On the Sofa (part 2)

Home Forums General On the Sofa (part 2)

This topic contains 918 replies, has 85 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 901 through 919 (of 919 total)
  • Author
    janetteB @janetteb

Hi @juniperfish. Nice to hear from you. Feels like the end the summer here too but a different kind of summer.

I too am really looking forward to seeing how Capaldi interprets the role, what he brings to it, what he will wear, which accent he will use.. sad though I am to loose Matt.Β  Ah the beauty of regeneration..

Cheers

Janette

ScaryB @scaryb

<waves @juniperfish>

Great to see you back on the sofa fishy friend.

I imagine Mr. Capaldi making faces in the mirror, tap-dancing with butterflies,Β as the Doctor starts to inhabit him.

Love it

@janetteb Aha! It’s only a matter of time! (the king is dead, long live the king!)

Welcome to @Juniperfush’s blue box of anticipation!

Juniperfish @juniperfish

@janetteb and @scaryb

Thanks for the welcome back πŸ™‚

Yes, the collective fandom hasn’t properly mourned, appreciated and given retrospective thought to Matt’s era yet and I look forward to being able to do that, once he has (undoubtedly) made us cry at his final departure.

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@juniperfish – Hello! And good to see you back!

I suspect the collective fandom is in denial. Our young-old Doctor is about to be replaced by an old-young Doctor. πŸ™‚

Mind you, the way the last three regenerations have practically had to beat women off with the proverbial baseball bat, I’m not surprised the Doctor’s subconscious is muttering “if you really don’t fancy getting into bed with them, maybe looking a bit older would be a good move?”

wolfweed @wolfweed
    blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@wolfweed

Brilliant link to the Van Gogh painting. Had thought exactly that when I first read about it. Clearly, it was painted under the influence of Amy!

Which causes me to reflect on why Richard Curtis is not praised more for that truly wonderful episode.

janetteB @janetteb

I saw the article about the painting but I hadn’t noticed the Tardis in the top left corner. Amazingly it really does look like the Tardis. I bet that brought a smile to the face of Richard Curtis. And he thought it was all just him imagination.:)

Cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

z

wolfweed @wolfweed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn69JDysOAk

Is the Chocolatier in this advert June Hudson, Dr Who costume designer (who designed T Baker’s season 18 outfit amongst other things)?
    z

wolfweed @wolfweed

https://www.youtube.com/user/WhoniverseMusic

The entire series 7 soundtrack…
    z

Juniperfish @juniperfish

Waves at @bluesqueakpip πŸ™‚

and also at @phaseshift (You were asking me about Nine Worlds, way back when. It was great – will definitely attend again.)

Woohoo – Autumn is coming, the dematerialisation circuit is almost back online…

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@juniperfish

Nice to see you back with us! As a fan-fiction fan I hope you caught @jimthefish s and @wolfweed s contributions on the blogs.

I just got back from a stay in York which was a little depressing (to see it become even more of a homogenised McCity since I was last there). So I’m catching up on the news of a potential Who smorgasbord in November.

Glad you enjoyed Nine Worlds. It’s one of the ones I may hit myself in the future as I’ve heard a few good reports about the atmosphere.

ScaryB @scaryb

Anyone picked up any news yet about possible screenings in London on 23rd Nov?

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@danmartinuk has a great sense of timing. On my first day back he reviews “Trial of a Time Lord” in his continuing series.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/sep/13/trial-timelord-doctor-who-classic-episode

DanMartinUK @danmartinuk

Hello Again Gang. It has been a while!

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@danmartinuk – welcome! Hope the new position as Entertainment Editor of Buzzfeed is treating you well (after all the times I’ve whored this site on your columns on the Guardian, some payback must be due). πŸ˜‰

Very generous write-up for Trials. Few will be happy though. Someone on Twitter seems to be warning Ian Levine about his namecheck, so if it comes to blows, just remember he’s a big lad and slow. Quick jabs, dodge and weave!

Looking forward to the McCoy period. Remembrance followed by Curse of Fenric?! or is that a state secret?

chickenelly @chickenelly

Not sure if this is exactly news, but for those who missed it, I was in Lakeland today and was confronted by a whole big display along the theme of guess what?

cake

Here’s the link to the full range with the tagline ‘Make, Bake, Exterminate’:
    http://www.lakeland.co.uk/brands/doctor-who?intcmp=INTSRCH:doctorwho

Anonymous @

This thread has been closed as it was reaching its maximum posting limit.

You can find the bright shiny newly-upholstered but still luxuriously comfy sofa here: http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/on-the-sofa-3/

Viewing 19 posts - 901 through 919 (of 919 total)

The topic ‘On the Sofa (part 2)’ is closed to new replies.