Sherlock: The Final Problem

Home Forums Non-Doctor TV programmes Sherlock: The Final Problem

This topic contains 114 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  OsdfFdsfg 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Missy @missy

@theconsultingdoctor:

Understood. I felt that the second episode (film) was a little complicated and manic, until you click that Sherlock has planned  it all. Other than that, the whole series – in my opinion –  was worth the wait.

I really must read the rest of the posts soon – there as sooo many.

Missy

winston @winston

@missy   Although I won’t pretend to understand all of it I really liked it. I just get to watch it a few more times and that is ok with me. I hope for more and I really enjoyed all of it right from the first episode to the last one. The whole series has been exceptional interpretation of the Sherlock Holmes stories in my humble opinion.

Missy @missy

@winston:

I couldn’t agree more.  If you don’t like the series that fine, each to their own, but anyone who said that it was ‘silly/stupid’, should do what Mark suggested, read a children’s book.

Missy

Missy @missy

I also thoroughly enjoyed the specials. You definitely get your money’s worth. I found it amusing when SM said that although they (he and MG) said several times that Moriarty was DEAD, no one believed them. that;s why they said it.They admitted that they play tricks on us. that to me is part of their magic.

Missy

Kharis @kharis

Haven’t been on here in awhile, so I am posting a long overdue: WTF?

Yes, just that.  Sorry for the brevity and swearing in this acronym, but seriously, I don’t know what else to say, except that the episode taxed my adrenal glands.

More of a vent than a theory or observation.

Missy @missy

@kharis:  I don’t know what you mean?  Did you like it or hate it? If the latter, watch it again. My OH did, and got it.

Missy

Anonymous @

@kharis

Don’t worry, I totally get what you mean “WTF” was frequently mentioned by us during the watch. The way to analyse it, is I think, two – fold. See it as a perfectly set of tight stories which probability can be explained or, as a ‘dream fugue’ in the so called mind palace of Watson. Either way works. What I found interesting personally is that commentators said, “look, if Watson’s drowning and suddenly he’s discovered and they’re throwing him a bone (rope) how does he detach himself from the wire or chain?”

Story telling these days has to show us A, through B, though C. In the Final Problem we saw A -the rope, and B, the chain, yet as he was rescued we must KNOW he was able to detach from B, the chain but didn’t necessarily need to see it to be convinced. The same goes with Eurus shooting Watson -yes, it could’ve been an almost fatal shot (dream/drug fugue) or, easily an attempt at a shot and he managed to run clean, OR even that he was ‘knocked out’ temporarily. As for the other issues, such as not being able to ‘see’ the glass (something Sherlock could ordinarily do), we can safely assume he was mildly preoccupied 🙂

To me, the story works on every level or just one simple level for the average, chip eating viewer (nothing wrong with  ratings) but there’s a whole lot available on psychotherapy in this episode to mine with extraordinary perspicacity. Or not! 😉

But I loved it. And was also deterred, a touch, from the lack of bravado that always made me feel safe -that Sherlock and Watson are always on the prowl, successful at every turn =Study in Pink/Scarlet etc. And yet we were given that as they ran out of Rathbone House (another successful call out by @pedant) so all was fulfilled, all bases covered.

All our best, Kharis,

Puro and Thane

The entire episode can work like that, I think, but I get your “head fuck” type thing  (Puro speaking, not Thane).

Anonymous @

@missy I hardly think @kharis didn’t ‘get it’ -just had a shocked reaction as did a number of others -it was a difficult set of episodes, in my opinion.

Kharis @kharis

Thank you @thane15 I enjoyed your review.  (:

@missy I’m not sure if I can answer if I liked it in general, what I can say is that I appreciated aspects and didn’t like it at the same time.

Yes, I appreciated the depth of the episode and the “psychotherapy” and the risks it took.  On the other hand, it really did tax my adrenal glands, and I’m aware it was meant to be depressing, and meant to be stressful, I just wasn’t enjoying that much second hand emotion and high levels of cortisol.  Basically (as prosaic as this unfortunately sounds) it was extremely stressful to watch, and even though I can appreciate the brilliance I still hated watching it.  It’s certainly not getting a rewatch of any kind, I got the brilliance, it didn’t confuse me, but that’s the problem: I got it, it didn’t confuse me.  Bottomline, it was stressful, I don’t like to be stressed.  A movie called “Dancer in the Dark” left me in a similar state.  It was an intelligent and extremely well-done movie, it was also heart wrenching, stressful and very visceral.  I don’t like being gutted, my life is stressful enough.

Kharis @kharis

@juniperfish Your insights into this episode are incredible.  Honestly for now I am just going to agree with you completely; headcanon accepted.  (:

Anonymous @

@kharis

totally agreed. I also found it hard to watch -DID watch it again and then went ‘nup’, back to happier stories. 🙁

friends for life @friendsforlife

this show was good for like 2 season and then it just got ruined and continued to do that

Missy @missy

I suppose it depends on your taste.  Every episode of Sherlock and every series I enjoyed.

My OH on the other hand, didn’t like the final series either.

<I didn’t take it to heart, after all, it was only fiction.

However, I understand about stress, that’s is how the News makes me feel, so i rarely watch it.

Missy

samajo @samajo

that’s great, I like Sherlock series a lot!

OsdfFdsfg @osdffdsfg

The Arizona Cardinals signed cornerback Tae Hayes upon Monday immediately after he experimented with out for the staff members for the duration of newbie mini-camp previously mentioned the weekend.Hayes was an undrafted starter no cost representative right after the 2019 NFL Draft just after enjoying 4 seasons at Appalachian Country https://www.minnesotaprostoreonline.com/Hercules_Mataafa_T_shirt-23. The Jacksonville Jaguars signed him, however launched him through the 53-gentleman roster slash.Hayes was more towards the prepare squad and waived late within just the period. The Miami Dolphins decided on him up and he performed 2 online games upon safety and unique groups. He experienced 7 blended tackles, 2 go breakups and a fumble restoration in just 120 sum snaps.Hayes bounced up and down towards the prepare squad in the direction of the video game-working day roster for the duration of the 2020 period for Miami. He performed accurately 2 game titles for the Dolphins and was eliminated towards the train squad inside of late November. He performed 37 general snaps within those people 2 online games K.J. Osborn Pillow Cover.The Minnesota Vikings signed him towards the train squad within just early December, and he performed one particular match within just pink, with exactly 2 snaps. Minnesota waived Hayes March 5.The most up-to-date Cardinal contains performed inside of 6 NFL video games for a few alternative groups and includes 10 profession tackles Jake Browning T-Shirt.Inside corresponding moves, the Cardinals waived protection Chris Miller and vast recipient Darece Roberson, neither of whom performed a activity for the Cardinals.The Cardinals previously consist of a 9-male cornerbacks area going into OTAs and the June necessary minicamp. Hayes performed along with existing draft choices Marco Wilson and Tay Gowan at beginner minicamp.Of the 9 cornerbacks, 4 include performed inside NFL online games, 2 for the Cardinals ultimate yr .

Viewing 15 posts - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.