General thread – fan creativity

Home Forums Fan creativity General thread – fan creativity

This topic contains 1,012 replies, has 280 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

@midnyt  that is absolutely gorgeous: and yep, who really minds what it says! I just love the whorls and circles; like the whorls on the pads of our fingers -endless time moving across the universe…or is that a Lennon song? 🙂

Kindest,

purofilion

midnyt @midnyt

@purofilion – I think you’ll like this one too then.  From the side of the cot, generally thought to be the doctor’s name.

Cut out of Con-Tact paper in a medium-dark wood pattern.

Not sure where I’m going to stick this one yet.  It’s about 17 inches wide.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

After discussing the possibility of a Sci-Fi western mini-season, I thought I’d have a quick look at imaging, because I was trying to remember how to get that sepia look manually (I use GIMP which is both great, free and has a funny name, but its inbuilt tools for that kind of thing are limiting).

Anyway – not perfect, but in compiling this, I ended up wishing we could afford a time machine to actually organise this to be filmed. We could call it “The Magnificent-ish Seven”.

The magnificent-ish seven

Stickfiddler @stickfiddler

I thought of a great idea for a Weeping Angel episode.

So you know how the image of an Angel is an Angel? Well, the idea is that this one Angel goes and preempts every single TV channel in the world, and broadcasts itself live on all the TVs all over the world. Since there are like billions of TVs all over the world, the Angel by doing so essentially clones itself by creating billions of images of Angels, and therefore, billions of Angels.

Thoughts?

Anonymous @

@stickfiddler – 😮 I’m never watching TV again!. Don’t want to be an Angel 😮

On a serious note though, I quite like that idea. It’s a sinister twist on what The Doctor did with The Silence.

Anonymous @

@phaseshift – Sorry, meant to say nice artistry. I find the sepia look difficult to achieve even with Photoshop’s filters. it never looks natural to my  (admittedly untrained) eyes. Love the fonts too. What did you use?

I quite like GIMP myself. It’s only the lack of Adjustment Layers that stops me using it more often. That said, my copy is over 3 years old so they may have introduced them since.

Here’s one I did of the Sixth Doctor. I’m unsure about it though. Think it needs more colour 😉

midnyt @midnyt

@stickfiddler – That is absolutely horrifying.  Oh but I love it!

@fatmaninabox – I like it the way it is.  I don’t think it needs more color.

Anonymous @

@phaseshift — loving the wanted poster. May have to have a Western binge this weekend now….

@fatmaninabox — that pic makes the Sixth almost cool. I like the way his hair is all Medusa-like….

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

Doctor Who meets Japanese tokusatsu

Weird and wonderful!

ScaryB @scaryb

Just adding to the general enthusiasm for recent artwork posts.

Great poster @phaseshift (and love the new home page avatar @wolfweed )

Meant to comment on @midnyt‘s beautiful Gallifreyan scripts before (and say hi to (fairly!) new member)

@fatmaninabox – no it doesn’t need any more colour 😉 but agree with @jimthefish‘s remark that you’ve made him look much pretty cool. (If only you’d been on JNT’s team in the 80s)

@blenkinsopthebrave Doctor Who meets Japanese tokusatsu sounds irresistibly intriguing – but the youtube acount’s been deleted

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@scaryb

Damn!

Here is a site that still seems to have it.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/32887/votd-japanese-style-doctor-who-parody

It really is quite entertaining (if you can see it, that is!)

ScaryB @scaryb

@blenkinsopthebrave

Like Dr Who from a parallel universe! Very odd, but yes strangely entertaining.

Sonic screw sword indeed!

midnyt @midnyt

I made . . . well . . umm . . they’re shrinky dinks. ( also known as shrink plastic or poly shrink)

There’s a US Quarter to get a sense of scale. They are about one and half inches tall.
    The one on the right was colored with a regular blue Sharpie and the one on the left a metallic blue marker by Bic (their answer to a Sharpie). The color of the metallic one reminds me more of the ninth doctor’s TARDIS which wasn’t that bright blue that was used on the eleventh doctors. I actually like it better.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@fatmaninabox @jimthefish @scaryb

Many thanks for the kind words. I would have been happy with “It doesn’t completely suck”. 😉

@fatmaninabox

Actually, given my natural feelings towards six, that’s really good. Do we have a candidate for our cover image for the six review?

From the GIMP forums they are looking to implement trial versions of Adjustment layers in the next major upgrade (3) and have them more or less finalised for 3.2 (which some think is optimistic). To be honest I used Photoshop before they became a big feature, and I’ve never grown to use them effectively, so I think it’s a case of “you never miss what you never had” for me.

In the end for my attempt at a Sepia look, I largely followed this online tutorial with a few tweaks. I think a bit more trial and error would get it “about right” (which is the nearest I’ll ever aim for). The fonts I download from here: The “Wanted” is Rio Grande, the Actors names NashVille and the character names Bleeding Cowboy, but you can see there are plenty to chew over.

wolfweed @wolfweed

wolfweed @wolfweed

midnyt @midnyt

TARDIS in Circular Gallifreyan on a damask-syle TARDIS background.

TARDIS

EllaWelly @ellawelly

I made a Dr Who Tardis Journal (like the River Song’s one)! Check it out 🙂

janetteB @janetteb

@midnyt Love the art work. Great pattern there.

Cheers

Janette

Anonymous @

Fan art based on the Series 8 trailer.

quirky-artist-charlie @quirky-artist-charlie

Hello, everyone.
    I recently uploaded this YouTube video of myself doing voice impressions of Doctors 1 – 11. I know I have a lot of progress to make, but any specific critiques are greatly appreciated!

wolfweed @wolfweed

Anonymous @

@phaseshift

Do we have a candidate for our cover image for the six review?

I meant to get back to you on that but got a bit distracted by Twitter. Yes, I’m happy for it to be used so I’ve ‘squarified’ it.

kenseavert @kenseavert

I am part of a team that builds Doctor Who art projects and I recently just helped construct a Tardis vehicle for an art festival called Burning Man! Our Tardis stands about ten feet tall, it moves, spins, lights up, and makes the Tardis sound of course! People already love seeing the Tardis there, and this year we are trying to go over the top and bring the Pandorica to life! I wont spoil anything for those who dont know what the Pandorica is, but imagine a huge 8ft x 8ft cube with glowing green intricate carvings! A project this cool is only possible with support from fans of the show like you

Follow this link for all about what we want to do and how we can show our thanks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/481267856/the-tardis-and-pandorica-in-black-rock-city?ref=nav_search

Here’s to bringing the Pandorica to life!Cheesy

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@kenseavert I love Burning Man. I’ve been twice and hope to go again next year. I went in 2012 and bumped into a TARDIS. This is me, in my kilt, checking it out (have no idea what I’m doing with my sporran – looking for gifts to hand out I think – it was Olympic year so I was giving everyone gold medals and kept them there). Is that your TARDIS, or an earlier or later regeneration’s?

TARDIS at Burning Man

I applaude your efforts. That same year I also bumped into a fire breathing Dalek. A firey Pandorica could be amazing. Good luck.

Dalek at Burning Man

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@fatmaninabox

Many thanks for the image. Timely, as it reminds me to launch the vote for Colin campaign.

@craig

Great shots from Burning Man. I don’t know what it is with you Scots – any chance to flash off yer’ kneecaps. 😀

lotusofskaro @lotusofskaro

Well I haven’t really been keeping up with conversation on this thread, but in the field of fanfiction, which I enjoy a lot, I thought maybe I could give some fanfic reccomendations.

3 doctors, 9 companions, What could possibly go wrong? By Seafoam-Tainted-Memoirs is a well written, descriptive fanfiction.net novel past 270 chapters about the domestic side of the doctors life. The core idea is that all the doctors and all the companions are stuck together in the tardis, but the author manages to get the interraction between the characters right.If your looking for Overlying complex story arcs, you won’t find any here. The whole story is based in small adventures. The one thing I dont like about this novel is Whouffle, which I have always disagreed with, as I like the doctors relationship with river. Character development is great.

The War of the Guardians series by TimeLordPrime is another of the ones I enjoy. Its idea is that rose has a fob watch and is the doctors wife on gallifrey and susans grandmother. It has a fair amount of the complex story arcs, and introduces some new and interesting concepts. The character development is less than the other fics that I have reviewed. Thats one of the main problems with me. The other problem is once again that the doctor is not with river, which doesn’t sit well with me. Also there are TOO MANY characters, up to the point that the author forgets some, sorry if your reading this, but its true. And thats the main reason why character development is so weak. Basically, Rose is the only DIFFERENT person.

The Actor is a GREAT short novel written by shivver. Character development and arcs are spot on. Its based around the idea that David tennant travels with the real eleventh doctor, with an excellent twist ending.

Rose And Ten, The Inbetweens and b backstories by SciFiFanForever is just what rose and the doctor get up to Inbetween episodes in series 2. Its written well and its what first g ot me in to fanfiction so I suggest u try I t.

Im thinking of starting up my own fanfiction soon, and I wil give any updates along the way. If any of the authors of these stories are on here I would love to talk to you cos I are the BEST!

masterkingston @masterkingston

Doctor Who Whovian Test. Test Your Knowledge

.1 What Does The TARDIS Stand For?

.2 What Is The Name Of The First Monster That the 9th Doctor encountered?

.3 Who owns K-9 MK-3, and where are they?

.4 What did the Krillitanes  mate with to get their wings

.5 What is Lady Cassandra’s full name?

wolfweed @wolfweed

midnyt @midnyt

I’m doing all the doctors in circular gallifreyan.  I’ve done 8-12 and will be working my way backwards from here.

The images are “layered”.  The actor’s name is on top of their number.

Because I only have 5 doctors done but 6 spaces, the bottom right says “the oncoming storm”

enjoy

Anonymous @

@midnyt what a terrific effort and very creative. Well done indeed. Purofilion

Anonymous @

@ellawelly  what a great friend you are and a patient (boy!) clever and creative person. I love the diary. The work in that, well, I could never ever do: but I’d love one. I live in Oz though…. Keep on working, who knows what you might make next. Kindest, purofilion

wolfweed @wolfweed
    takemetomyraggedyman @takemetomyraggedyman

Hello! I’m working on a cosplay of Osgood from Day of the Doctor. So far, I have the scarf, glasses and inhaler. I know where to get the rest of what I need, so I’m wondering what you guys think so far!

Juniperfish @juniperfish

Hello 🙂 @takemetomyraggedyman  – excellent so far! Did you knit the scarf?

Whisht @whisht

@takemetomyraggedyman – to be honest I thought that was a picture of the actress on first glance!

Excellent – guessing the labcoat is next?
    Hope you’re enjoying the forum – why not plunge in and let us know about your favourite Doctor(s) on the Faces of The Doctor thread!

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Anonymous @

Hey Doctor Who fans!  Check this out.  You may have seen Ginny DiGuiseppi from Not Literally and Matt Elliott, Eleventh Doctor Lookalike in the Through Time video that was posted last year.  Well, Ginny is at it again with a new adventure designed to bring geeks of different skill sets together to create great things and needs your help!  Any donation will help – no matter the amount!  Please also share the campaign with your friends.

The best tier, I think, is the Tardis quilt or quillow (quilt in a pillow – that’s bigger on the inside!).  Act fast!  Only one available and it expires in the next 11 hours!  By purchasing this quilt you will be helping a start-up company get off the ground AND get a fabulous quilt made by a professional quilter delivered directly to your door!

Thanks for reading.  Again, please donate and/or share this campaign with your friends.

@juniperfish

I bought the scarf. It was a bit expensive, but it would’ve been a bit too difficult for me to make, because I don’t know how to knit.

@whisht

Thank you! I’m glad it’s looking that good! Yup, the lab coat and the jeans are next! I got the shirt for it a few days ago.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Here’s my new series 8 trailer:

wolfweed @wolfweed

Daleks on Sesame Street? ENUMERATE!

z

http://geekmom.com/2014/08/sesame-street-45/

janetteB @janetteb

@wolfweed the trailer for the real series 8 is excellent. You should be a professional trailer maker.

Cheers

Janette

Motterman @motterman

Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but they are having a new Dr. Who Con starting up in Maryland this coming March. They already have Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy as guests lined up, with more guests to be announced soon: https://regenerationwho.com

They also have a Facebook page which may be easier to keep up to date with more guest announcements as they come:

https://www.facebook.com/regenerationwho

wolfweed @wolfweed

wolfweed @wolfweed
    GuyOfOdd @guyofodd

What do you get if you blend all thirteen faces of the Doctor together into a single face?

wolfweed @wolfweed

Meanwhile, in South Korea…

z
    z
    z

Anonymous @

@wolfweed I actually watched the whole average faces vid and was heartily impressed. Perhaps we would all look like this at some point? Well, if white, at least, and male…sticky territory.

janetteB @janetteb

What I found amusing about the video is how dominant Colin Baker’s facial type was perhaps because almost all the other actors tend to have long thin faces so his square head have a big effect on the final face shape. I also noticed a surprising similarity between Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi.

I love the felt Strax. A perfect kid’s toy. BBC take note..

Cheers

Janette

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 1,013 total)

The topic ‘General thread – fan creativity’ is closed to new replies.