S33 (7) 12 – The Crimson Horror

Home Forums Episodes The Eleventh Doctor S33 (7) 12 – The Crimson Horror

This topic contains 475 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  cyberdalek 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 451 through 476 (of 476 total)
  • Author
    Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@scaryb – the computer program also had an ‘operated by a musical pass key’ option, though I’m increasingly inclined to suspect that the ‘music’ references are a ‘trust River Song‘ message.

We also had ‘Alternate Eleventh Doctor’ and ‘the Doctor’s other half – he used/will use one of his hearts to create her’.

ScaryB @scaryb

@htpbdet Thanks, and thanks for your original post of musings on early Doctors which kick-started a lot of my thoughts.

You said – “JNT was behind the anti-Hurndall protest”

Really??

I didn’t know that – that’s despicable.

The problem with the internet (and I love lots of the aspects of it that democratise information, facilitate communication etc) is that it also gives a platform and a megaphone to people whose opinions would otherwise stay hidden under rocks at the bottom of deep, dark and dank well (where they live with their computers). They are not so many, but they are LOUD ๐Ÿ™

ScaryB @scaryb

@bluesqueakpip

Absolutely right <kicks self for forgetting The Key (was always doing that when I only had a yale lock ๐Ÿ™‚ ) >

And I missed the theory about being Doctor’s other half (so long as it doesn’t make him human ๐Ÿ™‚ ) (“The Doctor” was meant to include a future/past/alt 11 Doctor

Whisht @whisht

@scaryb – completely with you on spoilers. Haven’t even looked at the Nightmare in Silver thread (and won’t until after the show).

If I see one here I’ll, I’ll…. I’ll go back to my more sinister avatar!! (or thcweam and thcweam and thsweam as an old assistant wouldn’t have said!).

But I have a hunch that Clara will save the Doctor with a tear (to melt the sliver of ice in his heart).

[yep, this from the “Spartacus” guy, so I’m obviously a massive ham!]

or RTD

@fulcanelli – okay, that’s it. See you after the show, folks.

ScaryB @scaryb

Also forgot –

Clara is –ย  CAL

A scriptwriter (cf land of Fiction)

@whisht – Clara is Love! (btw Nightmare in Silver thread is OK for now)

We’ve had a fair old week for theorising (from the completely bonkers to the merely bobbins), reminiscing and expounding (from 17th century Damien Hursts to religion/morality to dark slithery recesses of the mind of the trollfan). Thanks everyone, and enjoy tonight’s story – may it fulfil all our expectations (or at least not be meh!!!)

See you after the show (when it’s safer). Timeshifting tonight so will be in later <waves @all>

PS @thommck Your Dr/River timeline made me laugh. Well done. Though you may have made River’s slightly too linear

ScaryB @scaryb

@craig @phaseshift @jimthefish

Can you please delete posts #8504 and #8506 (fulcanelli’s and my reply, which quotes part of it) on grounds of being spoilers? Ta much

<def gone this time!>

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@scaryb Done. I wasn’t following the conversation so will take your word for it. Best to be on the safe side.

ScaryB @scaryb

Thanks @craig

<glares @Fulcanelli from safety of being behind Craig, and rattles chains! That comment was def a spoiler (you know which one!). Just don’t even blink ๐Ÿ˜ˆ >

Anonymous @

@scaryb – no way a spoiler! I think your excitement is getting the better of you!

You made a list and I joked the idea I would have – ‘spoiler’ – was not on it!!!! How can that be a spoiler? Please tell me you’re not being serious..or I might start to worry…

WhoHar @whohar

@scaryb

Whaddya expect from a bloody Alchemist, eh @Fulcanelli.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@fulcanelli @scaryb This may be a problem of defining what a “spoiler” actually is. I think the issue is that we like bonkers theories on here, so pointing out that they are all wrong because you know a spoiler is itself a spoiler. If your information is your own theory then that’s fine, and I think that’s what you’re implying. An idea or theory is not a spoiler. A spoiler is a sourced fact e.g. a certain actor is playing a certain well-known character, or a certain thing definitely happens in a certain story etc.

So if what you call “spoilers” are just your own theories then please continue posting them, but don’t call them spoilers if they are just your theories. But if you have real spoilers, real solid fact, then please refrain from hinting at something if you know it to be true but it is not yet in the public domain.

Hope that makes sense.

Anonymous @

@whohar – we are working with base materials it is true…. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous @

@craig – yes, some confusion. Still don’t grasp it but I can only repeat my original assertion that:

I am not going to post spoilers – either in this forum or the spoiler one

The spoiler I have – such as it is – was not even mentioned as to WHAT it is. Or where it is from. And even then who knows how reliable it is?? Or if it is confirmed? ย I am willing to bet that if you asked ScaryB she would not be able to state what exactly the spoiler concerned.

Seems silly to me. ScaryB made a list. I said the spoiler I have was not on the list. I can think offhand right now of about 10 things off the top of my head that make perfect sense that were also not on that list.

Just seems a bit OTT. I think I’ll grab my coat though and leave you guys in peace!

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@fulcanelli A spoiler is generally taken as a fact, or possible fact, that most people don’t yet know. A lot of theorising goes on here, so to have it all shot down by “I know something you don’t and all you’ve theorised is wrong” does tend to irk people. It means they have to cross a lot of theories off their list. And that is what you did, I hope you can see that. I know you say it may not be reliable or confirmed but calling it a spoiler does tend to lend weight to it being reliable. If it is not reliable it’s best to refer to it as a theory.

It would be a shame to lose you, as I’ve said I want to try and create a space where those who love spoilers and those who hate spoilers can coexist. I can see the issue of spoilers is something we really have to tackle head on now, especially with one episode left to go.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@htpbdet

Iโ€™d never heard that Nathan Turner had anything to do with whipping up the Richard Hurndall farrago. How enormously sad. He really was a piece of work.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

On the “Doctor as religion” theme, this article by Stephen Kelly on the Guardian was quite entertaining.

janetteB @janetteb

We re-watched The Empty Child and Doctor Dances over dinner and a few things struck me. There are numerous similiarities to the current series arc, (if arc it be). The theme of mother and child is central, the impossible child, dead but still living who is resurrected at the end and the “love saves the day” resolution.ย  I wonder if Clara is real in any incarnation, but a simulation based upon a fictional model, ie a character in book or story. (I have a feeling I’m repeating myself. Um. I seem to be theorising in circles. I wonder if the painting hidden in the monastry in the 13th C will turn up again and if it is that image upon which the contructed person is based.

cheers

Janette

HTPBDET @htpbdet

@scaryb ย @phaseshift ย  ย  JNT was indeed a “piece of work” both in what he did to the programme over time and what he did to divide and conquer fandom. A hideous creature.

That RTD could possibly revive the programme after JNT’s demolition of it speaks volumes for RTD’s skills and exact sense for the time and the audience.

If you ever get Janet Fielding tipsy and mention the names Tom Baker or John Nathan Turner, you find out quite a lot…

wolfweed @wolfweed

bat

@phaseshift – I found this mash-up pour vous!

Juniperfish @juniperfish

Well cripes and crepes – so much to catch up on after only a couple of days away!

@confuseus Iย thought for a while River Song might be the Twelfth, despite the crossing timelines, and I think she would have pulled it off magnificently, but sadly not. I would have loved her as the Twelfth, she is quite brilliant, slightly psychotic, erratic, incredibly self-assured, mysterious, and oddly compelling โ€“ just as the Doctor himself is.

Heartily, heartily agree – and there’s some really fun fan-fiction to be written wherein it is discovered this is the case, ergo the Doctor managed to fall in love with and marry a future version of himself/ herselfย ๐Ÿ™‚ Very Doctor really…

@phaseshiftย  What do you mean barmy, the Doctor is Osiris/ Ra I tell you! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve been hiding from spoilers as much as possible urgh…

See you lovely folks after the ep!

wolfweed @wolfweed

pb

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@htpbdet

If you ever get Janet Fielding tipsy

Ahhh you may have awoken some adolescent fantasies I had there. My suave 15 year old self. Tegan. A 1.5 litre bottle of “Thunderbird”. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Only joking. Janet Fielding really is funny. I was so sorry to hear about her cancer issues. Hope she is in good health.

@wolfweed

Many thanks – that is brilliant. ๐Ÿ™‚ Is it linked to a blog site at all with others? I want a t-shirt with that on.

Hope you saw my recommendation that you do a caption competition of the month for the blog. You seem to have the eye for sniffing out great images.

@juniperfish

Hello stranger! Hope you caught our request to use your Bond review for the blog roll. We’ll need you to repost it, but hopefully we can talk about it tomorrow.

topperofgallifrey @topperofgallifrey

Does anyone else think that Strax is really funny?

@topperofgallifrey – most people, I think. And welcome!

cyberdalek @cyberdalek

Strax IS really funny in my opinion!

Viewing 26 posts - 451 through 476 (of 476 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.