Spoilers

Home Forums General Spoilers

This topic contains 932 replies, has 79 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 933 total)
  • Author
    ardaraith @ardaraith

New Theory –

I am putting this here because my theory involves the spoiler that Zygons have been spotted on-set for the 50th filming.  So….zygons are shape-shifters who must keep their subject alive in order to impersonate them.  Clara is a Zygon!!  

ardaraith @ardaraith

Biggest spoiler of them all – from filming today:

https://twitter.com/HWBCymru/status/324573847074516993/photo/1

Anonymous @

@ardaraith — dunno about that. It doesn’t really show anything we haven’t seen already. Nice pic, though.

You big tease. I was expecting Chumblies or summat…

HTPBDET @htpbdet

@jimthefish.  Are you sure about that? 🙂

EmmOfTheEss @emmoftheess

I think the TARDIS in that picture looks different to the one in the series at the moment. Looks older, and more beaten up. Perhaps it’s just a trick of the photo though?

HaveYouFedTheFish @haveyoufedthefish

@emmoftheess – it’s probably tennants rather than matts T-box?

Anonymous @

@emmofthess — yep, it’s definitely Tennant’s TARDIS I reckon…

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

I really have to stop reading the Spoilers, but it’s just sooooooo tempting.

Caption contest:

“Right, so – if I’m a Zygon, and you’re a Zygon, where the bloody hell is the Doctor?”

ardaraith @ardaraith

Yikes!!! The Name of the Doctor !!!!

ardaraith @ardaraith

Juniperfish @juniperfish

@ardaraith – oooo! And River’s back for the finale –  yay.

I’m betting the viewers don’t learn his true name tho’ – someone will be whispering in someone’s ear again no doubt 🙂

ardaraith @ardaraith

@juniperfish – There is no way his name will be revealed. Simply can’t. But I am loving the delicious build-up! The ep airs 18 May, and here’s the story synopsis: “Someone is kidnapping the Doctor’s friends, leading him towards the one place in all of time and space that he should never go.”

janetteB @janetteb

incidentally and totally irrelevant, Alex Kingston is also 50. (I note these things, 1963 being such a good vintage. I only wish I could say I look as good.)

I too suspect his name won’t be revealed. That teaser suggests to me that his friends include the human Dr (Tennant) and Rose and that the story will lead into the anniversary special. I just hope that Susan is one of those “friends”.

Cheers

Janette

janetteB @janetteb

Just thought as I was posting, wouldn’t it be nice if instead of multiple Doctors which isn’t really possible, we have multipe assistants because those who are still with us are permitted to age and those who have passed away deserve a tribute. There is no need not to acknowledge them.

Cheers

Janette.

I’m not entirely sure the finale title is a spoiler any more: it’s on the front page of the BBC’s Doctor Who page, which I’d rate as ‘officially announced’.

The teaser is ‘and stand by for something that you might always have believed to be impossible‘ which has just made me put ‘Clara is the Doctor’ in the ‘number one bonkers theory’ spot. Moffat keeps calling her ‘The Impossible Girl’.

HTPBDET @htpbdet

@ardaraith     Where does that synopsis come from? I must say I have always thought it would be a great story if the Master collected some of the Doctor’s old companions and then held them ransom…

Such a great poster! A smashed TARDIS, an enigmatic/slightly chilling Doctor, and a figure running away in the background…

I agree with you and @juniperfish that it is unlikely we will actually hear his name.

What have we always thought impossible???

That the Doctor would be utterly defeated? That the Doctor is a Dalek? That the Doctor would destroy the TARDIS? That the Doctor is or was a coward? That the Doctor would betray a friend to save himself? That the Doctor can regenerate into a form he has previously held? That the Doctor regenerates into the Master? That the last 50 years has been a dream?

What?

HTPBDET @htpbdet

That the Master is the Doctor’s son and therefore Susan’s father?

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

* SPOILER DISCUSSION

This is a spoiler. Resist the power of the spoil. Do not pass go, do not collect your spoiler. This is text to get to the point.

Hi all, just dashing through. Can I make a request? I’m sure we all use the activity thread to navigate to see what everyone is commenting on. As such would you mind copying and pasting the above before your comment as hopefully your discussion will not carry over to those (like me) who don’t want to participate?

I think we agreed that anything officially released by the BBC was more or less “NEWS” (it would be pretty difficult to avoid on the internet), but if you are in any doubt please continue to post and discuss here. If the consensus is that it is news, by all means carry it outside the thread.

Many thanks.

ardaraith @ardaraith

@htpbdet – I found it on BlogtorWho

Spoiler space, discussing spoilers, do not read, we are discussing spoilers

Honestly, I did say these were spoilers, didn’t I?

Though as I say, this is discussing something now on the BBC site.

What have we always thought impossible???

It doesn’t say we have always thought this impossible. The teaser says ‘you might have always believed to be impossible’. Could be as simple as we actually will hear the Doctor’s real name (Eustace? Algernon?), or it could be a reference to a female Doctor.

Because whenever people talk about a female Doctor, some fans always go ‘The Doctor can’t be a woman.’

wolfweed @wolfweed

His name will be revealed….. to River.

ardaraith @ardaraith

On the Cold War thread, someone (who I won’t tag here, in case they don’t want to read spoilers) mentioned again how the strange shot with Clara regaining consciousness on the sub indicated POV.  What if all these episodes are really her dream? That none of these adventures are actually happening, and *that’s* what we discover in the finale?  It is certainly a rather impossible idea.

wolfweed @wolfweed

So it’s just ‘The Time War’ now, not ‘The Last Great…’ Probably just means there’ll be another one then…

Anonymous @

@ardaraith – that was me.  And I’m totally open to spoilers, because I’m the worst Doctor Who theorist ever!  I devour the theories on this site as if they were actual meat-n-tw0-veg but have only un-seasoned gluten-free polenta to offer in turn.

But that bizarre jump-cut in Cold War is still haunting me, not least because my eyes have been opened on this site to all the wonderful possibilities of Sire Stephen Moffat.  (I read all the ‘where did the jacket go?’ theories of the Amy-in-the-Angels-wreckage episode and thought, at the time, ‘what are these weird people going on about?!’  But I have been suitably [ahem] humbled by the attention to detail which yields great enjoyment of story arcs.  So yes, there is still a marvellous hole to be explored between when Clara dove down under the water for the sonic, and when she was next pictured, conscious, above water in a Soviet jacket.)

EmmOfTheEss @emmoftheess

Not sure if it’s a spoiler as it’s on the BBC website, but have you looked through the gallery of images from next week’s episode, and the very clear close-up on the book in the library? It looks like it’s Clara who discovers it. What will she/we learn?

Bobbingbird @bobbingbird

I’ve also read that we are going to hear a certain voice from the past, next week. A very mouth watering a d rather exciting voice. Has anyone we heard of this?

@Shazzbot – your unseasoned gluten free polenta sounds positively tasty compared to my soggy Brussels sprouts theories.

ardaraith @ardaraith

@bobbingbird – I have not heard this about the voice! I wonder who’s voice it will be??

Bobbingbird @bobbingbird

I couldn’t resist @ardaraith, and clicked on the reveal option on the site where the spoiler was published. If you want to know, go to Doctor Who TV. You’ll find it in the teasers article for Centre of the TARDIS.

ardaraith @ardaraith

@bobbingbird !!!! all the numbers!!! “she” died, and it was his fault???? the Eye sees!!!! Holy Mackerel!!! More ghosts!!!

ardaraith @ardaraith

Possible spoiler….Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS trailer that I had not seen (and I seem unable to embed the youtube video…boo Oh, ha!  It showed up!)

Anonymous @

@bobbingbird — ooo, good stuff there. And number one seems to give a hell a of a lot of backup to a certain multi-Doc theory. Or maybe it’s a big ol trick to wind up certain fishie types…

ardaraith @ardaraith

Are there any cryptographers among us?  I am pitiful with these things. I thought the first batch of letters was unicode.  “”WKH GRFWRU PHHWV WKH GRFWRU”  But a friend posits it could just be a substitution cypher.  He suggested something like H=E, W=T and k=H, and guessed at the phrase, “THE DOCTOR MEETS THE DOCTOR”

Sadly, he is occupied and can’t offer suggestions for the last cypher:  200805 13151419200518 0919 / 117 122 110 114 111 114 122 105 32 104 108 110 118 115 108 100

Anonymous @

@ardaraith – I’m a word puzzle freak and I shielded the next lines of your comment and came up with the same as your friend.  But, where did you get that from?

I’ll have a go at the numbers but they look unlikely as words as there are way too many 3-letter cyphers, repeated, to make a comprehensible sentence (say I before even trying, which I will!).  And is that slash in the original?

Anonymous @

@ardaraith — definitely got the same as you for the letter code. However, the number one still has me beat. I initially thought dates or co-ordinates but it’s clearly not that. The / divides the message in half, so the first half could be the instructions to deciphering the second half….

Most intriguing…

Anonymous @

@ardaraith – it’s not words, because there isn’t a 3-letter word in English that is the same 3 letters (‘111’).

Looking at it strictly as numbers after the slash, though, it’s an increasing/decreasing graph similar to how the CPU usage looks (on a Windows XP system and probably others).  The first sequence looks like May 2008 and the long sequence might have ‘2005’ buried in it.  Sorry, that’s all I have.

ardaraith @ardaraith

*******spoilers **********

spoiler space spoiler space

@Shazzbot – they came from here : http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/journey-to-the-centre-of-the-tardis-teasers-48077.htm

and it seems others have been working on these and figured them all out, revealing some most intriguing messages!

These are the cryptic hints and the solutions others have offered:
    200805 13151419200518 0919 / 117 122 110 114 111 114 122 105 32 104 108 110 118 115 108 100 – THE MONSTER IS familiar somehow
    “…oFTenThINGSarEHIDdEN INPlAiNSItEULOOKCArEFuLlY”  – TIME CRACK

HTPBDET @htpbdet

@ardarith  @jimthefish

If the Doctor meets the Doctor is a tease for this episode, my guess is that Smith will meet himself, possibly save himself, because of some timey-wimey incident of being in the heart of the TARDIS.

I am too old for the numbers deciphering…That’s a young person’s game…  🙂

Bobbingbird @bobbingbird

So does that mean the crack from series 5 is returning? Is everything we’ve seen over the last 3 series going to start falling into place? How exciting.

I now have an urge to look back at previous episodes for evidence of the crack in the universe.

I’m also very intrigued by whatever’s hidden in the TARDIS. Previous regenerations was the first thing I thought of, but perhaps that’s too obvious.

HTPBDET @htpbdet

@bobbingbird

Memories.  The TARDIS will be full of memories.

Bobbingbird @bobbingbird

@htpbdet

Like it. That sounds very possible indeed.

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

Possible spoiler….

Just saw the synopsis for the Cyberman episode that seems to include new companions…

Their names sound a bit too cute for my tastes, but we shall see.

ardaraith @ardaraith

Spoiler spoiler

@blenkinsopthebrave – well well. Those are the kids Clara nannies for

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@ardaraith. Umm…were not the children in The Snowmen Digby and Francesca?

ardaraith @ardaraith

Spoiler spoiler

@Bleninsopthebrave – the kids from BoSJ

ardaraith @ardaraith

spoiler space……………… spoiler space………..

********************I heard from you guys that this would start happening

I think I will need to stop reading the internet  🙁

(I hope this is sufficient space)

Matt Smith adds: “With the 50th, this is going to be by far the biggest year in the history of the show. And the finale is just the start. It focuses on a pivotal moment in the Doctor’s life and the life of his companion. It’s a complete game changer and it all starts now.”

her biggest hint: “All I can say is that Clara hasn’t just met the Doctor three times before…”
    “We’ll also find out what makes his new companion so impossible and there’s a surprise that no one has got right so far, and one that will change the course of Who forever!”

janetteB @janetteb

Oh dear. Statements like that always make me nervous. Unless it is a return to longer episodes I am not sure I like the sound of “complete game changer.” Hopefully it is just the usual kind of marketing overstatement.

Cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

Spoilers####################### The same as above but worded differently (from Digital Spy).

The showrunner also promised that ‘The Name of the Doctor’ will “change the course of Who forever”.”It’s full of surprises and questions that have never been answered in the history of Who, including the Doctor’s greatest secret,” Moffat claimed.”We’ll also find out what makes his new companion [Clara, played by Jenna-Louise Coleman] so impossible and there’s a surprise that no-one has got right so far.”

janetteB @janetteb

I wonder if he has been following this forum though??

Cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

@janetteb – I thought exactly that! (Plus every other Who forum out there – Moffat-monitored?!?)

Tiddler @tiddler

*******spoilers **********

It also says that there are bits and pieces planted a couple of years ago, so it seems the three series arc is a goer!

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.