Mentions
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
SatsumaJoe replied to the topic S33 (7) 13 – Nightmare in Silver
@ardaraith @Miapatrick Interesting. Perhaps it’s slightly different as, even with that ability, Melody/River was originally human? Or, well, she just wasn’t bothered! A young ‘Time Lady’ with no real sense of what […]
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
Miapatrick replied to the topic S33 (7) 13 – Nightmare in Silver
@ardaraith– ah, I get you. But I interpreted the idea of timelords ‘apprehension’ to regenerate, and it being a ‘more fundamental process than just changing shape’ to mean the end of one personality to make way […]
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
HTPBDET replied to the topic S33 (7) 13 – Nightmare in Silver
@ardaraith True enough. although, interestingly, the only other woman we have seen regenerate had much the same attitude: see Romana in Destiny of the Daleks. 🙂
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
ScaryB replied to the topic S33 (7) 13 – Nightmare in Silver
Hmmm @Ardaraith
Romana also went through a few potential regens before she settled on one. Maybe it’s an extra talent that only female Timelords have?
🙂
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
HTPBDET replied to the topic Doctor Who news
@ardaraith Moffat likes to repeat himself with variations. 🙂
@ScaryB I thought the prequel was set in their joint memories – intimitng that there might be a frozen in time moment as […]
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
Miapatrick replied to the topic S33 (7) 13 – Nightmare in Silver
@ardaraith– I don’t know. I saw some difference between ‘Mels’ and ‘River’. They shared traits, which they would, having at that point exactly the same memories, but I do think they were different ‘people’, and […]
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
PhaseShift replied to the topic On the sofa
@wolfweed. Laughed at the picture. Matt looks hilarious. Poor Catherine though. She’s rumoured to have stuggled with her body image in the past. Being cast as the Hulk?
@ardaraith, don’t worry, I got a bit […]
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
thommck replied to the topic S33 (7) 13 – Nightmare in Silver
@ardaraith @thommck @JimTheFish @Bluesqueakpip, I’m in agreement with @Craig. Looks like 10 regenerating. Why it was included and not on others is another (probably equally unimportant)
question! -
13 years, 4 months ago - View
Craig replied to the topic S33 (7) 13 – Nightmare in Silver
@ardaraith @thommck @JimTheFish @Bluesqueakpip
I was quite excited about this but, boringly, when you watch it again (it’s at 18:16 on iPlayer) I think it’s just Tennant regenerating, as viewed from above, with […]
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
ScaryB replied to the topic S33 (7) 13 – Nightmare in Silver
@ardaraith You did indeed, and many thanks for it, I’d missed it.
While I’d agree that key plot points unlikely to be hidden in a prequel, rather than main show, it underlines a lot of the main things we’ve […]
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
HTPBDET commented on the post, Cybermen, Emotions and Nightmare in Silver
@Ardaraith Yes, you are right, the dialogue does make it hard, but not all of those lines you mention are necessarily emotive. “Just you try and stop me” for instance could be a classic no emotion delivery.
We […]
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
SatsumaJoe replied to the topic On the sofa
@ardaraith I am indeed! Our take on the Lake District 🙂 Been to Errigal years ago, gorgeous place.
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
WhoHar replied to the topic Website comments
Would it be an idea to have a username that alerts the whole board – eg @all, @board. That way it would make it easier for announcements (eg @ardaraith‘s spoiler alert) to be broadcast via email to […]
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
WhoHar replied to the topic On the sofa
@ardaraith, @PhaseShift @everyone_else_on_the_board
You know what’d be f’in hilarious – if you couldn’t watch the last episode on that dvd without having a passcode that you could only get from watching the […]
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
ScaryB replied to the topic On the sofa
@JimtheFish – are you sure they only finished filming the finale that recently, was it not the 50th? And yes, thanks @ardaraith for the prompt warning
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
PhaseShift replied to the topic On the sofa
Thanks @ardaraith
I’ve just posted it on the Guardian as well (attributed to you) as a last comment before shutting down that blog. I’m astonished that has happened.
My everlasting thanks for the prompt […]
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
PhaseShift replied to the topic Doctor Who news
That’s shocking. What a cock up. As I’ve warned people to keep out of here do you want to post a general warning on the Sofa about that?
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
ScaryB replied to the topic S33 (7) 13 – Nightmare in Silver
@ardaraith I agree with you re 13/14 year old girls. I thought the script nailed it! Kids themselves were a bit stage-school but OK, especially as they were lobotomised for most of it 😉 Oh for a real life […]
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
HTPBDET replied to the topic S33 (7) 12 – The Crimson Horror
@Bluesqueakpip. @ardaraith. @thommck
I would not get too concerned. I am sure it is managed information which will fit in with actuality but is designed to send us all into a spin.
On the other hand….
-
13 years, 4 months ago - View
Bluesqueakpip replied to the topic S33 (7) 12 – The Crimson Horror
@ardaraith – got caught by it as well (just before @thommck posted) when I was checking for Saturday’s broadcast time. Folks, avoid the Radio Times site if you’re avoiding spoilers. The dratted thing’s on the […]
- Load More


