Spoilers (3)

Home Forums General Spoilers (3)

This topic contains 1,031 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 1,032 total)
  • Author
    lisa @lisa

WARNING –  dangerous spoilage  – only for the hardest core spoiler lovers like moi

its in the beginning – the rest we already know

wolfweed @wolfweed

From Dr Who Mag:

Chris Chibnall was present for the 2017 Christmas special readthrough on June 8.

Steven Moffat jokingly titled the 2017 Christmas special: ‘Kill a Children’s Hero on Christmas Day’

wolfweed @wolfweed

What exactly made the 1st Doctor ‘wear a bit thin’?

We used to presume it was the events of ‘The Savages’…

But what if…….

RorySmith @rorysmith

@lisa Read the comments. I’m Curt Smith.

He gets sidetracked sometimes but he digs pretty deep.

wolfweed @wolfweed

MissRori @missrori

Steven Moffat’s given some more hints to the Christmas show: It’s going to be funny and lively rather than a deliberate tearjerker, all the better to tug at the audience’s heartstrings.  O-kay…  😉  But seriously the mixed signals from what we spoiler-hounds know and what the Moff’s promising are actually pretty intriguing, and there are still so many unknowns at play (is there even going to be an antagonist character, for instance — and what kind?).  To have the final story be about light emerging from the darkness would be something we could all use right now, as our pop culture gets increasingly grim in the face of tough times.  If they can pull this off, it could be the greatest regeneration story ever.

Digital Spy article

wolfweed @wolfweed

13th Doctor announcement is imminent – perhaps even this weekend…

q m

After the show???! (Or perhaps during, in a cameo?)

Nick @nick

@wolfweed

On one hand that doesn’t surprise me, but it would certainly be a shock. Any source/attribution for the rumour ?

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@wolfweed
    Is the source reliable?

wolfweed @wolfweed

@nick
    @blenkinsopthebrave

Doctor Who Magazine hints it will be announced sometime after the show…

dwm

(They also suggest it might have leaked by now – they go to print a while in advance)

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed, @nick and @blenkinsopthebrave–

that seems credible if there is a regeneration reveal of some kind in Saturday’s episode. I do think it would be a bit much to tease a regeneration last week and not resolve it until Christmas, so I’d put money on us at least seeing the new Doctor’s face this week. Maybe that’ll be the cliffhanger with an announcement straight after or something.

I’m thinking Christmas will be very much something of a multi-Doctor affair…

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish – Perhaps we’ll just get a glimpse in the episode. Maybe an eyebrow or some other prominent piece of anatomy…?

brow

Nick @nick

@wolfweed @jimthefish @blenkinsopthebrave

The first Doctor/Christmas special rumour seems to be true, based on the latest pictures. However, I think you’d need the next Doctor to appear as well if you gave the regen element of the Christmas story away before hand. That’s perfectly possible, but would seem to go against Chibnall writing the new Doctors first scene. Could they be co-writing the Christmas story ?

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@nick — I think Moffat’s already gone on record as saying that he’s been writing the Xmas spesh in collaboration with Chibnall….

wolfweed @wolfweed

It won’t be announced on the red button. It won’t be on Pitch Battle. The news on BBC 1 isn’t on until 9.50pm.

Doesn’t appear there’ll be a special show with Zoe Ball to make the announcement (Stop thawing out Zoe!)*

Perhaps it will be announced once everybody’s turned over to The Voice Kids on ITV…

I don’t know what will happen abroad, they usually don’t even get the next time trailer…

ball

*Perhaps Zoe Ball is 13?(!)

@nick
    If the regeneration starts…and stops (that is, postponed) in The Doctor Falls, it might allow a Christmas special where the actual full regeneration is in the closing moments when we see the face of the new Doctor. That way, it does not need any Chibnall input into the script.

@jimthefish
    Ah, well, in that case anything is possible.

Nick @nick

@wolfweed

The next time trailer for Christmas special then ?

Nick @nick

@blenkinsopthebrave

That was sort of what I was expecting to see, with D12 and D1 (plus teams ?) working together to achieve some goal. Until proved otherwise (which might be soon) I still believe the regen started when Bill shot D12.

wolfweed @wolfweed

It’s all going on. Stuff the production team really doesn’t want you to see. No spoiler warnings today either. They’ve gone out of the window…

Why am I always the first to find/link this stuff?

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED…

MORE COMPLETE & UTTER XMAS RUINERS

I’ve seen other stuff today but this shows how many REDACTED are on set which explains REDACTED…

wolfweed @wolfweed

Mini Matt Smith claims to know who the new Dr is. If true then it’s between:

Maxine Peake

Olivia Coleman

Tom Rosenthal

Ben Wishaw

Andrew Buchan

Tom Ellis

Reece Shearsmith

Helena Bonham Carter

Richard Ayoade

Rory Kinnear

Nick @nick

@wolfweed

Well no more doubt then. I hadnt realised the Tardis had grown in size.

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

@wolfweed oh my that gives the fans a sqeee factor of 25 on the 0-10 scale and confirms some long standing  rumours

wolfweed @wolfweed

Ironically I now know more about the Xmas ep than about the next episode.

And I intend to keep it that way. I’ve not read any ‘Spoiler Free Reviews’ or previews for TDF and don’t wish to until after broadcast…

free

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed — that doesn’t look much like a Hartnell TARDIS to me….

Just sayin’….

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish  In The War Machines the windows frames are white but grubby. When they land in The Smugglers the windows are the same colour as the rest of the TARDIS and stay so through The Tenth Planet & on to Troughton…

smugglers

@jimthefish
    After scouring the web, I actually think it does

http://www.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/tardis/exterior/1963-tardis/

Albeit from what you can make out from a grainy photo of two models…

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed and @blenkinsopthebrave–

You’re both absolutely right. I always assume that Hartnell’s TARDIS was a lot chunkier than later versions but that’s clearly not the case. Must be getting mixed up with the Cushing version (which the Smith/Capaldi version seems to bear more than a passing to).

wolfweed @wolfweed

Having hinted before that I don’t particularly want the cliché of loads of returning faces, I’m now hoping Xmas is like the bit in this where they all walk through the doors (In almost a conga)…….

winston @winston

@wolfweed   Thanks for the link it was very cute. So many Doctors and companions in the Tardis its a good thing it is bigger on the inside.

wolfweed @wolfweed

I wonder if Jason Flemyng has ever been considered for Doctor Who?

jas

@wolfweed

You’re not dropping a hint, are you…?

wolfweed @wolfweed

@blenkinsopthebrave

No, sorry. Not dropping a hint. I’ve thought this about Jason F for ages but kept forgetting to remember. He has the connection of his dad directing the Dalek films, so he loves Dr Who!

If it’s not one of those on Mini Matt’s Smith’s list, he’ll be in for a very hard time…

Why would he lie & put his credibility on the line?

I’m trying to figure out who’s the least disappointing on the list…….

wolfweed @wolfweed

For those who don’t know who Tom Rosenthal is, it’s this one (Not the musician one)

What do people think? Doctor material?

(No, it’s not a hint)

Nick @nick

@wolfweed

Does Mini MS have a reputation ?

I dont really pay any attention to twitter so I count me as highly ignorant !

wolfweed @wolfweed

@nick

He has a reputation as a human being who has been bragging about knowing the casting for days.

He’s one of the ones who was bullied on the leaky web thread, which made Capaldi talk about bullying as a bad ting.

I think he’s ‘pally’ with P Cap, so there’s a good chance he’s being truthful.

Otherwise he might have to regenerate…….

Nick @nick

@wolfweed

http://www.hypable.com/pearl-mackie-next-doctor/

it seems someone else likes one of “our” theories

RorySmith @rorysmith

I’d go for that.

Nick @nick

@blenkinsopthebrave @wolfweed

This guy is suggesting the “rumour’ that we get to see the next Doctor’s face on saturday, before D12 gets back things under control (following on from the pre-title sequence last week). That would work as a way to break the news, but keep things untol Christmas as well. I notice the Sun (crap newspaper but generally has good source access) is saying something similar.

He names Kris Marshall. However, it strikes me that Moff might well have used a false face picture into the FX effect to avoid spoilers if the rumour is right.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/26/doctor-who-spoilers-multiple-regeneration-episode-reveal-pause-rumours-next-weeks-doctor-falls/

@nick
    Hmmm…

Anonymous @

@wolfweed

After about two days of thinking and watching ‘Tom’ I realise that WAS the musician one -so it could be the other one -the comedic, somewhat funny one shown above.

But really?

He’s not well known which is terrific! He seems quirky which is good -but it’s reminiscent of Smith’s quirkiness which could be too close? As for Marshall, I don’t mind him at all. Do I ‘love’ the guy? No, not really but we’ll see….

Puro.

janetteB @janetteb

Just checked Tom Rosenthal’s IMDB page and he is channeling Tom Baker there, with the wide eyes and a scarf also I see that he was on Broadchurch  so is familiar to Chibbers which appears to be important so the odds are high there.

As I said in the World Enough and Time thread that I think that we will see the regeneration next episode. That is the best way to introduce the regeneration. Maybe, maybe, just this once, just for the novelty of it, I might be right.

cheers

Janette

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

@wolfweed well the Doctor Who Page Facebook page has another xmas runner pic which absolutely leaves no uncertainty as to a characters identity it’s the clearest picture of said character (sorry can’t figure out how to post the page from my iPad)

Anonymous @

@nerys unfortunately that link didn’t work -but I’ll keep looking elsewhere so thank you.

@countscarlioni thank you for going to all that trouble. I understand it considerably more than I did 24 hours ago. 🙂

this means I’ve gone from mewling “yawp” to using words in a row (that make some sense).

Also, I suppose if there’s no bells and whistles “announcement” then this could be down to: the idea being a bit ‘twee’ and passé or nobody having any idea who the new Doctor actually is! Particularly if, they’ve hidden in plain sight for a few months and, related to the former point, they’re a complete unknown ‘subject’ to, say, Aussies, Canadians and Americans?

Puro

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

It’s interesting that so close to a regeneration (apparently) that the book is still wide open on who it will be. SM might actually be pulling what was generally thought to be impossible in the internet age and give us a surprise Doctor.

As to the rumours, first of all I don’t think seeing a Doctor and then pulling it back is a good idea at all. Going by my ‘imprinting’ theories on the Capaldi blog that just screams out ‘this guy is not particularly welcome’. Every Doctor deserves his big entrance and this would essentially knacker that for whoever it is.

If it’d been me and we’re having a multi-Doctor story at Christmas, as it now seems we are, then it would maybe have been better if  the future Doc had also made an appearance, fully formed, as it were. I do like the idea that Capaldi has been holding back his regeneration for some time but the question that presents itself is ‘why’?

And I really hope it’s not Kris Marshall. Nothing against the guy and I’m sure he’s more than capable. It’s just such a vanilla, decided-by-committee choice — at a point where the show really has to be a bit daring.

wolfweed @wolfweed

matt lucas spaceship ep 12

From the official website…

(Nardole giving off Jenny Who vibes)

MissRori @missrori

@jimthefish  I think part of what’s going on — with the possibility of no bells and whistles for the Thirteenth Doctor announcement — has to do with the fact that Doctor Who just isn’t as popular right now as it was back in 2013.  Matt Smith’s Doctor was very popular with the mainstream, the franchise was gearing up for the 50th anniversary, etc.  Flash-forward to now, and the revival’s posting its lowest ratings ever in the U.K.

Peter Capaldi simply wasn’t what “the people” wanted, sad to say.  The less-whimsical approach, the often tragic turns of his story arcs, the deeper, richer, slower character development…perhaps the people who loved previous hit-the-ground-running Doctors couldn’t care less about all that, lost patience, and left.  I think ageism and lookism also had a lot to do with it.

And I think the BBC wants something safe and chosen-by-committee for Thirteen.  The Beeb’s had a hard time of late.  Their biggest show in-country (The Great British Bake-Off) has jumped to Channel 4.  As far as their export-ready shows go, Sherlock is gone for at least a while if not for good, and Top Gear hasn’t recovered from losing its long-standing host team — whereas the show they went on to, The Grand Tour, has been a big online hit.

Doctor Who is one of their remaining international-market friendly shows, but it does need to be “restored” to the mainstream glory it had in the Tennant and especially Smith years.  Unfortunately, that’s pretty much a huge strike against doing anything bold or daring with it now.  They tried that with Capaldi, and it just didn’t pan out.

Oh, it panned out in terms of quality, but quality doesn’t pay the bills these days….

wolfweed @wolfweed

DWM  states that the BBC deal with Shanghai Media Group means that they have bought series 11, and have first refusal on series 12-15 should they go ahead. So no guarantees beyond 2018 after all…

smeg

Smeg!

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@wolfweed — Yes, I thought the five years, no questions asked, was bit too good to be true. And I wouldn’t be surprised if CC had been given a series of targets and conditions he has to meet. And one of those might have been a vanilla Doc, so, yeah, @missrori could end up being quite correct. She’s definitely correct that the Beeb is particularly jittery at the moment.

The only trouble with that is an attempt to wind back to an RTD-lite iteration of the show won’t work. No more than if the BG beeb had said ‘make it just like the Hinchcliffe/Holmes era’. If the show had just gone for a Hartnell MkII in 1966 then it wouldn’t be here now. Troughton was an inspired risk. So was Pertwee. So was Baker. The first big casting disaster was Colin Baker and I don’t think anyone at the time expected him to be. They thought ‘Tom Baker was big and this guy’s just like Tom Baker. Stick a whacky costume on him and off we go.’ They forgot the show had thrived by doing the unexpected, by moving in an unexpected direction but one which was still plugged in to the spirit of the times.

I’m probably being a doom-meister here but sticking a floppy-fringed white dude in the TARDIS and getting Chibbers to produce something that resembles Who By Committee is the quickest way to ensure that it doesn’t make it through the next five years.

Nick @nick

@missrori @jimthefish

I buy into what both of you write. However, I dont see need for doom and gloom yet. Chibnall must have chosen the new Doctor with an eye to fitting into his conception for D13 over the next 3 three years or so. Whilst there’s a risk that Chibnall’s idea wont fly with the audience, I’m sure Chibnall has enough of an ego to do what he wants to do and not retread RTD’s approach. For the same reason I dont buy any by committee approach. After Broadchurch, Chibnall has enough clout to do what he wants. From the leaks, it seems his approach will be more general audience friendly, which might suggest a more “fun” Doctor with less references to the recent past. I suggest that might also mean the stories will become more adventure/mystery based and less character driven.

If the BBC is really insisting on a safety first approach (and I’m not convinced that is their style with drama) then, regardless whether the regen is seen or not tomorrow, you’d have to bank on Bill surviving and being de-cyber-converted, even if that wasnt Moff’s original idea. Loosing her for a new companion and new Doctor might have been Chibnall’s original idea as well. Hpwever, Pearl has been a hit this season. If she’s not the new Doctor, then safety first demands a reprieval surely.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 1,032 total)

The topic ‘Spoilers (3)’ is closed to new replies.