General Open Thread – TV Shows (2)

Home Forums General General Open Thread – TV Shows (2)

This topic contains 876 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  wolfweed 1 week ago.

Viewing 27 posts - 851 through 877 (of 877 total)
  • Author
    Conchobarre @conchobarre

@missy  I thought I might get stuck into The Thick of It soon too. I need to get my Peter Capaldi fix somehow and I keep falling asleep during The  Musketeers.

Missy @missy

@ichabod;

How well you know me. *grins* Loving it.

@conchobarre:

I know what you mean. However I didn’t fall asleep during the Musketeers, my OH and I really like it. If you haven;t already, do try to see In the Loop – hilarious!

Missy

Laurence Wilson @laurencewilson

Can anyone help me, please? I’m looking for a decent image of the logo or emblem that the Daleks put on the Robomen in the Dalek Invasion of the Earth. They look like letters, spread across the chest and I think in other places in the story.
    Much appreciate any help.

Conchobarre @conchobarre

Hi all

Is there a place around here for spinoff shows (other than Class)? I thought I saw Sarah Jane and Torchwood forums here, but I could be wrong.  I ask because I’ve finally started watching Torchwood Season 3 and I’m getting excited about how much better it seems than the first two seasons.

Missy @missy

Has anyone been watching Ripper Street?

Missy

Missy @missy

We decided to re-watch Prime Suspect (Helen Mirren) the ther evening. Imagine our surprise when Peter Capaldi

took part as a Transvestite!  He looked wonderful, very attractive, but his nose was wrong.  No bump.

This actor is able to be completely different in every role he plays

Missy

Missy @missy

I gather that no one has seen this?

Missy

winston @winston

@missy  I did see this a few years back before I knew Peter Capaldi but I do remember the episode. I will most definately have a rewatch when I can get it at our library.Thanks for the heads up.

winston @winston

@missy  Sorry , I forgot to say that I watched all 5 seasons of Ripper Street and enjoyed all of them all. Every dark ,dreary alley way and all the colorful characters kept me entertained for the whole 5 seasons. I only wish they were making more.

Missy @missy

@winston:

I believe it’s series 3.  I wonder if he really sings too?

@winston:

Yes, me too. Just finished seeing Drake murdered.

Missy

wolfweed @wolfweed

Watched new comedy TimeWasters on ITV2 last night. The first episode is about a time-travelling lift and contains a Time Lord joke. The 2nd episode has a sly ‘Doomsday’ reference which made me smile.

tw

Tonight it’s new Red Dwarf on Dave…

Missy @missy

I thought this would be the right place to post.

Just now I watched clips of Peter Capaldi playing  Leonardo da Vinci. And  Machiavelli in “Who’s afraid of Machiavelli.”

Impressive and enjoylable.

Missy

wolfweed @wolfweed

Last night’s X-Files was quite guid….

Dam83 @damdam83

Hi i have a copy of the doctor who bluray season 1, but i nootice that the sides have been cut and it is not full 16:9 aspect ratio, it has small black bars at the side about 1cm from each side. But on the original air of the show, it was broadcast in 16:9 with not black bars, can anybody else confirm their bluray is also not 1080p 16:9.

Also yes i tested it and it is cut off you can see parts missing form the sides.

Thank You.

Missy @missy

In case Australians didn’t know. Peter Capaldi is on channel 10 tonight at 6.30pm. The Sunday Project

Missy

wolfweed @wolfweed

@missy

Now that P Cap is no longer the Dr, he’s allowed to swear again…

janetteB @janetteb

Urgh those accents!! (Eastern Staters..) thanks for the link @wolfweed. We don’t watch free to air, with good reason so would not have caught this otherwise. I would love to let Capaldi/tucker loose on our incompetents in Canberra though I suspect even his invective would be inadequate.
    Cheers
    Janette

wolfweed @wolfweed

Bill Potts  has been located…

Adrain Smith @adrainsmith

The CW released the official synopsis, promotional photos and videos for Season 2 Episode 20 of Riverdale – Shadow of a Doubt, airing May 2nd.

For the non-UK viewers (and for that matter the UK viewers yet to see it) take the earliest opportunity you can to watch A Very English Scandal, a three-parter by RTD.

It tells the story of how the 1960s/ 70s leader of the British Liberal Party, Jeremy Thorpe, tried to cover up a homosexual affair (which at the time would have been illegal) by hiring a someone to kill his lover. Despite being acquitted (following a horrifically partial judge’s summing up, famously lampooned by Peter Cook – check youtube) he was politically ruined. The story can only be told in this way now that he is dead.

There are, of course, some very RTD flourishes and a lead performance by Hugh Grant that may be his finest ever.

It will win loads of awards, and rightly so.

Still not convinced about the mid-1970s police driving Morris Minors, though….

Missy @missy

@janetteb: Urgh those accents!! (Eastern Staters..) thanks for the link @wolfweed. We don’t watch free to air, with good reason so would not have caught this otherwise. I would love to let Capaldi/tucker loose on our incompetents in Canberra though I suspect even his invective would be inadequate.

Wouldn’t that be hilarious, the would wonder what had hit them!

Missy

Missy @missy

@pedantA Very English Scandal,

Yes, I want to see this, I remember the affair quite well. Not keen on Hugh Grant, but he seems to have made a good effort. Ben Whishaw is always extraordinary, no matter what he does. Did anyone see The Hour?

Missy

janetteB @janetteb

@missy yes indeed. Am still grumpy that it was cancelled while shows like Poldark just go on and on. (I enjoyed the first series for what it was, lightweight sunny entertainment but by series 2 the plot was getting a bit frayed. Season three it started snapping.)

Hugh Grant, is capable of acting. He just got badly type cast after Four Weddings and fell into a rut. He was a fine Doctor, for the two or so minutes he had in the role. (Curse of Fatal Death) Good to see him demonstrating what he is capable of again. Agree Ben is an amazing actor.

Cheers
    Janette

Missy @missy

@janetteb;

I was furious! what happened to Freddie? Did he survive? GRRRRRRrrrr!

They did the same to Home Fires, did you watch that series?

As for Poldark………enough said! *grins*

Missy

wolfweed @wolfweed

@pedant   @missy   @janetteb

Finally got around to watching A Very English Scandal. Must see TV with lots of laugh out loud moments.

(Murray Gold did the music & Eve Myles plays someone called Gwen. Jason Watkins and Adrian Scarborough also appear.)

This documentary followed and might also be interesting to viewers.

@wolfweed

And Cook’s sketch:

https://youtu.be/Kyos-M48B8U

Hmm. Don’t know why it won’t embed.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@pedant  Thanks. Never seen that before. What a paragon of impartiality…

judge

Viewing 27 posts - 851 through 877 (of 877 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.