Spoilers

Home Forums General Spoilers

This topic contains 932 replies, has 79 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 933 total)
  • Author
    wolfweed @wolfweed

Anonymous @

@wolfweed

Thanks for the pics. Wasn’t fast enough to see the vid. One of those pics is clearly of Gallifrey(which looks to be very much in flames) and the other looks very like The Raft of the Medusa by Delacroix. Which obviously makes me think ‘Medusa Cascade’ in my head….

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

Am sitting on a train with my phone. Just saw a 40 second version of tomorrow’s trailer. Seriously. Since this is the spoiler page I will only say. this: The Time War–big time. Where is @wolfweed when he is needed!

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Craig @craig
    Emperor

Oh my giddy Aunt!

The Moment, definitely! Rose in full-on Bad Wolf mode (well, glowing eyes anyway).

So why use The Moment if she can delete all the Daleks again? That was my very first thought.

Must re-watch. Maybe they (meaning multiple Doctors) don’t use The Moment. Is Rose gonna be The Real Moment?

As I said, must re-watch.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

I got all excited. On re-watch am now thinking it could be all massive misdirection.

“The moment is coming” could have nothing to do with “The Moment” and much of what we see could be flashback, or the first 5 minutes. But Rose does seem to be in Bad Wolf mode (can she absorb the TARDIS twice?)

Moffat… You’ve pulled a blinder again.

wolfweed @wolfweed

http://www.combom.co.uk/2013/11/the-day-of-doctor-trailer-from-bbc.html    (With stills)

Pictures are clearer. Notice The Seal of Rassilon on the Moment mantle, & John Hurt’s unique TARDIS.
    z

There are going to be 2 trailers – One on  Saturday & one on Sunday. Which has been leaked?

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@wolfweed Could just be a joke about a big red reset button. It’s the biggest, reddest button ever! Do like the fact that there are three TARDISs. Hurt’s does look great.

Was almost more interested to see Clara using a vortex manipulator (and looking like she knew what she was doing) – is that River’s vortex manipulator?

wolfweed @wolfweed

@craig – It’s the Sunday one apparently. The Comic Con one with effects added.

Didn’t even take in the vortex manipulator. Looks like she’s wearing a bandage or something…

Off to replay into oblivion…

@wolfweed this one is only 40 seconds, so maybe they are saving the longer one for Sunday.

Then again, I predicted the Kennedy assassination would be in it, so all my predictions should be read accordingly.

@wolfweed. So it’s the Sunday one. That confirms my point about my predictive powers.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@wolfweed It’s not very good for you!

Other thing I noticed is a distinct lack of other Time Lords (but it is only 40 secs).

janetteB @janetteb

The Doctor did talk about the Time War. Maybe what we are going to see is another war, one he hasn’t talked about involving rafts, British royalty, the Gamma forests and Fields of Trenzalore, Daleks, Zygons but not involving the Time Lords, or maybe that is just what the Trailer is crafted to make us think.. Because one thing I am certain of, the trailer will not contain genuine spoilers, just misdirections.

Thanks @everyone who shared links, including those which were taken down, for posting. The excitement starts building now and I could certainly do with it.

cheers

Janette

chickenelly @chickenelly

Gah!  All the spoiler videos don’t work!

You know, I avoided them like the plague in the run up to TNotD but having waited so long for some 50th action with bugger all to show for it I was willing to take the plunge.

Just have to wait till tonight and tomorrow then.  Does that mean I’ll be forced to watch Atlantis?  Damn you BBC! *shakes fist*

Timeloop @timeloop

Haven’t watched any of the videos, waiting for the official one. BUT if there will be the Moment like @craig was convinced in #20322 I am going to faint and squeak and  hop up and down – basically to lose it. I would definitely be ecstatic for a few days. Can’t wait!

The picture in the first video (did stop it right at the beginning) of this page is probably the one we were musing about with the letter and “under gallery”.

Cheers, (nice to see you @chickenelly ! The videos/fate/chance don’t want you on the dark side then =D )

Timeloop

Craig @craig
    Emperor
    Timeloop @timeloop

@craig The proper trailer?

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@timeloop Yes, it is.

Timeloop @timeloop

Alright, I watched it. Will be spectacular in 3D

The thing that stands out most for me is Clara using a Vortex manipulater on her own??

The Moment on the other hand could mean anything.

Magnetite @magnetite

Or, if you want the official official one….

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01l9ntt

I guess the Beeb decided that they had to put it out earlier than planned as it’s already been leaked.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@magnetite @timeloop

Yes, the BBC have given in and posted it. I’ve started a blog to discuss it there as it’s no longer a spoiler, but still…

http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/sidrat/the-trailer-discuss-it-here/

wolfweed @wolfweed

Time for a recap? Relevant Spoiler posts from a while back…
    z

z

z

@craig – I only watched the trailer 10 times or so. Slightly melty eyes.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

z

Spoilers from the Telegraph I think…

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@wolfweed Ooh… all three of them with their hand on the big red button.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Not an actual Spoiler as such, but I don’t wish to be eviscerated…

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Moment

z

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

Anonymous @

@wolfweed – there’s a Zygon-y look to the scrolly, suckery head of that female in your picture.  Is that deliberate, I wonder?

wolfweed @wolfweed

@Shazzbot – I think that’s a tribute to Time Lady Flavia’s Hairdo… It does look very Zygony, though.

z

Timeloop @timeloop

@wolfweed @craig

So it seems to be a button and no big gemstone. Apologies.

Rose does not quite look like herself, does she? Looks kinda shape-shifty-ish

wolfweed @wolfweed

@Shazzbot – Nothing too exciting.

Ingrid Oliver’s character ‘Osgood’* is related to UNIT’s ‘Sgt. Osgood’ from the Pertwee story – ‘The Daemons’.

z

(*Nothing to do with Oswin).

Anonymous @

@wolfweed – tried to fix your URL but it’s a strange one … send again and I’ll adjust your original post – Shazz.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@Shazzbot – Here’s a different picture of Sgt. Osgood.

z

The Krynoid Man @thekrynoidman

There’s been no mention of the Zygons in any of the trailers, which is strange since they’ve been confirmed to appear in the special. Maybe it has something to do with Queen Elizabeth.

geoffers @geoffers

@wolfweed – regarding the picture in your post above (#20403), i just posited a [very-hopeful-yet-probably-too-good-to-be-true] sighting of a similar figure/silhouette, in the second trailer…

am wondering if you might see the same thing?

that picture looks like an older mcgann/much, much younger john hurt, to my eyes…

🙂 🙂 🙂

geoffers @geoffers

@wolfweed – oops, should have read “in the second trailer… over on ‘the trailer – discuss it here’ blog…

Anonymous @

@The Krynoid Man

“There’s been no mention of the Zygons in any of the trailers, which is strange since they’ve been confirmed to”

they are seen breaking through what looks to be a glass chamber/cage in the second trailer

CraigNixon @craignixon

Oh mercy!

I stick by my theory from a few days ago!

Theory: – The Timewar was creating havoc thru Time and Space and was on the verge of destroying it.

The Doctor used ‘The Moment’ to off the Eye of Harmony into his Tardis to power down the Timelords – the people he considered responsible. With no power, the Daleks would destroy them, he was hoping they’d back off and negotaite. This is what he did for ‘Peace and Sanity’

But Rassilon has other ideas. He delved into Gallifreys past and brought up other horrors – beings of power that fought for Gallifrey. This is the Doctors secret – he interfered and created a worse monster in corrupt timelords.

The Moment (really a shard of the Eye Of Harmony)  is a device used to create a timelock – Knowing he failed The Doctor created a timelock around his worst nightmares – Time Lords Corrupt – and hid the moment in 1562 – with Elizabeths OK. He dissapeared though leaving no instructions on what it was apart from it being dangerous – thats why she tried to get him in The Shakespeare Code.

The Moment is sat both radiating energies and absorbing the hopes and dreams of a London in turmoil. And it is awakening.

As it awakens, the seal on the Timewar loosens – The horrors are returning and The Doctor returns but the Time Energies snap Him, Hurt and 10 side by side

Only Hurt Doctor can put the Moment back to sleep and and He, 10 and 11 must work together to Reseal the Time War, stop the Moment from creating Chaos whilst protecting it from those who covet it (Zygons, Daleks etc)

wolfweed @wolfweed

@geoffers – post #20403 shows the McGann Dr.

wolfweed @wolfweed

http://www.kasterborous.com/2013/11/moffat-hurt-doctor-around/

Moffat: Hurt Doctor Has “been around”
    z

wolfweed @wolfweed

Today’s Daily Mail
    z

Moffat gets down with the kids…
    z

wolfweed @wolfweed
    OsakaHatter @osakahatter

Linking to this here to be on the safe side.  Interview with MS and JC from 6 months ago that Den of Geek have re-released.  Nothing particularly spoilery, but they’ve used the pictures that have been released recently.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-who/28078/matt-smith-and-jenna-coleman-on-the-day-of-the-doctor

Anonymous @

I’m not really sure this counts as a spoiler, but I’m not taking any chances:

Children asked to design new gadget for Doctor Who in competition

Blue Peter viewers will be invited to design a gadget to feature in the next series of BBC1’s Doctor Who.
    The CBBC competition, launched on 21 November, will give children the chance to create a new sonic device for characters such as Strax, Madame Vastra or Jenny Flint to mark the sci-fi show’s 50th anniversary.
    Winners will be announced a month later and the winner will be invited to Cardiff to the Doctor Who set to see their gadget being used.

Note that it doesn’t say ‘used by whom’ but it seems pretty clear that the implication is, the Paternoster Gang are baaaaaack … 🙂

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

This from Twitter:

Gareth Roberts ‏@OldRoberts953 17h
    Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide 18 November at 8pm on BBC3. Features bits of Matt and Jenna written by me!z

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

janetteB @janetteb

Nice Radio Times interview. Thanks @wolfweed. That scarf is annoying me. Why? Why the scarf? It looks rather Fourth wall to me. If not then it must be significant. Recalcitrant teenager and I have just been speculating about it. Did Dr 4 give Romana his scarf when he left her in E Space with K.9 mk II? Umm. methinks I should watch the trailer again.

Cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

@janetteb – My guess is that Osgood is a big 4th Dr fan (he worked for UNIT too) and that scarf is not his actual scarf, but a homage…
    z

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.