General thread – fan creativity

Home Forums Fan creativity General thread – fan creativity

This topic contains 1,012 replies, has 280 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    ichabod @ichabod

@mrpastaguy —  I like your upbeat energy, and it’s got a catchy structure — good for you!

mrpastaguy @mrpastaguy

Thanks man! If your on twitter you should help me retweet this to Karen Gillan herself. I already have 3 retweets 🙂

krzak123 @krzak123

Hi,

I wanted to share with you guys my new mobile app that translates to Gallifreyan.

You can share your writings via social media, change background or lines colors.
    I also added few suprises, more like easter eggs releated to Doctor Who, so try typing TARDIS or fez.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meaars.meaarsstudio.ccg

Anyway, what do you do think? I will appreciate every feedback, it’ll will be actually fantastic to hear from you : )

WibblyWobbly @wibblywobbly

There’s a guy in Oregon named Gary Dorr that makes solid wood extremely accurate scale replicas of Tardises (or is it Tardi?)

Tardis under construction

He makes the into Wine Cabinets:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="600"]Tardis Wine Cabinet Solid wood wine cabinet with lazy susan style stand. Fits 10,000 bottles of wine and a swimming pool.[/caption]

And treasure boxes:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="600"]Tardis treasure box It’s supposed to lay tipped over so it’s like the Tardis from the 11th Doctor’s first appearance.[/caption]

Definitely some of the most impressive wooden Tardis creations I’ve ever seen and nice to see they’re on sale.

Akuma @akuma

That’s so awesome ^

gamergirlavatar @gamergirlavatar

Hi every one . I’m new and I wanted to share my theory on how Captain Jack is The Face of Boe . In season three of Torchwood , there was a bomb that went off in the Torchwood hub and Jack was the center of the blast . When the bomb went off it blew up Jack and the hub . When this happen his head was was nothing but little bits and when his head was healing it combined with some thing that was in the Torchwood hub , causing his head to mutate into The Face of Boe . One last thought , we know that when Torchwood 1 , London , fell Torchwood 3 , Cardiff , took all the alien artifacts from what was left of Torchwood 1 . At the time there was only one Torchwood to take the alien artifacts from Torchwood 3 , Torchwood 2 . Torchwood 2 might have search what was left of Torchwood 3 and found The Face of Boe . Torchwood 2 might have taken The Face of Boe to Torchwood 2 where he could have been living for years .

Hi I have a new theory . My theory is that in season 9 of Doctor Who , Gallifrey will return , but The Doctor might not be the first one to find Gallifrey . The Doctor might find Gallifrey after a new villain or a villain from the classic Doctor Who finds Gallifrey . This villain who found Gallifrey might have started a new Time War and might have killed all the Time Lords . I also think in season 9 , Clara will leave the show in middle of the season , but I don’t think she will leave the Doctor . I think that some how Clara can never see the Doctor again like Rose and Donna . Clara might also stay on longer than the Ponds but , she will not stay on the show for the full 9th season , because Jenna was just signed up for a movie . I don’t think Captain Jack or River Song will be in the 9th season . One last thought , I think Missy will help the Doctor find Gallifrey after she and Clara help save the Doctor. We know Missy and Clara will help save the Doctor because , there is a video of the cast filming on set . There is also a theory of Missy taking Clara to a different planet .

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

A rather spiffy Disney take on Who among quite a few others:

HjRobins @hjrobins

ok, so I seem to have just bought the domain doctorwho.space and I don’t know what to do with it.

GuardUp @guardup

I just wanted to share our ”Thank You” video that we made for the BBC when they granted us permission to have The Doctor as a character at our Wizards & Warriors summer camp:

Our campers (we call them ”Heroes”) learned a great deal about science and other academics while fighting monsters with foam swords and solving mysteries.

As an aside, we were impressed by the number of kids who had never had an interest in Doctor Who until the end of the summer… and then they were asking all kinds of questions. Encouraging the future generations of Whovians! :)

Thank you BBC!

Meghan

Whitecanid @whitecanid

Hi guys. After months of lurking around obsessed with the 11th Doctor and Murray Gold’s awesome soundtrack, I decided to make my own 11th doctor dance to celebrate Doctor Who’s 50 years!

Let me know what you think of this, and if you like, tell me so!

DenValdron @denvaldron

Hi guys.  Been gone for a while.  I’m thinking of writing reviews on some of the better or more interesting Doctor Who fanfilms.  There’s some very good ones, and they really should get more attention.   I’d be proposing to cover things like Wrath of Eukor, Phase Four, Fire and Ice, Downtime, things like that.  Serious detailed critical analysis, but hopefully readable and fun.  Maybe some historical and cultural context.  A few thousand words at a pop, with links on where to find them, etc.   Would that interest anyone?

todeledo @todeledo

Sounds great. I would love to read them.

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@denvaldron — yeah, I’d like to read that. Definitely worth doing….

DenValdron @denvaldron

Okay, tell you what, let’s start with the ‘Wrath of Eukor’, August, 1984, starring Barbara Benedetti and Randy Rogin, by Ryan Johnson.

Someone explain to me how I open up and post a blog, and we’ll work from there…

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@denvaldron — New topic functionality is not available to all members. Best thing to do is PM your copy to one of the Mods or our esteemed leader and they’ll put it up for you….

Hi guys . I just wanted to type this song that I wrote . The song goes to the melody of the song ” Your Song ” singed by Elton John . I changed the lyrics so they will be from The Doctors point of view and the song is about River Song .

River Song

My girl is River Song
    and this ones for you
    you tell everybody
    you are my Pond
    you may be a mystery
    but now that you’re gone

I hope you don’t mind
    I hope you don’t mind
    if I save a few worlds
    how wonderful life was
    when you were in my world

I stayed on the Tardis
    thought how hard love is
    well some of these planets
    well they , they got me quite loss

but time has been kind
    when I met River Song
    You are the reason the universe
    keeps living on

excuse me for getting blue
    but these things I do
    mean nothing to me
    with my hearts broken in two

any way I love you
    I wish I spoken these words

and you tell ever body
    you are my pond
    you may be a mystery
    but now you’re gone

I hope you don’t mind
    I hope you don’t mind
    if I save a few worlds
    How wonderful life was

I hope you don’t mind
    I hope you don’t mind
    if I save a few worlds
    how wonderful life was

GuardUp @guardup

Hey all!

For some reason, my posts were being marked as Spam, but Craig cleared that up for me.  Thank you, Craig!

Please check out our video about 8 posts up where we talk about The Doctor as a character at our educational summer camp and express our gratitude to the BBC for use of The Doctor.

Looking forward to another summer of adventure. 🙂

Meghan

janetteB @janetteb

@guardup The summer camps look interesting and above all fun. Our boys would have loved that concept. Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Janette.

GuardUp @guardup

@janetteb  Thank you!  We get kids who visit from all over the globe for our camp.  We pick them up at the Boston Airport and bring them to the sleepover camp, then return them at the end of the session for their flight home.

I was surprised by how many young kids (10 and 11 year olds) who know about Doctor Who.  It was great to have them all excited about learning from their hero… and the teachers who played the character showing the kids how to be a hero.

One thing I think this world can use more of is heroes. 🙂

Meghan

Hexelis @hexelis

I have a question. Is it OK to use the Doctor Who theme music in a youtube video, or did you guys get permission or how does that work? Thanks.

Anonymous @

@hexelis

Although using the theme without permission would be a breach of copyright, there are a huge number of videos on YouTube (and other video sites) that use music from DW and haven’t been issued with a take-down notice.

My understanding is that the BBC tend to turn a blind eye providing Ron Grainer (and also Murray Gold if you’re using one of the arrangements from 2005 onwards) is credited and something along the lines of “Doctor Who theme © BBC Worldwide Limited under exclusive licence to Silva Screen Records Limited. Used without permission.” is added either on the video itself or in the video description field on YouTube.

Hope this helps.

Hexelis @hexelis

Thanks for the input.

Jazzee @jazzee

I am usually a model railway layout enthusiast, but having done this I thought I would share…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiHur6d0nro

skytardis @skytardis

Hi ji am currently working on a doctor who fanfilm and the prologue to . This is set in alternate timeline where certain events are different. We are going to use greenscreen to mix the david tennant footage from the end of time and mix it with new footage of me in this reality i am the eleventh doctor now there is nothing against matt smith he is one of my favorite doctors. In the prologue i will meet my new companions jenny and jared. The main story is called return of a time lord where a certain rival time lord returns to cause trouble when me and my companions are relaxing at a park. My doctors clothes will be a tweed coat a bowtie a pinstripe star vest Blue dress shirt.

DenValdron @denvaldron

@skytardis  –  please accept my best wishes and compliments for your project.  It is a very difficult undertaking, no matter how it turns out.  I would suggest you keep a production diary.

Oswino @oswino

Does anybody know any good whouffle fanfics because I cant find one I could stick with till the end!

Hexelis @hexelis

thanks

skytardis @skytardis

yeah thanks Den Valdron good advice I will keep a production diary I think the regeneration. Will turn out well my friend is really good with effects software so. Then me and my friends will build the TARDIS and the masters TARDIS which is in the form of a pillar.

Iskander @iskander

Hi guys! this is my mashup back to the future doctor who! I hope you’ll appreciate it
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/redbubblepro/works/15099006-back-to-the-tardis-matt-smith

anthonykiely @anthonykiely

Hello. My name is Anthony Kiely. I am 20 years old. I am from Ireland. I love Doctor Who.

I am doing a Doctor Who Audio Series and I need voices and writers. The series will begin with the Christmas episode this year and series 1 will air next year on YouTube. If you are interested in writing for it or voicing in it or will edited the episodes for me, please contact me at anthonykiely@ymail.com. (Yes it is Ymail not Gmail).

I’d appreciated if I got a respond from anyone. All help will do.

Thank you.

Zygon63 @zygon63

I have made a little DW blog, trying to collect great Doctor Who videos (official and fan made) into one spoiler-free place (YouTube can be very dangerous for spoilers!). http://www.doctorwhotube.wordpress.com

Please check it out and let me know what you think!

anthonykiely @anthonykiely

Hello. My name is Anthony Kiely. I am 20 years old. I am from Ireland. I love Doctor Who.

I am doing a Doctor Who Audio Series and I need voices and writers. The series will begin with the Christmas episode this year and series 1 will air next year on YouTube. If you are interested in writing for it or voicing in it or will edited the episodes for me, please contact me at anthonykiely@ymail.com (Yes it is Ymail not Gmail).

I’d appreciated if I got a respond from anyone. All help will do.

Thank you.

Zygon63 @zygon63

If anyone wants to write an article/review/anything for a new online Fanzine I am making (Gallifrey Fanzine), please submit it here: http://gallifreyfanzine.weebly.com/contact.html I really need content, so please don’t just ignore this…

AlexM @alexm

Hello everyone!

I wanted to share a video I made recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDo1FjMOjDM

It’s a trailer for the next series, with a particular twist…

Hope you like it!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by  AlexM. Reason: Attempting to fix embed code
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by  AlexM. Reason: I can't fix the embed code
    RandyPan @randypan

Do you think you could do one for Natalia Tena?

mrs.DoctorNinja @mrs-doctorninja

Hey,

Looking for some good Doctor Who and/or Marvel fanfic that’s like appropriate, like PG-13, any suggestions?

THANKS!

AlexM @alexm

>>>Do you think you could do one for Natalia Tena?

I replied to you in the YouTube comments, but… probably not, to be honest.

>>>Looking for some good Doctor Who and/or Marvel fanfic that’s like appropriate, like PG-13, any suggestions?

I wrote this once, with the first Doctor, Ian, Susan and Barbara. I like to think it’s good, but your mileage may vary…!

There’s also this, with the Eleventh Doctor, Amy, and Rory, but it’s written as a script. It’s also quite a few years old now, and it’s rather ropey. I haven’t read it back in quite a few years, and I think it probably hasn’t stood the test of time, considering how old I would have been when I wrote it.

sergio @sergio

Hi all.

I am a Doctor Who super-fan, working with my team on a Virtual Reality Game, based on Weeping Angels. It will be available for free, on Android and iOS really soon. It is playable with a google cardboard (the recommended way- VR enabled) or the usual way (VR disabled)

We started a contest here: http://ninja-vr.com/wp_ninja/index.php/contest/

You can submit a short story about weeping angels and crack in space and time. The best stories will be “converted” in game levels, and the winners will have their name reported in the credits section. If you think this contest is perfect for you, please feel free to fill the form with your story. No need to register or subscribe, just take you time, think about a nice story, write it down and push the submit button 🙂

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="633"]screenshot just a screenshot from the game :)[/caption]

SwannMadeleine @swannmadeleine

The13thDoctorLucky13 @the13thdoctorlucky13

My friends and myself have recently made a Doctor Who fan film.  Following an alternate timeline of the 13th Regeneration of the Doctor.  I am trying to get feedback on the film to see if it would be worth doing a whole series of these.  So I post it here with the hopes that fellow Whovians will watch and let us know what they think!

Anonymous @

There is some great stuff on this thread! What creative people you all are! I am loving the music videos, and did I see a Tardis Guitar? WOW!

These are a few drawings I’ve done lately. River is just a quick sketch, she is wearing on of the silence eye patches. 10 is unfinished, just thought I’d post a “in progress” picture of it. Picture of 11, put balloon in because I thought it was cute, but if anyone knows what episode this was from I would love to hear about it, because I can’t remember.

River SongDoctor 11

AlexM @alexm

Nice work! I like the Eleven drawing.

Anonymous @

Thanks AlexM!

panasonicyouth @panasonicyouth
    panasonicyouth @panasonicyouth

Also found a lot of really cool patterns on Etsy to make Dr. Who plushes!!
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/deadlysweetplushes

swinks @swinks

Hi all, I am new here and got into the early doctor who when I was a kid in the 80’s and now helping a friend with a “whomobile” for his Doctor Who pinball. I have been drawing it in solidworks and been a bit of a challenge. I have finished my interpretation with details and was going to finish with the prototype windscreen and another with the enclosed cockpit.

edit – sorry it failed loading up a image

Anonymous @

So its really bad form to advertise yourself on a forum (no pun intended XD) But I thought I would share my etsy; as you guys have been posting some cool etsy links.

BTW I sell Bow Ties:)

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TwoPaintedPockets?ref=search_shop_redirect

Anonymous @

@mopandfez10

Love your work. The drawings are gorgeous. The balloon with Smith could be in the 2-parter The Rebel Flesh where he discovers a company using ‘gangers’ to mine acid. I also thought there was a more recent episode with balloons but I’m not sure either.

@the13thdoctorlucky13 (wow! What a mouthful). Love the film. good job.

@zygon63

That sounds wonderful and ambitious. Wish I could help -too busy. But I’ve passed this to some friends who may be interested. Good luck!

@sergio your game looks very exciting and something Boy Ilion would love to try.

Kindest, Puro

(I’ve missed this thread for awhile and am glad to have checked all this creativity out)

MrVii @mrvii

Hello, sorry if Im cutting into the middle of something but Im a new fan and my wife is a HUGE fan. Its out anniversary and Im trying to write something meaningful to us in Gallifreyan.
    I used a guide (http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s–nqI1RxU7–/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/18nsfi5cafmvqpng.png) and wrote it out and then put the phrase into a Gallifreyan translator (https://gallifreyan-9000.rhcloud.com/#ABOVE%20ALL%20THINGS) and it shows as different and I cant figure out why.

Did I do something wrong? (sorry for potatocam)
    It says “Above all things”

View post on imgur.com

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,013 total)

The topic ‘General thread – fan creativity’ is closed to new replies.