Mentions
-
9 years, 12 months ago - View
blenkinsopthebrave replied to the topic Dr Who News (4)
Thanks for the link to the Pearl Mackie interview. It still seems like an eternity to the new episodes, and one gratefully grabs at whatever crumbs drop from the table. So, did we find out anything about the character of Bill? Apparently,
She’s funny and geeky and vulnerable. There’s a goofiness to her and a big heart. She…
-
10 years ago - View
janetteB replied to the topic Dr Who News (4)
@toinfinityandbepond Indeed thanks for the news. Something to tide us over until next year.. Will be nice to return to Coal Hill, where it all began. I do hope we get to finally meet Ian again or at least to find out a little more about him.
Cheers
Janette
-
10 years, 5 months ago - View
Missy replied to the topic Dr Who News (4)
Interesting, thank you.
I also had to smile at the 10 things Americans like about we British. In particular the way we take the micky out of ourselves.
Cheers,
Missy
-
10 years, 6 months ago - View
Missy replied to the topic Dr Who News (4)
-
10 years, 8 months ago - View
winston replied to the topic On The Sofa (7)
@pedant @sirclockface @puroandson Watched and loved Arthur singing. Broke out in giggles a few times. Thanks for the giggle.
@toinfinityandbepond I watched the first episode and it seems pretty good. Love the long coat and time machine.
-
10 years, 8 months ago - View
OB-Wan replied to the topic On The Sofa (7)
Where he plays a “Time Master” in a stolen time machine, wearing a very long coat.
Spot on. Although I missed the detail that the time machine was stolen.
You see, I’m familiar with the character – Rip Hunter, Time Master – from the old 60’s comics. But I can’t claim to remember much about it, except that I enjoyed the s…[Read more]
-
10 years, 9 months ago - View
tardigrade replied to the topic The Husbands Of River Song
River asks how did he get another regeneration, and The Doctor says “a thing happened”
Question, does he remember?I didn’t think there was a suggestion he’d forgotten- only that it would be complex to explain (and of no benefit in moving the story forward for him to do so).
-
10 years, 10 months ago - View
Josh replied to the topic Heaven Sent
Assuming the theory that we’re seeing the events of this series in an alternate order from the Doctor is experiencing them, I cannot wait to go back for a re-watch in the “correct” order. Knowing the “oh, that’s what that line/look meant” in relation to some of the Doctor’s asides with Clara would be fantastic.
It occurred to me…
-
10 years, 10 months ago - View
IAmNotAFishIAmAFreeMan replied to the topic General Open Thread – TV Shows (2)
Watched the first couple of eps (not had time for more). Lovin’ the proper grasp of Noir.
-
10 years, 11 months ago - View
blenkinsopthebrave replied to the topic BBC Approved Spoilers
BBC APPROVED SPOILERS...
-
11 years ago - View
blenkinsopthebrave replied to the topic General Open Thread – TV Shows (2)
For @toinfinityandbepond and @mudlark
-
11 years ago - View
blenkinsopthebrave replied to the topic Series 9 (or 35) Prologue
@mudlark. Oh, I don’t know. There might be something in @toinfinityandbepond‘s idea. There is something rather appealing about the thought of Frankie Howerd’s Lurcius interacting with Peter Capaldi’s Caecilius…
Indeed, the Doctor’s new face might be result of one one of Frankie Howerd’s cringe-worthy double entendres. The more I think about the…[Read more]
-
11 years ago - View
Mudlark replied to the topic Series 9 (or 35) Prologue
@toinfinityandbepond I sincerely hope not. If it is an ‘Up Pompeii’ type prologue, then there will be an interruption as soon as Saturday’s episode starts, and we will never learn what the story was supposed to be about 😉
-
12 years, 3 months ago - View
Arbutus replied to the topic Doctor Who News (3)
@blenkinsopthebrave Win nothing… well, it beats not winning anything, which is my usual tactic!
@toinfinityandbepond I had a “round tuit” fridge magnet once… it didn’t work.
-
12 years, 3 months ago - View
Whisht replied to the topic Doctor Who News (3)
btw can I just say… @Blenkinsopthebrave – love the commercial!
@toinfinityandbepond – nice 🙂
and @ScaryB – don’t ever do that again.
That image has spoilers.Its spoiled my eyes and my sleep.
I now can’t get flying rock heads, grain, and mainly that crotch out of my mind.
-
12 years, 3 months ago - View
The Krynoid Man replied to the topic On The Sofa (5)
@toinfinityandbepond I thought she didn’t do nude scenes.
-
12 years, 4 months ago - View
blenkinsopthebrave replied to the topic General Open Thread – TV Shows
whoops!
What can I say that adequately responds to my hideously embarassing error? Under the circumstances, it will have to be the following:
There is a great sequence of dialogue in “Letter to Three Wives” (1949) where a character is addressing Kirk Douglas, who plays a school teacher, only to realise he has made a…[Read more]
-
12 years, 5 months ago - View
ScaryB replied to the topic General Open Thread – TV Shows
@toinfinityandbepond @Whisht @Phaseshift
Thanks for the headsup about Orphan Black (and likewise, I haven’t seen any advance info about it)
I missed the last 3 episodes cos iplayer screwed up; opened it for first time in ages and discovered it’s automatically downloaded all 10 episodes 😀 And some series 6 Dr Who as well.
<Happy happy ScaryB!!> -
12 years, 5 months ago - View
Whisht replied to the topic General Open Thread – TV Shows
@toinfinityandbepond – thankyou!!!!
I’d somehow missed the completely non-existent BBC trailers!!!
Why are they not previewing this show??!?
or is it normal to leave it to a week away (or, has this airing slipped?)
either way, thanks for the heads up!!
(am I sounding overexcited?)
-
12 years, 9 months ago - View
thommck replied to the topic The Day of the Doctor
@eloise, the Sonic Screwdriver has been explained a lot on this forum already, I suggest you look back on some of the older comments if you want to know all the details.
Basically, the screwdriver’s operating system is the same, and most likely is run in the TARDIS. It’s only the casing that changes.
@toinfinityandbepond Love the “Trigger’s…[Read more]
- Load More


