Spoilers (2)

Home Forums General Spoilers (2)

This topic contains 989 replies, has 78 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 990 total)
  • Author
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

All 12 episodes get a short preview (a sentence or 2 each) from Steven Moffat…

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/sfx-251-previews-series-8-64349.htm
    z

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

z

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

Filming at Cardiff Museum today…

z
    z

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

janetteB @janetteb

I am glad to hear that @wolfweed. I didn’t know that there were rumours circulating regarding her departure. I hope she does at least one more series. She was only just settling into the role at the end of series 7. Look forward to seeing further character development in the next series.

Cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

Showrunner Steven Moffat said the monsters coming up in the series include a new one called The Teller and a bunch of robot knights.
    z

wolfweed @wolfweed

From (tonight’s) The BBC News at Six

janetteB @janetteb

Thanks again @wolfweed. Not so spoilery thankfully. I did watch at first with some trepidation. (I am certainly not a spoiler phobe but I don’t want to squander all the surprises.) PC is looking fantastic, in fact, in short, he appears to be “The Doctor”. No more need be said.

I did not know that TV series merited red carpet premieres. Is this another first for Dr Who? It made me feel rather smug seeing this show which I have loved for so long and was for so long ignored or derided getting the blockbuster treatment.

Cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

Extended Breakfast interview & clips + review

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-peter-capaldi-signs-4023093

Apparently Capaldi has signed up for a 2nd series

@janetteb – Cheers! Brilliant stuff. We’ve certainly never seen a whole world of red carpets! 🙂

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Anonymous @

I don’t know if this would be considered a spoiler, but the answer to my query might be.  So, can anyone tell me how Dr Who has aged 1000 years?  The last doctor stated he was 900 some depending on episode and now in Dr Who trailers he says he’s 2000.  Can someone explain?

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@migs70 Hello and welcome. He was easily 2000 when he regenerated. This has been asked before. See second last paragraph here:

http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/trailers/trailers-doctor-who-series-8/#comment-2686

wolfweed @wolfweed

This is apparently officially released by the BBC but I’m posting here just to be safe…

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/into-dalek-synopsis.html

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@wolfweed- I saw that when broadcast. First thought, Capaldi when asked about being the same age as the first doctor gave such a youthful grin I felt like I could see the child who used to write in about the doctor. Matt Smith was a young actor playing a very old doctor, I can see Capaldi as an older actor playing a very young doctor. Second thought: not a kids show. A family show. The Wizard of Oz and father Christmas points are well made. Third thought: he’s funny. I think you need shades of light and dark to be funny.

janetteB @janetteb

@miapatrick. I think you are spot on with the “older actor playing younger” and like you I am counting down the days because everything I have seen thus far of Capaldi’s doctor indicates that he is going to fit the part perfectly.

Cheers

Janette

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@JeanettB yes, and this is why I don’t just think capaldi is a fantastic choice.

, he’s also perfect to follow Smith.

janetteB @janetteb

@miapatrick  Yes from young/old to old/young. It is also good to have a complete flip of the coin this time as Matt was in many ways comparable to Tennant. Though each actor brought a lot to the role they were not dissimilar which at times disadvantaged Matt by casting him in Tennant’s shadow and, though skinny, it was an impressive shadow.

Cheers

Janette

bjweric @bjweric

A bit of a sidetrack, but this Danny Pink fella is not giving me good vibes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Jenna-Coleman-Interview

Jenna told the BBC this:

Q: What can you tell us about Clara’s relationship with Danny?
    JC: She meets a man called Danny Pink – a teacher – who’s charming and lovely. He’s that perfect boyfriend really and is very supportive, but he doesn’t know anything about this double life she lives. She tries to hide it from him whilst at the same time falling in love. She becomes very torn between the two. It’s almost as if she’s having an affair, without having an affair, but the lying becomes more and more. Basically she’s trying to manage the two, and have these two men in her life. It becomes quite a hurtful thing and quite a hard thing for her because she’s totally torn between the two, and trying to have both at once without being able to do it successfully.

This sounds like Moffat may bring in a romance subplot. Either Mickey or Rory comes to mind. Mind you, I have nothing against romance subplots, but I really don’t think we need two romance subplots adjacent to each other. Especially with Clara – she feels like she was set up for greater.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Remember, it is a tabloid…
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-whos-jenna-louise-coleman-quits-4061757
    z
    If it’s true, do you think she will get a festive grisly death?

janetteB @janetteb

I saw that article on FB earlier. It was so badly written it lacked any credibility. I will wait until I hear the news from a more trustworthy source before I believe it, however if it true I suspect a festive grisly death is definitely on the cards.

I was rather hoping that Clara would stick around for another series as I think she is just maturing as a character so I’m rather hoping that is is just a wild rumour.

Cheers

Janette

WhoGirl @whogirl

Yes, I’m hoping Clara will stick around. I think there’s more to her that we haven’t seen yet. (Plus I’m still getting over Amy and Rory’s departure. I couldn’t handle another one yet!! 😉 )

wolfweed @wolfweed

Perhaps she’ll drink too much eggnog & die of alcohol poisoning…
    z

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/aug/16/doctor-who-peter-capaldi

(episode 9 spoilers)

bjweric @bjweric

@janetteb – exactly what I was thinking.

It had no credible source, nor corroboration.

Anonymous @

@janetteb and @bjweric — true, there’s not much in the way of corroboration there so it could be in the ‘we just made it up’ category but there’s also not much in the way of denial there either. And I’d say that JC is probably getting to about  the average ‘life expectancy’ of a Nu Who companion. I wouldn’t be massively shocked if this turned out to be true.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-previews-series-8-in-radio-times-65611.htm

All I can find relating to 3W is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_meridian_west

Or there’s www (world wide web)…

janetteB @janetteb

That list definitely makes it sound as though Clara is written out mid series but that is clearly not so as it has been confirmed that she will be in the Christmas Special, although with Dr Who and Moffat anything can happen.  Maybe the tabloid story was picking up on that and misreading it or maybe they have been listening in on conversations again. Of course the interesting thing about Clara is that she can return to the series at any time. Even if Clara dies because there are thousands of Claricles out there roaming the universe, saving the Doctor. It would be fun if in a future story, or even a future regeneration we encounter some Claricles. It is a wonderful “get out of gaol free card” that I am certain many script writers wouldn’t hesititate to utilise.

Cheers

Janette

Anonymous @

Reading the comments below that list, there seems to be a lot of speculation that In the Forest of the Night will feature the return of the Vashta Nerada.

My initial thoughts were that it could be the trees from The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe or possibly the Forest of Cheam returning to their ancestral home.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

New post in The Guardian by @danmartinuk about Deep Breath. Does contain a few minor things that may be considered spoilerish…

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2014/aug/20/doctor-who-12-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-12th-doctor

wolfweed @wolfweed

Dan Temple @dantemple

Prequel to tomorrow:

“What did you do?”

“I killed them all, like there were animals, I slaughtered every last one of them”

“Who did you kill?”

“THEM!”

“Who are they?”

“Why do you ask like you don’t know? Does it make it unreal as long as I don’t say? Will it prevent the pain for a few more seconds?”

“You were always a bastard, you enjoyed this, you enjoyed killing them, you are broken, you’re so lost you don’t know where you belong anymore, you have lost every last ounce of what made you great. Hell has no fire that can consume you and bring you peace, just go, just go now and let me live with the pain!’

“Why would I go? How could I satisfy myself if I wasn’t torturing you? Making you remember each day that it was you that pushed me to this, you with your sentimental heart and virtuous soul. Oh no, I am here to stay, I will cover you in my blood until every molecule you taste is just the blood, until you bleed me”

“I always bled you, you ignorant fool, I saved you once, not again, not this time, this time even I can’t see the justice you have delivered”

…..
    “Where did you go?”

“Nowhere, we both know I can’t go away, you just hide me in the darker corners”

“I used to but these days I swear you run into the dark, you do it to hurt me, to leave me lonely”

“So, who did you kill?”

“Don’t make me say it, my hands burn with their blood”

“Just say, I promise they won’t burn then”

“I had to you know? I had to make them see, make them see that there was nothing without me, that without me all there was the dark. They see that now, they won’t make that mistake again”

“How can they make that mistake again? They are dead. That wasn’t a lesson you delivered to them, it was just annihilation, I am sure that in their dying breath they had no realisation of your revelation”

“Don’t you say that, don’t you say that. I am the justice I am the light. I saw it in their eyes as I took their last breath, as I felt their pulse extinguish”

“You saw fear, not wisdom”

“Do you want me to show you? Show you how I can bring you enlightenment?”

“You wouldn’t dare, you need me. I don’t need you. Like them I would win, you would loose again”

“I am the victor here! I am the storm in all my rage, the storm in all its glory”

“But are you the doctor anymore? Can you remember how to heal?”

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@dantemple Is that the prequel that’s being shown in cinemas before Deep Breath? If so it seems a bit incongruous.

It doesn’t seem to fit between The Time of the Doctor and Deep Breath at all. Or are we back with the War Doctor?

And “You were always a bastard”!!! In Doctor Who?

wolfweed @wolfweed

Sorry. I consist mostly of coffee.

Is Missy the Master? It would certainly pave the way for a future female Doctor.

I assumed it as soon as I knew the character was called Missy. I’m surprised most people aren’t thinking the same. We’ve had enough mentions of Time Lord sex changes recently to not have to assume she’s the Rani! To me she looks like the Master only female (very Ainley – but absolutely bonkers!)…
    z

Even if this turns out to be the case, it doesn’t answer any of the other questions thrown up. What exactly is Paradise? (A TARDIS?) How is she the Doctor’s girlfriend? Would the relationship survive another sex change? (see The Curse of Fatal Death!)

I haven’t read the scripts or watched the leaked episodes, so I just don’t know who she is…

I feel comparatively unspoilered right now. Nice!

Anonymous @

@wolfweed – Interesting.

Another possibility that’s been doing the rounds on Twiter is that she’s Romana. I’m not convinced about that though as Romana is currently being played by Juliet Landau in the Big Finish stories. Somehow, I can’t see Steven Moffat ‘stealing’ her from them.

My own thought, could she be the mysterious Time Lady from TEoT?

Miminess @miminess

Whoever Missy is, she certainly seemed to  be making many robotic sounds. Or maybe that was just me…

PhantomTollbooth @thephantomtollbooth

@Dan Temple  That dialog sounds to me like it’s the Doctor carrying out a conversation with his darkside. The Valeyard perhaps?

Maybe Timelords have dual souls, as well as two hearts.

wolfweed @wolfweed

I’m sure the World & his Wife know that the Cybermen were @ St Pauls but I’d better post this link here…

http://whopix.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/is-this-missy/
    z

Check it out at 52 + minutes in on DOTD…
    It probably is Clara’s hand (it has the same rings) but you never know…

wolfweed @wolfweed

Just thought about the character of Courtney. Could she be named after somebody…?
    I’m so slow.

I wonder how the whole, ‘Go on then, do it!’, thing will unfold…

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

Radio Times Poster – has the Deep Breath credits on it though…?!? Fan-Made, I suppose…

z

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 990 total)

The topic ‘Spoilers (2)’ is closed to new replies.