Website comments (2)

Home Forums General Website comments (2)

This topic contains 704 replies, has 84 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 705 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous @

@craig I’m not really in favour but I totally get it: majority votes?

I’ll be happy either way.

Shame that these nutters have to affect our comms though, no?

Puro

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@craig

Given that we’ve had a rash of these things, I’m in favour of shutting it down temporarily. I have used the PM function, but hopefully a temporary complete stop will lead our little romance scammers to find easier pastures.

Hopefully pastures that have really huge and sloppy cow pats.

Anonymous @

@craig

Mr emperor, Mum may not agree but the hybrid is split!

I think you should shut it down if necessary (I saw this as I was using the computer for some study as the school one died on me -well, I killed it, actually). If its temporary then the spammers will simply have to find another place to play. It happens on my PS Call of Duty chat site and on instagram and is dicking annoying.

But I think you should do it.

Thank you,

Son of Puro

Arbutus @arbutus

@craig          Personally, they don’t bother me especially. I just delete them and carry on. That being said, I’m in favour of whatever makes things easier for you and the other mods. No one wants this site to be a lot of work for you!

CedarBranchTardis @cedarbranchtardis

I told one I was 67 and had been happily married for over 43 years. Maybe I should have added I’m also flat broke.

DoctorDani @doctordani

Yeah, I’m fine with shutting it down for a while too. Even if I’ve never felt so popular with young women as heterosexual female before.

Missy @missy

Yes, Craig I’m in favour too – go for it.

Cheers,

Missy

TheDentistOfDavros @thedentistofdavros

@craig

I have never actually received or sent any messages ,other than those that are causing all this trouble, so I would not mind if you shut it down for a bit. I understand some people find this very useful but I don’t think it would hurt to much if you disabled it for a wee bit. Just my opinion but it’s really up to you!

winston @winston

@craig    I have no problems with you shutting it off for a while. I hope it helps.

janetteB @janetteb

@craig Whatever you feel is necessary. I do like to have the ability to PM people occasionally but it isn’t essential.

Sigh. I suppose I should do some “housekeeping” and clean out my PMs. I have been avoiding it but see from Email that I have been receiving a few of late.

Cheers

Janette

Whisht @whisht

For what it’s worth @craig, yep kill th PM function as it seems more hassle for you (at least for now).

I guess what they do is register then pm the most recent posters.

Maybe I’m just feeling lonely therefore for posting this particular post….

@craig

Random thought: is it possible to set up a under class that doesn’t get full privileges (including PM), until say, they have made 15 posts?

SFFChronilces has something like that, whereby you can’t post links until you’ve made 15 posts.

Anonymous @

@pedant

that idea sounds awesome. I never thought you could do that. But then I don’t understand basic electricity!  🙂

I imagine it might be a lot of work, though?

Missy @missy

@pedant

It’s a thought. Unfortunarely I am like puro where electronics is concerned.

cheers,

Missy

Pharell, Man! @pharellman

Why not all episodes are in “Tenth Doctor” section?

Anonymous @

@conchobarre

Hallo! I think I noticed you were a new member and so I wanted to welcome you. Shame that one of  your first entries into this great Forum was with some weird advertising. <<*\*>>

A few months ago I received a ‘great’ email asking me if I wanted a massage and to be rich. 🙂

Hilarious. I mean the massage bit would have been great but generally I like to know my masseuse!

Also, I like your moniker. Is conchobarre something your deliberately chose as a historical name or as a meme?

Kindest,

Puro and Son

Anonymous @

@puroandson

Thanks for your message! I’m not quite sure how to tag you here, so hopefully you see this.

Well I’ve been comforted to find that random offers of massages and intimate encounters aren’t regular feature of this site!

My moniker came about because many years ago I was desperate to find an ebay username that didn’t have to involve numbers. I randomly chose an ‘Irish’ name in honour of my Irish grandad. I’m actually Australian.

Anonymous @

@conchobarre

Welcome again! I too am an Aussie from Brisbane. Great Forum this -we talk about everything from books and publication, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, parenting styles and poetry. Oh, and music 🙂

I think that as Doctor Who approaches -next year – 🙁   the conversation will return to be all about the Doctor.

Yes, I know about the occasional massage ‘invitations’ -but I find it goes thru stages. Usually there are almost no comments or emails of that type at all.  Thank goodness.

Kindest, Puro and Son (we are Puro and Puricle -the hybrid)

Anonymous @

It seems like a brilliant place to hang out. But I’m still trying to work it out. Does general chat about Doctor Who and other things go in On the Sofa?

Also, I’ve been wondering if we can comment on the blogs? I’ve got a question for @denvaldron about his excellent fan film blog.

Anonymous @

@conchobarre

Yes, go to the Blogs and visit them via the Home Page. So scroll up the page till you see ‘Home’ ‘Activity’ etc. Click on home and it will take you to the name of the recent Dr Who episodes and also the ‘extras’ like *music *the Pub (Fox Inn) *The Sofa and *music or *related books and TV threads.

If you also scroll down that page you’ll see the activity on the Blogs -underneath the blog name you’ll see the author (Den Valdron) so click on the Blog he’s recently written and you’ll be taken to that page where you can post a blog comment.

The Fox Inn is great for more serious discussions whilst The Sofa is a bit more light hearted and for new members to introduce themselves speaking about their favourite Doctor and actually there’s also a thread for Companions and Faces of the Doctor where you can post your own comments about the favourites you have.

I hope this helps

PuroSolo

Anonymous @

@Conchobarre but yes The Sofa is a place for you to generally and briefly discuss Dr Who. If you have a  long post referring to a particular recent episode, you’ll find that episode on the home page I mentioned. ‘Home’ is on the far left at the top of the page.

Puro

Anonymous @

Yes! Thank you that is actually really helpful. 🙂

@craig

Judging by the profile I don’t think Lesa Thomas is going to last long…

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@pedant Thanks. Dealt with.

Hello I was just wondering whether there will be another rewatching of a BG episode soon (we could have a vote for which one!) as I see there hasn’t been one for a while and I feel that we all need something to talk about whilst there aren’t any new episodes coming soon, if there’s a reason why there hasn’t been a rewatch for some time don’t worry I fully understand and am not hurrying anyone! Just thought it would be nice to start rewatching old episodes again!

Anonymous @

BG episode? (I tried looking it up and found 111 different definitions–which one did you have in mind?)

@stitchintime

On this forum it means “Before Gap” which means episodes before the show was cancelled. So basically any classic series stuff, new series episodes are known as AG episodes “After Gap”

This makes me think though, seen as there were two gaps 1989-1996 and 1996-2005 what does the Paul McGann movie classify as BG or AG, I would say BG but depends on which gap we’re talking about!

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@thedentistofdavros

what does the Paul McGann movie classify as BG or AG

It classifies as The Movie We Do Not Mention. 😀

Not Paul’s fault, of course. He gave a good performance in a rather dire script, and has since done great Eighth Doctor work for the Big Finish Audio series. But the Gap is 1989 to 2005, and I’d personally classify Paul McGann’s Doctor as the last of the BG Doctors. Certainly the Night of the Doctor minisode has a very ‘BG’ feel about it, stylistically.

Anonymous @

@thedentistofdavros
    Thank you for that. 🙂

Missy @missy

@stitchintime:

It was an awful film. Possibly not PM’s vault, but I don’t care for him anyway.

Missy

I haven’t watched the TV Movie for years, I’ve just got to many bad memories of it, but maybe I should give it another another chance I don’t think PM was particularly bad but the movie as whole was not for me.

I would love to see more of PM perhaps a spinoff with his Doctor would have been wiser than “Class” (which I’m not looking forward to)

For an idea of what BG episode to watch next I would say The Evil of the Daleks or Inferno

Anonymous @

I remember the movie as being good but not great.

@craig

Am thinking that [at]amitgupta10294 about the takeaway marketing opps presented here…

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Thanks @pedant. Dealt with as usual. Sorry, been busy recently and not very well either. Normal service will be resumed, but glad you keep me informed.

@craig

Cheers. Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous @

@craig
    I hope it’s nothing serious and that you will be back at the top of your game in no time. 🙂

Anonymous @

@craig

Wishes to you and your health from this side of the world. I was thinking about the summer weather you *should* be experiencing! I recall realising that as it was about 24 degrees over night  (a so called heat wave for the middle of Winter here!) and that you’d all benefit from some of our warmth. Maybe some sun will help!

Kindest from us, the Hybrid

Missy @missy

@craig

I too hope you will feel more yourself soon.

All the best

Missy

janetteB @janetteb

@craig I echo all the best of health wishes. Will be good to have you back with us again, when you are up to it and have time. In the meantime get as much rest as you can and take care of yourself.

Cheers

Janette

@craig

[at]anjalietrade – really e=wants stuff sent to India…

Missy @missy

@pedant

What? *scratches head*

Missy

Anonymous @

@pedant I know! I let @jimthefish know there’d been some action with @anjalietrade.

Poor @craig -there’s quite a few actually.

Anyway off to sleep. Over and oot!

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@pedant @puroandson Thanks. They’ve been dealt with. Please let me know of any more. I may not be able to react instantly at the mo (health wise much better but now kinda busy again), but will try to do so as soon as possible.

Craig

Anonymous @

“…wants stuff sent to India…”

Perhaps we could re-direct all our spam to India. 😉

@craig @jimthefish

We need a new pub! (clicking links to it goes straight to the first page, rather than the required link – always the first sign of the apocalypse).

It must surely be time for The Slaughtered Lamb.

ichabod @ichabod

@pedant   You’re proposing The Slaughtered Lamb as the name of the new pub?   Wow!  Bloodthirsty!  Located on a pirate coast, maybe — Penzance?  Or maybe The Regenerated Rabbit . . . ?

@ichabod

No, on the Yorkshire Moors where an unwary American is about to disregard advices to stay on the well worn path, before being attacked by a werewolf and moving to London.

ichabod @ichabod

@pedant  — Yeh, why I don’t travel much any more . . . damn werewolves, they’re everywhere!

@ichabod

Some context:

ichabod @ichabod

@pedant  Yup; those guys.  That’s them.  One worries.  (a little)

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 705 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.