General Music thread 4

Home Forums Non-Doctor Music General Music thread 4

This topic contains 458 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Whisht 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 451 through 459 (of 459 total)
  • Author
    ScaryB @scaryb

I see you haven’t lost your touch since I’ve been away @whisht! Great choices. I like Floyd, early stuff in particular, but I agree with you on Dvision Bell 😉

@thane16 – Eleanor Rigby – great choice 🙂

syzygy @thane16

Aaaand in case that song was a tad maudlin (though still a favourite), the 2nd song on that album which almost pips….3rd place is much happier, Good Day Sunshine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e01nNA02vw&list=PLg5pp7nrH0IqV2ESEZmmgWtECbzkS8d3O&index=8

Whisht @whisht

ah MAN!!

@scaryb @thane16
    Helllllloooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!

So great to hear from you!

In the same vein, here is my track for Survivors of the Flux.

“Nothing’s Gonna Change My World”
    (but which world does she mean…?)

;¬)

Whisht @whisht

So, can I find anything to add for the Vanquishers?

Well – nothing that could make sense or riff on it as I don’t really know what it was about (stuff happened but not sure why)

So instead I’ll settle for chewy choons from a confected scene with confectionary.

(though this is a funkier take)

;¬)

Whisht @whisht

Sadly here are some tracks for musicians who have sadly died recently.

Steve Bronski of Bronski Beat

Robbie Shakespear
    I never really got into Reggae and so can’t link to classic tracks that I have.
    The Guardian obit mentioned this as a great tune but I won’t claim to have known it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwuIEw6vm-c

Tbh Boops was where I first heard him and Sly – I loved it at the time, but I was young and found it fun

And I didn’t know he was on this, but can’t resist adding it!

probably many more that I should know.

Mike Nesmith
    I remember we had the Best of Collection of the Monkees and I always liked this although it was completely different to everything else on the album

Whisht @whisht

Hi everyone – I hope you are all having a delightful, wonderful and other deserving words beginning with “D” and “W”.
    Take care and much love to you all.

EmeraldEyesEsoteric @emeraldeyesesoteric

I came here to make a fun post about how Jean Michel Jarre is actually a Timelord and Notre Dame is actually a TARDIS, but unfortunately this forum sucks and you can’t make new topics so I don’t intend to stay here. I would’ve stayed here, but yeah I don’t like this place.

Anyways, look for the youtube video of the performance called “Welcome to the other Side” It’s about 40 minutes long and was a late 2020 concept at Notre Dame.

Whisht @whisht

So – music for the Sea Devils episode.

I’m feeling a little salty with my music choices.
    I didn’t like this episode much, so forgive me.
    But…. I’ll try and at least suggest some… thing.
    ;¬)

I don’t really suggest this one – it works as part of an album and ‘tone’ but….
    Pirates by Burial came up when I searched my hardrive and…. its garbled, doesn’t make any sense, nothing happens of consequence, but still better than this ep in terms of threat/ potential storyline/ coherent atmosphere. And its not even the best track on the album.
    {cough}

No one deserves to have that thrust upon them, so here are two which are at least actual songs.

Water by the Sugarcubes
    even a chaotic punk band with a poet talking can do rolling watery feeling.

and then there’s the obvious in some ways…

Sympathy for the Devil – it has nothing to do with the storyline, writing or direction but is a cracker of a song 🙂
    I wish there was something in the writing that made me feel sympathy for the Sea Devil as we learned to feel sympathy for the Ice Warrior in a previous re-introduction of a classic creature.
    But no.
    But at least I gave you a great song ;¬)

Whisht @whisht

I don’t really need to explain this one

;¬)

Hope she’s great*

* is she really going out with him?

Viewing 9 posts - 451 through 459 (of 459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.