Spoilers (3)

Home Forums General Spoilers (3)

This topic contains 1,031 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 1,032 total)
  • Author
    wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish – It’s a 70s photo for the Radio Times 20th anniversary…….

That skirt is foreshadowing Nyssa’s fearsome fashion faux pas…

nyssas skirt

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed–

aaaaaargh. My eyes!!!

On the other hand….

wolfweed @wolfweed

Sorry – I meant 10th anniversary – 1973 – Duh!

Told you I was bad at maths!

wolfweed @wolfweed

Only 6 months to go!

xmas

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed–

That’s a terrfiic picture. I do hope that the tone of the xmas spesh does allow for some crotchety banter. 12 and 1 are the ideal double-act in many ways. It’s a shame that 1 never really got to do that much proper interaction with his other selves, what with Hartnell being too ill and Hurndall being too rubbish. And I’ve always wanted to see Capaldi interacting with other Docs — he just seems a good Doc for that kind of thing. I still hope one day that we’ll see him meet Smith too.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish

And as has been said before, maybe we’ll see a bit of TDOTD from 12’s perspective (more than just a bloodshot eyeballs shot)…

janetteB @janetteb

@wolfweed lots of terrific pictures. That costumes Nyssa is wearing !!! OMG my poor eyes. Love the two doctors shot. I guess it is beyond rumour status then that Doctor 1 is returning for the Christmas special. I have been only reading comments not clicking on links in order to avoid ruiners. Is that a new coat Capaldi is wearing. Looks nice indeed, rather Pertwee-ish.
    Cheers
    Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

@janetteb  The jacket is the one from WEAT/TDF post cyberdamage. Might have been new for that – seems a bit blue coloured. Nice.

Thought: Will Ben & Polly be played by actors?

pen & bolly

wolfweed @wolfweed

Daily Express with another utterly misleading headline…
    ‘Doctor Who fans in MELTDOWN as finale drops HUGE hint about identity of next Time Lord’
    puke

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed–

dearie me. Though it is worth reading for the comments below, which are barking, even by Express standards….

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish  Dearie dearie dearie me!

BobNemo has been watching since 1965 but doesn’t know that the plural of Zarbi is Zarbi!

He also complains of complicated plots.

Nothing complicated at all if you’ve been watching the series with eyes & a brain though…

I really don’t know why Express reader bother with this ultra left-wing propaganda of a show…….

A show about kindness & empathy – What f-ing chance have they got relating to it?

nemo

Barking indeed.

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed — it is fascinating the way the Express feels the need to repost the exact same ‘oh my god, the next Doctor is going to be a lentil-eating female lefty’ article every second day or so….

I guess it gets the hits…

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish

Getting the hits…

giffy

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed–

LOL. He even looks like a Daily Express reader….

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish

I wonder how many people who refuse to accept even the notion of a female Doctor are the same ones who bemoaned the idea of a female Master, only to end up actually enjoying Missy?

Michelle Gomez knocked it out of the park last night.

knock yersel oot

ichabod @ichabod

@wolfweed  Thanks for the clip — I think she hit him with her umbrella, plus a hell of a Kung Fu wind-up.  I wonder if this ending of Missy is SM saying, “So, I couldn’t do a female Doctor and I did a female Master instead — *I* did it, and now I’m ending it, so if somebody else wants to take a crack at a Doctor OR a Master who’s not just another guy, *they’ll have to have the guts to up and DO it* themselves!”

And I’ll admit it, I’m one of those who didn’t take to “Missy” at the beginning; too, er, broad for my taste, as it were. But what a great finish for her!

ichabod @ichabod

Oh, and thanks for the 2-Doc picture — it looks as if Doctor 1 is thinking, “You really need to get a grip with that hair, mate!”

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@ichabod

I actually think it’s the complete opposite. Moffat started his Who tenure in a situation where not only had David Tennant resigned, but Catherine Tate had been definitively written out and John Simm’s Master was time locked on Gallifrey. He had very few choices other than a complete reboot.

What he’s done in The Doctor Falls is leave both the Master and Missy in a sort of quantum state where they’re neither of them dead/regenerated until Chibnall chooses to open the box. We never saw either regeneration, and while Missy appears to die, so did the Doctor.

Bill’s story, equally, is in a quantum state. It’s either finished or not finished, depending. He’s left Chibnall in a situation where he can carry on with continuing characters if he wants, or go for a complete reboot if that’s what he wants.

ichabod @ichabod

@bluesqueakpip  I actually think it’s the complete opposite.

Yep, well, that’s Moffat for you.  It’s DW, so Missy could come back *somehow*, but Simm-Master did say, after shooting her again, “That’s both blasts, so you can’t regenerate.”  On the other hand — it is DW.

You’re probably right, though; I’m recalling Moffat talking about having to persuade Chibnall to take the show on, so chances are part of that negotiation was a promise not to slam too many doors too hard, or not nail them shut, anyway.

janetteB @janetteb

@jimthefish Nobody told me I had been cast to play the next Doctor!!!
    @wolfweed Good comment re Express readers.. (not that I even really know what the Express is but don’t think I want to)
    @ichabod I think the Simm master saying “you can’t regenerate” is bit of a play on the fact that the Master is written out so many times but always comes back regardless. The look in Missy’s eye indicated that she is far from finished yet.

Michelle really nailed the Master in this last episode I thought and John Simm’s Master was also a delight,

cheers
    Janette

geoffers @geoffers

@janetteb

i agree, the two masters story was pulled off really well, by both. i wish simm could have played the master like that back in rtd’s era… but then maybe we wouldn’t have gotten missy? so, all’s well, etc, etc…

but also, perhaps his “you can’t regenerate” might just have been a taunt to force her to do so (or else, to truly die “good”), since she’d likely “reset” as a “default” master, anyway, upon regenning? he seemed totally willing to take that chance…

though i believe she’s dead, for forever, and that the reveal of his regen will be into someone completely new. so, she’s truly the last incarnation of “the master,” and died simply for daring to side with the doctor… but the next master will be as perfectly evil as before!

so, we can have our cake, and eat it, too! 🙂

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@ichabod, @janetteb, @geoffers

The thing is, you could see the whole ‘I don’t remember’ thing as a ploy by Missy. We know from the Tennant/Davison meeting that Time Lords do sometimes remember meeting themselves – if, it seems, it’s vital to remember.

And we know, because it’s in the script, that Missy remembered to bring a dematerialisation circuit. So she might well be trying very hard to create a situation where the Simm Master doesn’t realise that she remembers being shot in the back – and therefore, just like the dematerialisation circuit, she will have planned accordingly.

Missy’s problem then becomes the Doctor’s problem and Bill’s problem. Is the loss of an identity which has begun the process of not being a monster worse than dying? Given that she might easily regenerate back to the batshit crazy monster…

ichabod @ichabod

@bluesqueakpip

Well, Missy’s hardly the most stable of characters . . . and she might have died laughing because she knows that very well, herself (who better?), so being killed for throwing her lot in with the Doctor even though there’s no telling how soon after she might become that monster again might seem like a pretty good joke.  It’s not as if the Master decided to be a bad guy, is it?  The Temperamental Schism kinked him up, so it’s a given, I think, that any “guidness” on her part is strictly temporary.  Her baseline is destruction.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Big Xmas spoilers/ruiners out today. I’m not leaky linking them though. Someone else can find & post…

no more leaks

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed — you little tease you. But again as revelations go, it’s one I’d be more surprised with if it wasn’t happening. I raised more of an eyebrow at the idea of moving production of Who to Manchester. Though it seems logical if the Experience is calling it a day. Quite a blow to Cardiff though if it’s true. And what about that purpose-build console room? Presumably it’s relatively dismantable? I can’t see CC getting a new one just yet.

The main thing I’m wondering now though is if they’re actually going to manage to keep the new Doc’s identity a secret until Christmas.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish

Being a tease because I probably seem like I’m keen to be the Destroyer of Surprise… (Ain’t so)

I already ruined the finale & Xmas. (You’re weclome)

If people want to know today’s revelations, they can follow Girly Letters on twitter. (The news is from newspapers so I suppose you could call it rumours…) They can then link it here if they want.

I tinkered with the idea of suspending twitter, but I’m totally hooked now. I like to follow the Dr Who art. A lot of great stuff gets missed if you sleep or go to the loo, so I refrain from that sort of activity.

Inevitably I am spoiled/ruined in the process.

As for 13’s identity, it’s not possible to keep it a secret if filming begins in November. However, if srs 11 is scheduled for Autumn, they could start filming later. The trouble with Autumn is Strictly Come Dancing & X Factor. SCD messes up the regular timeslot, whilst XF is big competition.

Nick @nick

@wolfweed

I can only speak for myself, but nothing you posted ruined either the finale or the christmas special. I would agree, that in an absolutely ideal world, we’d know nothing about any of the stories before hand to maximise the surprise factor. Who is too popular and the BBC has promotional reasons to make that impossible.

Whilst I know the Christmas special is a 2 Doctor story and partially set on a WW1 (and perhaps WW2) battlefield, that has only increased my anticipation to see what Moff has in store for us. It would take something along the lines of a leak of the episode, script or a detailed synopsis to ruin things. I read a spoilerish review of the final episode. Apart from the very first scene (Master knocking out the Doctor) I learned nothing of real substance.

CountScarlioni @countscarlioni

I blundered into this major spoiler, but if you want more on the Christmas Special, go to this site and put in “Doctor Who Return”

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/news/

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish  @Nick

A bit of the spoilers has been announced on Radio 2 News. It’s that REDACTED is returning…

Ah – @countscarlioni beat me!

her

But there’s more… (Tease, tease)

wolfweed @wolfweed

The source for the other stuff is today’s Daily Mirror. These are just rumours though (well, 2 are, 1 isn’t)…

mirror

wolfweed @wolfweed

Anyone got a great big telly to confirm this?

Nick @nick

@wolfweed

I’ve been waiting for that to happen.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@nick

Have you got a great big telly?

telly

Looks to be female just from the small pic…

I’ve still not had a rewatch yet.

wolfweed @wolfweed

It’s messing with my head. Looks like Capaldi’s hand, then it flips over during 59:16 & doesn’t so much (then does again)…

handy

Here’s the 59:16 iplayer scrngrb…

I think it may just be his hand after all…

Good conspiracy theory, though.

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed–

Yes, that hand thing is quite odd as I thought it’s almost certainly Capaldi’s hand. It’s just that he’s got arty, girly fingers that’s all. Could be wrong though. I was the buffoon who dismissed all the Heather chat last week.

Still it wold have been a nice tricksy touch if they had done that….

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish

Yeah, wishful thinking probably. Looks feminine in the small photo & that moment in the shot.

Great big thumb & hairy hand though. More crinkly in the big still.

It’s not like it changes with CGI for a moment either.

Jimi Hendrix fingers you’re right. Accentuated by the fact they’re overlapping, giving a slimming effect.

Indeed! If only t’was true!

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed–

Yes, I think you’re right. I wonder what PC would think if he knew that people were giving his digits such forensic examination….

But the more I think of it, the more I wish they had done this.

Nick @nick

@wolfweed

Not sure about great big TV its certainly too old for UHD resolution. I guess you need the blu-ray DVD to check it out for sure.  At the time, I thought it was just Peter looking at whatever injury was there (under the bandage) that had been repaired.

Like the Missy’s ring idea, it could be someone else’s hand as the lighting is poor, which would help disguise a change. I had thought I’d caught something different about the hair during the regen scene. I watched that several times and decide that it was nothing, but a wind effect added during the regen.

I was talking about C though, when I said I was expecting that development.

@jimthefish

I expect he’ll be delighted and laughing his head off at the effectiveness of his micro-scale acting.

Nick @nick

@wolfweed

Casting my mind back to one of the spoilers you posted last week (the Moff quote one, that confirmed Missy was going to “die” in the finale), Moff said everyone will be back for the Christmas Special apart from Missy. That confirms ? Bill (and Heather ?) will be in the Christmas special doesnt it.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@nick

(Upon a quick visual check) It may just be that Missy gives a (weird) firm handshake & puts the Doctor’s hand down to suggest that she is not wholly against the Doctor, but will not stand with him. Funnily enough, after that, the bandage seems to disappear (though it’s hard to tell with those long sleeves).

I wasn’t being cheeky about the size of your TV, I keep forgetting that I can watch iplayer, which is fairly crispy…

‘And the Oscar for transgender hand acting goes to: Peter Capaldi!’ 😄

I’m saying nothing about those spoilers…

lisa @lisa

@nick                Your question about Bill  – look back at post #59908

Its at the end of the first minute

Nick @nick

@wolfweed

🙂 In 60302 above, I meant to add Nardole as well into my statement/question.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@janetteb

Hayley Nebauer confirmed to me that the blue jacket is new for WE&T/TDF…

@nick

I’m saying nothing about those rumours…:)

Nick @nick
    Nick @nick

@lisa thanks.

janetteB @janetteb

Re-watched this morning and Bill’s final enigmatic comment to the Doctor struck me as significant. She reminds him that she is into women and her own age, a possible hint for the next regeneration. Fine with the former but not sure about the later. Hope Doctor Who isn’t going to turn into a Merlin type series with cute young woman as lead. Sure Matt Smith was young and he carried off the role but he had an unusual ability to convey a sense of age.

@wolfweed I paid more attention to the coat too.

Cheers
    Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

I already ruined this, so I’ll ruin it again…

RUINED AGAIN

Anonymous @

@jimthefish

PC does have “arsty fingers” doesn’t he? I think he could play the piano and stretch beyond even 9 notes!

Maybe the Doctor does?

I thought Heather wasn’t coming back so I was happy when she came and whether or not she can fix Bill is wonderful but maybe not the biggest thing? It’s like a symbol -I can see you as you were & we can both see the stars anyway you want. Almost like “you’re still Bill, but a less fragile, human version.”

@wolfweed On the hand picture  I remember when I did drama last year my teacher spoke about some American actors being ‘hand models’? I didn’t even know that was an especial job! I don’t think they did that this time. I also wonder if Missy clasped his hand to say “yes, I’m fond of  my fondest friend but I am more fond of me own self” which I think is quite significant in an age of “Me me, me” but not Lady Me 😉  Without “witness and reward” was the big message of the season. I was thinking of the symbol for Series 8 and Series 9.

One could be: “am I a good man/person?”

@wolfweed I like the “no more leaks picture” 🙂 And all the pictures of possible spoilers which have been entertaining. I learnt the word ‘redacted’ on this site!

😈

Thank you. From

Thane15

wolfweed @wolfweed

@Thane15

I am sorely tempted to use the word REDACTED in every post I write from now on…

redacted logo

janetteB @janetteb

@wolfweed Sounds like a great new word for a Dalek. You. will. be. redacted. redact. redact. redact.

Cheers
    Janette

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 1,032 total)

The topic ‘Spoilers (3)’ is closed to new replies.