General thread – fan creativity

Home Forums Fan creativity General thread – fan creativity

This topic contains 1,012 replies, has 280 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

Everyone’s favourite nanny is a Time Lady!

by Erin Sanders

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Anonymous @

@wolfweed — that’s a particularly fine example of Target cover pastiche. Lots of nice detail and even the painting style is inkeeping

wolfweed @wolfweed

Anonymous @

Watch Peter Capaldi’s Fan Art come to life with a little bit of help from the team behind ‘Doctor Puppet’

Anonymous @

@fatmaninabox — that’s quite a lovely little tribute, I think….

@wolfweed — quite like the Bad Days one too. Favourite bit is the bemused Daleks as the Doc waves his sonic around…

janetteB @janetteb

Another Doctor with an April birthday. It must be catching.. or something.

Cheers

Janette

Potatohead @potatohead

Finished this today.. A Gallifrey Death Zone smackdown (re-watched “The Five Doctors” the other day for the umptenth time, and got inspired).

wolfweed @wolfweed

Welcome, @potatohead     Loving your Smackdown.

Potatohead @potatohead

@wolfweed  Thank you!  Glad to be here.

oculushut @oculushut

YouTube footage of Tardis in virtual reality.  Made to be viewed using the Oculus Rift headset.

I made the video, but not the “Firebox room”.  The actual room was made by “Boff” over on the Oculus developer forum 🙂

You can find out more about Firebox and Virtual Reality for the web here:

http://www.oculushut.com/blog/surf-vr-web/

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Mobius64 @mobius64

Does anyone know any good Doctor Who artists who are taking requests? It’s for my Doctor Who Timeline and I need some better pictures of some Doctors.
    Thanks,
    -Mob

TheFaceofMo @thefaceofmo

Doctor Phrenology

https://www.threadless.com/product/5593/Doctor_Phrenology

I just bought one of these tees from Threadless, this guy has a whole bunch of opened up brains of popular culture peeps.

Love that retro cover design with Matt Smith, they’ve got the style bang on, even the page wrinkles.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Boden @boden

Hello. I’ve started a Fan Fiction about The Doctor regenerating into a teenager. He is grumpy, mean, and has to relearn what is so great about humans. Let me know if you think this is interesting, or if you have any suggestions? It’s my first Fan Fiction and I am interested in your thoughts on this epilogue. Thanks! 🙂

The Story: http://www.wattpad.com/46745030-chapter-one

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

Rachel Stott

z
    Jorell Rivera

PhantomTollbooth @thephantomtollbooth

WhovianDK @whoviandk

Hey Fellow Whovians… I have a question for someone that knows the Doctor as well as I do / or better..
    I am doing a major Bachelor projekt at the university about the show in which I am trying to make a recipy for a general episode. Some formular that almost every new episode follows… :

*Introduction – life on the TARDIS.
    *TARDIS Materializes somewhere
    *Doctor and his companions get separated
    *intergalactic hijinks ensures
    *usually a lot of running (through corridors)
    *The Doctor and his companions are reunited just in time to face imminent doom
    *Doctor uses intelligence to figure out problem. Sometimes gives ‘monster’ a chance.
    *back in TARDIS, on to next adventure

What do you think – what am I missing? 🙂

Mobius64 @mobius64
    Anonymous @

@wolfweed thanks for the Who mini-horror filmic with the Angel. About 2 years ago, some younger students of mine introduced me to the clever (but cheap) little computer game: Slenderman. It had them all in fits. Mind you, with head phones on at 1.00am, I too could have wet my pants. The film above had that ‘feeling’ to it -though infinitely more terrifying-it was a bit short 🙁

Anonymous @

@whoviandk that sounds great!  I would add that in the more current AG Who, the companions/ assistants/partners tend to help solve the problem. They’re not the ones generally wanting to offer the monster a chance: for instance most drs will say “Oh, you are beautiful’ before being dragged off by the screaming companion who is saying ‘bloody hell, get a move on’. The companion tends to help solve the problem now by offering a 2nd chance. We know Donna made it clear that the Dr shouldn’t travel alone and we saw the results of that in The Waters of Mars: the Time Lord Victorious. Also, the Dr always says to his ‘merry band’, “don’t wander off” and as you pointed out, that’s how they become separated. Also we now know that the TARDIS being a living thing, tends to take the dr where he needs to go rather than where he wants to be: hence the episode where Amy and Rory were visiting the planet of 60 ft people and ended up in the hotel resembling The Shining!  But so far, a great job at picking out the collective items! Kindest, purofilion

Monochrome Dimension @monochromedimension

An update on my femme Seventh Doctor cosplay;

I do actually have a handkerchief around the hat band and one in the coat pocket too, sorry you can’t tell. No full pics until I have worked on the lower half of the cosplay! Hair is always a mess.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Nice one, @monochromedimension . Now all you need is a digital fob watch ( & your lower half!)

z

By Batced

http://batced.deviantart.com/art/A-Guest-Comes-to-Gotham-450690483

Monochrome Dimension @monochromedimension

@wolfweed – Thanks, and yes I do need to find a pocket watch… but possibly will have to replace its actual face with an old 80s digital Casio. Though I did find a wristwatch today which is similar to the Seventh Doctor’s that I can use as well.

And lets not forget the umbrella… I must have the umbrella!

wolfweed @wolfweed

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@wolfweed – that 50th Anniversary tribute from Chang Dai is a very good one.

Anonymous @

@wolfweed and @bluesqueakpip -I second that. Its music was austere and monkish but warm and a little sad all the same. Quite beautiful I believe.

Janice @janice

I’ve been in love with Doctor Who since forever! I’ve become addicted to it and now I’m starting my own crochet collection of Doctor Who things. This is my first item for my collection! The Ninth Doctor! Fantastic!

Ninth Doctor

Fantastic!

@janice

That’s so cool! I love it.

I just love how dramatic they made this, and the clips from the two movies are blended beautifully.

Anonymous @

Hi to everyone. I would want share with you these T-shirt and hoopies about doctor Who. If you would buy it you can found it at this link.

http://teespring.com/DoctorWhoGallifrey

Anonymous @

@SimoneMontalto  I like those hoodies and Ts. Great idea!  Kindest, purofilion.

Anonymous @
    ScaryB @scaryb
    wolfweed @wolfweed

Crysknife007 @crysknife007

Ever wish you were Dr. Who?

Well you are in luck. I have created a 12 hour long version of the ambient engine sound from the Tardis in Dr. Who. I’ve found that this sound is great for getting to sleep, meditating, working, or binge watching Dr. Who

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfdcQlfud9c

wolfweed @wolfweed

Anonymous @

Cybermen T-shirt

Cyberman Design

Hi, friends!

This is a T-shirt I made last week. I’d like to share it with you. I hope you like it!

https://www.teepublic.com/show/28266-to-upgrade-or-not-to-upgrade

Anonymous @
    Anonymous @
    StickitStickers @stickitstickers

Just wanted to show off this large wall vinyl that I make and sell on etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/184339272/doctor-who-in-front-of-london-silhouette?ref=listing-13Dr. Who in front of London Silhouette

There is also a LOT more Dr. Who stuff in my store.

wolfweed @wolfweed

wolfweed @wolfweed

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@wolfweed

That fan-made “Rain” trailer is excellent. And more atmospheric than the official one the BBC put out.

Anonymous @

@blenkinsopthebrave I totally agree with you there. Also, thanks @wolfweed for putting that up: I hadn’t seen it and it’s ‘fantastic’. The inflections, the way he rubs the back of his head! I hadn’t noticed that before. As for the classic toon..brilliant!

@stickitstickers that is great: I love the wall art. A friend of mine may well be interested. Thank you  for showing it. Kindest, purofilion

estebanj121 @estebanj121

of all the Doctor Who trailers and fan stuff on youtube this guy makes the best most professional looking stuff just awesome

BRILLIANT

wolfweed @wolfweed

GuyOfOdd @guyofodd

Stickfiddler @stickfiddler

Hi, I’m Joe the Stickfiddler, you can call me Joe or Stickfiddler or both. I just signed up a few minutes ago and this is my first comment. Does this place have a thread for introductions? In case it does, I won’t reveal too much about myself, so as to save it for the introduction thread.

Also I don’t see anywhere else to post this that looks any better than this thread, but I’m having a fan mail problem. I wanted to send a letter to Jenna Coleman requesting a signed photo (enclosed before signing), since I like Clara and all that, and intended to enclose postage for the photograph’s safe return, after she signed it. At the post office I was told I couldn’t do that since the British and the American use different stamps.

Did I mention I’m American?

Just sending the letter there was going to cost me $1.16, in case any of you were wondering. Anyway, since the US post offices don’t typically distribute stamps from the UK, the letter and the picture are still at my house waiting to be mailed around the globe and then back probably in 2015. I e-mailed Ms. Coleman’s talent agents in search of help last week after my failed attempt to send the letter but so far have received no reply.

Does anyone have any ideas to help me?

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 1,013 total)

The topic ‘General thread – fan creativity’ is closed to new replies.