Moved: Reply To: On The Sofa (5)

Home Forums General Moved: Reply To: On The Sofa (5)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CedarBranchTardis 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Arbutus @arbutus

@purofilion

Yes, indeed. In Canada we make jokes about the stereotypes and mistakes made about us south of the border. (My son likes to tell his American friends online that he is off to walk his polar bear, that he has to go say “sorry” to a bunch of people, that he has just poured himself a nice refreshing glass of maple syrup, and so on!) But so many people don’t know the most basic of facts about their nearest neighbour: that we have a prime minister rather than a president, that Toronto is almost as far south as California, that most of their cranberries and blueberries come from here, and so on. Not everyone, I hasten to add. I know lots of very well educated, knowledgeable Americans (those in my husband’s family, for instance).

But we mostly just laugh about it, because, we’re Canadian, eh? And we’re good at jokes here (google “comic actors from Canada” and see what you get!).

CedarBranchTardis @cedarbranchtardis

The best Canadian joke I’ve heard was by a Canadian comedian was when she stated she was from Canada and someone asked her since she was from Canada, did she know “so-and-so”? She replied, “do I know them, he!! yes I know them, there aren’t but 5 of us living up here.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.