The Return of Doctor Mysterio

Home Forums Episodes The Twelfth Doctor The Return of Doctor Mysterio

This topic contains 93 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Missy 7 years ago.

Viewing 44 posts - 51 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

@whisht

But Who doesn’t really follow that convention – with Who the physical ‘might’ is often if not always rendered irrelevant and beaten by wit and knowledge (and courage and folly).

I wish I could have said that!

There was wit and SOME folly I guess -the funny “I’m a Doctor, here’s a glass of water, take this”.

For once the Doctor didn’t say “don’t wander off” but should have said: “hold this.”

That’s clever television. The importance of words and yet…..strangely not overwhelmed.

soundworld @soundworld

Hello! A belated viewing from me, I’ve been away (2 weeks holiday in far-away sunshine and avoiding the entire darkness of UK midwinter christmas pressure!) and have just caught up.  I really enjoyed the playing with superman genre and the jokes at the ridiculousness of it all.

I enjoyed that it was less christmassy and tinselly than many previous specials.

In the early scenes with young Grant I found it really hard to follow what he was saying – maybe just the sound on my system!  But I think its that american tone clashing with the very British Dr tone perhaps that has made it a bit flat for some? One or the other works, not both together?  That’s a vast assertion for which I can be shot (or have some of @thane ‘s bricks).  Mind you – ‘Brains with minds of their own, nobody would believe that, this is America!’

@thane15 I agree, very much the ‘importance of words’.  I’m going to rewatch and I expect to get a lot more subtlety and things-that-were-missed upon first viewing.

Happy New (Nu-Who) Year to You!

Anonymous @

@soundworld

You’re back!!! I’m typing for Mum who’s a bit “disjointed” today. She was very excited to see you here and making comments.

She’s totally agreeing with you there. Some of the lines were enormously good: the one about brains (indeed) and did you hear /see Meryl Streep’s response at the Golden Globes? Absolutely earth shattering and wonderful!!

Yes, this Christmas Special had hidden moments? When Mum watched it again with sub-titles she got the extra sense of importance? My favourite part is always (this is Thane now -confusing hey?) when the Doctor does things.

Hanging from the window, asking to be let in (I have to ask my Mum whilst shutting the window!) and “drink this, take this” as apposed to “drink this but don’t swallow this gem, hold it, it’s important….”

And the saddest look on PC’s face when young Grant says: “are you serious? Everyone knows Clark Kent and Superman are the SAME!”

The doctor’s response: “Do they?” was very sad to me.

At the end talking about memories and Christmas’ was really good too.

I think Mum and I will watch it again -just before the new season.

I prefer his darker moments. ANd that’s my problem I guess. To me, the 2-parters in 2015 (?) were just brilliant: Witches Familiar, the Zygon 2 parter and Heaven Sent/Hell Bent. possibly the best television Who I’ve ever seen.

But that’s me. 🙂

Thane and Mum.

soundworld @soundworld

<span class=”useratname”>@thane15</span>  (and@mum – waves)

I totally agree, Heaven Sent was just phenomenal, and I’ve watched it several times as – well, its just so good. Just excellent drama and a terrific concept.

Its not a problem to prefer the darker moments – thats where humanity and the Dr shine the best!  Having been through some very dark moments myself this last few years, its also where touches of daft humour and irreverent wit give us a counterpoint to the darkness, otherwise we’d all give up and throw ourselves into the (satan) pit  (or somesuch).  The darker, more intense, stories are the best as they allow us to explore those deep, often repressed, emotional depths within ourselves, if we allow ourselves to go with it.  PC s fab at expressing this with the lift of an eye, and then a cackle 🙂

But, the Christmas special is a lighter beast aimed at a wider audience, and as such I thought it did a good job with some splendid jokes, the girl and the ordinary guy turned superhero found each other, but with the undercurrent of mourning and acknowledgement of having survived life’s traumas – life goes on, and new stories are to be told.

Hopefully I’ll be back here again before another year passes!

Anonymous @

@soundworld

But, the Christmas special is a lighter beast aimed at a wider audience, and as such I thought it did a good job with some splendid jokes, the girl and the ordinary guy turned superhero found each other, but with the undercurrent of mourning and acknowledgement of having survived life’s traumas – life goes on, and new stories are to be told.

Totally spot on. And I think, with time, I’ll come to love it. If I felt let down (this is Mum making me type. LOL) then I see, within that space, the very feeling the Doctor has. There’s warmth, sympathy, compassion, dread, sweetness and a tender heart. The Doctor has literally gone to hell. It’s impossible to communicate the level of gravitas and drama that is precisely important for him to move on; for the Doctor to assemble his understanding of this new place he ‘resides’  – during heightened emotion and pain, everything is jangly and colourful; one’s eyes hurt either from crying or trying not to. Events either speed up or slow down; they catapult into one another until you either hide or face what’s in front of you.

The Doctor was experiencing this, I believe, and I felt I was too. That, in essence, is why I found it difficult to watch.

Purofilion (the old one) and Thane (the young one)

PS: hoping your health is better @soundworld and that you can be a regular poster -if you can 🙂

winston @winston

@thane  The Doctor has travelled through a dark tunnel and is starting to see the light at the end.He is healing but there is pain in the healing and acceptance that things end. Poor Doctor. I am glad he has Nardole because if nothing else he should be entertaining. Also I saw and applauded Meryl Streep’s speech- You go girl! Trumps response that she is over-rated would be insulting if it wasn’t so laughable and wrong.

winston @winston

@thane15   Sorry about that above, I forgot the 15. Hi to you and Mum from very cold and snowy Canada.It is -7 C  and my feet are freezing. I hope it is warmer there but not too hot. Too bad we couldn’t trade just a little bit of weather eh.

Missy @missy

Too saw the Streep speech and the clip of Trump mocking the journalist – what a moron. Over rated my eye! She was damned good as Maggie Thatcher, unlike Colin Firth as George the 6th.- I mean his looks, not his acting.

As for the Doctor, he lost Clara twice and River, it’s no wonder he is so sad. The shot of him in the Tardis, shirt undone, eyes red ringed, was heart breaking. Only DT could have done it as well. Correction, almost as well.

Missy

soundworld @soundworld

@thane15

during heightened emotion and pain, everything is jangly and colourful; one’s eyes hurt either from crying or trying not to. Events either speed up or slow down; they catapult into one another until you either hide or face what’s in front of you.

Spot on, and thats the place I’ve been in and am finally moving out of, having spent several years ‘facing up’ to what was in front of me (and you can’t see it until you remove the blinkers and open your eyes).   You expressed it perfectly – you write so well (both!).  My health has been slowly improving as I come through this phase of the journey.  Thank you.

I’ve written before that this last few seasons of Dr has had so much resonance for me. The wounded healer and all that.

ichabod @ichabod

@soundworld  Sounds as if some heaviness is lightening up for you — for me, too, anent health issues; the new year looks better in that respect (if few others), so, cheers!  And yes, the darkness in the stories is crucial to the lightness.  Part of what’s shown there is that coming up from the depths for clean, bright air isn’t always just a matter of changed circumstances; it can also be a matter of courage.

The Doctor is always about courage, I think because so rarely carries weapons (I think this is why viewers get uneasy when the sonic screwdriver is used too heavy-handedly in DW stories).  He can’t resort to big guns, or super-powers to overcome bad guys or bad events because he doesn’t have any super-powers (or guns), apart from his intelligence and a limited form of immortality granted to him by the TLs (not inherent in the Doctor himself, have I got that right?).

In the most important way, he’s not alien at all, but just like us: losses and failures afflict him, and he suffers (really — no shouting “NOOOOOO!!!” at the sky, glaring at the floor for a minute, and then zooming back to *real* stuff like blowing things up — you’re right, some things that hurt, hurt hard, very hard.).  He grieves, he mourns, but he pulls himself out of it and goes on about his Doctor-job of saving people where he can.  When you’re sunk in darkness, it takes courage to keep believing in light, letting it in so you can move, act, respond to necessities outside of your own miserable feelings.   Well; these recent seasons have resonated round here, too.

@thane15  Streep was grand; donald continues to be vile.  She was talking about that light, wasn’t she?  In darkening times.  He doesn’t talk about it; he and his cronies *are* the darkness.  He denies, by the way, that he mocked that journalist.  Doesn’t matter that it’s out there on film; it never happened, because he says so.

Yuck, enough of that; hugs to your mum and to you, because we can all use hugs.

Anonymous @

@soundworld

That was mum (I typed: getting good at it). She was permitting me to type something on facebook today. I don’t have my own account. I should look into that. In about 10 years!

I’m glad your health is improving. Health and sickness come in waves or surges I think.

@ichabod

Mum couldn’t stop listening to Streep’s speech. We had to all watch it like 5 times. I liked how she had her ‘notes’ but didn’t really use them. How actors can stand in front of other actors and talk so well is amazing.

Agree with the Doctor as experiencing human traits? He’s alien but he isn’t. He’s tough but also ‘soft’ -if that’s the word.

I think he’s more like us than we know. And in this episode we saw that clearly.

Thank you

Anonymous @

@soundworld I just got hit upside the head (not really. but close). The “wounded healer” (forgot to mention that you see).

Mum likes that. I’m trying to work out what a wounded healer is. Apparently Mum has this concept under control.

So: We’re are many of us, wounded and thru the wounds comes the healing. A doctor, say, in Scotland, heals without using his wounds. It’s a vertical set of steps. A different healer, Doctor 12 (and also 11) heals more than the body. Heals his mind. In experiencing his own emotional illness or physical illness he then connects the wounds of others to their more positive actions. He doesn’t correct their direction or personal plague but allows their direction to unfold thus  healing themselves.

Missy @missy

Interesting posts, I’ve enjoyed reading them.

I mentioned a while ago, that this Doctor is more Human than the others, which I think is his appeal. Granted he doesn’t write the words, but he executes them beautifully.

As for the ‘moron’ he’s a joke, but a dangerous one.

Missy

ichabod @ichabod

@thane15  He doesn’t correct their direction or personal plague but allows their direction to unfold thus healing themselves.

I think I understand it (“the wounded healer”) a bit differently.  On one level, this is another angle on “Doctor, heal thyself”– the fact it’s possible to be deeply and inconsolably injured oneself, but a genius at healing anybody *but* the self.  Hugh Laurie’s Dr. Gregory House is a good example of this idea.  He’s a Sherlock Holmes of medicine –picking up clues no one else does — but he has an incurable flaw.  House’s is his very bad bad leg and the drug habit it forces him into; the Doctor’s is that while a nominative “Time Lord”, he’s also Time’s victim, his temporary victories backgrounded by loss after loss after loss.  Sherlock’s is the propensity for boredom that leads him to using coke.

But I think the “wounded healer” is also the healer who knows, from personal experience, that sometimes the best cure is obtained by getting out of the way and permitting the patient’s body (or mind) to heal itself the best way it knows how, which is what you said in your post above.  I like your phrasing, that “through the wounds comes the healing.”  Do you know the songs of Leonard Cohen,sometimes called the Canadian Bob Dylan?  A quote from one of his songs: “There is a crack in everything; that’s how the light gets in.”

Anonymous @

@ichabod

Well halloo (I’m typing for Mum. Again).

Yes to the ‘wounded healer’

best cure is obtained by getting out of the way and permitting the patient’s body (or mind) to heal itself the best way it knows how =correction.

Leonard Cohen. Yes a very inspiring artist. Actually Thane knows his stuff (and he died) and Mum has pretty much every vinyl (what the hell’s that?) he ever put together.

For some reason (Thane again) she’s been telling me ALL DAY about a record (?) called Kind of Blue. She thinks this is the best album ever made. I mean ever.

This is not relevant to your post. I can see that now.  Oops.

Thank you for reading.

🙂

ichabod @ichabod

@thane15   “Kind of Blue”  is a Cohen record, isn’t it?  And if anybody knew the mythology of the “wounded healer”, Cohen did.  So as far as I’m concerned, you’re right on topic still.  And I’ll have to find that record and listen to it myself (tell your mum thanks for the tip about that).  I’ve probably heard some of the songs from it, but not the whole thing, as I think I’d remember.

Well.  Maybe not . . . I barely recognize the world these days.  Huge changes are just beginning to surface, and I’m a stranger here already.  Wish I could hop into my TARDIS and take off for other planets!  Oh well, the Doctor will do that for us, in April, I hear.  Sounds good to me!

Anonymous @

@ichabod

I’m fairly sure it’s Miles Davis. That’s what Mum said but then she’s pretty crazy today.

ichabod @ichabod

@thane15  Then let’s let it rest there, shall we?  If it’s Davis, I’m off the court — I am pretty much deaf to most jazz; my loss.

Anonymous @

@ichabod

Ah, but jazz! (I’m typing for Mum who was writing a lettr and checking correspondence). Miles Davis is apparently very good. Mum used to love jazz and attend every jazz and blues bar in NY and then in Sydney when she could. It’s not for me. Although I love Eva Cassidy.

Be-bop’s another jazz ‘type’ she mentioned (genre of jazz?)  and that’s tricky and unpredictable.

Mum might get me to put jazz on the music thread tomorrow.

soundworld @soundworld

@ichabod @thane15

Kind of Blue is most definitely Miles Davis. But Cohen has plenty to offer this discussion (‘<i>Everybody knows that the dice are loaded</i>’).  Goodness, the internet has so changed music! In my mid 20s I started listening to a weekly jazz programme here, the presenter played lots of world music and world-jazz too which I just loved.  However, this was 20 years ago and it wasn’t until after a few years that I was able to search out and finally get the CDs – I’d built up a long list in the meantime!

ichabod, thank you for the post earlier. I wish you well with health issues too.  For me its definitely been a case of courage, and required constant mental focus to keep facing the darkness. Its most definitely working as things are definitely lightening up 🙂 I don’t want to hijack the thread with these issues however, it was just to show how much our Dr’s journey had resonated with my own.  His humanity, as you and @missy observed.

I think you both have it right.  The wounded healer refers psychologically to the capacity “to be at home in the darkness of suffering and there to find germs of light and recovery with which, as though by enchantment, to bring forth Asclepius, the sunlike healer  …It is only by being willing to face, consciously experience and go through our wound that we receive its blessing”.  As you quoted, “There is a crack in everything; that’s how the light gets in.”

Thane, just for your comment about vinyl, I’m going to go play some… Its funny how the scratches become part of the music.  A bit like our ‘cracks’ and wounded bits all being part of the tapestry.

Missy @missy

@soundworld:  My best wishes for your health problems. I don’t know why it is, but The Doctor always makes me feel better, I leave him with a smile.

@ichabod: I hope you are bearing up. I have meant to ask you before. Also, I don’t care for any kind of JAZZ either, or Rap for that matter.

Missy

winston @winston

@ichabod   I admit to “self medicating” with Doctor Who. Depending on my emotinal need at the time I play different episodes to either soothe, calm, inspire or simply cheer me. The Christmas specials I save for the season to put me in the spirit and this one did that for me. There was enough fun to make me happy and although parts are sad the Doctor once again inspires me. Like the Doctor I will put on a brave face and hope the rest of me catches up.

ichabod @ichabod

@missy  Thanks for your good wishes — I’m finishing up these health things, and have a physical therapist giving me exercises for the recalcitrant leg, so I expect to be planted more solidly again by the time the next wave of whatever hits.

@winston   Mmm, yes; I like to add a glass of nice red to that particular medicine.  It’s amazing that this character can be inspiring and encouraging for kids, as he’s always been — and thanks to being “grown up” some by Moffat, has been able to something very similar (and just as important in such times) for adults.  I trust Moffat & crew to come up with the right balance for 2017 (well, to have come up with — they’re well into the shooting schedule for the season, or beyond it by now, aren’t they?).  *Everybody* is going to need all the comfort and inspiration we can find, I think, for staggering mash-ups of alarming reasons.

Our local Circus of Evil Clowns grows more chaotic and unstable by the moment, and judging by the international news it’s hardly unique — just louder, and dumber, and covered in gold plating . . . Nero?  Caligula?  Too soon to tell, but I’m betting Nero.  Meanwhile, I’m reading about near-death experiences (which this feels a bit like, frankly).

Gonna need me some Doctor long before April!  Thank goodness for DVDs, during the wait.  Where the Hell are my Golden Years?  I want my money back!!

Missy @missy

@winston: That’s what I do. If I want a laugh, I watch The Caretaker or Robots of Sherwood, and any of the DT/MS or CE epidsodes which apply.  If I want bitter sweet, it’s Husbands/The Raven/Heaven Sent/Hell bent, and now with both in Doctor Mysterio.

@ichabod: Well, I hope to goodness nothing else hits! As for Golden years, I’m with you. do you think the powers that be will agree to a refund?

Chins up

Missy

MissRori @missrori

Wow, interesting conversation about the Doctor and his sorrow.  I know I’m deeply affected by the wounds he has in his hearts and the cruelty he has experienced — look how much I wrote over in the “Hell Bent” thread!  And I still haven’t brought myself to watch and cope with the feels in certain Series 8 episodes…especially the finale.  I’ll get to them eventually, I think.  It took me a long time to cope with “Logopolis” back in the day!  😉

I hope he does find more light in Series 10!  We all need it now.  In my case, I’m full of anxiety and frustration, but in my physical world — as opposed to the online one — I don’t have anyone to talk to about it, as my views are not the majority.  (sigh)

Missy @missy

@missrori:  You have us m’dear. Talk away.

Missy

ichabod @ichabod

@soundworld  You’re entirely welcome, and here’s a thing, if I may, that I learned from a good friend and colleague (someone with some chronic conditions stemming from childhood illness).  You’ve been brave; you know you’ve been brave, although you probably don’t like to talk about it.  You know (I think) that’s it’s a choice.  Give Yourself A Medal.  Really: a small reward in recognition of every redoubt you take, because you’ve earned it: a book you’ve had you’re eye on, a better watch instead of your old Timex, a meal with a couple of friends in a really good restaurant, or take out at home), a subscription to a special magazine.  I think we decent people tend to shy away from this sort of thing out of modesty, or overly-idealistic standards they set for themselves.  Give yourself a token to mark such an occasion.  The world sure isn’t fair, and the awards it offers are too few, often miss-matched to the accomplishment being recognized, or compromised in some ways.

We need to give ourselves awards; to be fair, at least, to ourselves.  I say this as someone who always has to be reminded about this.  My friend reminds me.  Maybe you already know this, and do it, in which case — a friend is reminding you, that’s all.

@missy  Oh, a refund, yes!  By all means!  Only over the PTB office door (or the desk of what my sister refers to as “the Lousy Being”) is a sign, “No returns, to refunds, no do-overs, no more” (at least as I see it in my mind).  So I’ll head for to the “Menu Choices for Your Next Life — no Guarantees, but Decent Chances” office, where various mobs of discarnate old pals spin nets of the planned futures they propose . . .

Or — something Completely Different!  Bring it on, but not yet — I’m not going *anywhere* until after S10, and S11 if CapDoc is still flying the Tardis (or being flown around by her).  Giddy-up, for all our sakes — the world hurts.  We need our Doctor!

Also, silly puss cats help, if that can be managed.

Missy @missy

@ichabod:

Why couldn’t I have said that? You are a tonic ici, a real tonic! Like you, I refuse to go anywhere until after the Doctor has called – hopefully twice more, or mayhap, if we are very, very lucky, thrice more?

Puss cats, worth their weight in gold.

Missy

ichabod @ichabod

@missy  — My pleasure, as always.  Puss cats agree (which is rare among that species, to be honest); tomorrow is another — WOW!  What was *that*, that just zipped by?  I expect to become more cat-like over the next 4 yrs; one of my personal forms of resistance.  I have good teachers.

Missy @missy

@ichabod: The thing about dogs – of whom I am a great fan – is that they love you no matter what sort of scumbag you are. Cats, are far more decerning. If you win their affection you are blessed indeed.

April is toooooooooo far away!

Missy

ichabod @ichabod

@missy   I’ve had both, often at the same time (you know that thing where your dog stands there looking up at you imploringly because the new kitten is clinging enthusiastically, with all its miniature and needle sharp, teeth and claws, to one of her back feet?).  Love ’em both.

janetteB @janetteb

A home without pets is just a house. Though I often suspect that the cat and us humans share the same space. He does not consider himself one of the family. He does get distressed if we go away though. Cats aren’t demonstrative like dogs so it is harder to gauge how they feel. A one thousand dollar vet bill because the cat was distressed does send a less than subtle message however.

But back to Doctor Who, and I really can’t think of any way of connecting cats and dogs to the Doctor, not without a lot of caffeine anyway. I have not commented yet on the special so here goes. I enjoyed it. Circumstances made a lightweight, happy story the more appreciated. It was just what I needed after well, a minor drama. The episode was medicinal. Last Christmas remains my favourite of the Christmas Specials and I think that one will be hard to beat but all in all, in terms of scripting and production I thought Doctor Mysterio was a 9/10. The boys enjoyed it. No complaints about the story “not making sense” or logical flaws. (R.2. is a harsh critic.) There were illusions to weighter matter, the deaths of River Song and Clara but the tone remained light. The episode creates a break from the heavier matters of the last series and THoRS and the new series setting up for a “fresh start”.

Cheers

Janette

Missy @missy

@janetteb;

The Last Christmas had excellent emotional content and value, but not my favourite. Husbands of River Song is.

This special is all about the Doctor and his love for River, even though she’s sure he doesnt, and her realisation that he does care for her. I found it funny, sad and bitter sweet, setting up Doctor Mysterio beautifully.

@ichabod:

No, I haven’t experienced the “dog versus kitten” episode, but dog versus puppy? Yes!

As soon as I read “(you know that thing where your dog stands there looking up at you imploringly because the new kitten is clinging enthusiastically, with all its miniature and needle sharp, teeth and claws, to one of her back feet?).  Love ’em both.

I swear I could see that look in my minds eye and chuckled. Only a dog can look at you like that. Mind you, they are great con artists too. Animals are definately my favourite mammal.

Blimey! What a threadnap! Sorry.

Missy

ichabod @ichabod

@missy   Oh yeah, anyone who’s seen it knows that desperate, wall-eyed stare by heart.  I was thinking about how the only “animal companion” the Doctor has ever had, that I can remember anyway, is — K-9.  Of course he can’t lug a dog around with him in the Tardis — a cat would be okay if the Tardis would consent to have mice for it to hunt and eat.  Nobody takes their pug up Everest with them . . . one of the costs of adventuring, like not having close ties with parents (or parents at all, sometimes) if you’re the protagonist of a YA fantasy adventure tale . . . But having no animal company?  Unless we human companions occupy that space (“See those people?  You’re the puppy”).  Still sometimes an open question, to me.

I used to see a young man, a German national by his accent, who’d be sitting in a local mid-level restaurant that I frequented, usually chatting with another guy seated next to him about hiking in Nepal, or the shortest way to hitch hike between this and that African town.  Then I began to see him there by himself, reading a magazine, looking around . . . I haven’t seen him lately.  He’s not so young any more, if he’s still around.  I’ve run into the type before: very impatient, very energetic, willing to give up everything to be away, chasing — that adrenaline rush?  The xxx that nobody else has ever seen before?  It’s a foreign mindset to me.

With the Doctor, there’s a whole different thing going on, if we take him at his word — not to put himself in danger and test himself against great odds for the thrill of victory (or just survival), but going where his restless and intense curiosity (and the compliant Tardis) take him.  For the beauty of it, sometimes.  I don’t think that German guy would spend more than a half an hour in Derillium, myself, singing towers or no singing towers.  As for the Doctor — well, he had very good company for his 24 year night.

janetteB @janetteb

@ichabod I am both the traveller, always impatient to be off adventuring and the home person, which is not a good combination. Right now I am hoping that the boys will stay around for a few more years so that I can have both, freedom to travel and commitment to pets and garden and library. We were fortunate when offered the year in Sweden that our cat had just died otherwise I probably would have had to say no.

The appeal of a stint away in the Tardis is that one can return in time to feed the pets, provided the Doctor gets the settings right. Clara was a stay at home, go adventuring type for a while, maintaining job and commitments. Amy and Rory tried but found it was not sustainable. I rather hope Bill will be a permanent Tardis resident, not because it is better or worse but simply time for change. IT would be interesting to introduce a pet onto the Tardis. The Doctor has taken horses into the Tardis, or at least one horse and one Zygon horse.

Cheers

Janette

ichabod @ichabod

@janetteb  A Zygon horse?!  How did I miss that?  Yes, on getting back in time to feed the pets, though actually I think the Tardis could be trusted to make sure they got food, water, and exercise even over and extended absence (like when the Tardis got stuck in London and then grabbed by Clara so the Doctor looked for it for a long time before she returned it to him).

I was an enthusiastic traveler for many years; now, not so much, as I have not trusted companion whose company I could stand for long in that situation.  I’d like to travel with my sister, but she’s got health issues worse than my own minor ones, so . . . I dunno.  A time may yet come when I want to do that again.

Meantime, the Doctor travels for me.  He goes to very interesting places, so that’s fine.

MissRori @missrori

@janetteb, in the comic strip featured in Doctor Who Adventures — the kid-friendly tie-in magazine, as opposed to the more adult-oriented Doctor Who Magazine — Twelve is currently traveling with an alien, talking, even flying horse as a companion!

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

It was a gag in the 50th Anniversary episode. He brings Queen Elizabeth and her horse into the TARDIS, thinking Queen Liz is the Zygon spy. It’s the horse. 🙂

janetteB @janetteb

@missrory A talking flying horse would be an interesting companion indeed. IT does sound rather D&D. My partner once teamed up with an androsphinx in a campaign.

Cheers

Janette

janetteB @janetteb

Oops sorry. Not paying attention. @missrori

Cheers

Jsnette

ichabod @ichabod

@bluesqueakpip   Well, that’ll teach me — the old memory is just not what it used to be, not even just last week . . . Thanks!

RorySmith @rorysmith

I’ve let this stew a few months and I have to point out yet another loose end that could be wrapped up in the future.

The Doctor was installing what on a roof in New York?

A device that could possibly affect distortions in time so the Tardis could return to the stream with Amy and Rory?

Not that it will happen but look how desperate he is to get back to them. He said many times in the last two seasons how he is very persistent. The Mummy episode at the end and especially Heaven sent. I don’t think many people thought of this

Mudlark @mudlark

@rorysmith

Welcome back.

I don’t think many people thought of this

See my post #55029 above 🙂

Missy @missy

@rorysmith:

No, I thought that he simply wanted to put right the problem he caused in Manhattan. but I could be mistaken.

Missy

Viewing 44 posts - 51 through 94 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.