50th Anniversary Special

Home Forums Episodes The Eleventh Doctor 50th Anniversary Special

This topic contains 219 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    ScaryB @scaryb

@juniperfish – couldn’t find my other avatar so made a new one. Maybe I should friendly it up a bit, but it seemed appropriate 🙂

Master (who?) and TimeLords, yes. And jelly babies AND jammy dodgers. Daleks? They could come in wheeling a big birthday cake (and/or a souffle) and everyone joins in a big chorus of happy birthday… (and say they were only kidding about the Pandorica)

<I’ll get my coat 🙂 >

ScaryB @scaryb

LOL @bluesqueakpip‘s canon

It’s handy having 11 Doctors – not just a football team, also 11 month countdown. (New Zealand TV are doing a Doctor/month)

@juniperfish – timelock/Clara/key – really like it, but maybe a bit BtVS. Sure Moffat could put his own spin on it though

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@juniperfish

The poor man’s called Simm. 🙂 And Tony Ainley lasted all the way from Tom Baker to Sylvester McCoy, so it really is up to Steven Moffat.

John Simm is a good enough actor, and Steven Moffat a good enough writer, that they could presumably move the Master to a characterisation that’s somewhat less barking than it was under RTD. Fun as it was, I don’t want the Master like that all the time.

While Steven Moffat was still on Twitter, his response to the Benedict Cumberbatch rumour was ‘he’ll have to wait his turn’. Which did sound like he still thought of John Simm as the current Master (subject to availability).

Though, Rule One. Of course.

Juniperfish @juniperfish

@scaryb No – I like the scary.

I’m quite taken with cuddly Daleks and a birthday cake 🙂

Maybe the new Master can burst out of said cake.

I’d also like to see the Dreamlord again at some point.  And now I think about it, it was really very naughty of the writers to include space-pollen and a pregnant Amy.

Alien sex pollen is a well-known fan-fiction trope. Apparently it originated with a Star Trek Original Series episode This Side of Paradise where Spock ingested some alien pollen and got romantic with a local damsel…

I suppose we’d need a corresponding 50th Anniversary Torchwood special to cover this properly.

I’ll get my coat 🙂

Juniperfish @juniperfish

@bluesqueakpip

Well, alas, I would like Simm to simulate regenerating, but for real 🙂

Into Cumberbatch? No too Moff incestuous.

I’d like Eva Green, as long as the writing didn’t ham it up too much.

I always thought the Doctor’s explanation about how the pollen (which is a hallucinogen when it heats up) just happened to float into the TARDIS was a bit … feeble.  Sort of ‘I have no idea how that got in here, honestly’ feeble.

Sort of ‘isn’t it strange I knew exactly what was causing our hallucinations’ feeble. 🙂

@juniperfish – we’ll just have to agree to differ. 😀 It’s probably because I’ve seen him do very different roles.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

Well – a mega post before I dematerialise to bed and sleep (hopefully, cause the insomnia is getting less funny by the day).

@juniperfish

I do find the eight haters quite funny – but surely he is canon now. I like the fact that RTD was offered the option of ignoring his turn by BBC Worldwide, and basically went to the other major writers he was working with and the collective view was that – yes, he was the Doctor.

And I do think that was fair. For all the faults of the film, I think he really impressed me as the Doctor. The scene in which he convinces Grace that he is the same man she operated on by telling her about her favourite composer is magical.

I posted on the audio blog, that today’s episode on R4 Extra was possibly the wrong entry point for these stories. It saw the end of an era, and people may have been confused by some of the backstory. While produced for commercial release, the habit of Radio 4 to broadcast previous years runs after Christmas has become a regular fixture. They are lovely in their own way, and seem significant somehow because they started out as very “classic” structured series, but have developed and are now transitioning to something more like nu-Who. As you will see from the Doctors look. That leather coat is very Ecclestone.

@scaryb

Tomorrow’s episode at 6pm and 12pm might interest you because it’s a starting point with a situations vacant position for a companion willing to travel with the Doctor. A good jumping on point.

Juniperfish @juniperfish

@bluesqueakpip LOL

Oopsy, the TARDIS has hit a slight light-years-wide cloud of space pollen again… 🙂

Huh, that would make for a very dark fic. The Doctor keeps The Dreamlord inside him most of the time, a submerged Mr. Hyde, but every now and again he can’t stand it any longer and he has to let him out to “play” for a bit. The mechanism he’s found for doing that is to take a pinch of space-pollen…

I like it.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@juniperfish Are we starting to the see the beginnings of a plot for “Fifty Shades of Blue”, or even “Fifty Years in Time”? 😀

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@juniperfish and @edmund

I am going to cross-post this reply to your points about crossed time streams, the exploding Tardis and the fields of Tranzilor, it seems as relevant to this thread as to the 50th anniversary thread (I suspect the overlap between threads holds the potential for getting out of hand. But no matter, as we seem to be all reading all the thread simultaneously!)

Anyway, could it be that the re-booted universe is corrupted (in the computer sense) and that it will lead to a jumbling of time streams that only the other Doctors can unscramble? (I am trying to think of a scenario where the whole history of Who is integral to the story the 50th anniversary show). This is something that Moffat has said he wants to do–ie, do justice to the whole history of Who. And although Moffat lies, I do not think he would lie about that.

And yes, I know, this has not necessarily got anything to do with Kennedy, although it may have 4th wall possibilities.

Finally, should I be cross-posting? If it is too chaotic, I will abide by the vox populi.

bobbingbird @bobbibgbird

I think re spoilers, it’s best to err on the side of caution. Personally I like little teases (Timothy Dalton a Time Lord? I can’t wait!), but not reveals.

The risk is that we actually stumble across what’s going to happen during our theorising (I know, it’s not likely but is possible!), and hence spoil without meaning to. It is a minefield. I guess we all have to take it on good faith that we are not deliberately posting spoilers, but only taking wild (and only sligthly educated) guesses.

The rumour I read was the title – it was a bit too obvious to be believable…

The Master has to return, and I would like to see Sim play the role under Moffatt’s charge. RTD camped him up a bit for me. I’d have loved Derek Jacobi to get more screen time as the Master.

bobbingbird @bobbibgbird

oh yes, the Fields of Tranzilor. That has to feature somewhere doesn’t it. The fall of the eleventh and all that. Better not mean his regeneration. I would be very unhappy at that. I think Matt could go for a while yet.

bobbingbird @bobbibgbird

oh, and Kovarian and the Silence are bound to make a return, aren’t they? it’s going to be a very busy anniversary year.

ScaryB @scaryb

LOL @ 50 Shades of Who 🙂  (Esp given the frequency with which the early companions used to be captured and tied up (with a wide variety of techy handcuffs), skimpy costumes etc. The Master, Dominators…!!)

Addition to @juniperfish‘s wishlist – the TARDIS in some form – having given her a voice once, she has to find it again for the 50th

(And for the record, having seen John Simms in other roles, I’d be happy to see him back; he’s very versatile actor. The Master could be very different character coming back, having a new understanding of how he was manipulated from very young age)

ScaryB @scaryb

Re Spoilers etc – I agree with @blenkinsopthebrave – err on side of caution 🙂

I remember from previous discussions that there was general agreement re OK taking the risk that the speculation might lead to us solving it in advance – but the consensus was that the chance of catching more than 1 or 2 elements was miniscule! (Which seems to be pretty much borne out by our track record!). Unless we stumble across it on the infinite no of monkeys principle.

I suggest – as @phaseshift mentioned, if it’s on the BBC website, or in the press releases, that is info that they want out there, and is OK for main discussions. Episode titles are inevitably teases – eg The Doctor’s Wife

A separate thread I think would be useful for those who want to discuss rumours etc from other sources

janetteB @janetteb

I’m hoping for a return of the Time Lords for the 50th and Clara as the key, scattered through time is probably my current favourite theory. I would also like to see some slight reference to old stories or characters/assistants ie Susan. As she, it would appear, is of Time Lord origin and is related to the Doctor her character has potential untapped narrative interest.

I accept the 8th Doctor as canon though I don’t really view the film he was in as part of the Dr Who story. I always felt it was a shame that Paul McGann was wasted in that travesty. He was a fine Doctor but the production was not Dr Who. The Comic Relief Curse of Fatal Death was far closer in feel and spirit, no surprise given that it was penned by Who fan, Steven Moffat when nu who was just a dream.

Regarding spoilers I agree it is best to err on side of caution. On a Dr Who thread on another forums there are often two discussions, with and without spoilers. The spoilers aren’t usually too “spiolerish” and admittedly the non-spoiler discussion is rather dull but there are few Who related posts anyway. The problem is that the definition of spoiler is idiosyncratic. Some people object to even hearing the name of an episode, though that is published in TV listings. I like “teasers” that add to the discussion/speculation but wouldn’t want infomation that ruined the fun.

Cheers Janette

ScaryB @scaryb

Spoilers – If we could agree basic terms of reference eg that discussion stemming from info on BBC site, episode titles etc is OK, we could include those terms in the site info.  Do we need to email everyone to ask, so that there’s a positive opt-in?

Re 50th- was just thinking… y’know how they have reality shows to find eg Dorothy (was Katharine Jenkins not in one for opera singers?)…? They could set one up to find the next companion (open to all, non terrestrials welcome). Imagine if they auditioned for the Doctor this way. (Aaaagh! Don’t you hate it when a horrible idea comes into your head then won’t go away? 🙂  )

janetteB @janetteb

Yep. That one’s scarier than your avatar ScaryB.

Re spoilers it is always best to err on the side of caution. Sometimes though information is deliberately shared, ie if we hadn’t known that Clara was to be the next assistant AOTD would not have had the impact it did. It is often difficult to decide what is and isn’t a spoiler.

wolfweed @wolfweed

I was watching 30 years of CITV the other day & noticed that Hugo Myatt (who played Treguard in Knightmare) reminded me very much of Anthony Ainley’s Master. Perhaps he could portray a homage to that sort of version of the Master (rather than portray that actual regeneration)?

Also, what are people’s opinions of other people portraying deceased Drs? From the Serpent Crest finale, I can certainly see David Troughton playing his father (he looks like him too, more than his brother). Someone else mentioned Sean Pertwee playing his father – not sure about this but wouldn’t rule it out. I’d have liked Geoffrey Bayldon to have played the 1st Dr [an original candidate for the role] (perhaps he’s too old now?) but have heard mention of David Warner. On ‘More than 30 years in the TARDIS’, Hartnell’s grandaughter, Jessica Cairney is dressed as the 1st Dr. Should we keep it all in the family? Or is it all a step too far?

Perhaps if old Dr’s return some should wear wigs (apart from Paul McGann)! I always thought that about ‘Dimensions in Time’! I suppose now they’d also have to CGI some bellies away too! And as for (the lovely) Colin Baker…

wolfweed @wolfweed

The Grand Moff is writing the 50th special now! He is excited and daunted – he doesn’t want to let us down.

He does realise that it’s impossible to please everyone. 

I’m sure it’ll be good…

@wolfweed

I have always thought that the voices of the previous Doctors (perhaps with enhanced old footage) would work better than new actors or old, corpulent Doctors. It would be easier to match the voices than the physical appearance of the actors.

If they decide to reference previous Doctors, that is.

Agreed. Given that it’s now thirty years since Tom Baker played the role, it realistically isn’t possible to have him on screen without some extensive phlebotinum to explain why the Fourth Doctor suddenly looks like he’s in his late seventies. They just about got away with it for Peter Davison, but he’s twenty years younger than Tom Baker.

On the other hand, a lot of the surviving actors who played the Doctor have been very happily occupied (in-between other work) doing audio stories for Big Finish. Vocally, there’s no problem.

So if we are to have all the incarnations, I’ll go with you @blenkinsopthebrave – it’s either going to be still photos again (reprising Eleven’s entrance in The Eleventh Hour – possibly coming full circle as Eleven’s exit?) or they’ll have them as Out of Shot or Voice Over.

wolfweed @wolfweed

Watched the ‘Legacy’ boxset yesterday. Tom Baker features on a couple of documentaries. It’s uncanny how he hasn’t really aged in the last 30 years. Only the whiteness of his hair (it’s Who curly style again) & the rotundness of his belly have really changed. I’d say he’s aged the best of the old Dr’s. Next I’d say is McCoy who looks fit & well these days. Davison has changed so much because he was so young of course. Colin looks like a different person altogether (of course looks aren’t everything). Should have stuck to that carrot juice…

As long as there’s no (distasteful) floating disembodied heads whizzing about, I’m open to all (re)interpretations – if they work.

One potential get out clause is what we learn in Time Crash: If multiple Drs meet, it shorts out the Time Differential, causing the ‘older’ Drs to be ….. older.

ScaryB @scaryb

McCoy was brilliant in the Hobbit (Wizard Radagast)

ScaryB @scaryb

@janetteb re Spoilers

Sometimes though information is deliberately shared, ie if we hadn’t known that Clara was to be the next assistant AOTD would not have had the impact it did. It is often difficult to decide what is and isn’t a spoiler.

That’s a very good point. (The Who Team managed that brillantly)

ScaryB @scaryb

Re multiple Doctors – I’m for it so long as it isn’t gimmicky. ie if there’s a strong plot-driven reason for it. I think they should also be truthful/respectful re the real situation that some of them are no longer with us. ie I don’t think they should replace them with other actors, even sons (tho that’s not the worst idea). Better if they are recorded or transmitted or remembered voices.

Ten’s been quoted all over the place as saying he has no comment at all on the 50th show – so  in the best Yes Minister tradition I take that as meaning he’s definitely in it! 🙂 (I suspect Eccleston would need to be convinced by the script)

ScaryB @scaryb

@wolfweed

I’m sure it’ll be good…

What do you mean good? Nothing less than great, amazing, mind-blowingly perfect is going to be enough!! (No pressure then Moff!)

wolfweed @wolfweed

Sorry – I meant to say ‘I’m sure it will be ‘Totes-Amaze-Balls’ ‘.

Ten’s been quoted all over the place as saying he has no comment at all on the 50th show – so  in the best Yes Minister tradition I take that as meaning he’s definitely in it!

There’s certainly a current joke that if an actor says they’re working on a project they can’t talk about – they’re in Doctor Who.

ScaryB @scaryb

Think this is more speculation than spoilerish but just warning (they say “expected to” ) –

Herald Scotland have speculation about possible reappearances of a Scottish bent

Casting and location news from the Irvine Herald of all places!

(Am assuming people are OK with posting this in here rather than spoilers but let me know if not)

Re Tennant – summed up by this report of his interview with Jonathon Ross this week (with links to the interview) (and apparently he’s going to be a dad again 🙂 )

V short interview (last November) when he says “… anniversary celebrations? are there going to be any…?!”

I mean there’s denials and then there’s shouting from the rooftops that you don’t know anything, LOL

Juniperfish @juniperfish

If Tennant is in then Davidson will be in – that’s his Father in Law – mythological in itself.

ScaryB @scaryb

@juniperfish Tennant/Davidon relationship is the thing that stops me dismissing the idea of Troughton and Pertwee juniors. There are such unique actual family involvements with Who – if I was the showrunner <be still my pulsating heart – nae chance!> I’d find it so tempting to find a way to bring them all into it.

janetteB @janetteb

It would require a time machine to do a reunion of all regenerations of the Doctor. I don’t think either option, having the original actors or using substitute actors would work. Using only the more recent regenerations could easily be explained. (Well anything can be explained at a stretch in Dr Who) McCoy, (who was brilliant as Radagast) and McGann would work. I doubt many people would miss C.B. Peter Davison and Tom Baker have sadly aged too much now. Their voices could be used however. Perhaps the older the regeneration the harder it is for that regeneration to be pulled forward/back in time.

Cheers Janette

Having read about all the things currently in play for the 50th (audio celebrations, short stories, etc) I have been trying to think about what is, and is not, likely in a Moffat-penned special.

First off, Moffat is writing for a very broad audience–ageing enthusiasts like us (well, the ageing bit is me anyhow), Linda Lee, eight-year olds, an English audience, an American audience…you get the point.

Now, while a show that referenced and maybe somehow showed, previous Doctors, like the 1st and the 4th, would be brilliant for enthusiasts like us, it could, on the other hand, be meaningless for most eight-year olds, who might, quite reasonably, respond with: “who’s that person?”

So, how can he be true to the spirit and legacy of the 50 years of the show without falling into the trap of appealing only to the fans with an ecyclopaedic knowledge of the show? Knowing Moffat, he will keep the focus tight–probably on Matt Smith and not a whole range of other Doctors, while using a plot structure that references the history of the show (just like he did with “The Snowmen”, where the general audience could respond to Clara and the family and the enthusiasts could get excited about references to The Great Intelligence and the London Underground map from 1967).

So, I am not at all convinced that we will necessarily see the other Doctors. But I do think the history of the show will be central. One way of doing it is not to use old Doctors, but to use (rebuild) old Tardis interiors. I remain convinced that there was a narrative point to the current re-design of the Tardis, and it could be that we will see previous versions of the Tardis interior/console. Which would be really cool. Imagine a brand-new (as it were) Hartnell-era Tardis, with the white walls and the simple console. I don’t know about you, but that would bring tears to my eyes!

So what sort of story might it be? As I have said before, I think it will be about “family”. All of Moffat is. And (to go back to my point about the broad audience) it is the one theme that can communicate to everyone–from eight-year olds to fifty-eight year olds. And for that, you don’t really need the other Doctors.

Having said all that, I would love to hear Hartnell’s voice again.

janetteB @janetteb

I just had a cute idea, and I use the word “cute” very deliberately. It would be rather nice if they cast the Moffat/Tennant child as either the Dr in his youth/infancy or any infant relative of the Doctor’s. (Not sure what gender said child is or what age.)

I have been rattling on so much about Dr Who that my partner dreamt about helping the Doctor release the Time Lords from the Time Lock.

Cheers

Janette

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@blenkinsopthebrave

Imagine a brand-new (as it were) Hartnell-era Tardis, with the white walls and the simple console. I don’t know about you, but that would bring tears to my eyes!

The more I looked at this, the more I think it is likely. Remember that Gatiss drama-doc “An adventure in Time and Space”, well they are recreating the set for the original control room I understand. I honestly don’t know if Moff could resist the opportunity. Even if it was just in the upcoming TARDIS-centric episode it would be a great nod in the anniversary year.

Anonymous @

@phaseshift — I’d definitely love to see the original console room again. Although if the Gatiss drama-doc is going for absolutely authenticity then that means it’ll be painted lime-green rather than white. (Apparently this was necessary for it to appear brilliantly white under the lights and cameras.)

Personally, I’ll be happy if Professor Zaroff is one of the returning villains in the anniversary year….

Rob @rob

If the 50th is about family then…..

The Doctor’s family is like the Tardis …. bear with me… at first it seems very small, all consumed by The Time War. Then to my way of thinking the harder you look the bigger it gets, companions, those he has inspired to do great things, those whose life he has touched directly, then indirectly and then bursting through the fourth wall those in real life. Well it made sense to me when I started typing… not so sure now

ScaryB @scaryb

Would also love to see orig console room again. I’ve never heard of the lime green thing before. (But only for the drama doc; the real thing should still appear white). Who was Prof Zaroff..?.

🙁

<hangs head in shame and bows before the amazing encyclopedic trivia knowledge of @jimthefish >

Just been rewatching The Lodger. The big thing that stands out from the pov of the 50th Anniversary is “somebody’s trying to build a TARDIS”, which is causing disruptions in time. Later we find out that the spaceship may have been connected to the Silence – but we still haven’t gone into the time travel element that was hinted at.

The other thing is the subtle little references to previous regenerations. There’s the Doctor/Craig head-butt transfer, of course, but also ‘nine’ is bad (on the TARDIS screen) and ‘five’ is better. The Eleventh Doctor reprises the Third’s shower scene. And the teapot is a Charles and Di wedding teapot, date 1981, same year as the first (brief) appearance of Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor.

Previous Doctors. The further back you go in the regeneration number sequence, the better it is (Amy eventually ends up with ‘minus three’ when everything is resolved). And while the teapot isn’t anachronistic as such, it’s interesting to spot in light of the definitely anachronistic Japanese PM in The Snowmen.

Remember Rory’s ID badge? The one we were firmly informed was a production mistake when the entire web spotted it?  The props department seems to be making an awful lot of  these kind of mistakes. 

Juniperfish @juniperfish

@bluesqueakpip Interesting – there’s also that odd picture in the hallway in the Lodger which was much speculated about at the time, which looks like a scary alt version of Eleven.

Maybe the villain of the entire piece – of the whole Moff era – the one responsible for the hissing voice in the TARDIS and for the creation of Madame Kovarian and the Alliance IS the Doctor – perhaps the Valeyard is going to come into play for the 50th and only the combined force of all previous Doctors can stop him?

I have been thinking more about the historical discrepancies (Japanese PM, etc). Why are we assuming that the Doctor inhabits the world we inhabit?

In “The Snowmen” most people have glossed over the Doctor as Sherlock Holmes , but perhaps Simeon’s quip about knowing that Holmes is fictional is more important than we think. Holmes is the one fictional character that has been mistaken as real by lots of people over the years. Is Moffat preparing us for something that concerns the relationship between the Doctor’s Earth and our Earth?

Yes, it is me trying to think through the 4th wall theory again…

@juniperfish. The Valeyard. I was somewhat sceptical of the 50th featuring the Valeyard, but I really like your idea of the Valeyard being associated with a countdown of Doctors that allows for a completely new bunch of regenerations to lead the show on through the next 50 years.

Hold on…your idea was on “The Lodger” page, not this one. <Argghh, blenkinsop gamely copes with the fracture in the time and space of the site>

So, if we do get the Valeyard, who might it be? Benedict Cumberbatch is almost too easy an answer. But is will have to be someone with screen presence and star-text.

Who….?

janetteB @janetteb

I have not seen any of the stories featuring the Valeyard so just did some research. It would certainly be an interesting development however I still veer in favour of the Time Lords returning.

I think having Benedict Cumberbatch in the 50th would fit with your 4th wall theory as we all know that he inhabits another imaginative realm of Moffat’s.

Cheers

Janette

HaveYouFedTheFish @haveyoufedthefish

OK things have gone a bit quiet.

<squints suspiciously> …. too quiet ….

I was only ever in it for the mad speculation anyway; <pulls lever marked “insane theory machine – do not touch”>

1) moff said DW will be “all over the TV”. Best guess is there will be easter eggs all through other BBC TV programs, possibly especially anything historical or about history. They may be subtle, they may actually be appearances of the doctor (searching for Clara?) in the background. Possibly as a whole, they add up to a simple narrative of their own.

2) moff said it will be a love letter to the fans. I can’t help but think this must involve some kind of breaking of the 4th wall – possibly in a way that works both within the narrative, and also if he were addressing the audience. I can’t help also thinking love letter means a plot element that’s all about “keeping the flame alive over a very long period”

3) Rory’s misprinted badge, 30/11/1990 is, I can’t help noticing, the saturday after the anniversary date, which to me suggests it will be a 2 parter, resolving the following week (and that’s when Rory and Amy return). Not convinced, numerologists? 2013 – 1990 is 23. 23rd November. To me this says “I am an anniversary clue” not “I am a costume error”. I don’t believe the costume dept would even bother making a statement, unless it was *definitely* a clue. Reverse psychology, see?

4) Lodgers Tardis: Not “its a tardis” but “someones been trying to build a tardis”. ie. to the doctors expert eye it is patently unfinished. That is significant dialog. Also, apparently its a tardis without an outer shell, just a control room. Only one person (within the show) has ever a) built themselves a tardis and b) is foolhardy enough to build one without a shell. His name is … the Doctor. Also, the 2 episodes the tardis occurs in are (1969,2010) are between 1963 and 2013. Best guess – part of the story is the doctor being stranded for 50 years on earth building a “lifeboat” tardis. This might fit in with both (1)  and (2) above. And what better form form of a love letter to the fans than the doctor having lived through the same 50 years alongside us? Possibly continuously writing irritated letters to the BBC saying things like “ice warriors don’t look like that, they have horns” … “Pompeii didn’t fall like that; ask someone who was there for gods sake”

I’m stuck on a very late train and have drunk 6 espresso’s. Can you tell?

@haveyoufedthefish

Another 4th wall theory believer! Hurrah. I really like your caffeine-induced thoughts.

@haveyoufedthefish

Have been thinking more about your wonderfully crazed caffeine-induced thoughts above, and it has always struck me that there must have been a reason why we never get to see the face of the avatar/alien in the upstairs flat in “The Lodger”. Why do they refuse to let us see his face? The only reason I can think of is that we have already seen his face and it is important. But who he is and why it is important…well, you are at least 5 espressos in front of me on that one.

HaveYouFedTheFish @haveyoufedthefish

You might have to go fetch a broom to lever me off the ceiling …

<espresso me again, barista!>

Juniperfish @juniperfish

Hello @haveyoufedthefish you’ve made it over here! Extremely caffeinated or no 🙂 to join @blenkinsopthebrave‘s fourth wall crew.

This can also tie in with mine and @jimthefish ‘s “two Doctors” obsession, as perhaps the version of the Doctor who built the “Lodger TARDIS” is Ganger Doctor or Mr. Hyde to “our” Doctor’s Dr. Jekyll. I would love it if the villain of the piece (the “silence will fall” hissing voice) turned out to be the Doctor himself in “dark Doctor” form.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 220 total)

The topic ‘50th Anniversary Special’ is closed to new replies.