General thread – fan creativity

Home Forums Fan creativity General thread – fan creativity

This topic contains 1,012 replies, has 280 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    Stickfiddler @stickfiddler

@guyofodd: Switch to text, copy in the code, then switch back to visual and submit. Like so. <iframe src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/6nTxaCJgEs8″ width=”560″ height=”315″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe>

Apparently it still isn’t working? Hang on a mo…

GuyOfOdd @guyofodd

@stickfiddler: Thanks, I tried that but it didn’t seem to work. I thought it should. Not sure what went wrong but I think I’ve got it now. Thanks for your help. Sorry I can’t help with your postage question in return, but I’m all out of ideas!

@guyofodd: Yeah, it’s not working for me either. The best thing you can do is link to it, I guess. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nTxaCJgEs8

That’s okay that you can’t help. What do you mean when you say you’re all out of ideas?

And how do I prevent e-mail notices coming in when someone mentions me?

GuyOfOdd @guyofodd

@stickfiddler: Apparently you just have to post the web address of the video as plain text on it’s own line. That’s a new one on me. Check it out:

Thanks for trying to help! I really appreciate it.

I’m all out of ideas as in I genuinely don’t know how you’d go about sending the right postage from America for Jenna to post back to you.

And I’m afraid I know nothing about the emails when you’re mentioned. I’m brand new here too! Let me check the Help…

You’re welcome! I figured out how to change e-mail settings so I’m good there.

hollahbrace @hollahbrace

D

EnglishmaninNC @englishmaninnc

@stickfiddler

Ok, we have a couple of options to help you out I think.   As a Brit who now resides in the USA, but retains family in the UK – I may be able to help.

I can…

#1 Get you some stamps from the UK (which will take about 2 weeks)

#2 Have you send the request to my folks in the UK unsealed so they can apply the required amount of stamps on your return envelope and then forward it on to Jenna.

I think #2 would be the best option.

Richard
    EnglishManInNC
    ————————
    Check out our Dr Who Cushions! @  http://www.LadyMaggie.com

@englishmaninnc

Hm. I think I’d probably want to go with you getting me some stamps. I like to do things myself. Where should I tell you where to send them?

EnglishmaninNC @englishmaninnc

@stickfiddler

No problem, I understand.   Let me know the weight of the return envelope and I will get you enough stamps to cover AIRMAIL back + a couple of ounces (in case they throw in some extras).

Send me a PM with your details

ScaryB @scaryb

Hi @stickfiddler and @englishmaninnc
    Welcome.
    For help on posting and practicalities, see the “Help” tab on the right of the menu bar –
    http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/help/

To stop being emailed about notifications go to where it says Howdy xxxx (top right of the page) and amend your Settings

Re wanting a signed photo, I’d send it straight to Jenna c/o Doctor Who office at BBC Roath Lock Studios, BBC Drama Village, Porth Teigr Way, 4GA, Cardiff CF10, UK
    Mark the outside of the envelope as “fan mail – autograph request”
    (I’m sure the DW office has a budget for fan postage 🙂 )

And if you want to say Hi and introduce yourself, go to the On the Sofa thread – that way you’re more likely to get seen, and a response
    🙂

EduAir94 @eduair94

A little animation I’ve done with Source Filmmaker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anQmIgMkBzw

rejetto @rejetto

Recently i’ve been inspired by the atmosphere of some episodes, and wrote a song about an untold story of the cybermen. I would like to share it with other fans.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    ScaryB @scaryb

That’s a great cosplay of Eldrad. Possibly better than the original costume!!

danb26884 @danb26884

Hey, I just want to let yous aware about a special Doctor Who Fanimation coming later on this year! I have created a short trailer to advertise it, I have attached a link so please check it out and leave a comment!

wolfweed @wolfweed
    friidan94 @friidan94

<p style=”color: #141823;”>Me and my friends made a weeping angel costume a few years ago, but didn’t know when to actually use it… So we wrote a song, based on two episodes which i’m sure you’ll recognize and used it for the music video! So here it is!:)</p>
    <p style=”color: #141823;”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fshDufZx2oo</p>

wolfweed @wolfweed

Another fantastic ‘making of’ video by John Smith…

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

That breakdown of the “Rain” trailer was stunning. Thanks for posting it, @wolfweed.

I think back to my dismal attempts to make a collage in school with cut-outs from magazines and some glue. Oh well.

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

Dr Puppet returns this Autumn…

wolfweed @wolfweed

Not sure why Tom Baker’s so short or why Pat Troughton’s so fat…
    z
    by Stephen Byrne
    https://www.facebook.com/ArtworkOfStephenByrne/photos/a.127348130793804.1073741826.127346047460679/238750116320271/?type=1&theater

@wolfweed

Yikes! That completely put me off my breakfast. Even the thought of a Disney version of Who is too awful to contemplate. And actually, the rendering is probably an accurate interpretation of what they would do with it.

I shall now spend the rest of the day trying to forget that I ever saw the image!

The Krynoid Man @thekrynoidman

Here is something I made in Photoshop
    The site wouldn’t let me upload it so here’s a link (it should be at or near the bottom of the page)

http://www.planetmondas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1146&p=150774#p150774

HooVBitE @hoovbite

Greetings everyone!

Here is a new Google Street View Tardis, located in the Item Shop in Germany!

https://www.facebook.com/MunichItemShop/app_329898510397252

And Watch Out For The Weeping Angel. ;D

ihasgun @ihasgun

Hey Guys, I’m new to the site but I have a request.

There is a guy where I work that wrote this Gallifreyan note on his white board to our co-worker.  And she and I were wondering what it could mean.  He’s been writing in Gallifreyan for a week or so now and we’ve not been able to translate any of them.  But we really wanna know what this one said since it was addressed to her.

If you wanna give your hand at translating it, it would be much appreciated.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="570"]Gallifreyan Message Time Lord love note?[/caption]

Thanks!

P.S. He left before she could ask, that’s why I’m posting here on her behalf.  Ultimately, we’ll find out tomorrow when she asks him.

wolfweed @wolfweed

z
    the eyebrows by TWULF on deviant

Anonymous @

eer above looks a little like an ex-Prime Minister in Aus; Bob Hawke (I am/was a fan). Kindest, purofilion

janetteB @janetteb

I once served Bob Hawke Coffee. He was very curteous and yes it does resemble him. (Just to keep on topic.)

Cheers

Janette

@purofilion, @janetteb

You are both starting to make me wonder why I decided to emigrate to Canada. But then I think about the current incumbent “suppository of wisdom” and I know why I did.

Take care, my fellow compatriots.

Anonymous @

yes @blenkinsopthebrave   the “incumbent “suppository of wisdom”  well said m’friend and yes we will try to take care. A friend has a site -Anthony Ackroyd which is  designed to give people a chuckle about the state of political affairs. Makes the day bearable (and starts if off with a laugh) without taking the pressure off necessary/Responsible opposition.

Good on you @janetteb that would have been interesting -during the ‘Accord Years’ perhaps?  He treated his companion, Hazel Hawke poorly though, not as well as the Doctor treats his ‘assistants; ‘colleagues’ and any other current term for ‘friend aboard ship’.

Kindest, puro

janetteB @janetteb

I will have to look up that site @purofilion. Sounds just like what I need when the news is too depressing. Bob was retired at the time but he was breakfasting with Blanche, before it all went public, which amused me as I had written an essay on him as PM for 2nd yr Oz History and so knew the backstory but nobody else even blinked over it.

@blenkinsopthebrave. Thankyou. Will take care if possible.

Cheers

Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

Twelve versus Weeping Angels by Rachael Stott

http://rachaelstott.tumblr.com/post/88790582658/twelve-vs-weeping-angels

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Anonymous @

@ihasgun  after days of working at this with mates the translation is: “let’s have a quick one or three and I’ll get you a skinny cappuccino” or the last could read “a tea boot’ not sure what that means. But there you go. Kindest, puro.

midnyt @midnyt

@ihasgun  What did your co-worker say that was?  I came up with:  “I am the tijier” or possibly tijeir  but the “e”s aren’t really placed like I’d expect them to be.

ihasgun @ihasgun

@purofilion and @midnyt  Thanks for the translation!!  Apparently he must not be the best with Galifreyan, because it is supposed to say something like, “I won today” or something like that.  My co-worker usually comes in pretty early, and apparently this day he beat her to the office, so he was gloating I guess.

Thanks for the translations anyway!  Our suspicions were confirmed that he did like her though.  He asked her out today, haha.

midnyt @midnyt

@ihasgun. I finally figured out that last word was supposed to be “winner”.

But there really are some missing lines, and the e’s are misplaces if he’s using Sherman’s, which seems to be the most popular.

midnyt @midnyt

And just because I can’t sleep, here’s a couple corrected versions of the word “winner”.   The number of lines coming off the divots and circles is what determines what the letter is.   The rules for combining lines between letters can be kind of funky, so I think that may be where he went wrong, especially if he was doing it from memory.

This would be a corrected version of what was written:

And this would be how I would write it:

I know, more info than y’all wanted, right? I just spent way too many hours last week learning about circular gallifreyan, so I tend to try translating it when I can.

Anonymous @

you ppl are amazing. Sorry, @midnyt  (and also @ihasgun – now you I should be worried about upsetting with your tag line n’all )I was playing with you having no idea what it meant, I shouldn’t have done that…..oops. Anyway, translating Gallifreyan? How do you do that? Is there a course on line. Is this like elvish?  I am waaaay out of your league, Yoda. Oh, sorry, wrong, show. Goodness, I have to get this together 🙂 Kindest, purofilion

Anonymous @

@midnyt seriously dude. Respect to you. I am stunned you can actually write this. I speak a couple of European languages but they don’t use the Cyrillic alphabet. I see Gallifreyan as akin to a language with copious characters -perhaps harder than Linear A! Kindest, puro.

midnyt @midnyt

@purofilion  LOL!  I knew you were just taking a wild stab in the dark.  It made me laugh.

It’s a fan made “script” for lack of a better term.  It’s just letter by letter transcription.

The creator’s page for it:http://www.shermansplanet.com/gallifreyan

Quick and dirty version: http://timeturners.wikidot.com/circular-gallifreyan

Reddit, helpful getting a feel for style and practicing reading, and also for helpful spellchecking: http://www.reddit.com/r/gallifreyan

And Kemipo on DeviantArt (SpellKeeper on Reddit) will take commissions. I particularly like his style.
    http://kemipo.deviantart.com/

There’s also Doctor’s Cot Gallifreyan: http://doctorscotgallifreyan.com/ which I haven’t really gotten into yet.

midnyt @midnyt

I also like to make things as well.

Here’s an origami quilt that I made that was Doctor Who themed. Sorry about the angle, but I don’t have the necessary equipment to get a photo of a framed piece without taking a selfie in the reflection.

Anonymous @

@midnyt  I’m generally not a fan of quilts  -I know this will being me terrible mojo, but, but, I really love what you did: it’s arty. quirky, painstaking & different from lots of others I’ve seen  (in a good way); boy, you are talented. Kindest, purofilion

Anonymous @

@midnyt  I’m generally not a fan of quilts  -I know this will being me terrible mojo, but, but, I really love what you did: it’s arty. quirky, painstaking & different from lots of others I’ve seen  (in a good way); boy, you are talented. Kindest, purofilion

Anonymous @

ah shite, * ‘bring’ me not ‘being’  me  – already with the mojo. Cripes.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    ctrlaltclothe @ctrlaltclothe

Some clothes I designed, inspired by Doctor Who.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    midnyt @midnyt

Got bored and made this and stuck it on my all-in-one (printer).

It’s the “writing” from the end panel of the Doctor’s cot in A Good Man Goes to War. Some say it’s River/Melody’s name others swear it’s not.  Not going to get into that argument right now.  🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,013 total)

The topic ‘General thread – fan creativity’ is closed to new replies.