The Day of The Doctor – The 50th Anniversary Special

Home Forums Episodes The Eleventh Doctor The Day of The Doctor – The 50th Anniversary Special

This topic contains 963 replies, has 80 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 964 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

Mister am not a fish ,i think every writter has his style of writting , you said since moffat arrived it has been A all the way . Yes and that is how it should be . For me seasons 5 and 6 are brilliant , becouse they had a great main story plot in the backround all the time , season 7 did not have that , and in my opinion sucks . It had clara but that was not as good as cracking in  the wall leading to big bang . I like non related exellent storys like blink and many more. And there should be 60 – 70 procent of those in a season. But when you have 7-8 non related storys in a row , and 4 or 5 of them stink like in season 7 , then you have a problem .Also i think a season should have at least 22 – 25 episodes , 12 is just  a little low. But that is just my opinion.                    For example i would like to see doctor versus valyear through the whole 8 th season . Mis shazzbott you are right , Croatia is a beautiful country , visit it again

Anonymous @

hhhahahaah computer caveman

Anonymous @

@craig – sometimes, like roaches, they keep coming back. Even when you give them pointers to forum conduct, and constructive criticism, and dispassionate explanations why their behaviour should change; and then even resort to off-topic talk yourself in attempt to flummox them – they simply revert to type.

My am-dram final dress rehearsal beckons.  I sincerely hope that if there is any more Big Red Button pushing to be done this evening, that @pedant will be around to circle shark-like in giddy anticipation.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@Shazzbot

z
    z
    z

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@d12345 I think you mentioned the words “redemption of the trolls”. 😉

I hope you will live up to that. You have made some good points but you are not expressing yourself well.

It’s not “my house, my rules”. Far from it. Everything goes here. I’m not telling you what to do. But I’d like to point out that your posts will not be read if they are just big blocks of text. You wouldn’t want that, would you?

Jakob Nielsen is a usability expert and he has made many studies on how users read on the web. If you want people to read your posts you should “write for scannability : don’t require users to read long continuous blocks of text”.

http://www.nngroup.com/articles/be-succinct-writing-for-the-web/

It might be worth a try. Just saying…

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@wolfweed

If that’s not John Hurt playing the Policeman I’ll eat my own beard!

I fear you may have to find some suitable condiments to go with the beard. I can sort of see why you think the policeman looks like Hurt, but I really think this is simply a Reg Cranfield look-a-like who has been heavily CGI’d along with everyone else in the mini trailer. Just as with every other character in the mini trailer, I think he is simply there to allude to the history of the show.

<Now to go off and take up @scaryb‘s challenge to dust-off my 4th wall theory….>

Anonymous @

I tried in my last post but it came up way to wrong , ha ha . That is why i wrote computer caveman . I will try to make the text look more normal, but i do not understand why is everyone so negative and nervous just because of a few grammar mistakes.

I feel like in highschool with old nervous teachers.

Not you, craig and fish man are ok . It should be what is in the text, and not if it is 100 procent grammar spelling format bullet proof . But i do not want to fight with anyone , and i was not rude to anyone recently . And shazzbot calls me a roach , very not lady like . Cheers

Timeloop @timeloop

@bluesqueakpip Love that idea of yours that the TARDIS chose something representing the Doctor! Absolutely fabulous. Too bad we don’t have much to go on before he ran away as @Shazzbot suggests.

As to the croatian case in the last few posts: I can’t quite tell if he is mocking us completly or is just a bit messing about but still likes the show… @pedant I know you wanted to help but on first reading your replies to him you sounded a bit condecending? I thought I might point that out since we wanted to welcome everyone, right? I might have mistaken your tone, I suppose.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@d12345 I have edited your last post just to add paragraphs. Do you not think it reads better?

You can do what you want, I’m not telling you what to do, but I can confirm that you’ll be ignored if you don’t split your text up. Just hit “Enter” a few times.

And Shazzbot didn’t call you a roach, she was just comparing you to a roach. It’s slightly different. Don’t take it personally anyway, she abuses me all the time 😕

Tennantmarsters2013 @tennantmarsters2013

Feels like I’ve waited forever for the day of the doctor and still got a month to go and I’m going to a gig that night so I’m probably going to have to record instead of going to the pictures.

does anyone know if it is just the 23rd November that they are showing the special in the pictures or will there be more dates?

wolfweed @wolfweed
    Anonymous @

Craig , off course the text looks better ,i am just lazy and not used to have to write this way on forums , and a computer caveman . Timeloop , if i wanted to make fun of you , i apsolutelly would not waste my time writting theories all afternoon , what kind of making fun of anyone is that. Just have to start using quotes and i am ready to go .

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@d12345 I look forward to reading your posts… with paragraphs. You have some great ideas so it is a shame they’ve not been very well presented so far (to our English language eyes).

On English language forums, unless you are just posting one or two sentences, it is expected that you will break up your text into short paragraphs. Just like I did here 😀

@wolfweed

You may be right my friend (although you did leave the policeman’s ear intact in the Hurt mock-up on the right, did you not?), but…I just don’t see it.

But…in the spirit of bonkers theorising…why would they do it? I am really not sure I want them to rewrite “An Unearthly Child” in the 50th. I think that would be a real disservice to the integrity of the show. The one time when they tried to do it (“The Remembrance of the Daleks”) was awful…for me, anyway.

Anonymous @

I was thinking , smith pointed out a few times that he can not regenerate , in two episodes i think , one is lets kill hitler .

So if tennant regenerated twice and hurt is there , smith can not regenerate anymore . which means Hurt is a future doctor or doctor between 8 – 9 , so i do not think doctor zero theory is possible .

I do not know doctor zero theory , can someone tell me

My favorite theory is a doctor from the future , his last regeneration , an old crazy last doctor refusing to die , and making wrong dicisions blowing up stuff

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

Anyway, to carry on the ‘policeman’ theme:

Amelia Pond: Are you a policeman?
    The Doctor: Why? Did you call a policeman?

From The Eleventh Hour.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@blenkinsopthebrave – Spatial genetic multiplicity…….

(See Journey’s End – Also why Caecilius & Mr Frobisher look like the Capaldi Dr and why hundreds of people look like Terry Walsh)
    z
    z
    z

ScaryB @scaryb

@Shazzbot That’s a pic of the wrong policeman! (from An Unearthly Child (with typical 60s chinstrap style))

@wolfweed Love the pic of the 4 Doctors, even if they have made #1 look more like Bradley than Hartnell 🙁   Thanks for doing the composites – I’m still not convinced either way. There IS a passing resemblance to Hurt (if you squint at the screen with eyes half closed!) and it’s definitely not from the original footage.  But as @blenkinsopthebrave (yay! Smartarses of the world unite!) says, why would they?

OTOH There’s @bluesqueakpip‘s brand new baby theory about The Policeman/Bobby/Copper  <puts thinking fez back on>

@d12345 The problem with no paragraphs or punctuation is that a) as @craig says most of us on here have extemely short attention spans so your posts are unlikely to be read. And b) it’s typical troll behaviour, so you’re setting up people’s preconceptions against you by posting that way. For now you’re getting the benefit of the doubt as you seem to be trying.

re your comment about how the stories should be structured, see my earlier post about Dr Who frequently breaks the rules (including it’s own ones). Dr Zero Theory is the one that HurtDr is before Hartnell (making Hartnell the 1st regeneration). He could simultanously be the last one, in a timey wimey cyclical sort of way.  But he could be a “crazy old Doctor not wanting to die” – although we’ve kind of been there with Tennant.

and making wrong dicisions blowing up stuff

Or as per my own current pet theory he could have been on a time out for the last 50/900 years working out how to fix whatever it is the HurtDr has done that was so bad. Re the regeneration limit – I think there’s one thing we can be 100% sure of – it’s not IF they get round the rule, it’s HOW 🙂

@TennantMarsters Poor you, bad planning – tell the band they need to reschedule :-). Cinema schedules haven’t been announced yet. Keep an eye on @phaseshift‘s Big 50th Celebrations blog – updates will be on there

Okay, let’s try and bring some ideas together.

The trailer is in ‘bullet time’ – everything except the Smith Doctor is frozen in one moment, with the camera the only thing moving. Once the Smith Doctor moves, everything else can move – though we only see the Sonic Screwdrivers start to fall.

We’ve seen this before, in the TARDIS. The TARDIS freezes the engine explosion to protect people; as here, the parts of the engine are suspended in space.

The frozen moments in the ‘bullet time’ are subtly wrong. Or not so subtly; everything is mixed up together. Again, we’ve seen this in The Wedding of River Song, where all of Earth’s history ends up happening at the same time. So the Seventh Doctor seems to be fighting the Weeping Angels, the Third Doctor is in the Fourth Doctor’s TARDIS, fighting a Master who might be either Delgado or Ainley. The First Doctor is in Totters Lane, with the Daleks – who didn’t arrive until after he’d left; it was the Seventh Doctor who fought Daleks at Totters Lane. The Shard is near the Golden Gate Bridge. The reflection in the crystal ball looks like Sara Jane morphed with Susan Foreman, and the policeman looks like John Hurt’s features might have been morphed with his face. He also appears to be on guard – which the original policeman wasn’t; he was patrolling and shone his torch on the closed gate.

Um, what else? Well, the Companions are Sara Jane Smith, K9, Rose, Amy (just about visible) and Clara. Possibly Susan.

There are two non-Companion humans in the entire trailer – one is the mysterious policeman who’s got a vague look of John Hurt. The other is a soldier getting killed by the Dalek. <span style=”font-size: 13px;”>The Doctor’s been continually described as a Soldier, or an ex-Soldier, since the reboot. </span>

So, the Doctor, the Companions, the Monsters – the Soldier (who dies), the Policeman (who’s guarding the entrance to 1963).

Anonymous @

I like your policeman theory , but if he was a policeman before he became a time traveling maniac , would that mean he is a young policeman on a planet galifrey ?

But it would be unpossible if he was dressead as a policeman from earth , just like from earth , and he is on galifrey . And not time traveling yet

I doubt policeman on galifrey look just like on earth , that would be too funny. But it is an interesting theory

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@d12345 Thank you.

I think I may have started the Doctor Zero theory with this post:

http://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/s33-7-14-the-name-of-the-doctor/#post-9595

Either before the first Doctor or, as @bluesqueakpip suggested, a Doctor who does not count as the Doctor so counts as zero.

And I wouldn’t focus too much on the number of regenerations. They’ll find a way around that, and the Doctor will be regenerating for many years to come.

I hadn’t thought about a future Doctor though. Interesting…

Timeloop @timeloop

@bluesqueakpip Now that you write it like that it just sounds like an elaboration of what the Doctor said to Clara: The time stream is collapsing in on itself because the Doctor stepped in. Do you remember? When she yelled “Well get out, then!”

Tennantmarsters2013 @tennantmarsters2013

@scaryb

i know now I can’t believe my luck but it is nickel back so I don’t mind if I have to watch the 50th in 2d and comfort of my own home.

and I will make sure I keep my eyes peeled

Anonymous @

I must admit i do not like this doctor zero theory.

why would smith said to hurt , he broke the promise , not in the name of the doctor , he is me but he didn not deserve the name…

It does not sound like doctor zero could had the time or resurses to do something so wrong.

After moffat said count your regeneratins , and j. depp would be a great future doctor , i started wondering

I think doctore zero theory is not interesanting enough (no offence just my opinion) , and doctor between 8 – 9 would be too complicating ,having to show to many things to explain the situation .

So my opinion is that hurt is the future doctor. For me the most racional option . It is simple , last regeneration , he refuses to give his name up and die , and creates this moment never ending war .

Maybe hurt waited in this frozen war moment ( science bla bla) until the last doctor smith comes . And Trenzelore becomes a big judgment day for all doctors and all they have done

@d12345 – that’s much clearer.

Thank you.

ScaryB @scaryb

@d12345

If he is a future Doctor, why does Matt refer to him in the past tense? (“He’s the one who broke the promise”)

Also  “Count the regenerations…” If there is a Doctor Zero before Hartnell then Hartnell becomes the first regeneration rather than the first Doctor, so everything moves on 1 from what we thought ie 11 becomes 12. It works the same way if HurtDr is between 8 and 9 – 9 becomes 10, 10 becomes 11 etc). But @htpbdet has an addition to the Doctor Zero theory that he is the last AND the first, that the Doctor’s lifespan is cyclical – when you get to the end you got back to a (new) beginning.

It does not sound like doctor zero could had the time or resurses to do something so wrong

If he is also a timetraveller, then he has all the time in the universe

Sorry, I’m not keen on Smith’s Doctor (and even less all the Doctors) as the big bad – we only know this from other (untrustworthy) people saying it, we’ve not seen it on screen. It’s the Doctor’s nature to “save the day” which is why I think he’s looking for a solution rather than being the problem. If he  (as HurtDr?) created the timelock it was because there was (apparently) no other choice.

PS I wholeheartedly agree with you and Moffat that Johnny Depp would be an amazing Doctor

Anonymous @

Matt smith as doctor = j .deep pirates of caribian

Yery similar acting

Matt smith knows what hurt has (will) done , so it is in paste tence

i mean hurt is the bad one , not smith ,read my previous theories on the last page ( no other choice to save , like you say)

Why would the zero doctor be his greatest secret ?, and all this sounds way too complicated in my opinion

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

Evening all! I can’t help feeling that if this is what it’s like for a non-specific 50th trailer we’ll have to expand again into another twenty pages when they release some actual footage. 😀

On the Policeman, I don’t think it looks like Hurt. It’s definitely not the original actor, but I think I can provide AN explanation for that.

Reg was uncredited. The BBC can show his performance in the show because that was the nature of extras. To use his image in this brand new trailer would involve permissions, potential fees, etc. Why bother? It’s a policeman who didn’t make it into the credits. Recast as “generic image” and save yourself a bit of coin.

ScaryB @scaryb

@d12345

Sorry if I picked you up wrongly,  I was responding to

a big judgment day for all doctors and all they have done

Re

Why would the zero doctor be his greatest secret ?

For the same reason a future Doctor could be. But I still go back to Matt referring to him in the past tense. (And if you think we’re picky on here about grammar etc, Moffat is the standard-bearer for words and potential meanings. Every word is carefully considered, especially in key speeches)

and all this sounds way too complicated in my opinion

You can say that about a show which in 1 recent season had the Doctor’s future wife turn out to be the daughter of his then travelling companions who turns out to have grown up with her parents as their contemporary; who is trained (in 51st century) as the assassin of the Doctor, kills him, but actually doesn’t because of the tesselector substitute… ?

ScaryB @scaryb

@phaseshift

that was the nature of extras. To use his image in this brand new trailer would involve permissions, potential fees, etc

Now that’s just BORING!! 😉

To be fair they did spend a LOT of time and effort putting loads in the trailer to keep us interested (and make sure the youTube version went viral)

Anonymous @

I think that for moffat is much easier to write some more scientific science stuff , and not involve himself in a a manner in which he changes the history of the show bg especially.

Like what has happened before , and we have not seen

The master has to return , there are no exuses

Anonymous @

Good points Scary

I am standing strong on a theory in which hurt created a moment of never ending war to save the universe in the time war

In this theory trenzelore is a eternal warzone and not his grave , and this works with doctor zero ,future doctor ,doctor between 8-9

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@scaryb

BORING!!

Heh – Sorry, I thought I’d activate the “Blue Boringers” for anyone who was going to be kept awake at night wondering about the policeman.

ScaryB @scaryb

@phaseshift

heh heh 😈

(well it was worrying @htpbdet enough to send miniHTPBDET(s) (aka the nephew) to come on here to check! So probably an apposite decision on your part)

iamrosetyler @iamrosetyler

OMG so excited!!!!!!!! Can’t wait for the 50th anniversary!!!!! We should all wear bow ties and blue clothes(for the tardis) I can’t wait!!!!!!!!

@phaseshift

On the Policeman

Ah, finally, a voice of reason in a day of madness.

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@blenkinsopthebrave

a voice of reason in a day of madness

Many thanks – That’s not a phrase used often in my vicinity!

I can remember for years peope kept trying to attribute the Policeman to someone else. Fred Rowling(?!) or something like that. He was also mentioned as playing the Policeman in official BBC material, but it turned out he was a potential replacement if they couldn’t get Reg back in to reshoot after they decided the pilot needed more work.

janetteB @janetteb

Having re-watched the trailer, (several times) and the beginning of An Unearthly Child I think the opening scene of the policeman guarding the entrance to Totter’s Lane is endeavouring to suggest no more than the beginning of the T.V. series as a reference to the beginning of the Doctor’s journey, so I don’t think that the policeman at the start is overly significant. “Blue boringness.”  Though as has been pointed out, in the original he passes the gates to the junk yard, here he appears to be guarding them but I still think that is because it works better within the mise en scene.  (haven’t used that term for a few years..)

I have been re-looking at the figure towards the end with his back to the viewer and I am now certain that is the John Hurt Doctor. On closer observation I noted that he is wearing a vest over rough trousers with a thick leather belt and an ammo blet slung over the top. Hurt Dr’s costume sans coat.

@d12345 Not sure about Hurt creating an endless war in order to conclude another war however it is interesting that you raised the subject of Trenzalore. I think we all assume that the battle fought there was from the Time War but I have a feeling that it might be something more important than that. I think it was the battle where everything began, as @htpbdet says, this story will be circular and no, that is certainly not too complex for a Moffat tale. Moffat delights in complex stories which require two or three viewings to fully unravel. The battle of Tranzalore might well happen in an alternate time loop but it will have heavy consequences on “reality”. I wonder if S.M. has taken R.T.Ds Time War concept and turned it narratively on its head, with the later’s permission of course.

IMHO Hurt Doctor is not going to be evil, just pragmatic, following the argument of “just war” where the Doctor will never, ever justify murder. (ironical given that the series had the highest body count of anything shown on TV in the U.K in the 70s)

Cheers

Janette

ScaryB @scaryb

@janetteb

Yes, it would appear sanity is prevailing after yesterday’s policeman hysteria, LOL

Like you I’m far from convinced that the Doctor would start a never ending war…  but he might hit the pause button on one while he scoots round the universe looking for a solution – or just takes a timeout cos he’s exhausted with it! (I keep thinking of old Twilight Zone stories (particularly the one about a woman with a magic amulet who stops time to prevent a nuclear missile striking her town – final shot is of a lethal looking missile suspended in mid flight – the woman is free to move around but everyone/thing else (inc her family) is frozen))

According to the GI Trenzalore was just “a minor skirmish”

geoffers @geoffers

hello, all!

might as well put these thoughts here, so that you can rip my theories to shreds, haha!

a friend and i had a long think about hurt doctor’s placement in the established line a while back, and we were wondering if he could maybe be between david and matt? whilst lurking about, i remember there was some discussion about the flashback sequence shown to the cyber controller, wherein there’s an interruption as david’s face changes to matt’s. it’s an image from david’s regeneration, and it’s probably only there to show the cyber controller how regeneration works. but, we figured hurt doctor might have come next (10.5?), and whatever he did is to be revealed in the 50th (and reversed, or otherwise un-done).

the resulting paradox of bringing him back, and somehow merging with 10 and 11 (or just ceasing to be), could explain why the regenerative energies were extra-powerful, and damaging to the tardis. (or, there’s an extra tardis, or two, merging at the same point in time, causing the same effect. hence, the van gogh painting, which is probably the tardis exploding, per ‘the big bang,’ but might also be two tardises crashing together, maybe?) i know that the most obvious view is that 10 REALLY didn’t want to go, and that the regeneration was overblown because of his mental state… but, his mental state could also have impacted the process of regeneration, leading to hurt doctor, no? a slightly more mad madman in a box (!) who then would go on to do whatever he did…

another thought i had just a while ago, is that maybe hurt doctor really is 11’s secret (and his only), as he says in ‘tNotD.’ could he have created this character using that room in the tardis that can create anything? i know the implication was that it could make any machine (and perhaps was where “the moment” was forged, to seal the time war?), but i can imagine, sometime before the teselecta, 11 getting desperate enough, to avoid dying at lake silencio, that he might try to build his own replica (having been exposed to the idea by the teselecta, perhaps). it’s a far-fetched idea, i know, but i only just had it! lol…

i’ve begun to think of the hurt doctor as some iteration of a time war doctor (aged mcgann, pre-eccleston), and i just wonder if moffat’s allowing us to think that, based on what he’s wearing? which is strong evidence, that i can’t contradict, except to point out that he could choose any clothing that might be lying about in the tardis wardrobe, if he were “born” there. davison’s is the only other regeneration i’ve seen (other than AG who), and his clothing was “suggested” by the tardis, as well!

the other reason i think it might be a feint by moffat, is the teselecta, itself. i remember thinking, upon first viewing, “what happens if these guys copy the doctor?” and then, later, when the ganger doctor was created, i latched onto him (and the alternating blue tie/red tie affair) as the solution to the death at lake silencio… only to be rudely reminded that the answer, the simpler answer, was there all along.

anyway, i’d love everyone’s thoughts on all this. i don’t pretend that i’m going to guess anything correctly, as i have a horrible track record with predicting what’s going on. but it’s part of why i love the show, the puzzle aspect that moffat has introduced (or expanded), and i hope it doesn’t go away completely once he’s gone (though it could be downplayed a bit, so that it’s not always the underlying theme of the series). but, bonkers theorizing is in my dna, i suppose!

cheers…

geoffers

ah, and one other thought. when the official poster was released, i had an “aha!” moment, in that hurt is pictured “between” 10 and 11! maybe nothing, but…

wolfweed @wolfweed

I’m really surprised that yesterday was described as ‘mad boring policeman hysteria day’.

No giant theory (necessarily) connected to the P.C.s identity. All I’m saying is that (instantly to me) he looks exactly like John Hurt (maybe I can get past his perception filter). Pertwee & Delgado don’t look much like themselves & nobody’s suggesting that they’re not meant to be them.

Looks like I’m all alone in this view. I’m genuinely shocked. Oh well, all’s fair in visual perception. But…

One day we shall find out… yes… one day. Then either you’ll all have to eat your words or I’ll have to eat my own beard…….

Try not to take too much pleasure if I’m wrong and I end up choking to death.
    z

Left: Killgarrah The Great Dragon  Right: John Hurt

@wolfweed – it’s okay, I’m with you.

Post application of the blue boringers, I will merely point out that morphing John Hurt onto the face of the actor playing the policeman would position him as … Doctor Zero.

Anonymous @

For me there is one interesting fact , the great inteligence appears only once before , whith the second doctor , and never after that . The master first appears with the third doctor , almost right away after g . i. dissapeared until now .

I think there are not many main villains who dissapeared in that way . For me this could mean that master invented the g . i. Also now that master is not here for a few years , the g. i. appears again.

Maybe master tried first to defeat the second doctor from the backround using g. i. , and when he failed then attacked the third doctor himself

And now some crazy stuff i am bored

Trenzelore is a prison cell ( time space thing ). The prison was created by the master . The prisoners are , the master and the last regeneration of the doctor .

Master wants the doctors name , so he can erase his from history . So he creates that the only way to get inside the prison is to say the doctors name

While they are fighting inside , they have outside friends who do stuff for them . Master is using g. i. to try to get the name from the past doctors . And the doctor uses The silence , as a cult , a group which is guarding his secret , his name , and this cult does everthing that the name is never out . The silence will fall at the fall of the 11th

Nick @nick

@wolfweed

Me too. Whilst I’m not 100 % convinced on repeated staring at the picture its true, it was certainly my initial impression as well. Given how much time and thought this has obviously taken to produce its hard to believe this isn’t deliberate (whether as deception or clue is another matter).

I’m surprised (or have I missed it ?) there’s been no discussion regarding Moffat’s Independent interview comment on regeneration you posted on the spoilers thread the other day either.

Cheers

Nick

Timeloop @timeloop

@nick everything from the Spoilers thread is to be discussed there. As long as it is no official information from the BBC there are people here that wish to be left oblivious

@nick – anything about Spoilers may only be discussed in the Spoilers thread. That includes mentioning the topic that you are (not) discussing in the Spoilers thread.

It’s okay to start off saying ‘I’d like to look more closely at XXXX’, because that doesn’t tell the non-Spoiler crowd that you want to look more closely at XXXX because you know there’s a real possibility it’s important.

Or a real possibility it’s not important; Moffat does do bare-faced lies. 😈

Nick @nick

@timeloop – which is why I didn’t discuss the contents here, merely expressing surprise at the lack of discussion at all. If you’ve read what @wolfweed posted their, I think you’d see that it fits reasonably well into the Doctor zero discussion that’s happening right here now. Whilst @wolfweed posted it in spoilers it could have been posted here, in news thread or in several other threads equally easily – Moffat gives absolutely nothing away at all.

Cheers

Nick

Nick @nick

@bluesqueakpip – not that I had noticed. Again, I may have a different view of what a spoiler is than @timeloop, but a direct quote from Moffat in a newspaper interview isn’t a spoiler unless he says something in particular about this or future shows surely ? He doesn’t eitherway.

I agree with your sentiment (and @timeloop) on spoilers which is why I didn’t actually repeat either the comment he made or the link @wolfweed posted. Its a fine line I know and I apologise to any one who thinks I crossed the line. It certainly wasn’t deliberate (ie I didn’t think it was a spoiler in the sense we couldn’t discuss it in the present thread).

Cheers

Nick

@nick – your faith in the accuracy of newspaper quotes is quite touching. 😉

Okay: the rule of thumb. Anything published on the official BBC Doctor Who site, in DWM, or published/broadcast on BBC news is not a spoiler – because anything published there is a carefully considered release of information; the assumption is that the Production Team wanted it out there. Radio Times used to be on the not-a-spoiler list as well, because it was owned by the BBC; since it transferred ownership I’m beginning to wonder.

Since @wolfweed published the interview in Spoilers – and Wolfweed is our regular news poster, who regularly has to decide whether something goes in ‘News’ or ‘Spoilers’ – I’d guess that they thought it might be spoilery.

Nobody is saying that you quoted the spoiler – what we’re trying to say is that you innocently mentioned the subject of the spoiler. This forum is filled with a collection of insane theorists with razor-sharp intelligence; merely mentioning the topic is a big clue.

Timeloop @timeloop

@nick I was just pointing out that we decided to leave everything that is said in the spoilers thread in the spoilers thread (what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas) . Unless you know it has been posted elsewhere. There are a bunch of people who want to be as unspoiled as possible. I merely respect their wishes in reminding you of the rule. I know there was no ill will, just a reminder 😉

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 964 total)

The topic ‘The Day of The Doctor – The 50th Anniversary Special’ is closed to new replies.