General Music thread 4

Home Forums Non-Doctor Music General Music thread 4

This topic contains 480 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  idiotsavon 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 31 posts - 451 through 481 (of 481 total)
  • Author
    ScaryB @scaryb

I see you haven’t lost your touch since I’ve been away @whisht! Great choices. I like Floyd, early stuff in particular, but I agree with you on Dvision Bell πŸ˜‰

@thane16 – Eleanor Rigby – great choice πŸ™‚

syzygy @thane16

Aaaand in case that song was a tad maudlin (though still a favourite), the 2nd song on that album which almost pips….3rd place is much happier, Good Day Sunshine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e01nNA02vw&list=PLg5pp7nrH0IqV2ESEZmmgWtECbzkS8d3O&index=8

Whisht @whisht

ah MAN!!

@scaryb @thane16
    Helllllloooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!

So great to hear from you!

In the same vein, here is my track for Survivors of the Flux.

“Nothing’s Gonna Change My World”
    (but which world does she mean…?)

;Β¬)

Whisht @whisht

So, can I find anything to add for the Vanquishers?

Well – nothing that could make sense or riff on it as I don’t really know what it was about (stuff happened but not sure why)

So instead I’ll settle for chewy choons from a confected scene with confectionary.

(though this is a funkier take)

;Β¬)

Whisht @whisht

Sadly here are some tracks for musicians who have sadly died recently.

Steve Bronski of Bronski Beat

Robbie Shakespear
    I never really got into Reggae and so can’t link to classic tracks that I have.
    The Guardian obit mentioned this as a great tune but I won’t claim to have known it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwuIEw6vm-c

Tbh Boops was where I first heard him and Sly – I loved it at the time, but I was young and found it fun

And I didn’t know he was on this, but can’t resist adding it!

probably many more that I should know.

Mike Nesmith
    I remember we had the Best of Collection of the Monkees and I always liked this although it was completely different to everything else on the album

Whisht @whisht

Hi everyone – I hope you are all having a delightful, wonderful and other deserving words beginning with “D” and “W”.
    Take care and much love to you all.

EmeraldEyesEsoteric @emeraldeyesesoteric

I came here to make a fun post about how Jean Michel Jarre is actually a Timelord and Notre Dame is actually a TARDIS, but unfortunately this forum sucks and you can’t make new topics so I don’t intend to stay here. I would’ve stayed here, but yeah I don’t like this place.

Anyways, look for the youtube video of the performance called “Welcome to the other Side” It’s about 40 minutes long and was a late 2020 concept at Notre Dame.

Whisht @whisht

So – music for the Sea Devils episode.

I’m feeling a little salty with my music choices.
    I didn’t like this episode much, so forgive me.
    But…. I’ll try and at least suggest some… thing.
    ;Β¬)

I don’t really suggest this one – it works as part of an album and ‘tone’ but….
    Pirates by Burial came up when I searched my hardrive and…. its garbled, doesn’t make any sense, nothing happens of consequence, but still better than this ep in terms of threat/ potential storyline/ coherent atmosphere. And its not even the best track on the album.
    {cough}

No one deserves to have that thrust upon them, so here are two which are at least actual songs.

Water by the Sugarcubes
    even a chaotic punk band with a poet talking can do rolling watery feeling.

and then there’s the obvious in some ways…

Sympathy for the Devil – it has nothing to do with the storyline, writing or direction but is a cracker of a song πŸ™‚
    I wish there was something in the writing that made me feel sympathy for the Sea Devil as we learned to feel sympathy for the Ice Warrior in a previous re-introduction of a classic creature.
    But no.
    But at least I gave you a great song ;Β¬)

Whisht @whisht

I don’t really need to explain this one

;Β¬)

Hope she’s great*

* is she really going out with him?

samajo @samajo

My fav song is Hotel California – Eagles

Oochillyo @oochillyo

hey everyone πŸ™‚ how are you all πŸ™‚

Mysteries of the world ha like in my own section in the other group πŸ™‚

I am awake now and somehow a song I discovered on my holiday (one of my cousins songs he played in the car on all the trip we went πŸ™‚ ) and its been like mmm 15 or more days ago since last hearing it and suddenly I am singing it in my head and got a bit extra that I didnt remember before πŸ™‚

maybe its a comfort thing as I just woke up from a nightmare and with a tear in my eye it was about like a big factory building basically for everyone who knows Doctor Who just think of the Army of Ghosts building plus it actually did have the Cybermen and Daleks and the black dalek so wow but it all felt a bit different and I was taking pictures of the daleks ect to prove to this girl I used to know and love in real like that I was telling th truth and know about Doctor Who and things were going on who related and maybe other stuff there was some like weird texts or something different from the events I dont remember now, anyway she got annoyed at me and somehow I was in Portugal for a bit with family and trying to get her contact and I told her in a big text as I would do in real life if I could about being hacked on Instagram and losing my account which did happen πŸ™ and other things that I just wanted her to know and prove what I’ve been going through and that I am honest

Then we had the Tenth Doctor with us in a bit of a different accent with me, and Rose’s family and Micky then it was all about Lumic in charge of it all and he was spreading a message throughout the world on the phones ect or had control of them and the Doctor was worried and thinking how can he have the power for this at the same time, I believe this was slightly after I was taking pictures of Daleks ect at this time sort of looking like cool promotional pictures πŸ™‚ close ups and styled πŸ™‚

Then I zoomed in like in the dream you sometimes just zoom in on things or move to them cause its a dream and will a big electric tower whatever it is basically it turned into the wire episode haha and Muswell Hill πŸ™‚ I think its because I went to a Red Bull Soap Box race for my Birthday few years back with some of my family and it was at the site of the first radio tower and my view of the tower in the dream was forwards then it felt like it moved to being on the left but it felt very like that big tower on a hill, all the houses down below and we were at the top and outside of this building we were in like Canary Whart, anyway at some point the girl still got annoyed at me and I think I lost her and then thats pretty much when I woke up out of pain of losing her again as it happens in all the nightmares I have when she is in them and this time she didn’t believe me even with photo proof of what was going on ect and she didn’t care about my pain and struggles and it really does match the real life events πŸ™

So I woke up with a tear from a nightmare with cool Doctor Who and memory parts and then painful wake up cause of the girl and so my brain started singing to me a song I liked on my lovely holiday which I really enjoyed and was good for all my health mental and physical to sort of comfort me after my painful nightmare, the power of music and the brain πŸ™‚

Still does anyone know how out of nowhere mainly in the car but sometimes it happens to me in the shower you suddenly hear a song you know in your head and sing it really well even remember lyrics you dont know ect unfortunately I didn’t get the full effect this morning and I wonder if its a growing up thing like Nostalgia ect while the brain is developing since I am sure it happend more when I was a kid sort of cool but strange ha πŸ™‚

I know this is the music thread and I should be beat boxing, jamming to a tune ect haha but I just thought what about when music just springs on us and wanted to let you all know how/why I woke up with my brain singing to myself, music is cool πŸ™‚

Take care everyone stay positive hugs πŸ™‚

Regards – Declan Sargent

Oochillyo @oochillyo

Wow I saw who last posted here and it was me and I laughed then realised quickly looking through my message it wasn’t very music related ha

music I know like nearly all music but know less about what to say here πŸ™‚

Creepshow I have put on repeat for like 30 mins after break the chain when writing all my posts today πŸ™‚

I really like the music they put in Guardians of the Galaxy films πŸ™‚

Oh I listen to a lot more Portuguese , Spanish and French – even Indian I believe on the radio , yet again nothing seems to work well here from showers to T.V. and radio selection about 1 good radio station and half the time the signals just vanish so getting English music is rare obviously since I am not in England but radio is very limited in the car but I am learning so give it some time and I will master these songs πŸ™‚

I also watched a few videos about how to drum to expert level and spin dj tables πŸ™‚

Enjoy music its like the most powerful thing and important at times πŸ™‚

Regards – Declan Sargent

Oochillyo @oochillyo

I heard a remix or re make on the radio of Time after Time few days back.

It was soo sweet, like the classic song is good but this was upbeat had really nice sounds in the base I loved it πŸ™‚

I tried today searching all possible remakes ect of that song and maybe 1 good version but I couldn’t find the perfect one.

(5800) Time After Time – YouTube

(5800) Time After Time – Jonah Baker ft. Music Travel Love (Cyndi Lauper Cover) – YouTube

If anyone has an idea that would be nice – It was a male voice , mainly a solo artists I believe it was kinda like beach up beat happy feel to the music πŸ™‚

I don’t really expect anyone to find it without just having me listen to a ton of versions and I tried and I normally find songs just like Calm Down song heard on the radio 2 times weeks apart, nearly forgot to look for it but I found that easy, but a remix of a song soo tricky cause soo many versions your not looking for the main song you know

Does anyone have any good remixes / remakes of music they wanna share πŸ™‚

Ooo wow there’s a Jennifer Connelly tribute one woah πŸ™‚

Didn’t even realize how long she’s been acting for but this is sweet , easily became one of my fav actress’s from Career Opportunities music montage and Snow Piercer and the Labyrinth realization πŸ™‚

This is sweet πŸ™‚

(5800) Cyndi Lauper β€’ Time After Time || Jennifer Connelly β€’ Evolution Age – YouTube

A Flock Of Seagulls – Space Age Love Song – YouTube

Take care everyone πŸ™‚ stay positive hugs πŸ™‚

Regards – Declan Sargent

Oochillyo @oochillyo

Is there any good theme songs or tunes you enjoy in video games or perhaps films would be easier πŸ™‚

Silent films were the start and now it seems all media unless purposely has music and its soo important to the feel tone and our memory of things like the Mario tune or in horror films πŸ™‚

So what music tune/theme do you enjoy and where’s it from πŸ™‚

Regards – Declan Sargent

Oochillyo @oochillyo

Lot’s of nice songs recently on the radio , a few today but its nice at times to listen to the songs in other languages πŸ™‚ maybe you appreciate it more and hear the beat more πŸ™‚

Anyone have some good songs relaxing or otherwise enjoyable songs in languages outside your typical speaking/writing education that you would like to share πŸ™‚

I always think of Numa Numa song by O-Zone πŸ™‚ heard it when really young always thought it was French but I don’t know now and always liked it seemed unique like a radio sort of segment at the start and at times sounds like they say Pikachu plus it was in those Prime Evil Youtube clips for like T-Rex Airport and Terror Bird so its always been cool to me plus singing on top of plane wings yep super cool πŸ™‚

Regards – Declan Sargent

Oochillyo @oochillyo

I really enjoy the sound tracks in Guardians of the Galaxy πŸ™‚

I mostly listen to the first soundtrack but I hope when watching part’s 2 and 3 πŸ™‚ the music such as ‘The Chain’ would be just as good πŸ™‚

I think the power of music can really make scenes , films , even poems beautiful , touching or intriguing πŸ™‚

Take care everyone stay positive enjoy some music or make your own hugs πŸ™‚

Regards – Declan Sargent

Oochillyo @oochillyo

(24617) The Script – The Man Who Can’t Be Moved (Official Video) – YouTube

I dont know where but music is important to me ect and so here seemed right since I am listening to this and songs before.

Can someone just like I dont wanna seem needy but just talk with me, its not about my other posts ect just need a friend / support πŸ™

Please / thank you if anyone replies

Take care everyone stay positive and healthy hugs πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Regards – Declan Sargent

Oochillyo @oochillyo

Music that means something to you like with childhood memories, connections with people , events ect can be the best way to enjoy music when like its in your heart πŸ™‚

I listen to the gen 4 Pokemon Platinum music quite often , I find it relaxing , beautiful to look at the region pictures and the memories are good to have πŸ™‚

Especially when I was able to re play the game again couple months back was soo relaxing of an experience πŸ™‚

I also enjoy a lot of the Club Penguin music πŸ™‚ and finding out more about some as of recent I found this channel where one of the guy people who made Club Penguin what it is talks about his experiences and inspirations ect and soo enjoyable the music and relaxing and memories too always like with Christmas times or the parties and playing with friends who I spoke to yesterday and even dreamed of us all yeah music is nice πŸ™‚

Regards – Declan Sargent

Whisht @whisht

Hi all,

Well I’ve been so very tardy (and not Tardisy)!
    I really need to catch up with everyone and in fact, I haven’t even seen the last couple of episodes or the regen!

I will I will before I watch this ‘new’ Doctor!

Anyway, it would be remiss of me not to offer a song to you all, so…

I notice that there have been some colourised episodes, but I’ll not link to Forbidden Colours until I see them (and @jimthefish seems to have liked them!)

So instead I’ll give this nod to the new/old Doctor and this Forum, for he and we are all Back…

ScaryB @scaryb

Nice one Mr @whisht

It is indeed lovely to catch up here again πŸ™‚

Whisht @whisht

Hi @scaryb

I think the most appropriate song for the Star Beast is…

Which I’m sure has *nothing* to do with Disney at all.

πŸ˜€

ScaryB @scaryb

@whisht

Haha, what else? πŸ˜‰

Now what about this week…? How about this for an episode about doubles and detecting life signs:

(And also interesting thumbnail which seems to be AI image gone a bit wrong πŸ˜‰ )

Whisht @whisht

@scaryb – yay! How are you??

Apologies for the late reply.
    That’s a rather melodic Aphex Twin track so thanks for that – I really liked it.
    I know he’s very varied but I do like the melodic stuff.

Now, for Wild Blue Yonder I didn’t stoop to think to Crazy Arms songs (I’m not that silly) but instead, as a belated Happy Birthday to Tom Waits,

Who are You

{cough}
    Sorry, that always happens when I try to sing like Tom.

Now, Let Me Clear My Throat

oops – did I just get the weekend party started??

;Β¬D

ScaryB @scaryb

@Whistht

Ha! Spot on. There again you can’t go wrong with Tom Waits in my book πŸ™‚

Thoroughly enjoying being back in this lovely place – just like the old days… hmm. my boy, yes?!

I give you this in return, in memory of Denny Laine who passed away this week (Blue(s) and Wild, if not Yonder)

Oochillyo @oochillyo

I was going to write in the T.V. section I belief haha funny my memory going cause I wrote the second paragraph first to rush out whats in my head πŸ™‚ but I was trying to thing of a song after feeling nostalgic with a friend and I only could remember the like chorus tune a bit then going through the little sound/tune I remember I started to remember some words – there is love, – burning to find you , and then it clicked I typed into Youtube and yes wasn’t the song name but I got it πŸ™‚ funny how memory works to build from a hint of the chorus tune to the words in that chorus to get the song πŸ™‚

Killswitch Engage – My Curse

(21632) Killswitch Engage – My Curse – YouTube

Maybe its a me thing like one of my skills but I’ve always been good at remembering songs and like in quizzes we used to go to I am really strong with knowing the songs fast like in first 5 seconds probs less I know countless songs it would be hard to trip me up πŸ™‚

Regards – Declan Sargent

ScaryB @scaryb

This week of all weeks, there can be only one choice for me for music for The Giggle (which starts on a rainy night in Soho (a long time ago)):

(RIP Shane MacGowan)

“I’ve been loving you a long time…”

Dr Who – I’ve been loving you a long time too. Long may you run!

Whisht @whisht

@scaryb – A perfect song for this week and The Giggle.

My contribution is also a tender one by Elbow (they’ve quite a few).
    Dear Friends.

“…But it struck me to say while so far away
    You are with me today
    You are here are in my head, in my heart”

But I’ll also just have to share this video I stumbled across while searching ‘game’ songs. It’s a song I like but I’d never seen this. It’s long and bonkers, funny, ridiculous and in poor taste and it doesn’t even play the whole tune but…
    It’s called Don’t Play No Game That I Can’t Win by Beastie Boys feat. Santi Gold.
    It has puppets; it has an effing Yeti.

If I don’t link to it now, when will I ever??

:Β¬D

Whisht @whisht

Hi all,

So apparently its that time again, so….

;Β¬)

Whisht @whisht

ooh – I haven’t really thought through my thoughts on the Christmas special.
    Overall I’m smiling, parts I really liked and parts I thought ‘erm?’

But in the spirit of Christmas and music I *think* I heard in the episode…

Merry Christmas!

Mudlark @mudlark

@whisht

Yes, The Carol of the Bells, which we heard in the introduction when baby Ruby is left at the church and again at the other end of the time loop when the Doctor returns her to the church porch – presumably the church choir singing. I wonder whether the choice here was deliberate, given that it is a Ukrainian song in origin – although I think the original words refer to Spring, not Christmas.

idiotsavon @idiotsavon

Wow @whisht your music choices are just brilliant. Loved those!

The beginning and end of the choir vid reminds you these are regular fun-loving children making this amazing sound. Incredible really. x

Viewing 31 posts - 451 through 481 (of 481 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.