Spoilers

Home Forums General Spoilers

This topic contains 932 replies, has 79 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 933 total)
  • Author
    wolfweed @wolfweed

The Last Day:

I’ve already posted the link to this in the Night of the Doctor blog replies, but here it is again…

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    StingRayBoy @stingrayboy
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    Tennantmarsters2013 @tennantmarsters2013

Far too excited!! I haven’t watched any hartnell episodes before so I am looking forward to this 🙂

wolfweed @wolfweed

wolfweed @wolfweed

Only a spoiler if you’ve not seen The Night of the Doctor…

Anonymous @

OK, if this is to be believed (and let’s face it this is Steven Moffatt we’re talking about) then this is quite a massive deal too. (Did wonder briefly if it constitutes spoiler but then decided not but will move if others think it is….)

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-11-25/steven-moffat-is-rewriting-doctor-who-folklore-to-produce-a-christmas-cracker

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

I’ve been sitting on this one for a week. I’ve only seen it in one place.

Do we think it’s genuine? Or Photoshop wizardry?

z

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Timeloop @timeloop

@wolfweed Your spoilers are so accurate I’m afraid to look!

wolfweed @wolfweed

@timeloop – I kept quiet about Matt Smith’s surprise cameo and Tom Baker’s one in TDOTD. Not so much spoilers as Ruiners in my opinion…

I had to drink a whole barrel of Retcon…

z

DenValdron @denvaldron

I have two problems with the ‘regeneration limit’ crisis.

First, at the end of the Day of the Doctor, the Capaldi Doctor showed up, announcing himself as the Thirteenth.   So….  the Smith Doctor should know that someone comes after him.   It’s not like he could have missed it.

Second, at the epilogue of the Day of the Doctor, the Smith Doctor meets the Baker Xteenth Doctor, who seems to represent a further regeneration beyond the Capaldi Doctor, so anywhere from 14th to 49th, who knows.

So…  that’s sort of a problem if you’re going all  ‘woe is me, I really am done for this time.’

Mind you, the Matt Smith Doctor has always been focused on his mortality, that’s the whole point of  ‘Name of the Doctor’, as well as the ‘Impossible Astronaut’ and ‘Exploding Tardis’ storylines.   So it’s a fitting Coda, even if it’s sort of undone by the events of the Day of the Doctor.

There’s any number of possible McGuffins to get him out of the regeneration limit, ranging from  ‘Oh, that doesn’t apply any more, that was just a time lord rule’  to  ‘Got River Songs unused regenerations, thank’s sweety’   etc.   It’s notable that the Master kept on going and going and going.  It’s also notable that the Time Lords in various episodes played with regenerations like they were poker chips.  The Time Lords promised the Master a new set of regenerations, then at other times the Valeyard was going to get all the Doctor’s regenerations, then the Master was going to steal them.

I’m sure it will be milked for all its dramatic worth though.

DenValdron @denvaldron

And it might be interesting for the Doctor to go into the future, uncertain of how many regenerations he has left, or whether he’s at the end.

I’m not sure.   For Dramatic Story Possibilities, the Doctor has faced genuine death many times, and quite often, it’s the prospect of a true death, with no regenerating past this.  But it adds a bit more uncertainty.  The Doctor can no longer count on regenerating in the right circumstances.

@wolfweed it looks like photoshop/cgi but could easily be finishing his regen… Interesting either way

the whole regeneration limit being quashed doesn’t come as a surprise to me if I’m honest however… I don’t class meta crisis doctor as a seperate regen just an

extenaion of him so I don’t know how Matt is 13….

any thoughts?

Actually Capaldi!Doctor didn’t say anything about being the 13th.

“All twelve of them”

“No, all thirteen”

“th” was not used anywhere.

Similarly, Clara has always referred to “all 11” a number we now know to be false, even without Capaldi!Doctor.

@IAMNOTAFISHBUTAFREEMAN

o yeah it was the timelord guy on galifrey (can’t remember his name) four weeks to go though

wolfweed @wolfweed

‘TWould seem that the Dalek in The Stolen Earth did exterminate Tennant 1.1, making him ‘forfeit’ a regeneration, whilst it seems that River’s regenerations were gifted to the Doctor (but not numerically) to save him from death…

z

Anonymous @

@denvaldron — I don’t have a problem with a Tennant mk2 being counted as a ‘proper’ regeneration. It was a regeneration, after all, just that the energy released was chanelled into something else other than where it would normally go.

And I’ve already voiced my doubts about The Curator elsewhere and don’t really like him being a future Doctor for the reasons you outline above. (Although, let’s face it, we know that the Doctor is somehow going to have several more regenerations somehow.) I’m still sticking to my The Curator might be some other entity, perhaps The Moment, rather than a future Doc, theory…

@jimthefish

i didn’t think of tom baker being the moment…however I feel that obviously the moment cant take corporeal form (sounds familiar) so that the curator is definitely a real solid person coz he touched the doctor…

ive be already said my theory of the under gallery being a tardis but you could be right about him

mot being the doctor. What if he is the valeyard??

wolfweed @wolfweed

@tennantmarsters2013

John Hurt Dr touched the Moment (Billie Piper) like she was solid.

I quite like the idea of the Curator being the Valeyard. Not very heartwarming though, is it?

If this new regen’ no.s news is true, then the Valeyard was ‘born’ between the Tennant-Smith regeneration if ‘Trial of a Time Lord’ still stands…

Perhaps that IS why the TARDIS exploded then?

@wolfweed

i keep missing these little things I guess I’m going to have to watch it again… XD

it isn’t is it? He could be anyone really and if he is a future doc it’s way into his future

@wolfweed

i think it exploded because of the paradoxes that were caused with three doctors and three tardis’s in one place ( 4 if you go with my theory)

DenValdron @denvaldron

@jimthefish   Remind me to tell you my theory sometime that the Great Intelligence is actually a disembodied schism of the Doctor, or perhaps of the Valeyard.

wolfweed @wolfweed

I’m talking about when the TARDIS blew up @ the end of ‘The End of Time’z

Are you talking about the same, or when it blew up in ‘The Pandorica Opens’?
    z

The same @wolfweed.

coz looks like the same for when hurt regens as he is in the tardis also. exploding seems to happen when he regens except pandorica opens

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    geoffers @geoffers

i’m gonna have to avoid this topic for the next few weeks, lol! i certainly don’t want to read any synopsis…

but, an idea i had a while back… what if the tardis can give the doctor more regenerations? yes, they might have matt die for good, being at the end of his current allotment that stretches back to his leaving gallifrey. but, the tardis surely won’t let her thief go for good, will she? she could “override” whatever time lord constraints are there, i bet (assuming the limit is imposed, rather than part of a natural thing).

well, i hope, at least. if rory can be brought back from the dead (multiple times!), then there will certainly be a way to revive the doctor, too. or should i say, again, since he was “permanently” dead in ‘the night of the doctor’ for a few minutes, as well, wasn’t he?

🙂

Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

Right I’m going to add my two pence worth (for all that it is worth) with regards to the regeneration limit. First off I am a long term whovian and have watched since I was a small boy, so have been following dr who since early pertwee era, though I have to say tom was “my” doctor growing up and although the deadly assassin originally established the 12 regelation rule it also broke that rule as well when the Master was “given” extra regenerations. So with the reintroduction of the timelords back into the DW universe so to speak is it not possible that the High Council could allocate the Doctor extra regenerations. after all with Rassilon in the picture again ( and please feel free to correct me) who is supposed to be an ancient timelord and is supposed to be truly immortal, does this not mean other timelords may also have more than the posited 13 lives.oh well that my ramble over posted it here as was not sure weather it belonged in spoilers or not but as the regeneration debate seemed to be here this is where it landed.

BBC America

geoffers @geoffers

@devilishrobby – it’s worth exactly two pence, right?
    😉

but, i don’t think rassilon and the other time lords are out of the bubble universe, yet? they’re still a painting, waiting for their moment to re-enter moving time, like the zygons in the under gallery…

or, now that i think about it… you’re probably exactly right!! once capaldi (or whomever) finds the hidden gallifrey, in the future, the grateful time lords will grant smith’s doctor extra regenerations… in the past!! they will ensure they’ll be rescued by ensuring that the doctor lives on… to find them!

that totally works for me. it’s so simple, as most of moffat’s twisty stories seem to be, once viewed with hindsight…

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

(kicks in @ 0:43)

Anonymous @

What was 11’s room in the God Complex all about?

Fans never found out what the Doctor saw when he entered Room 11 in The God Complex way back in Series 6. It seemed like one of those mysteries that was deliberately left open. However, could it actually be addressed this Christmas? Moffat was posed the question at the Doctor Who Celebration and he replied: “Keep watching. We will come back to it.”

With Matt Smith adding: “Sooner that you think…”

@Shazzbot

in my opinion it’s obvious what or more precise WHO is in that room…

of course it’s going to be the doctor himself Well because of what he said.

could be the tardis because of the noise but I’m certain it’s himself

Anonymous @

This is from the Radio Times and they are described as ‘promo’ images, but I’ll err on the side of caution and put this here – because there is discussion of the plot as well and that could very well be considered spoilerish.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-12-05/doctor-who-christmas-special-pictures-matt-smith-makes-a-phone-call-but-his-time-is-running-out

As time continues to tick away for the Doctor, Clara could be in danger too, in one of a series of new promo images for the Doctor Who Christmas special.

Anonymous @

Although this article is one person’s musings on how many companions Peter Capaldi’s Doctor might have in the next series, it includes some references to Twitter which make it spoilerlish for those who don’t want to know such things.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/thoughts-on-a-potential-new-companion-for-series-8-56407.htm

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

z

Timeloop @timeloop

Photoshop?

Looks like a mix of a magician and Count Dracula with a plunger in his hand.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@timeloop – No, not Photoshop…

I’m posting this link here til I figure out how ‘official’ the release of these  images  is.

http://www.combom.co.uk/2013/12/13-more-time-of-doctor-promotional.html   (13 new images)

z

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed

z

DickieGarvey @dickiegarvey

In some of the images i have seen around on the web (i know i cant help myself but look) ther is a mysterious woman with a wine glass witha blue potion i do wonder if this will be linked into the regeneration at all ?????

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Devilishrobby @devilishrobby

I was browsing msn earlier and  found an interview with Jenna Coleman about filming the last episode.

later in the interview there is  a statement from SM sayingthat “some fundamental myths and stories are going to be turned on thier head” he also  made some other comments that may confirm some ppls pet theories so heres the link http://tv.uk.msn.com/news/final-doctor-who-scenes-emotional

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.