Heaven Sent

Home Forums Episodes The Twelfth Doctor Heaven Sent

This topic contains 612 replies, has 92 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 601 through 613 (of 613 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

@pedant

Thank you for that! It works really well.

But I was thinking of Lie to Me?

Where Ford is dying to be a vampire?

You have a choice, you don’t have a good choice but you have a choice and you’re opting for mass murder & nothing you say is gonna make that OK.”

@Thane @missrori

Yeah good one. And in the episode called – aptly enough  – Choices there is this entire exchange, which covers pretty well every base of who gets to choose while – with hindsight – teeing up what it can lead to.

The point being, that you don’t do the right thing to earn a reward. You do it because it is the right thing, irrespective of cost or reward.

Everything else is just wage slavery.

(It’s almost as if Moff has paid attention to the storytelling doors Whedon kicked open)

Anonymous @

@pedant  @missrori

Agreed.

Yeah, and Buffy knew this already while still in high school -Oz also, not to mention Willow and probably even Zander. (I think it’s an X but I get red squiggles).

Kicking open doors is mad on. I was reading some of the tropes (I think they are that) on BuffWikiquotes during a boring lesson of …something and the things Joss Whedon did were unbelievable. Really and truly. I don’t appreciate them all yet. I ‘ve seen them twice but the ideas that rip thru the whole fabric of each season are so clever, so able to deliver masses of plot with little words and conversations between people (as opposed to action or exposition) that it changed my life.

Thank you.

Missy @missy

Its taken me over 45 minutes to catch up with all your posts and I’m astonished at the amount of thought that has gone into them.

Analysis was never a talent of mine, so I have nothing to contribute.  All I can say, is that I don’t think any of the episodes are complicated. I find them pretty straight forward and, in my opinion, the Doctor did win. It simply depends on peoples definition of ‘winning.’

Anonymous @

@missy

Oh, me too. Not at all complicated.

television should never be complicated. Otherwise who would watch it? Too much hard work, that. Pretty much nothing is really complicated.

Cheers!

Missy @missy

@thane15:  Sometimes it’s good thing having to think too.

Wrong thread I know, but a case in point is Sherlock 4.

Missy

Anonymous @

@missy

is it?

Mmm. Maybe.

(I found a very complicated message in the inbox which found its way to us -but not to the site? Did you break the internet again? 🙂 )

I think if a thing is posted, pre-deletion, it ends up being auto-sent.

All’s good.

I crash constantly.

Missy @missy

@thane15:

So sorry for delay. I did send a PM, but not you.  Very strange.

And NO, I didn’t break the internet *big grin* I haven’t got the expertise required.

Thank you for letting me know.

Missy

Anonymous @

@missy

breaking the internet’s pretty complicated.

Missy @missy

@thane15:  The whole thing can be mind boggling.

Missy

Anonymous @

Just researching this. At 10:28, first scene in the Tardis mind palace, there’s a photograph on the Tardis wall. The background of the photo appears to be the classic Tardis interior. Anyone know who the photo is of?

Kharis @kharis

@morpho Rembrant

@mersey and a few other members have a lot of interesting ideas surrounding that.

Anonymous @

@kharis — Thanks, I’m digging through that now. Reading back, I got the impression from @ichabod that the Rembrandt portrait features in (his audio-only) season 10? Hell of a coincidence if I read that right.

Viewing 13 posts - 601 through 613 (of 613 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.