The Day of The Doctor – The 50th Anniversary Special

Home Forums Episodes The Eleventh Doctor The Day of The Doctor – The 50th Anniversary Special

This topic contains 963 replies, has 80 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 964 total)
  • Author
    Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@blenkinsopthebrave

To quote good old Wikipedia:

It is usually understood as having two aspects: firstly, that a time traveller cannot “redo” an act that he has previously committed, and secondly, that a dangerous energy discharge will result if two temporal versions of the same person come into contact.

@thommck – (replying to your post in the news thread)

I can’t see anything, but I’m sure there are people out there going through this pixel by pixel.

Given that we were seeing an awful lot of ‘mirroring’ in the last part of S7, with all those ‘mirror Doctors’ and posters where Clara ‘mirrors’ the Doctor, I’d say that Ten’s floppy fringe is because we’re now seeing the true mirror image. The Doctor, mirroring himself. The Tennant Doctor is in his brown suit, and they’ve lit/photoshopped the poster to make it look the same shade as the Smith Doctor’s purple coat. Similarly, they’re both in a blue shirt. And they both have floppy fringes, swept to their right sides.

Likewise, the positioning of the Hurt Doctor suggests that – past or future – he is ‘inside’ both the Tennant and the Smith Doctors. He’s either their shared past, or he’s a future that terrifies them both.

Though I’d say that the destroyed Daleks and the Gallifreyan symbols strongly suggest the Time War. 😀

wolfweed @wolfweed

John Hurt has what looks to be a sonic screwdriver on a red setting, as seen in ‘Cold War’…

Pockets745 @pockets745

Am I able to watch online?  I do not have access to any shows through my TV, except through the Internet.  I have only recently gotten into Doctor Who (less than a year) and would really love to be able to watch the 50th Anniversary show when it airs instead of waiting for it to be available to buy on iTunes or Amazon.

If this is the wrong place to post this, I am sorry.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@blenkinsopthebrave @bluesqueakpip

You know, the first thing that popped into my head when hearing the title was Day of the Daleks, but I was thinking more about the speculation that the “end point” of Trenzalore might be a false future based on a Paradox. That was largely what that Dalek story was about – the Daleks using a Paradox to re-write the human future to their advantage.

So I still like the idea that Trenzalore will be shown to be a false future, and by eliminating that potential we ditch concepts like the Valeyard (which SM has helpfully tied to Trenzalore by mention in Name of the Doctor). If Capaldi turns out to be the thirteenth incarnation of “the Time Lord most often called the Doctor” we can have a nice arc about that, and leave him unencumbered by the 12 regenerations issue into the future.

ScaryB @scaryb

Thanks eveyone for all the news updates. Poster looks amazing! And yes @bluesqueakpip, helluva lot of mirroring going on it. And T’s changed his hairstyle. Combover..??

Re the title – liking all the riffs on Day of the Daleks – Moffat is on record as saying that was his favourite ever Dr Who story – particularly because of its timeywimeyness.

@phaseshift and @scaryb (and @craig) – ooh, Day of the Daleks. A quick check shows that it is available online at the moment. Also available from Amazon at £6.50 and the BBC shop at £8.99.

I’ll need to watch it again, but my memory is that it’s what I’d call a ‘time loop’ – basically, in order to create the main time stream, you have to go round the loop. It’s the knowledge you gain in the loop that allows you to create the main time stream and avoid the alternate future.

Hmm… my bonkers ‘the Doctor is in a giant loop’ theory (which I’ve held since Vampires in Venice) is a little goer, isn’t it? 🙂

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@scaryb @bluesqueakpip

I didn’t know Day of the Daleks was one of SMs favourites, but I can understand why. For a show based on time travel, there are relatively few stories that delve into that territory in the BG years.

Thanks for the pricing on the DVD as well. I’ve been holding off purchasing the DVD until it came down in price a bit (I had the VHS) but have been looking forward to seeing the Special Edition. No longer will the grand invasion at the end be by 3 Daleks and about 4 Ogrons! The new CGI for disintegration effects look whizzy as well (yes – I am that shallow).

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

If we run with the idea that the title of “Day of the Doctor” is meant to allude to “Day of the Daleks” (a good chance I’d say), and since both the latter and Moffat are heavily into time-wimeyness, and since there is an allusion in the poster to “Bad Wolf”, is there a bonkers theory that can be inferred? (Reluctantly, I will accept @bluesqueakpip‘s assertion that Moffat has quietly jettisoned the Blinovitch Limitation effect).

Well, “Bad Wolf” was Rose seeding space and time with the graffiti so that she could eventually save the Doctor. “The Day of the Daleks” dealt with a vaguely similar paradox. Could it be that a message was sent by the 10th to the 11th? Or even the other way around? Moffat has talked about picking up on something from TEH. Although I would love it to be an explanation of the missing second floor (sorry @pedant!) is there anything in TEH that sets the scene for the re-introduction of 10?

No, I don’t think I am making any progress on this. Maybe it’s time to go to the pub.

Anonymous @

@blenkinsopthebrave

“Bad Wolf” was Rose seeding space and time with the graffiti so that she could eventually save the Doctor

9’s box set is the only one I own, and I didn’t get that! {sigh}  Was it really Rose who was writing ‘Bad Wolf’ everywhere?  Was that established in the stories?  Please help me remember when it was explicit that she did that.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@blenkinsopthebrave @shazzbot

“I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words, I scatter them in time and space. A message to lead myself here.”

Rose – Parting of the Ways (watch the end 15 minutes to see her scatter the words)

The thing about Bad Wolf, I think, is that it has been foreshadowed by mentions for Rose and Wolf in series 7b, “Hungry Like the Wolf” in Cold War for example.

In SMs “Fairytale” approach, I can’t help thinking of the Big Bad Wolf, and “a wolf in sheep’s clothing” which would point to a very dark being presenting himself as the Doctor. But if you extrapolate that to a Bad “wolf in sheep’s clothing” would it be someone whose reputation is more fearsome than is actually true? I think SM has shown himself to be a fan of those ideas of perception of history being false and subject to the whims of historians (his description of the being in the Pandorica, for example) and wouldn’t be surprised if he went for it again.

I do like the thought that this will be some kind of redemption/acceptance episode and the HurtDoctor may require re-appraisal.

Anonymous @

@phaseshift @blenkinsopthebrave

Sorry, I guess I’d always assumed that was the Tardis speaking through Rose, and not Rose commenting on herself.

I do agree that it’s too much for ‘Hungry Like The Wolf’ to appear in Cold War and not be related to Bad Wolf, but I base that upon the knowledge that Rose is in the 50th. Let’s hope all these strands get pulled together in a satisfying way (which means, for the likes of us of course, that it will be satisfying only in the amount of bonkers theorising that it engenders, and not that things are tidied up too cleanly!  🙂 ).

Anonymous @

@blenkinsopthebrave – I haven’t noticed anything in TEH but earlier today I was pondering on the use of  ‘timey wimey, wibbly wobbly’ in ‘Blink’ –  at no other time did the 9 or 10 speak in such a manner. This way of speaking is, as we know, more Eleven’s style.

The other link to ‘Blink’ is the year that The Doctor ended up in – 1969 – same year as TIA/TDotM (another episode with ‘Day of’ in it’s title, hmmm ).

Of course, the ‘fly in the ointment’ for this theory is that Martha was the companion, not Rose, but why let continuity get in the way of a ‘bonkers theory’ 🙂

TheGeneral @thegeneral

Hey guys I just wanted to remind you of the re generations.

So the tenth doctor got two re generations, once as Tennant and the other was with the meta crisis, so basically Tennant was ten and eleven regeneratoins but the tenth reincarnation. Matt is the twelfth regeneration but the eleventh reincarnation so basically Petter Capaldi is the thirteenth regeneration but also the twelfth reincarnation.

sorry for the grammatical inproperties but im updateing froum my phone and I can’t really see what I’m typing.

Anonymous @

Ooookay, just to get a little cat-amongst-the-pigeony about ‘that poster’ … @thommck @bluesqueakpip @ everyone

Thom – you’ve gone a little deeper in detail than I could, but what about the elephant in the room of that big clown face in the clouds on the viewer’s left?  I agree that 11’s bowtie seems to have swelled in the rain a bit.  Could that be important, though?

Bluey (re your post elsewhere )  Yes, the Hurt Doctor is emerging from suspiciously regeneration-looking golden light from both 10 and 11.  Which only makes me angry that Christopher Eccleston isn’t involved (so they say) in the 50th, because if you and everyone else is correct about the ‘destroyed Daleks and Gallifreyan symbols’ then surely we’re into the Time War.  It’s a crying shame that 9 won’t be involved in the (ahem, only 75 minutes long) 50th extravaganza since he is the obvious incarnation most affected by the Time War.

But mostly … and I say this as someone drawn in from 2005 … that poster implies that only AG Who Doctors are the crux of the 50th’s plot.  How can the show celebrate its glorious 50 year history by focusing only on the last 7 years or so?  I have never more wanted re-direction from Steven Moffat as much as I want it after viewing that poster.  Because if I’m right (and I dearly, dearly, hope I’m not) then ‘the 50th’ will really be about ‘the last few years from which we think we can scoop up more viewers which means, focus on the floppy-fringed boys’, and not a true celebration of the entire, amazing history of the programme and all its Doctors.

And David Tennant’s hairstyle is a little too early Arctic Monkeys for me.  Pah.

@Shazzbot – This poster is becoming a Whovian Rorschach Test. What clown figure?

I don’t see any clown figure and I don’t see any hidden aliens, either. I do see a bulgy bit in the galactic clouds that could be an alien, or could be a bit of Gallifreyan writing, but is more likely just a cloud…

The poster implies that the AG Doctors (and the Hurt Doctor) are the crux of the plot; yup. Let’s be realistic about this: none of the BG Doctors really look like ‘their’ Doctor anymore. If they’re in it, it’ll almost certainly be voice-overs and CGI or – like in The Name of The Doctor – body doubles seen only from behind and re-use of their classic clips.

But there’s an entirely reasonable explanation for the lack of BG Doctors on that poster and that’s that – quite simply – it’s something they’re hoping to keep quiet until broadcast. I find the spoof video Davison and McCoy are creating frankly suspicious; having a literal protest outside the old TV Centre does sound a bit like the person writing the script was riffing on ‘doth protest too much’. 😉

If the crux of the 50th Anniversary story is ‘Doctor Who?’ – the possibility that a regeneration might be written out of the succession, be unworthy of The Name of The Doctor – then it will mainly affect the regenerations who come after – or, to keep the possiblity that John Hurt is playing The Thirteenth Doctor, the ones who come immediately before.

It’s certainly a reasonable subject to explore at the Fiftieth Anniversary; what characteristics must ‘The Doctor’ have? Is it possible for a producer to take the character in a direction that means they’re no longer ‘The Doctor’?  (::cough:: JNT and The Sixth Doctor ::cough::)

The BG Doctors before the McGann Doctor (is he ‘DG’? During Gap?) won’t really have any existential angst about keeping the promise. They managed it (the Sixth being distinctly wobbly, but it was the Spectrox, guv, honest). The AG Doctors will have angst. They’re the ones who have to keep it in the face of having broken it – or who have to keep it in the knowledge that they’ll break it, big time.

Arkleseizure @arkleseizure

MaybeMaybe this is just my Yeti obsession talking, but the wall Bad Wolf is written on looks to me to be rounded like a Tube station. Anyone else think this is significant?

Anonymous @

@bluesqueakpip – I knew the instant I posted that comment in Doctor Who News that it should have been here – you’re so right, my Topic Dalek crown is slipping.  But hopefully my move of my post to this, the proper thread, has straightened that crown a bit.  😉

Now, as to the poster and the clown on the left …

Dontcha see a piggy nose pointing up toward 11’s rain-soaked bowtie, with a deadened eye right behind it and an extremely high forehead above it? Dark hair quite close on the temples, and a tongue sticking out directly where 11 doesn’t have moobs?  (but does indeed have something quite perky on his chest 😳 )

I guess it’s just me. 😆

Day of the Doctor 50th Anniversaryposter

Anonymous @

@arkleseizure – I’m with you on the ‘Tube’ look of the Bad Wolf wall, although not for the roundedness, just for the shape of the tiles.  As someone who has spent more hours than is healthy for sanity on wall tile sites, you’re right; they’re the correct shape and [horizontal] placement for London Tube wall tiles.

CDr.CGW @cdr-cgw

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong place– I tried really hard to figure out where it should go but I’m new and don’t understand all the conventions of this forum. I really apologize!

My mates and I were talking last night and came up with this as a theory. Later we discovered it was definitely too good to be true but it could happen so we want to share it somewhere!

For the unannounced BBC3 thing, they could do a prequel mini-sode as a kind of “clip show,” showing the previous doctors at their noblest and most heroic, but with an all-new voiceover narration from the surviving actors (and repurposed recordings of those tragically departed). They could guide us, in character, through all the Doctor’s greatest moments, talking about his backstory, what it means to be the doctor, and generally setting up the contrast with John Hurt’s “unworthy” incarnation. Ordinarily of course a clip show is a snooze, but I think with fresh narration, maybe digital manipulation to show some famous scenes from never-before seen angles, it could be really entertaining, at least for a short while. Besides, it is an anniversary–the fans would relish a recap of the whole series. And how unique would it be to have such a recap done in universe? Plus, just in case that certain set of rumors BleedingCool has been pushing turns out to be true, what more clever way to reveal this than by, err, incorporating the subject of those rumors into this kind of a sequence?

The whole thing of course could culminate with McGann, first narrating over footage from the TV movie like we’d all be expecting but then suddenly continuing on to show him speaking not just in voice-over, but out loud on Gallifrey, declaring to Rassilon that because of who he is and has always been, he simply cannot do what’s being asked of him in this time war. Can you imagine how nuts we’d all be going at this point? And then as he turns to walk away, something happens: perhaps he’s even struck down by Rassilon himself, in a frustrated attempt to get a “new” doctor who will fight dirty for him. We get to see the regeneration into Hurt, who quietly but unshakably tells Rassilon that he will live to regret what he has done. Then of course the “stinger” from the theme music comes in and the credits roll and blah blah blah.

What do you all think? Of course the particulars at the end depend on the story Moffat wants to tell, but it would work as a set up for all kinds of different things as long as they center around Hurt’s “renegade” doctor.

I’m sure this won’t be it. But isn’t it maddening to know that it’s totally possible? It would solve all the problems we’ve talked about so far: the classic doctor’s would only appear in voiceover so their appearance wouldn’t mater, except McGann who has yet to age out of the role. It would also allow them to be involved without our knowledge, since their voices could be recorded even in the privacy of their own homes. McGann appearing on Galifrey would mean he didn’t have to shoot anything outside, just on green screen. It would give each doctor a moment to be celebrated and connected to the story, but wouldn’t create the narrative nightmare that might result from “the Eleven Doctors.” It even has a reason why Eccleston wouldn’t be in it, which is a shame really, but that was always going to be a problem once he declined involvement in the episode itself. Ideally he would have been in the 50th itself, not the mini-sode, alongside Hurt, Tennant and Smith.

Anyway, pipe dream though this may be I still have my fingers crossed that the final result will bear some small resemblance to it. I think anyway that the doctors will appear, probably as voices, within either the episode itself or an as-yet-unannounced mini-sode.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 6 months ago by  CDr.CGW. Reason: edited to fix weird text formatting and hide a potential spoiler
    Whisht @whisht

um – have we had this bonkers theory yet?

HurtDoctor isn’t a regeneration – he is simply an aged SmithDoctor.

I mean, if he were in the Time Lock, repeating the same day, over and over, he might age a lot.

This would account for the same key chain, and he might be wearing a bow tie beneath that scarf….

No idea how this would be in the story, but just a bonkers thought….

@whisht – and he’s shrunk 6 cm (two and a half inches) as he’s aged? Possibly, given that the Tennant Doctor appeared to age into Dobby from Harry Potter. 😀

John Hurt is a very close height match to Paul McGann. 🙂

Whisht @whisht

ah, @bluesqueakpip – if bonkers theories were limited by constraints like “but how could they shrink?” then I think I wouldn’t bother with them…

😉

(and please never remind me of that DobbyDoctor again!)

{shudders}

wolfweed @wolfweed

z
    Fan made…

wolfweed @wolfweed

z
    Another one by SkinnyGlasses…

wolfweed @wolfweed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwS5sOpnlwI
    Lego the Day of the Doctor 50th Anniversary trailer
    z

wolfweed @wolfweed

z
    tumblr

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

Clearly, I am not the only one frustrated by the lack of a trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5pSdtFgzxs

Anonymous @

OMG (as the kids say 🙂 ) @blenkinsopthebrave, that was probably the best of the Hitler’s Bunker meme. I’m still wiping tears of laughter from my eyes. Thanks for posting it.

My favourite lines:

“… but I’ve still paid their damned television license fee!
    I’VE HELPED PAY FOR THAT SHOW!
    And now I can’t even watch 30 seconds of scraps from Moffat’s table?!”
    [note: this is the line where he says ‘Schtalin’ heh heh heh]

“I am yearning to see a clip of David and Billie together again … I ship them SO HARD!”

“… Moffat just sits on his throne and laughs at our pain!”

[and this is the real grin-maker; Hitler saying:]
    “And they aren’t even bringing back Captain Jack!”

There are some awesomely clever people** out there.   😀    Thanks for bringing this to us.

** and people just as frustrated as you and me about the lack of a 50th anniversary trailer outside the US!

Whisht @whisht

@blenkinsopthebrave – brilliant! fantastic video!

So, spurred on by @Shazzbot I thought I’d share some strategies for waiting.

Over on the Music thread I’ll try and share something suitable as well…. well, suitable in context of working too hard and needing a laugh recently…..

@blenkinsopthebrave – brilliant video.

Now going to trot over to the sofa and share something suitable…

janetteB @janetteb

@blenkinsopthebrave. You have outdone @wolfweed and get the crown of the day. I’m still wiping tears from my eyes. Thank-you.

Cheers

Janette

Anonymous @

Fake Trailer Alert!!!

Not sure if this has already been posted, can’t say I’ve seen it before.

50th Anniversary Fan Trailer

Nice use of clips I thought. I’d love to see this redone using ‘The Majestic Tale (Of A Fat Man Madman In A Box)’ as the soundtrack.

Anonymous @

can somebody explain from where does matt smith come from in the beggining of the final episode of the fifith season.in pandorica opens he is trapped in pandorica and then in big bang he appears to rory in a fes .from the future off course.but this isn t explained  at all

ScaryB @scaryb

Just a thought re the non-appearance of the trailer… it’s one thing it show it live at Comic Con, it’s quite another to release it on to the interwebs where every frame will be frozen and examined in minutest (nano)detail (See previous convos about the rorscharch-blobby clouds (pixil x pixil)  in the poster). Maybe they’re saving us from ourselves, LOL

<ScaryB feeling charitable this morning -must be all those little clips from the DVD – thanks @wolfweed and everyone)>

@ddd123 Rewatch the episodes more closely – it is explained – he uses River’s vortex manipulator bracelet.

@scaryb

Yup. Numberless times on the DVD commentaries, there is a succession of Doctor Who producers complaining bitterly about the BBC trailers. @fatmaninabox may be right that programme producers can say what they don’t want in – the constant complaints suggest that the Marketing Dept (or whatever they’re called this month – I think it’s Marketing and Audiences) simply don’t listen.

They reveal monsters who are supposed to be a surprise, they show trailers early, they put out a programme blurb for next week which gives away this week’s as-yet-unbroadcast plot point. They don’t want to keep secrets; their job description is ‘tell people exciting things so they’ll want to watch’.

So my guess is that the Comic Con trailer was prepared by the production team as an exclusive – and as you say, it wasn’t designed to be examined frame by frame. The BBC trailer has to be prepared by BBC Marketing – and they’re getting the actual programme (or possibly even selected clips) as late as possible.

Anonymous @

@bluesqueakpip

the constant complaints suggest that the Marketing Dept … simply don’t listen.

I’d agree with that and ‘Dalek’ is a fine example. RTD had deliberately lied about the Daleks not returning so that it’d be a surprise but the Beeb insisted/demanded that a Dalek be included in the trailer. A friend of mine who used to work for BBC Wales (not on DW though) tells me that RTD was, understandably, furious.

My mate has since worked on productions for a well known Satellite TV company and reports similar disputes between Promotion Depts and Exec Producers. Usually, the Execs win but from time to time they get over-ruled and any surprises are ruined.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Apparently the Beeb are unimpressed by our unimpressedness…

z

Anonymous @

U.S. fans – please join!

The eagerly anticipated Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, “The Day of the Doctor”, is due to be screened, in 3D, in British cinemas on the same day it airs on TV: November 23, 2013. Doctor Who’s many loyal US fans deserve the opportunity to see the show on the big screen, too! There’s still time for the BBC to set up some showings, if we let them know in numbers that we want it. Allons-y!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/DoctorWhoUSTheaters/

ScaryB @scaryb

So – theories for the 50th…?

I’m sticking my neck out, given Moffat’s track record of “jumping” and expecting us to keep up – I reckon the 50th will start clear of the timestream and away from Trenzalore.  The Dr and Clara travel, or are taken, back to the Time War so that Eleven can fix/atone for whatever it was HurtDr – who is either older 8 or between 8 and 9 – did in that time.  He also has to reclaim his future, and prevent the older Eleven (and his Tardis) dying at Trenzalore –  cos there were definitely no future Doctors in the timestream, not even Capaldi (Clara said she saw “all eleven” faces. She didn’t see HurtDr because he was “boxed off” in the Dr’s mind, and only bubbled up when the timestream started disintegrating due to the GI, then Clara, then the Dr himself, all jumping in and fiddling with it).

New(?) theory – the zygons are behind it all! They manipulated the TimeLords and the Daleks to go to war with each other so they could take over the universe.

Clara turns out to be the Dr’s daughter (part of the 3-female Fates-like group – with River and Amy – which protects him (with Amy being the granny 😉 ))

OK, knock me down in flames, but lets get theorising ;-D

@blenkinsopthebrave Feel free to add Canton to the mix, anywhere you like.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@scaryb – I think the idea that Clara is in fact the Doctor’s daughter – via River – is a good one. Let’s add ‘the Doctor’s daughter, adopted for her own safety by his granddaughter Susan’. That’s both nicely bonkers and explains a lot about Clara and her Mum.

It would also make Clara her own Great-Aunt-by-adoption; not quite as good as ‘I’m my own Grandpa’, but still timey-wimey enough for Moffat. 🙂

Okay, running down Clara’s character traits:

• empathic and cares for children – from Rory. He’s caring, he always wanted kids.
    • loves to travel – from the Doctor.
    • Adventurous – from Amy.
    • Practical in the face of danger – Rory, again. She will travel with the Doctor, but she’s not a danger junkie. She doesn’t find staying somewhere safe a problem.
    • Speaks TARDIS – River
    • Very intelligent – from the Doctor. And River’s no slouch, either.
    • Self-sacrificing – River, big time.
    • Terrible cook – I have a sneaky suspicion that’s Amy; in the dream world of Upper Leadworth she’s got Awesome Baking Skillz, in real life everyone has this strange habit of suggesting takeaways.
    • Clara also seems to pick up some of the Doctor’s physical habits very quickly – poking him on the forehead/nose, for example. The posters have also often placed her as the Doctor’s ‘mirror’.
    Anonymous @

@scaryb

HurtDr – who is either older 8 or between 8 and 9

Aww, I guess my certifiably-insane theory that the Hurt Doctor is a regenerated Jenny (from The Doctor’s Daughter) is a no-go, then?  😉

@Shazzbot – I think that one will be ‘my head a splode’ 😉

It wouldn’t surprise me if Jenny’s back in either the 50th or the Christmas Special, though.

Anonymous @

@bluesqueakpip – 😆

This is what I sent to @danmartinuk to his BuzzFeed email:

Jenny (Georgia Moffett) from The Doctor’s Daughter regenerated into the John Hurt Doctor.

Thus, the Doctor’s Daughter is the Doctor’s (**) daughter – and the Doctor’s (***) wife – who becomes the Doctor’s terrible secret and thus becomes the burden of the Doctor’s daughter (****), to find a way to resolve the Doctor’s (and Doctor’s **) daughter’s regenerated haggard soul’s need to redeem him(erm, her-)self.

** Peter Davison’s
    *** David Tennant’s
    **** Assuming Clara is actually the Doctor’s daughter via River

🙂  I might need to be sectioned for the general safety of other people.

ScaryB @scaryb

@Shazzbot

😆

PS my head a-sploded*  with your last post!

* © @bluesqueakpip  😉

Anonymous @

@scaryb – Pedant posted this yesterday:

The Day of the Doctor, which will star the current Doctor Matt Smith and his predecessor David Tennant, will also be shown in more than 200 UK cinemas.

But there’s not apparently any information yet on which cinemas will be showing it.

CraigNixon @craignixon

Apparantly (according to the guy in the Dr Who shop in my town) Nottingham will be.

Everyone come to Notts!

Bad Wolf @bad-wolf

Okay, I don’t know if anyone has posted this before, but assuming that Hurt has something to do with 10..

When Clara went down into the timestream, she saw all the doctors apart from 10, which could mean that Hurt is a figure related to 10. Clara said that she saw all 11 faces, but 10 wasn’t seen, suggesting that Hurt is 10.
    In The Fires Of Pompeii, Evelina says “Even the word ‘doctor’ is false. Your real name is hidden. It burns in the stars, in the Cascade of Medusa herself.” – this clearly has some sort of relation to the Day Of The Doctor as it suggests that the Doctor has a real name that didn’t really surface within the 2008 series.
    In The Name Of The Doctor, the Doctor says that the name ‘Doctor’ is a promise, and if Hurt was the one that broke the promise, this concludes the quote “the word ‘doctor’ is false”.

The oath and promise of a doctor in real life is to protect people and to look after them.. assuming that Hurt was the one who fought in the Time War, he broke the promise of a doctor. The only way for the Doctor to end the Time War would be his power to destroy all the daleks, and in doing so, destroying his own kind too. This is how he broke the promise.
    Although, if Hurt is something to do with 10, then the theory of him being the incarnation between 8 + 9 and the one who fought in the time war wouldn’t work.

I thought that Hurt could be a guilty conscience of 10. (Leading back to the timestream thing) Hurt was the one who broke the promise. At this moment in time, we don’t know what the promise is, but it’s something that he carries a lot guilt for.

I’m probably far from correct though, haha.

Anonymous @

OK, @scaryb @craignixon (and FYI @craig) – I’ve moved your posts discussing possible spoilers to the Spoilers thread.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 964 total)

The topic ‘The Day of The Doctor – The 50th Anniversary Special’ is closed to new replies.