On The Sofa (5)

Home Forums General On The Sofa (5)

This topic contains 998 replies, has 140 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 999 total)
  • Author
    janetteB @janetteb

I don’t think you missed anything @Stormaggeddon I think the apparant gap between the two stories was because Moffat had to pull off two major stand alone stories together and so one does not flow on from the other.

Good to see you back also.

Cheers

Janette

Anonymous @

@Stormaggeddon did you see Time of the Doctor -the three are really as a mini-series with little golden nuggets like the mini-sode with Paul McGann tying it up with a bow. Kindest, purofilion

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

Remember, marriage is a serious commitment…..

Craig @craig
    Emperor

The notice board at Tufnell Park Tube Station today. Hooray to whoever did this.

Tufnell Park Tube Station Doctor Who

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Our hero @danmartinuk has just got to meet his hero.

Arbutus @arbutus

@craig    That is so great– both posts actually, but particularly the first. Definitely more of our heroes should carry screwdrivers, sonic or otherwise!   🙂

janetteB @janetteb

@craig  I echo @arbutus‘ words. Both are lovely posts and I am pleased for our Dan but the words on that Tube notice are worth recording. They express just what makes Dr Who the wonderful creation that it is. (I was going to use the word “show” but it is so much more than just a TV show.

Cheers

Janette

Anonymous @

my oh my: that notice at Tufnell Park Tube @craig made me shed a tear. How perfectly did it echo everything we love about Who?

How clever and funny was it? -like Who.

How literate and concise? -like Who.

Obviously a serious Whofan. Happy day.

Kindest, puro.

DanMartinUK @danmartinuk

Hello! Yes that tube message was lovely. It was a quote from Moffat at the Celebration last year as I remember. I did a little tear when heard it, as I remember

Whisht @whisht

Great posts there @craig!
    And great to see @danmartinuk too – is that Capaldi shirt a map of the stars??

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

Anonymous @

Ah @danmartinuk it was a quote from Moffat, well, he is a serious WhoFan being, well, basically, Who itself. Cripes. I did not know that.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Yumeshi @yumeshi

Hello there!

I just signed up here, for I needed to chat with someone about Doctor Who. I really want to meet other crazy people out there in the universe.

So here I am! Hope we’ll get along well 😉

Arbutus @arbutus

@yumeshi    Welcome! I hope we’re not crazy here.  🙂  Jump onto some forums and share your ideas, theories, and stories. Favourite doctor, favourite villain, favourite companion? Hopes for the new series? Where do you stand on Colin Baker, romance in the TARDIS, and the return of the Time Lords? (Or choose your own controversy!)

wolfweed @wolfweed

janetteB @janetteb

Lovely clip. The fan reactions brought a big smile to the face. They expressed just how I feel about the show. Thanks @wolfweed

However I can’t help but think it was rather unfair to expect Peter and Jenna to suffer a long haul flight the morning after finishing shooting. Do the BBC not realise that even actors occasionally need sleep, still I guess they weren’t subjcted to the discomforts of economy.

Cheers

Janette

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@janetteb

However I can’t help but think it was rather unfair to expect Peter and Jenna to suffer a long haul flight the morning after finishing shooting.

That would rather depend on whether it was originally supposed to be the morning after finishing shooting. 😉

wolfweed @wolfweed

Magazine pix…
    x
    z

Whisht @whisht

Nice pic of Capaldi and the blackboard @wolfweed.

Looks like the Doctor’s trying to work out a Timeline top-left, interestingly using Gallifreyan as a tool for working out the loops and events… but looks like he may need a hand from @bluesqueakpip though…

😉

Anonymous @

Hello all. Does anyone remember  a classic Doctor Who female character – a beautiful stately woman that dressed in light light purple and light green and wore a large medieval roll-type headress/turban in lilac? I think she was 3rd or 4th Doctor perios but I’m not sure. It seems to me she was a villian but maybe not.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Anonymous – Could it be Lady Adastra from ‘The Creature from the Pit’?

z

Anonymous @

@wolfweed thank you for the clip of South Korea and their enthusiastic and really genuine love of the Show. I imagine that Capaldi will age terribly over the next few seasons  (2-3 seasons?) with tours, hectic filming etc….

When I was in Korea a few years ago, I found the people incredibly happy, lively and interested in life down here in Oz.

They surely love their Who. Tough flight schedule and all @janetteb (we know what it’s like to travel to Europe or The States and spend 32 hours on a plane!) but at least the joy that awaited them bussed away tired eyes and achy achy bones (Capaldi looks like he’d need every foot of space in 1st class!). Kindest, puro

wolfweed @wolfweed

I hear the Spiders of Metebelis 4 are far nastier than their counterparts from Metebelis 3…

wolfweed @wolfweed

Spoilerphobes may wish to stop watching @ 10mins in… (we get 12 words to describe series 8)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Peter-Capaldi-Interview

Whisht @whisht

ah – “purple turban woman”?

Can only be Eleanor Bron shooooorrley?

In one of two roles (she does love her purples):

Madame Kara

or even as a Critic (which is possibly more terrifying)

😉

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    Miapatrick @miapatrick

Just over a week to go and my boyfriend informs me of an approaching event called ‘his sister’s birthday’. Sulk, rant, mutter how typical it is. But then it turns out her birthday is on the Saturday at the end of the month, which isn’t quite as bad, and is exactly, to the letter, why I got a kindle fire last Christmas. (We’ll be going for the weekend, dogsitters allowing)

It made me realise how impatient I am to see Capaldi begin as the doctor. This really is the first important change for me, my memories of who as a child are so sketchy (which as I think I have said is weird, because I can quote Blake’s 7 and Sapphire and Steel to this day) and although I watched, and re-watched Ten, and felt concerned at Tennant and RTD’s retirement, those feelings didn’t survive the first ten minutes of TEH. All the signs seem so good so far (assuming Capaldi, unlike the character he plays and Moffatt) doesn’t lie.

I’m looking forward to the return of the @danmartinuk blog as well, though with some reservations. The next few months could be brilliant and brutal there, I’m glad this place exists as well.

@craig, that tube poster is fantastic, and if they ever decide to film another episode in the Underground, I think the creator has earned their self a walk on part…

final question- though this should proably be on the books thread: if you had a £75 book token (not amazon, a Waterstones style thing) what would you spend it on?

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

Arbutus @arbutus

@miapatrick     Yes, I empathize. My mother-in-law will be visiting next weekend, and I’m already desperately trying to figure out a way that I can sneak in a watch before Tuesday– it’s just inconceivable that I would have to wait that looonnnngggggg! (This doesn’t seem like a very grownup response to a TV show, does it? But in our defense, we have waited a long time.) I’m thinking that if I get up early enough on Sunday morning, I can sneak in a watch on my laptop, but then there’s the fear that because it’s longer than an average episode, I will get interrupted part way through. Not sure if that would be worse than waiting. Maybe if I get up when it’s still dark?

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@Arbutus- brilliant, I don’t feel quite so petty and antisocial now

Being cut off half way through could be terrible- could you get away with watching it last thing at night? Heh, as for not being grown up about it, at least we’re not locking ourselves in our rooms and watching it anyway (are we not? ) and it has been such a long time, and such an important episode. At least iPlayer exists, otherwise I’d have to come down with a cold or something….

wolfweed @wolfweed

Anonymous @

@wolfweed my computer shut down from over-heating yesterday when I was attempting to thank  you for the Sydney tour Q&A. It was interesting to note the interviewer who generally panels science shows and some years ago hosted and demonstrated cool sciency things for adults and kids. Much prefer his style to the American screaming  ‘let’s have a selfie’ ! But some good questions about fashion…I believe…Need some Mr Bowie here..

As always, Capaldi’s the gentleman, and so very funny.

Kindest, purofilion

janetteB @janetteb

I have told the boys that Sunday 24th is a “Family Day” which means strictly no interruptions, no visting friends or inviting friends over. Monday I have to go to the city so will hopefully be able to hunt down some English jelly babies as the local supplier closed down a few months back. Unfortunately I don’t think anywhere sells imported English biscuites so will have to make do with the Aussie equivilent to Jammy Dodgers and souffle recipies are at the ready. Childish? I don’t care if it is. “What is the point of being grown up if you can’t be childish sometimes.” 🙂

@wolfweed thanks again for all the links.  I also preferred the Sydney Q&A but maybe that is something to do with national cultural habits.  I disliked the shouty introduction as much as the selfie at the end of the U.S Q&A though there were some good questions especially the one about fan productions in light of this morning’s news about the opening titles.

cheers

Janette.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

Anonymous @

Matt Smith impersonator Jake Dunsbridge is back with The Doctor’s speech from The Rings Of Akhaten. It hasn’t quite got the power of Matt’s original but it has the added bonus of Jake doing Christopher Eccleston & David Tennant impressions.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Sombreros are cool…

wolfweed @wolfweed

Ay, caramba!

z

JustTheDoctor @justthedoctor

http://celestialtoystore.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=16

Have you guys seen this? I’ve seen the videos on youtube, and this thing looks incredible. They gave a link for more pictures on another forum.

http://www.themppc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by  Craig. Reason: Fixed broken link
    Anonymous @

Hi to all . Tonight Oz girl Julia Zemiro (who hosted Rock Whiz and is a rock tragic) interviewed Capaldi when he hopped off the plane in Sydney. It’s really great -hope it ends up on Youtube soon?

His connection with interviewers and the people is natural and light -great laughs too. He does a couple impersonations which are funny.

Julia’s skirt rises higher and the camera likes to zoom in….but on a sterner note, I really wish Peter would refer to ‘The Doctor” not “well: playing Dr Who is….”and Doctor Who should be…”  Small whinge. Really small 🙂

Kindest, purofilion.

PS: Note to me, buy marshmallows

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@Purofilion – given that the entire arc of Series 7 ended up being about the Question ‘Doctor Who?’, the character name may well currently be ‘Doctor Who’.

It’s entirely up to the actor: the character was credited during the BG series under both versions of the name, though not at the same time. To misquote the Smith Doctor: ‘New body. New rules.’ 😉

[Actually, if Capaldi is going for ‘Doctor Who’ on the cast list, that would be fun if he meets up with the Tennant or Smith versions. Doctor Who: Peter Capaldi. The Doctor: Matt Smith and David Tennant. ]

wolfweed @wolfweed

Timeloop @timeloop

Hey =)

How is everyone feeling 4 days before the next episode?

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@timeloop =)

Welcome back! I was thinking about you the other day along with a few others who’ve been quiet recently. I was wondering if you were going to join us for the next season. I’m very glad you could make it!

I try to be cool about these things, but I find myself getting very excited despite myself. It’s been a long time coming, but not long now…

Anonymous @

Hi I’m a retired Whovian, but my daughter is a massive fan and has booked her seat this Sat to see the latest film. As she is such a massive fan we had to build her a Tardis to arrive at her recent prom in which we have now put up for sale. It’s a well built example maybe lacking some of the more minor details but would make a great talking piece for any fan to have in their garden or business premises or wherever else you may have space for it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151386934291?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by  Craig. Reason: Fixed formatting
    wolfweed @wolfweed

Last video from the tour… (another cracker)

wolfweed @wolfweed

z
    zz

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 999 total)

The topic ‘On The Sofa (5)’ is closed to new replies.