmas.

wolfweed @wolfweed

New images from Entertainment Weekly

wolfweed @wolfweed

ew

wolfweed @wolfweed

More…   (Sorry)

bigger

wolfweed @wolfweed

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

New Sonic revealed (Again)

wolfweed @wolfweed

wolfweed @wolfweed

wolfweed @wolfweed

Full panel

wolfweed @wolfweed

Not sure if this is officially announced or not…

surnames

wolfweed @wolfweed

wolfweed @wolfweed

Forgot to share this one…

wolfweed @wolfweed

wolfweed @wolfweed

Very naughty leak in the 5 posts in this thread, including the new TARDIS interior…

Well, I stumbled across the supposed new Tardis interior on the web. It certainly is…unique!

janetteB @janetteb

I arrived too late. The account has been suspended. No surprise there. @blenkinsopthebrave‘s comment does not however inspire confidence. Perhaps it is as well I did not see.

Cheers

Janette

@janetteb. No, I wasn’t referring to the post above. The picture of the presumed leak was only uploaded today on multiple sites. It is still available. Google will take you there, if you want to go.

My use of the word “unique” wasn’t meant to be necessarily negative, it was meant to imply a very, very different approach to the design from anything seen thus far.

I am being necessarily vague, as I am not sure that whatever has been leaked is genuine. When it is confirmed, then I ‘ll be back with a more definite personal assessment.

janetteB @janetteb

@blenkinsopthebrave. My partner has done a search and found a couple of possible image which he doubts are genuine. I confess that I am not feeling overly optimistic about the new series. I fear that Chibnell is trying too hard to be “different” and that does not usually work well. The sonic is a major break with previous design so I expect the Tardis interior will also be a break from previous designs.

Cheers

Janette

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 322 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.