Spoilers

Home Forums General Spoilers

This topic contains 932 replies, has 79 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 933 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

@jimthefish – because you said those pictures weren’t actually very spoilerish, I decided to view.  Glad I did, because they aren’t arc-changing, theory-modifying, or in any other way spoilery as in the sense of telling us anything concrete about TNotD.

However, the one in the rear-view mirror made me laugh because I remembered Jurassic Park: ‘Objects in mirror are larger than they appear’.  Remember that I’m American originally, and have only owned a car in America (in my many years since in England, I’ve never become car-owner), I assume that little phrase is affixed to the bottom of every rear-view mirror.  So it made me wonder what giant thing is actually being displayed in that photo. 🙂

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@Shazzbot Those pics could be seen as huge spoilers by some. I’m not going to discuss it here though. You’re right, they don’t reveal anything concrete, but if you want to know what they do seem to reveal I can PM you about them.

Anonymous @

@craig – no! please!  I will re-see those pictures after Saturday (and think about your comment at that time).

🙂

… spoilerly spoilsport

… spoilerly spoilsport

As someone with very long hair, though, I did wonder about one of those pictures …  Hair that long doesn’t grow overnight  🙂

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@Shazzbot Ha ha, no probs. Just thought I’d offer… Not saying anything more 🙂

Timeloop @timeloop

@Shazzbot lol, talking in riddles, are we?

@craig can you tell us you thought after the release, I’m interested. (Wont even look at the pictures now)

Anonymous @

@timeloop – we’ve suddenly accelerated from ‘absolutely no spoilers’ , to,  access to pictures which [apparently] provide spoilers.  I have no desire to ruin my anticipation of this Saturday’s episode, but even I had a butcher’s (this is a good addition to your colloquial English; but if you already know what ‘a butcher’s’ means — ‘a look at’ — then I am in even more awe of your English skills!) – at these pictures.

I guess that we must all look at these pictures again, after Saturday’s episode, and then we will all know what Craig was talking about.

Timeloop @timeloop

@Shazzbot You have 😉 I stayed clean. I find it gets easier. Bit like everybody likes music you dont. But since you could not find anything spoiler-ish you should be fine. (I imagine you going *facepalm* watching the episode if there is something in there you just did not realize [funny picture])

to have a butcher’s is a new one (thanks for the explanation)- english can be so brutal… think about the origins of that phrase *disgusted face*

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@Shazzbot and @timeloop If I’m right you won’t need any explanation. Of course, I could be wrong.

Timeloop: “Have a butcher’s” comes from Cockney rhyming slang. Have you heard of that? If not, Cockney’s developed their own language based on rhymes and many have now made it into common usage via TV programmes such as Eastenders.

The common way it is used is that a word is replaced by a phrase that rhymes with the word, but the actual rhyming part of the phrase is then dropped so outsiders won’t understand. So “butcher’s hook” replaces “look” but then the hook bit is dropped. So to have a look, is to have a butchers.

From wikipedia:

In similar fashion, “telephone” is replaced by “dog” (= ‘dog-and-bone’); “wife” by “trouble” (= ‘trouble-and-strife’); “eyes” by “minces” (= ‘mince pies’); “wig” by “syrup” (= ‘syrup of figs’) and “feet” by “plates” (= ‘plates of meat’). Thus a construction of the following type could conceivably arise: “It nearly knocked me off me plates—he was wearing a syrup! So I ran up the apples, got straight on the dog to me trouble and said I couldn’t believe me minces.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhyming_slang

Timeloop @timeloop

@craig Thanks so much for the explanation! In fact I dimly remember having a lesson about that in school… So nice that the two of you care =3

ardaraith @ardaraith

Spoiler

spoiler pics

I’m a little surprised the BBC has released so any pics of the upcoming finale. Another batch of almost 40 came out today. many are very spoilery in natures.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.ie/2013/05/the-name-of-doctor-more-promo-pics.html

Miapatrick @miapatrick

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

pics and trailer

Good news I think regarding River: from those pictures- @ardaraith– thanks for link- I can never help myself from peaking- doesn’t the next episode look fantastic? and new trailer on BBC website- looks like that wasn’t the Tardis interface projecting River, or if it is, River herself also appears. Which is in my opinion A Good Thing.

Does anyone know how bad the spoilering from people with copies of the final episode is? I’ve kept to this site and the BBC one, and my OU site and that’s it, so it’s as though it never happened. (Don’t know if I could have resisted without this site, though. It’s made me feel I’d rather wait and discuss it with everyone at the right time rather than just find out. I don’t know what I would have done if I had received the episode though. I wouldn’t have gone online and spoilt it, but would I have left it in the box?…

ardaraith @ardaraith

@miapatrick – I’ve heard the spoilers are non-existant.  ?? Very strange, but it has caused some to speculate that the accident, as it were, never happened: that it was all a big marketing ploy. ??

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@ardaraith– if so, I would be caught between admiration and anger. Snipey though it gets at times, I’ve rather missed the Guardian thread, and the internet in general.

Big risk for them, though, because once the episode is out people will know if the so-called spoilers really were spoilers- I think someone on this site was saying they saw one by accident, so there must be some out there, even if they’re fake.

I suppose the three options are:

it happened, but people have been, overall, surprisingly decent.

It didn’t happen, the story is a marketing ploy.

It didn’t happen, some people just thought it would be funny to pretend it had.

Anonymous @

@ardaraith — cheers for the link. I’m not sure that they’re all that spoilery though. To me, they don’t really tell you anything that we didn’t know already… just kind of add some texture really…

#

#

#

#

#

Although they do indeed suggest that we’ll be seeing a more corporeal River than we first feared. That’s definitely a good thing.

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@jimthefish

yes, the reason I like

looking at the BBC pictures is that they tend to raise questions rather than answer them, for me at least.

Anonymous @

Jeez, I hate myself @ardaraith!  I had to look at your pictures.  Thankfully, as @jimthefish says, not so spoilery as I feared.

… but look away now if this is in the Activity Feed …

… but look away now if this is in the Activity Feed …

I first suggested that River Song was not so incorporeal as others thought she was in the Next Time / Trailer clips.  And it would appear from these pictures that I was right.  Yay me!  (I so rarely get anything right, please allow me a tiny glowing moment.  Of course, we know nothing of the upcoming episode and when I am proved utterly, totally wrong, I will ask the Powers That Be to remove all trace of this comment, to spare my blushes.)

@miapatrick

Or it could be that far fewer disc went out than was initially feared.

Timeloop @timeloop

Do

not

even

look.

Anybody thought the discription could be word for word what SM means? Do we see the grave of the Doctor as well? This has psyched me up….

19:00: The Doctor has a secret he will take to his grave. And it is discovered

Timeloop @timeloop

I am so happy I was right! I even squeaked =D

Anonymous @

I’ve really debated whether or not to post this…

but…

spoilers…

of a sort….

but definitely some might say….

a bit spoilery for the 50th…

Bearing in mind the debate currently raging about who exactly Hurt’s Doctor is, I thought that some find it of interest. Don’t blame me if you click through on the link though. And it’s probably more fun if you remain unspoiled and can speculate wildly and freely for a few months longer.

For me that pic pretty much settles the issue. (But then again maybe that’s exactly what Moffatt wants us to think…)

Anonymous @

@jimthefish

Space for spoiler alert

Space for spoiler alert

Don’t accidentally read this in the activity stream …

A)  If that costume means something PG (did we definitely decided on ‘Pre Gap’?), then it’s meaningless to me, so thank goodness it’s not spoilery for me at all!

B)  Note the caption references ‘1st appearance’ and the page name references ’50th’.  But we all know when that person’s first appearance in DW is.  Couldn’t that be the costume being worn in that first appearance?

Anonymous @

Space for spoiler alert

#
    Space for spoiler alert

#
    Don’t accidentally read this in the activity stream …#

#
    you have been warned….

#
    Well, interestingly, @Shazzbot, I’d say that it suggests that Hurt’s Doctor could straddle the Gap. He’d be the missing link that connects Old and Nu Who…

CraigNixon @craignixon

Spolier

Spoil

SPool

Pool

Poo

OO

O

Interesting that Hurt is wearing black and Smith / Tennant are wearing white.

Its probably his first filmed scene. I don’t think that means anything at all apart from Hurt looks like a posh farmer

Timeloop @timeloop

Do

not

even

look.

Why

can

I

still

see

it

in

the activity steam? Seems to be a wordcount thing… Oh, come on!

Same as @Shazzbot nothing revealing for me in that pictures. You also see Matt and David together so no big deal. I stumbled across this  from the sun and I am very happy I did not read all of it. If you are interested though…

Anonymous @

@timeloop

Spoiler thread posting

Spoiler thread posting

I am so never going to the Sun’s website!  I would never deign to add myself as one of their ‘clicks’.  🙂

Timeloop @timeloop

@Shazzbot Was more a mistake than anything else. I am not as familiar as you are

LJB19 @ljb19

*****spoilers*****

John Hurt is most likely the one who fought the time war. if you notice whenever the time war is talked about the doctor never takes full blame of it, this is why. It wasn’t him who killed his whole race it was the John Hurt doctor. Is this why all the past doctors are running away from  when Clara is in the Doctor’s time stream? do all of the previous doctors shun him for his actions

As for Clara being River song, I highly doubt it. Yes they are similar characters, but if they were the same person then wouldn’t Clara know it? im not sure.this just my opinion

omega21 @omega21

ok about what Bluesqueakpip said about The Doctor giving the order to kill his grandchild… honestly thats way to dark for Doctor Who. also the only grandchild we have ever met is Susan. and we all know Susan is alive and well in love with a freedom fighter on earth in the 23rd century (The Dalek Invasion Of Eath). i think that the he is Paul McGanns 8th Doctor only a lot older because we all asume that he rengereated after the The Last Great Time War. but what if he didnt.

So here is what we know so far

• Ten and Rose are returning. How? Why?
    • Kate is back
    • Liz I is back. Why?
    • John Hurt’s mysterious Doctor will be explained.
    • Ingrid Oliver playes a character proabably connected to Tom Baker’s Doctor.
    • The Daleks, Cybermen and Zygons are back.
    • Filming has been at the Tower of London. The Tower is known as being the base of UNIT (The Power of Three).
    • Filming has been at Trafalger Square.
    • Filming has been at Totters Lane and Coal Hill School (The Unearthly Child, Rememberence of the Daleks)

So somehow it will be connected to Gallifery, The Last Great Time War and The Doctor’s first adventures with Susan (and maybe Ian and Barbra)…

I also think maybe Gallifrey was not destoryed in the Time War but the reminants of the planet is Trenzalore…

Timeloop @timeloop

@omega21 who are Kate and Liz? Like your way of thinking ahead.

omega21 @omega21

@timeloop Kate Stewart and Queen Elizabeth the First

TheSenileTARDIS @theseniletardis

What do you guys think is up with John Hurt?

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Hi @theseniletardis , welcome to the site. If you want to know what we think there is plenty to read. You can start with these two topics. We’d love to hear your theories:

http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/s33-7-14-the-name-of-the-doctor/
    http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/the-50th-anniversary-special-part-2/

Lula @lula

Spoilers!

SPOILERS!!

I’M SERIOUS–YOU’VE BEEN WARNED!!!

Twitter is burning up with activity regarding a supposed email leak via the BBC. @IanLevine (twitter handle) tweeted that he’s privy to intel about Series 8. Namely, that it won’t air until August 2014, but also…we have a new Doctor coming aboard the Tardis. No speculation on whether this occurs during the Christmas episode, but there you go.

Take this info for what you will, obviously.

Heads up…

look away now

No idea how much in it, but Twitter is alive with rumour of a VERY big announcement at midnight. Sunday Times claiming it will be on their front page.

Tiddler @tiddler

spoiler – prob not, but just in case

spoiler

etc

etc

This has been announced by the Beeb, so I don’t know if it still counts as a spoiler, but I’m not going to risk psting it anywhere else first – Matt Smith is leaving, will be regenerating in the Christmas special. Shame, I really liked his doctor, but time for lots of speculation on who we’ll get next!

FishComBobulated @fishcombobulated

Very surprising the way they’re handling it: two weeks after the season finale, months before the special, and half a year from Christmas. Who knew but Smith and Moff that those sad scenes from two weeks ago would resonate even more greatly today?

Tiddler @tiddler

Def not a spoiler now – it’s headline news on BBC1!

Liked this part of Matt’s statement:

“The fans of Doctor Who around the world are unlike any other; they dress up, shout louder, know more about the history of the show (and speculate more about the future of the show) in a way that I’ve never seen before. “

FishComBobulated @fishcombobulated

Given the ending of the finale, I wish the news broke a little sooner.

chickenelly @chickenelly

Noooooooo….

Well to be honest it was coming.  Hope the new person will be good, we’ve lucked out with the last three.

Tiddler @tiddler

I was kind of hoping we’d get one more series before a change. Still, I was sure whoever followed David Tennant wouldn’t be as good, and I was wrong, so maybe Doctor 12 will be even better! (I assume it can’t actually be John Hurt, can it??)

Tiddler @tiddler

BTW, is this “news” rather than “spoilers” now??

chickenelly @chickenelly

I’ve switched my avatar to full mourning (with a black victorian bonnet) to mark the occasion.

chickenelly @chickenelly

@tiddler

Well it is all over the BBC website and the Grauniad so it would be hard to miss.

Mephistopheles @mephistopheles

I’ve now experienced that awful moment of losing my Doctor. So long Matt and thanks for all the fishfingers.

Tiddler @tiddler

Does this mean there’s no chance HTPBDET will ever add that S?

ckmoak @ckmoak

So sad that he’s leaving. I really don’t think he got enough of a chance to grow into the role. I mean, he was good, but he coulda been a contendah, ya know? I dunno. I just feel like all of his stories were so big and complicated–I just wanted him to stick around a little longer.

I wrote a piece about it here with news coverage: http://www.electricfeast.com/breaking-news-matt-smith-retiring-the-sonic-after-christmas/

Miapatrick @miapatrick

Urgh, my boyfriend was just flicking through the channels and we happened to hear about it.

Seems wrong to let it out before the 50th university special.

I don’t really remember how it happened with ‘nine’ and ‘ten’ (assuming they are…) but I do think in this case it lets a lot out of the bag. He’ll survive the 50th, for example, at least long enough to lead into Christmas.

Two points though- given that Christmas editions are usually relatively poorly received/seen as a bit novelty/the episodes ‘non-fans’ are most likely to watch, it’s a bit audacious. And I think people have said that Matt Smith said he has signed on for longer- does regeneration necessarily mean no more ‘Eleven’ (assuming he is…). Dark Doctor, Cyber Doctor, Dalek Doctor, Ganger Doctor, Echo Doctor? (Doctor What?)

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

Yes, it’s headline news on the BBC news site. I imagine either Matt Smith has got a job which means they can no longer delay the announcement, or they knew it was about to break.

Gosh. I’d been expecting it , but in the last week I’d almost convinced myself he was staying for S8.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@fishcombobulated @miapatrick

Supposedly some numpty at the BBC cc’d some people they shouldn’t have on an email about his exit, which is why they had to announce now.

There were even more details in that email, but I’m not gonna reveal what I know. I’ll let you search for them if you want to. @lula ‘s post above would be a good place to start, if you’re interested.

Miapatrick @miapatrick

@mephistopheles

me too.

Matt Smith was ‘my’ Doctor. I quite liked the re-boot, liked Eccles, liked Tennant, love Smith. Of course, some of that might mean: liked RTD, love Moffit. So braveheart! lets try to trust in Moffits casting…

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.