Spoilers

Home Forums General Spoilers

This topic contains 932 replies, has 79 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 933 total)
  • Author
    Craig @craig
    Emperor

Oh, and not a spoiler but a joke going around is that, after The Eleventh Hour, the Christmas episode will now be called Twelfth Night.

I can believe that 😀

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

Well, Moffat’s team cast Matt Smith when they were looking for someone in their forties… so I’m sure they’ll pick the right person. 🙂

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@craig– makes sense.

That’s why I was so surprised to hear it.

They seemed to pull off a nice surprise with JLC. I do think, though, maybe it was possible to place the leak in the realm of gossip/misdirection. I mean, some people ‘say’ they got an email they shouldn’t have. How do they prove it? ah well. Like I said before, doesn’t necessarily mean no more Matt Smith. (I’m clutching at straws…)

Very surprising the way they’re handling it: two weeks after the season finale

Some idiot copied the wrong people into an email.

Miapatrick @miapatrick

Bluesqueakpip- yes. Matt Smith was an almost unexpected piece of genius, I do have confidence in Moffit’s casting.

I rather do hope this time it is someone in their 40’s. It shows Moffs skill, following a young Doctor with another young Doctor without replication, but it would make more sense now to get someone older.

Timeloop @timeloop

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!?!?!? What?!?! Please dont leave us, Matt =( I really thought I heard several accounts saying he said yes to a season eight?

That really came out of the blue for me. I thought he got better and better and better with the role and was really looking forward to more =((

FishComBobulated @fishcombobulated

@craig  – thanks

Who knew that email would be the Big Bad this summer? (The Great Intelligence…?)

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@fishcombobulated That made me properly laugh. The Doctor defeated by email and forced to regenerate. His new secret weapons are pen, paper and the postal service.

@craig – So his new uber villain: “The Post Men.” Future ep entitled: “The Post Men Always Ring Twice.”

CraigNixon @craignixon

Well, spoilers are below but relevant spoilers that may not be spoilers. So, if you’re senstive, don’t look below the line….

Really

Don’t tempt yourself!
    Really
    Really
    Really
    I’m giving you every chance

(And please, move this to spoilers if it costitutes one, I don’t class it as one but some people may)

Will Wheaton (yeah, Wesley!) has apparantly said on twitter that the part has been cast. He apparantly thought that everyone ‘in the know’ would know by now. He didn’t say who, but apparantly he has tipped Chiwetel Ejiofor (Serenity) in the recent past

Anonymous @

@craignixon – I was a bit snappish with you earlier, and want to apologise and explain.  If you think a comment needs to be preceded with ‘don’t look if you don’t want to know!’ then that comment should be posted on the Spoilers thread only.

It’s a weird line to get a handle on, I admit.  ‘The Next Doctor’ thread might sound like a place to put rumours, tweets, things-somebody-heard etc about the casting of the role of the Doctor after Matt Smith, but this is a good example to explain the bonkers theorising ™ for which this site is famous.  The Next Doctor thread is where people can discuss what they want / think / hope might happen; but all theorising is done with no foreknowledge at all.  That’s the beauty of theorising – it’s examining everything we’ve learnt to date and projecting possible futures based on what has happened and what our individual hopes are.  Spoilers kill theorising stone dead.

@craignixon et all

Spoiler (or not) related chat

x

x

I’d be cautious about reading too much into that – there’s no reason to suppose that Wheaton is in the loop, but even if he is comes over as the sort of person who would happily play along with misinformation. He has never come across as an arsehole (expect when playing You Know Who).

Plus CE would be an absolute shoo-in for The Master.

CraigNixon @craignixon

Shazzbot- don’t worry about it. I didn’t think it classed as a spoiler but I knew some people might which is why I gave lead in. 
    It’s a fair point and I’ll err to ubercaution.
    IANAFIAAFM- cant see why he’d know but I’d love some firefly / who crossover. Adam Baldwin would be brilliant as a companion. 🙂

@craignixon

Well I suppose it would be too confusing to have another River….

Casting spoiler potentially:

The bookies on the next Doctor have stopped taking bets in the last few hours, seeming to give credence to the casting rumor today. I won’t say who it is, but you can do a quick search. If I find more sources beyond that they have heard that the offer was accepted or if it’s all bunkum, I’ll check back here.

If no one wants to know, I’ll gladly refrain, which is why I placed this in spoilers.

Timeloop @timeloop

What was it?

Nothing has changed. The book makers are still closed. The name that shut down bookies from Britain to the US and Australia is Rory Kinnear. However, it’s been two days, so I’d imagine it’d be otherwise reported. My hunch is that they got word that someone is cast or soon to be so don’t want to take a hit, whether it’s Kinnear or not. I imagine, however, that the BBC has gotten wise enough to start using both the internet and the book makers as a way of testing out the fan reaction to the various names being bandied.

Anonymous @

bong

bong

bong

Cloister Bell…..

warning against possible spoilers

bong

bong

bong

On Hurt’s Doctor’s costume…

It looks to me rather like McGann’s costume crossed with Eccleston’s. And I’d argue that this is designed to date him in the Doc’s timeline. There’s also some militaristic trappings there, which scream ‘Time War’ Doctor to me…

(Of course, that could be exactly what Moffatt wants us to think….)

Has anyone else been following the reports/rumors about “the special surprise present” the BBC has planned for the anniversary?

HTPBDET @htpbdet

@bluesqueakpip

have you seen the cover of this month’s Doctor Who Monthly???

Tennant is wearing a costume which throws every theory into doubt…possibly…

@htpbdet – don’t get too excited – those are both the ‘post-regeneration’ costumes they first wore before they adopted their own official costumes.

David Tennant is wearing Nine’s costume and Matt Smith is wearing the ‘raggedy Doctor’ costume.

HTPBDET @htpbdet

@bluesqueakpip

Not excited – truly!

But  both are not as young as when they first wore those costumes…so it may or may not be something…

@htpbdet

Well, if they’re wearing those costumes in the 50th, and it’s not just for the DWM cover story (which is, after all, on regeneration) then we’ve already had several theories which would fit.

One: the Eleventh Doctor is trapped in his own timestream and can no longer visit any event except the ones in his own life. (he revisits the regenerations).

Two: there’s an alternate history from when Nine regenerates into Ten.

Three: the reboot involves reversing every regeneration – from Eleven back to Hartnell/Troughton.

I will now return to the light, having been called over to visit the ‘dark side’ of the Spoilers forum. 🙂

HTPBDET @htpbdet

@bluesqueakpip

I prefer to think that the Zygons are copying the Doctor but getting it wrong…

Or that it is a trick…

Your 1 does not enlighten me; your 2 does not explain why Tennant is wearing Eccelston’s outfit; your 3 makes me physically ill….

Sorry!

@HTBDET –

Don’t blame me – those aren’t all my theories. I don’t like namechecking people in the spoilers forum as I can never remember who avoids it like the plague.

1. That one is, I think, mine. With other people adding bits. Basically, having entered his own time-stream the Doctor can now only exit it within his own past. He’s stuck between Gallifrey and Trenzalore. So he might revisit a regeneration for some reason – and if we see bits that weren’t previously filmed, then of course Tennant and Smith will have to put the old costumes back on.

Supporting evidence. The ‘extra’ raggedy Doctor in The Eleventh Hour. The dark figure flitting through little Amelia’s kitchen who was identified by eagle-eyed fans as Matt Smith in the raggedy doctor costume. This never has fit the official explanation of ‘it was a bit planned for “The Big Bang” that we ended up not using’ because Smith is wearing the wrong costume for ‘The Big Bang’.

If that ‘extra’ raggedy Doctor does end up being used, all I can say is that it was indeed a very long game being played.

2. An alternate history doesn’t necessarily mean Ten doesn’t look like Ten. We’ve already had an alternate history where Ten still looks like Ten – Turn Left, where he dies. Perhaps he crashes the TARDIS or something. 🙂

3. Can’t help that – it’s been suggested… 😈

Anonymous @

@bluesqueakpip – re @htpbdet

It’s How To Punish Bad Daleks – ExTerminate!

How could you forget Pertwee?  🙂

@Shazzbot – unfortunately I can’t remember the sentence, either….

HTPBDET @htpbdet
    Anonymous @

oooh, @htpbdet (Jeff 😉  Sorry, I said I wouldn’t do that any more!) – that is indeed a bit spoilerish.  We will have to keep those details to ourselves.  Unless – it’s more ‘misdirection’ – ie. lying – from the production crew?

Take care, and don’t eat the lime jelly 🙂

Anonymous @

@nick – Did you follow the links further down the rabbit hole? In the  “we can’t do 11 Doctor’s” article (just below the pic of the 11 Doctors) there’s a link to another article about the 50th special being “movie length”. In that one (just below the pic of Tennant & Smith together) there’s this link. The proverbial cat is apparently now out of the bag that DrHurt slots in between McGann & Eccleston. Time War here we come!

And in the “50th might be controversial” article there’s a link (just above the clip from Digital Spy) to another article where Moff talks about casting the next Doctor. He doesn’t give any hints about who the next Doctor will be, but he says there will be a “traditional regeneration” in “the closing moments” of the Xmas special, with the 1st season of the new Doctor in “late summer 2014”.

tacticaltimmy12 @tacticaltimmy12

Sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place, but I’m new and didn’t want to say anything that could spoil Season 6 for anybody who hasn’t seen it yet.  Feel free to move this post if it should be someplace else.

I’m way confused. The timeline in season six seems all messed up, or the writers made a huge goof, or more than likely I’m just really missing something.when River tells tells Amy that the doctor is still alive, it looks like its within a day or two of him dying in Utah, which would mean that Amy is pregnant with river, but they are at the house that the doctor gave them after river was born, which seems like the writers put the doctors death way later than it actually happened. What going on?

wolfweed @wolfweed

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

http://www.combom.co.uk/2013/07/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-trailer_21.html

Trailer breakdown

Nick @nick

All

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/jul/22/doctor-who-comic-con

I think this counts as a spoiler. Sorry one day I may work out how links work here 😉 (or rather I probably wont)

Nick

Craig @craig
    Emperor

A spoiler and a note. First the note: I’ve fixed the Activity stream so, while it will show that you have posted in the Spoiler forum, none of your post will show, it will just say “SPOILERS”, so there’s no need anymore to write a few sentences first – I’m just testing it works by posting here now.

And now the spoiler:

This is in the Radio Times, but I thought it best to put it here anyway.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-07-22/new-doctor-likely-be-announced-in-august-according-to-sources

According to sources, one of either Colin Baker, Paul McGann, Tom Baker, Sylvester McCoy or Peter Davison will be in the feature length special episode alongside Tennant’s Doctor and the current incumbent Matt Smith.

I’m betting McGann. Must be…

Nick @nick

@craig and others (sorry its question)

Ami right in assuming that the principal photography on the Christmas special has already been completed ? If not do we have any idea when it is planned ?

After reading your post and the link, it struck me that if D 11 ( 12 🙂 ) regenerates at the end of the Christmas special then that might be the ideal place for SM to include some new back scenes of previous Doctors as part of the regeneration sequence (rather as was done for Doctor 4 and 5). It even struck me that you could explain why they have aged (the personality memories have continued to age in his mind). Just a thought.

I thinks its most likely to be Paul McGann too.

Nick

HTPBDET @htpbdet

@craig @nick

Curiouser and curiouser…

I wonder if we have all been duped into thinking Eccleston is not involved and this push to make us all believe it is McGann is part of the SM distraction process?

When I saw the Daleks photos, though, I did wonder if the Daleks were invading the McGann Tardis (or at least some TARDIS) rather than Gallifrey…

I was under the impression that the filming for the Christmas Special had not started officially, although, of course, scenes may have been recorded ahead of time.

Genuinely, I don’t think we can be sure of anything and the more the “evidence” seems to suggest the time War and McGann, the more I wonder what it really means…

🙂

Nick @nick

@htpbdet

I certainly don’t believe anything Mr Moffat says right now for sure. It wouldn’t surprise me if Chris doesn’t show up as well or instead. I also thought it a bit of a strange leak (or rather deliberate plant ?) as I can’t see what exactly they have to gain by doing this in what looks like a low key way.

On the Christmas episode shoot, I genuinely have no idea at all, except that I would have thought it would be cheaper to shoot as much as possible with the anniversary show, especially given there is only 1 month (roughly) between viewing dates and the long lead times for SF, Editing and music.

Nick

janetteB @janetteb

I hope it is McGann too. I makes sense having not seen his regeneration into the next incarnation. I would assume that the plan was to then show Hurt Dr regenerate into Ecclestone Dr but given C.E. notorious refusal to have anything to do with Dr Who now I would be very surprised if he does make an appearance. This is of course assuming that Hurt is the ninth regeneration. I would not be surprised if Moffat is leading us up the proverbial garden path and Hurt in not 9 after all.

@htpbdet good to see you back. Hope you are well over the last op’.

Cheers

Janette

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Just another site contributing to the rumour, sounds very possible, I hope it’s true:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/25/looks-like-paul-mcgann-has-filmed-a-new-doctor-who-something-but-what/

Timeloop @timeloop

@wolfweed Thank you so much for the link as always. Can’t wait to see it myself.

A quick hello to everyone else who dares to walk on this grounds, good to have you back @htpbdet and thanks to @craig for beeing so protective over this forum ^^

Anonymous @

Lindsay Russell has been announced as the new Doct… Oh, wait… Sorry, my mistake, she’s the new Blue Peter presenter :mrgreen:

Pigman @pigman

I am about to blow your mind, John Hurt is the 8.5 Doctor if you Should say, who killed the Timelords, so thats why in the episode he said ‘What I did was without choice’ So thats who John Hurt is in DW, now on to the Time War the Doctor Could maybe live forever if he killed the Timelords he must of stolen there regeneration energy to live on. MIND BLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janetteB @janetteb

I was chatting to the Pres’ of the local fan club last night and he too has heard rumours that McGann is to appear in the 50th. Fingers and toes crossed that there is some substance to the rumour.

Cheers

Janette

janetteB @janetteb

Oh and P.S. @craig. I suspect we have “another one.” They never give up do they? (rolls eyes.)

Keep up the good work..

Cheers

Janette

CraigNixon @craignixon

Hehehe, I enjoy the trolls, they add colour (a disturbing shade of puce I believe)

Really cannot wait, I always felt Mcgann got short shrift, he in fact, really was ‘my doctor’ as the TV movie was the first one I watched as a child!

(Didn’t own a TV when reboot started so didn’t know it was on until last episode or two)

Anonymous @

@craignixon

I always felt Mcgann got short shrift, he in fact, really was ‘my doctor’ as the TV movie was the first one I watched as a child!

In that case, I guess ‘your’ Master is Eric Roberts. That makes me feel sorry for you. Nobody should have to have Eric Roberts as ‘their’ anything.

Anonymous @

So I was on BleedingCool one day when an small little article debating the possibility of McGann returning to screen as the 8th docy caught my attention. Still rumors and bathroom talk to be sure, but I will be duly satisfied if McGann does get a bit of new screen time, even, as in the article it theorised, he might simply be involved in a prologue or something similar.

But I certainly am looking forward to further elaboration of the Time War. 😀

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@Rilgar Great to have you aboard and thanks for joining in.

I’ve moved your post to the Spoilers forum. Hope you don’t mind. If it’s not from the BBC or from The Radio Times, then the Spoilers forum is where it belongs. Even some of The Radio Times stuff needs to stay in the Spoilers forum (see my own post above).

Your own speculation elsewhere is fine, but suggestion that there is a source for that speculation will scare some people off from visiting the site.

We kinda have a “theories and official news are fine everywhere, but rumours belong in the spoilers forum” policy.

Anonymous @

@Rilgar – to add to @craig ’s comment, there is an Etiquette tab at the top right of the main page. There, you will see this:

Spoilers

Many of us are guilty of posting things we’ve heard or read about without thinking. I would urge everyone to try to avoid posting spoilers in any main thread. There is a News thread for official news, which is usually stuff posted on the BBC’s site or in The Radio Times. If you do come across a spoiler somewhere and want to post it we have a Spoilers thread.”

Please enjoy our site @Rilgar, and respect our adherence to possible spoilers being sequestered from the main threads.

Dammit it, I’m always late for the public executions!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.