Companions past and present

Home Forums General Companions past and present

This topic contains 969 replies, has 142 voices, and was last updated by  nerys 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 970 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

@serahni  ha! I wondered why you’d be posting in what appeared to be 2am UK time. You’re Australian ( I didn’t like Tegan either; something about the A line skirts). Oh, hang on, you might be an ex-pat living in the UK. Just that you write so well…. We have to be able to do something better than the Brits. Sssh…..They have Dr Who after all. You are a very thoughtful, clever writer. I like it!  Keep posting-from whatever timeline. Kindest, puro

Serahni @serahni

@purofilion  *lol*  If it helps you out, I did live in London for two years, right in time to attend the 40th Anniversary Panopticon, in fact, but I am Australian born and bred.  And thank you for your kind words, I do enjoy writing.  I just wish I could hold Who facts in my head like some of you, I am constantly amazed at the level of recollection some fans have.

The-Names-Jack-Jack-Harkness @the-names-jack-jack-harkness

I’m somewhat new to the series and have only watched the first two seasons of the newer show. I don’t know about many companions but I was wondering if the Original series is any good, I’ve heard it’s kind of boring.

Monochrome Dimension @monochromedimension

@the-names-jack-jack-harkness – Oh its not boring, but it is differently paced depending on what decade you’re watching. The serials are vastly different from the 60s, to the 70s to the 80s. It really depends on what kind of television you prefer. Obviously the 60s episodes are slower paced, but have some brilliant and imaginative storyline and ideas… not to mention great atmosphere. The 70s was when it went to colour, at first its mostly earthbound but there’s still some pretty interesting stories; later on it picks up more. And everyone loves Tom Baker. lol! The 80s start off more serious in tone, but then you do get some rather amusing episodes later on… the late 80s again is very imaginative and quite surreal sometimes.

FaeGrl @faegrl

@the-names-jack-jack-harkness – Well…. it depends on personal taste, I think. The older episodes are a lot more slow paced and shorter (I think it’s 30 minutes per episode, unlike the hour long ones with the new Who series), so a lot of times the conclusion to any one story will span four or more episodes. This annoys some of the fans of the reboot series, however I don’t mind it personally. I love a good story in general, so I don’t mind that the older episodes are slow paced at all. I can see how it would feel “boring” to others, especially if one prefers the face-paced wibbly wobbly timey wimey plots of the newer series. You can always check out the older episodes on a site called “Dailymotion”, they have full seasons there for the time being, That way you can judge for yourself if you like the older episodes, before spending money for the DVD collections. 🙂

The-Names-Jack-Jack-Harkness @the-names-jack-jack-harkness

@faegrl @Monochrome Dimension

Thanks for clarifying.

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@the-names-jack-jack-harkness

We’ve done rewatches of Before Gap Who on this site – so if you want to check out other people’s opinions about particular stories, they are:

The Talons of Weng-Chiang (Tom Baker) (Mad as a forum full of bonkers theorists)

and Ghost Light (Sylvester McCoy) (Madder than a forum full of bonkers theorists – even the cast didn’t understand what was going on).
    🙂

Monochrome Dimension @monochromedimension

Ahaha… I should probably check out what everyone was chatting about with ‘Ghost Light’… it is very confusing. But I think I understand it somewhat nowadays. There’s still a few things in the serial that confuses me though.

PhantomTollbooth @thephantomtollbooth

My favorite companion is Rose. I don’t understand why so many people seem to dislike her.
    She did have her faults, but I feel that that is what made her so realisic and relatable. She responded to things in a very natural, human way, which of course sometimes included mistakes, but that just made her more convincing.
    If you think about it, that’s what made all of RTD’s characters so interesting; they acted like real human beings, not just made up fairytale characters that played to script. They made mistakes and did the unexpected.

Furthermore, although she has a few flawed moments, the majority of the time she is a nice, caring person that looks out for others. She is not at all selfish. Watch any episode and you’re likely to see her worrying about the wellfare of another being. Daleks, Oods, complete strangers.

She is also smart, brave, loyal, and incredibly perseverant.
    I could go on and on about why she is these things, but I think I’ll stop here unless someone asks for specific examples. Don’t hesitate to ask though, I have plenty:) I love a good ( and polite) debate.

Sorry about posting the same thing twice. How do I delete one of them?

Anonymous @

@thephantomtollbooth – I’ve removed your double-post. If you need a post deleting or have any other problems just ask for a friendly Moderator and one will appear 🙂

Thank you.

routy @routy

Hi everyone. I am doing a Year 12 assignment about Doctor Who for my subject Society and Culture. The assignment explores the representation of the Doctor’s companions and whether the companions have changed and evolved to reflect the changing role of women in society over the past 50 years. It would be great if you could help me out by giving answers to the following questions:

1) Which do you prefer-the new series (2005-now) or the old (1963-1989)? Why?

2) Do you think that the female companions between 1963 and 1989 were presented in a sexist way?

3) Do you think that the female companions in the modern (post 2005 series) have been presented as stronger and more independent than the earlier companions?

4) Who is your favourite companion? Why?

5) Do you think there should be a female Doctor in the future?

6) Would you still watch the show if the Doctor was female?

@routy

Have you been asked to do a survey or online interview-style questions for your homework/assignment?

If a survey, you need to rewrite some of the questions and add some others. For example, question 3 is a bit of a leading question – for more genuine answers, you could try asking ‘have they been presented differently’ and see what comes up. Question 2 also covers an awful lot of companions.

6, also, is meaningless unless you have some way of telling how often your respondent watches the show currently. If they watch it now, and won’t watch it with a female Doctor, that tells you one thing. But if they don’t watch it now and will watch it with a female Doctor, that tells you something else.

You also need a ‘how often did you watch Doctor Who episodes when Rose/Martha/Donna/Amy/Clara was the companion’ type question and some way of working out how much of the old series people have watched. Because, at the moment, you will have no idea whether any of your respondents have watched the old and the new series, the old series only, the new series only, started the new series when Amy was the companion and never saw Rose/Martha/Donna…

… again, this is because someone telling you that the female companions of 1963 were presented in a sexist way is meaningless – if all they’ve ever seen is one clip of Susan twisting her ankle.

If you are doing a survey, the site Survey Monkey is well worth a look.

VashtaNerada @vashtanerada

Well, I think I’ll just jump onto this topic and pour my heart out! 😛

Donna is probably my favourite Doctor. I dislike the romance companions such as Rose as it really puts a halt to friendly fights and I sometimes felt that Rose was too…. how do I put this… mushy? Not the word I’m looking for, but still. Donna was loud, fierce and capable, and she questioned and helped the Doctor in times of need. Martha is probably my second favourite; she also was very capable of looking after herself AND the Doctor, which she did several times when they were in hiding or stuck without the TARDIS. Amy Pond and Rory I also like a lot because instead of loving the Doctor (okay, she kind of did) she had a husband. And with the timey-wimey stuff with River Song….

I have to say, my least favourite has to be Rose. Nothing to do with her acting, she’s great, but I simply don’t like her as much as the other companions. Susan is also one of my least favourites, also for the same reason, as well as Peri.

Anonymous @

River Song – she might not be considered a real companion but she is in every one of my favorite episodes. So if she was a full time companion, I would have more favorite episodes.

Donna – I like when the Doctor and companion argue, she is the only companion who didn’t fall in love with the 10. She talks really fast. Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead

Amy/Rory – Amy edges out Rory, but the best episodes have both

Martha – I like how independent of the Doctor she was. She had skills of her own because of unit

Rose – She kind of dumped on Micky. Awesome as Bad Wolf though

Clara – She is not finished yet; I think she will be moving up soon after Deep Breath

Micky/Captain Jack – both cool, better than Rory actually but Rory has Amy so no contest

Sara Jane – I only saw her once so far, so not a fair assessment, The Tin Dog took out the baddies on his own while talking trash. So I’m pretty sure she would be higher on the list.

VinyleRose @vinylerose

Why Jenna Coleman leaves ?

Serahni @serahni

So I have a question: am I the only one sitting around waiting for Romana to put in an appearance?  I can’t remember if I have said it before but not only am I aware that she reappears in the books, there is also a time and place where she existed outside real space,  when she departed in Warrior’s Gate. For a storyline in which the Timelords are trapped elsewhere,  this seems…exploitable?  Plus I would love her back. Not bias at all!

The Krynoid Man @thekrynoidman

@serahni I think that a lot of fans would like to have her back. I certainly would.

Anonymous @

@serahni

Yes, I’d also like to see the return of Romana. I don’t know if you collect the Big Finish stories, but they recently did a story called ‘Luna Romana’ starring Lalla Ward and featuring Juliet Landau (Drusilla in Buffy) as Romana MkIII.

I haven’t heard it yet but a number of my followers on Twitter give it very high praise.

janetteB @janetteb

I think my avatar answers your question @serahni Yes I would love to have Romana return as she was one of my favourite BG companions and because she is one of those who is part of the ongoing “Who” universe if there is such a thing. Moffat has given indications that there is continuity in the series, something that really did not exist until AG Who. There is the distinct possibilty that we will meet up with Ian again and I keep hoping that one day we will meet up with Susan too. I don’t want the Doctor to reconnect with all his past companions and nor do I consider that possible. With the exception of Susan and Romana the companions have been human and so subect to the laws of time and nature, ie aging. Ian has been worked back into the story in TDofD. Tying Clara to Coal Hill takes us right back to the beginning so naturally there is a tendency to hope/expect that we are about to encounter Ian or meet up with Susan. I also wonder if the rebellion of humans against Daleks featured in ItD is set at the time of The Dalek Invasion of Earth in which Susan is written out. In the future I would love it if Romana returns that that has not yet been signposted but yes fingers and toes are crossed.

Cheers

Janette. (Apologies if this post was a little incoherent. It’s Friiiday Night, to quote Manny from Black Books.)

DrBen @drben

I don’t know if this is the right spot for this, but here goes:

ARGH! My hopes have been dashed!

I had been nursing a theory that River Song has to come back because we have not yet seen the Doctor give her his sonic screwdriver.  As she says in “Forest of the Dead” (I’m paraphrasing), “Last time I saw you, you turned up with a new haircut and a suit…”  And I figured that it wouldn’t make sense for her to have a “spotters guide” of the Doctor’s faces if she only ever sees 10 and 11.

So what I figured was that Moffat was holding that moment up his sleeve for a great episode with 12 — just imagine!  The dynamic between Kingston and Capaldi would be amazing.  She could say something like “I’ve just been hired to lead an expedition to The Library.”  He would look inexplicably sad, pull out his sonic, and say, “Here, take this.”  All the feels!

BUT ALAS.  Someone in the “Listen” thread mentioned the (otherwise excellent) Night and the Doctor shorts that aired between seasons 5 and 6, which I hadn’t previously scene.  Lo and behold, Moffat threw in a (pointless and unnecessary) reference to 11 going with her to Derillium, apparently for the last time.  Why, Moffat, why?!  Why would you take such a pivotal and important scene, and play it offscreen?!  *sob*

In short, River is my favorite.

WaterInTheForest @waterintheforest

This is strictly applies to the AG companions.

Everyone has their favorite and least favorite companions, and usually come down hard on Rose. I get it, one of our favorite things about the Doctor is that he is not only smart and inquisitive, but that he has the wisdom of an old man in the body of a young man with the heart of a child. I love when he acts like a kid and gets into trouble; I love how he interacts with the world and sees it through the lens of childlike trust and curiosity. And his personality comes out best when he’s interacting with the companions. With Rose, it felt like you didn’t get that, but I think my observation may have something to offer as far as reasoning behind companion likeability.

Martha: When the Doctor traveled with Martha, I felt like he could be his carefree self. He was energetic and excited and curious, but also oblivious to her feelings. The fact that he was being the version of himself that I love, but that I liked Martha and Martha was hurt by his naivety, made me uncomfortable. I want to completely immerse myself in episode and  go on that ride with the Doctor, not check my feelings because another character is spurned.

Donna: When the Doctor was with Donna, he was able to completely be himself. She didn’t care if he didn’t notice her or if he looked twice at River Song. She was a good friend and let him be who he was and who he needed to be so I was able to enjoy the Doctor without feeling like he was insensitive.

Amy: The Doctor with Amy, not with Rory, was awesome! He was able to be himself, his newly regenerated self. She was young and vibrant, like the new him. And I really  liked their chemistry and blossoming friendship. Where Donna let him be himself, Amy helped him be himself by taking care of him.

Amy/Rory: When Rory was in the picture it was a different story. Together, at first at least, it was a bit like with Martha. I wanted to enjoy Amy and the Doctor’s friendship, not worry about how it made Rory feel. I would get totally caught up in how Amy was coming along as a companion and then be like ‘oh, that must be uncomfortable for Rory.’ Luckily, they resolved that when Amy and Rory got married and started their own life separately. Together, they enhanced the Doctor’s childlike qualities by acting as the adults so he is free to do other things.

Clara : I have only seen up to season 7 but I think that Clara let the Doctor be himself too. She was obviously smitten with him, which she didn’t really try to hide, but she didn’t pressure him into romantic situations, which felt much less restrictive.

Now…. ROSE: We can’t look at Rose through the same lens because she didn’t have the same doctor! The ninth doctor was hurt, guilty, and wounded. He wasn’t as carefree, he was always a bit burdened. Of COURSE they developed a deep, intimate relationship; that’s what he needed at the time. Rose was shocked when he regenerated because he became a whole other person but she didn’t know a carefree man like the others, she feel in love with someone who was openly flawed and lonely.

janetteB @janetteb

@waterintheforest Some very good points about the companions especially I think, in regard to the problem with Martha. Also interesting comment about Any and Rory too. I think MOffat really went out of his way to kill the romantic interest only to revive it with Clara which I was disappointed about.

Cheers

Janette

Anonymous @

@waterintheforest  Hello! Is this your first post?  Wonderful!  I, too, really enjoyed your comments about the different companions and the influence they not only have on the Doctor but upon the tale that is spun.

Kindest,

purofilion

BasilFawlty @basilfawlty

Hello All

Not Sure if this has ever been talked about here but if Susan (The first Doctors companion) is said to be his Grandaughter then who is her mother (the Doctors daughter) ?

Basil

CourtK0027 @courtk0027

I must admit, I’ve seen much more new Who than classic, but… I loved Rose 🙂 I think she was a great choice for essentially a ‘new’ Doctor Who show. Yes, there was romance which is the easiest choice to make from a production point of view, but their story was sincere. And compared to other companions, I would argue that she got the best ending (for her, not from a story perspective). She saw the stars and still got the boy… Who she got to spend the rest of her life with, aging and all.

As if it wasn’t already obvious, YES, I’m jealous as hell lol

FlirtingDinosaur @flirtingdinosaur

@waterintheforest very nicely put. I loved the time with Donna for the same reasons and also because, since there was no love interest for her in the Doctor, she was brutally honest with him. which helped him find back onto his path.

But I’m not sure I would describe the Doctor at any point as ‘his carefree self’. It’s more of a show he puts on for the people around him and mostly (probably) for himself.

s

fonzysimon @fonzysimon

I was watching ROBOT last night and just realised how good Harry is in that episode when he tries to infiltrate think tank, just turns around and lifts his hat, one of the best!

Brightstarclara @brightstarclara

I love every single companion who has stepped into the TARDIS, but my favorite is definitely Clara Oswald. She is not only my favorite companion, she is also one of my favorite characters of all time. I know many people hate, but I don’t really see why. It wasn’t OK for her to be perfect in s7, it isn’t OK for her to not be perfect now. People of this fandom are really hard to please.

Anonymous @

Nyssa is probably my favorite, scientist and psychic, and aww orphaned when her planet Traken was destroyed by the Master.

Susan, Mel and Ace all tie-up second place lol!

Jon R @jonr
      <li style=”text-align: center;”>Lis Sladen, Mary Tamm and Doctor Who as a Christian Saint

The most popular version of Doctor Who, of all time, was undoubtedly the one played by Tom Baker.

Tom Baker became a more popular figure than his predecessor, Jon Pertwee, because he didn’t suffer from the haughtiness and arrogance of Pertwee’s Doctor. He was closer to the kids than Pertwee had been.

One of the themes that keeps coming up in Tom’s DVD commentaries, is that as a young man he was very religious, and very concerned about the struggle between good and evil.

When I was a teenager, in the 1970s, Doctor Who was my all-time favourite TV show. I came from a family that didn’t go to church, and looking back on that time now, I realise that I probably absorbed a lot of my basic moral attitude to life, by watching Doctor Who.

In effect, Tom (and, to a lesser extent, Jon Pertwee) played the role in my life that – in earlier times – a good parish priest might have done.

Back in his ‘glory days’ in the mid-1970s, Tom Baker was playing the closest thing to a modern-day, Christian saint, on television. And delivering the message that good must always prevail over evil, to a MASS audience!

As such, the message he was sending out, week after week, would not have been appreciated in certain quarters.

IF you accept that there is a power in this world, which would object to a popular children’s programme being used to propagate basic Christian morality – then it’s fairly obvious that this power would be eager to disrupt that message, and get it taken off the air waves, in ANY way that it could.

One of the big advantages that Tom had, when he first took over the role, was that he was backed up by the most popular Doctor Who companion of all time – warm, funny, playful Lis Sladen.

One way of disrupting the message, would be to undermine and pressurise Lis herself, to get her off the show, and have her replaced by a less popular figure.

So it’s probably not a ‘coincidence’ that Lis nearly died TWICE, early on in Tom Baker’s reign – once, when she was nearly stabbed with a pitchfork by Ian Marter, and again when she nearly drowned in Wookey Hole.

Whilst on location there, late in 1974, both Lis and Ian had seen a part of the script they were rehearsing, that didn’t make any sense to them. When they looked for it in the script again, to discuss it with the director, that scene just wasn’t THERE any more!

What I’m pretty sure was happening, was that something was pointing out just how weak and tenuous our hold on life is.

Now you’re in the script, now you’re not. In other words – now you’re in life, now you’re not!

A couple of days after this THREAT was made, Lis nearly died!

Although she clearly never understood what had happened while she was still ‘alive,’ it IS clear from her autobiography, and her DVD commentary on that story, that it really spooked her.

And I’m sure that her experiences with Ian Marter (Martyr !) and the pitchfork, and down in Wookey Hole, will have created a sense of unease in her mind, which ultimately helped to propel her off the show.

And Lis was not the ONLY one to be threatened like this – before she was cast as Romana, something very similar happened to Mary Tamm, on her first day’s shooting for the film, Tales That Witness Madness.

As Mary describes in her autobiography, First Generation, whilst being driven to the location, her car was overtaken by another car, which then veered off the road and burst into flames. Later on her caravan, inexplicably, caught fire.

So that’s two fires on the SAME day, and both on the FIRST day of shooting!

Having had a couple of similar experiences myself, I knew as soon as I read this, that this was something quite sinister.

The crucial factor here is the TIMING – Mary was working on Tales That Witness Madness at the SAME time (late 1972/early 1973) that Tom Baker was making Vault of Horror, and they were BOTH Amicus films!

Whilst sceptics will scoff, that that was years BEFORE she became Romana, I can assure you that there are lots of things, on the ‘other side,’ that know what the future holds in store for us, long before we do.

When she started filming on Tales That Witness Madness, Mary had just moved significantly CLOSER to Tom Baker, and her FUTURE role on Doctor Who – and I’m pretty sure that something was taking the opportunity to express its displeasure at this.

Mary hadn’t made this connection, when she wrote her autobiography, but – being slightly psychic – I’m pretty sure that she has NOW.

Jon R

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@jonr

I’ll be the first to give a little gentle applause here for your contribution. Can I just say though that when we use, as our tagline:

Theories even more inane than what’s actually happening

That we generally confine ourselves to the plots of Doctor Who, rather than warped “troofer” style conspiracy theories fed, in your case it seems, by an unhealthy religiosity and a smattering of Derek Acorah.

I think I’d recommend putting down the DVD commentaries and biographies for a while and getting out in the fresh air. Perhaps you can work out some issues by doing something to raise money for Lis Sladens favoured charity? The Lymphoedema Support Network

Anonymous @

@jonr

Oh dear. Next you’ll be telling us that Shirley Phelps of Westboro Baptist Church was right and that God had Heath Ledger killed for portraying a gay man in Brokeback Mountain (whilst gleefully ignoring all the other straight actors who’ve played gay characters and, indeed, all the openly gay actors).

If you’re into all that conspiracy/curse nonsense, can I suggest you join an X-Files forum instead. Alternatively, you could try posting on True Stories Behind Cursed Movies

@jonr

If you are starting to see demonic conspiracies in your life, and in the lives of other people, then you need to talk to a priest or minister about it. Okay? Not a bunch of random people on the internet.

Anonymous @

@phaseshift @bluesqueakpip @fatmaninabox I’m pretty sure this @jonr is having us on?

I suspect he wanted some ‘hot’ replies. I have to add, though, there was punctuation and paragraphs but too much capitalisation. So:  C+, as structure and knowledge is evident. The overall mark’s lowered due to the twisting of facts to suit a theory rather than creating a working hypothesis.

The Doctor would be displeased: I recall Doctor 10 implying, during a Special , that Easter didn’t ‘happen’ the way some people think….The Doctor himself has never been prone towards Christianity? He’s very tolerant however. As are we.

@jonr

C- for the technical merit, E+ for artistic impression (severe penalty for redundant capitalisation)

Somebody really needs to introduce you to the Christian interpretation of Led Zep’s Stairway to Heaven. It’s a hoot.

@Purofilion – I suspect the ‘Easter’ line was RTD pulling David Tennant’s leg. RTD is an atheist; David Tennant is not. In fact, he’s the son of a former Moderator of the Church of Scotland. 😉

The Doctor himself is definitely not religious – but since meeting Father Octavian, he seems to have become more accepting of people who are deeply religious.

As to our friend – he could be having us on, but if not, I’d repeat that he needs to see a priest or a minister. Spotting the difference between ‘you need to see a doctor’ and ‘we need to call in an expert’ is, after all, part of their job. 🙂

Marinus lost his keys again @marinus-lost-his-keys-again

Getting through the Modern series now. Finished Season (calling it “Series” sounds so weird) 2 and also saw the Runaway Bride.

Honestly I am glad to see Rose go. She felt too obsessed with the Doctor and Tardis and her yammering

Getting through the Modern series now. Finished Season (calling it “Series” sounds so weird) 2 and also saw the Runaway Bride.

Honestly I am glad to see Rose go. She felt too obsessed with the Doctor and Tardis and her yammering about not wanting to leave got really annyoing.

Anonymous @

@Marinuslosthiskeysagain  -you shouldn’t have finished your ‘take’.

Pardon ?

Anonymous @

sorry man, I was saying maybe you should have stopped at the word “yammering”! 🙂

But I was just being a bit disagreeable. Everyone has a right to their opinion about young Rose. I found that, in the end, she pushed the envelope a bit – her acting was terrific. Had she been less sincere and less ‘Rose’ would we not have minded her loss to a parallel universe? Perhaps, her lack of disingenuousness (or I should say her ingénue quality) created a worthy -or at least a memorable companion -particularly with the obvious absence of Eccleston. I think the love stuff was a bit predictable but it certainly tracked with the character of Doctor Numero 10 – a rogue, a charmer, dashing. He needed an ‘in-love’ sidekick near the end…and I think it worked as a finale. R.T. Davies tends to give you ‘peace’ and then shoots it down a few minutes later!

Great telly nonetheless –

regards, puro.

nick1235 @nick1235

Calling out on all fellow forum dweller, I’ve been reading on to this post and actually have been quite confused with what’s going on.

There’s this new post on Reddit subforum DoctorWho judging how Amy and Rory relationship is abusive. If the gender were to swapped for, the relationship will be the abusive one, and everyone has jumped on the train of “Amy is the bi*ch” train and have been eager judging her character time by time.

FAO : @pedant @purofilion and You have taken your time to read this post, anything will be much appreciated.

My question to you is what is your take on this?

Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/2xe9fh/if_amy_and_rory_were_gender_swappedtheir/

@nick1235

In the words of Cordelia Chase, do you want polite or do you want sincere?

The polite version is that it is a selective (wilfully so) reading of the text to support a misogynistic word view that air-brushes out of nature the simple observation that the average male can easily (very easily) overpower the average female, so the “reverse polarity”  example is a straw man set up specifically to attack the idea of a strong woman. Over the full run Amy and Rory’s relationship is quite clearly a relationship of equals rooted in love.

The sincere version is that this  is the sort of arse-brained fuckwittery that drives things like #gamergate and the huge level of low-grade contempt for women evident all over social media that shamelessly uses false dialectic to promote an anti-women agenda. The world would be a better place if these pigs were permanently deprived of internet access.

Hope that helps 😉

ichabod @ichabod

@IAmNotAFishIAmAFreeMan  Thanks for your response — both versions.

Anonymous @

@nick1235

always stick with pedant’s view of things. He be right. It’s troll nonsense -the argument in that article. I’ve always maintained there are cosmetic issues and I don’t have time for them -best fix the things that are truly wrong otherwise the cosmetic Fuckwittery takes over whilst millions of women, underpaid, smashed and bashed, used and abused in a variety of ways is simply ignored because it’s too damn hard.

It’s part of my job to recognise above fuckwittery. So anyway, what do you think? Now?

Sorry, I try to read my tagged and flagged posts and sometimes don’t get there -at the mo, on account of Buffy.

nick1235 @nick1235

@pedant @purofilion @ichabod

Thank you for all those noticing and took time reading those silly article. What i’ve always have on my mind is these trolls spreads nothing but hate, and to be frank they’re missing out on the real message from the Amy/Rory story arc. It seems that subreddit is beyond save. To tell you the truth, over 1000 account has jump in to the “I hate Amelia Williams” trains. Both respond was beautifully craft – no joke. I was only looking for some more insight of how many more point of view we can see these judgement. Turn out there’s more than one. My reflect opinion on that matter was :

“Because women are weak, weak enough for the men to not care how much they abuse him they will always still love her back. That’s one point of view. Another point of view is, because men are always lovable and loyal, no matter how shit the women is ( I.e : You may definitely kiss the bride, snogging after The Beast Below ) we’re always still love the women again. Ofcourse Rory doesnt really mind the kissing since Amy is a Kissogram.
    e: but ofcourse, downvoted for actually changing the word Amy with women and Rory with men, such simple minded. if only i wrote the post as Amy-Rory the upvote will be well… idk, upward and onward? hmph.”

which was get downvoted 15 times, for actually just changing the word Amy – Rory with Women and Men. It might sound awfully sexist but isn’t that what all the upvoters that agree with the abusive part all about? So by that downvote they actually contradict their own argument. Either that or these people is actually offended women and/or whiteknight trying to judge people. But then again, thank you for the insights you gave to me.</p>

Cheers,

Nick

Anonymous @

@nick1235 @pedant

“Tact is just not telling the truth” Cordelia Chase

I’m pretty sure both the current Doctor and his companion have some opinions about tact -also Danny Pink.

Whisht @whisht

yeah @nick1235 = trolls.

Don’t you just hate them?

I know I do.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 970 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.