General thread – fan creativity (2)

Home Forums Fan creativity General thread – fan creativity (2)

This topic contains 217 replies, has 122 voices, and was last updated by  QWhovian 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 201 through 218 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    Clara Oswald @thetimelordwizard
    Rule1 @rule1

Hey guys just wanted to show you my fan art!

Whovian art

(I really like drawing it in cartoon!)

let me know what you think 😉

Rule1 @rule1

I started this a while ago but I think it’s done now

PS love all the other art

PetesTimeMachine @petestimemachine

Life Size Remote Controlled Dalek Available (with space for kegerator inside)

Welp, i posted my post. it showed up almost good, the link was broken and needed a heading

I edited it once, it seemed to save ok.

Needed another edit, saved it, post is missing.

Tried to start a new post. Summited it. Post is missing.

Im trying to see if someone wants to buy my dalek robot: https://outpostgallifrey.com/threads/life-size-remote-controlled-dalek-available-with-space-for-kegerator-inside.579/

PetesTimeMachine @petestimemachine

Here is the original post, if it posts this time:

Life Size Remote Controlled Dalek Available (with space for kegerator inside)

Hi Folks – Story Time

First let me start by saying that i am not a Doctor Who fan at all. I watched it a bit as a kid growing up in Australia, so that’s how i became aware of the Daleks.

Back in 2014 i was working for a software developer (in their IT dept) and on the side was (am) an avid maker of anything, wood, metal, welded, CNC’d, 3d printed and used microcontrollers (Arduino/Raspbery Pi).

At this company, we had a once-a-month event called “Firsty Thirsty Thursdays”. What this entailed was the facility manager manually pushing 2 kegs of beer + snacks around on 2 carts to each persons desk (a 400 person company) on the first Thursday of each month. After watching him do this a bunch of times, I and some other folks who worked there tossed the idea around of building a robot that could be remote controlled to do that job for the facilities manager.

After a lot of back and forth, we convinced the company to actually sponsored the idea and they provided a very small budget to get the job done. With this, i recruited several other like minded folks within the company, and together we got to work on designing and building that robot.

We new we needed something to fit a kegerator (which held 3x 6th barrel kegs) and it had to fit through standard width doorways. We also wanted something that was recognizable. After a lot of research and drawing inspiration from another keg robot someone else made at a different company (in the shape of R2D2) we landed on building a Remote controlled Dalek looking robot around a kegerator.

Many months passed and our team actually got the design and most of the build done. Unfortunately we did not finish the project – folks who were on the team left the company for career advancement, and i struggled to recruit other like minded makers/builders who were willing to give up their time for the project. With that, the project was abandoned, and i ended up with the Robot. It has been sitting idle since 2017 in my finished basement.

I live in Portland Oregon, and am about to move so now need to see if anyone is interested in buying what we made.

If you have the interest, ability and means to pick it up in Portland OR i would part with it for $500 obo. (there is a lot of custom welding in this, which would cost $1000’s to get redone + there is lots of work in the design/build of the brain + the motors amp and speakers are worth a little bit)

Dimensions
    Height: ~76″
    Width: ~27″
    Length: ~42″

Disclaimers:
    1. Most of the photos and videos attached are when it was working. Since then, the kegerator has been removed, and the remote control and motor driver facility (Arduino mini controlled) haven’t been turned for a long time (the brain is included). I don’t know where the latest Arduino sketch is, but i can probably provide some old drafts to allow you to pickup where i left off.

2. The Raspberry PI that we used to display the beers (it ran a website which we accessed via a tablet (not included) which was on the robot) + play the sounds “EXTERMINATE” + sense fluid flow (so we could pull analytics data on all the beer we consumed) has been removed. There is a car stereo and speakers still in it. The brain and remote control are included.

3. There is no battery included (It ran off a 12 small car battery).

4. What is left is the physical structure + the motors (there are 2, it is a chain driven skid/steer control type) which came out of the type of motorized carts some grocery stores provide for folks less able + the brain + a key/kill button

5. The dimensions of this robot compared to any series of Dalek as way off. This was necessitated by the requirements to house a kegerator as well as fit the Dalek through regular width doorways. At its height, the robot we built would actually need to be a good bit wider and a little longer for the dimensions to be closer. Nonetheless, what we ended up with resembles a Dalek!

6. Any sale is “As Is” i don’t profess that it runs or works in any way, but the motors should likely be fine as they worked fine when i last used it.

Happy to answer more questions if you have any.

If you want to see photos, see the above post

Cheers.

Oochillyo @oochillyo

hey everyone 🙂 how are you all 🙂

Somewhere over the rainbow haha I think I’ve mentioned working on this and wanted to show on the 15th but I must have messaged something else anyway why not cause pretty happy 🙂

I’ve got lots of projects for own ideas ect always having ideas

My own Book/story (4) in mind , my own Pokedex really love this one drawing them and writing the entries, sometimes Doctor Who things ect but often now making my own X Men team and powers 🙂 for maybe a story sometime 🙂

So I was gonna do first 15 but haven’t quite worked out how to explain some of it like with the Pokedex entries I find like it has to be perfect you know and I tend to write a lot really describing the Pokemon and its nature or the powers in this case so not in order but ones I love or one’s I am happy with ect 🙂

Enjoy and yeah these are mine , like powers can be common like flight but wanted to work out my own style and inspirations but this could be cool to share your own 🙂

Regards – Declan Sargent

Oochillyo @oochillyo

The number’s are the orders I have them in but gonna share 15 even if the numbers don’t go 1 to the next ect and some don’t have numbers cause working out placements so that may be little confusing but hope all will be good 🙂

1 Cardiac – Shoots tiny ….. stars from the eye, when they hit the target the stop their heart or cause heart failure in some way…… nearly instantaneously, when powers are boosted Cardiac can shoot thousands of stars from his chest which can cover fast distances around the globe like a sandstorm targeting thousands of people though specific targeting is extremely difficult if this occurs
    May become an Omega level mutant when better control over mass star effect occurs.

PS Haven’t quite worked out what the missing parts are called but this one is like personal to me and was the first so gonna include 🙂 also Omega Level in X Men Universe is like super powerful like the best of their power so I have a lot of possible Omega’s for like future training and cool powers in mind , I guess I started with the focus of a team of 15 and making them like the best but now I have tons of ideas ha so a wide range of strengths but I still enjoy the powers that are awesome or strong like in terms of their effect 🙂

2 Dusk Fang – High intelligent snake that can stretch and grow its body and has matter powers and physic fangs, can communicate with humans.

(He is a snake but like really smart and strong powers , friend to the team 🙂

3 Scrapige ‘’scrape-peege’’ – High intelligence , can make anything out of pieces of scrap and metal ect , can create things rapidly even at large scales, can bring these pieces to life for instance creating living giant scrape robots or living spaceships who he can control or even become friends with , can communicate with these pieces of living scrape, craft any weapon or tool needed out of scrape even highly complex items with vast cybernetic and engineering skills required, can programme A.I. systems, understand any engineering or cybernetic blue prints or pieces of equipment in any language, highly capable with all weapons and pieces of equipment whether self-created or not
    Possibly an Omega Level Mutant

4 Orgamic – Master of origami , uses Origami as weapons if needed , even though it may appear to be paper Origami uses matter properties to make his origami extremely powerful and sharp able to pierce through extremely durable surfaces even physic projections.. , can turn the origami into a physical representation of its shape like a boat or dragon whilst having various powers such as fire breathing, psychic powers and high durability even to fire due to psychic protection and matter properties

5 Carman Clovers – can grow any type of flower in any climate , can control flowers, talk to them, make them grow far beyond their natural capabilities, pollinate rapidly, use them in various ways such as using poisonous and spiky flowers and plants for offensive purposes, reaching/climbing areas and use in natural medicine

6 Glabella (Gabby Bella for short) Able to break bones from a distance without physical contact or through inflicting external damage to target.

PS love this one soo much might include her name in my book but the power I really like , the name is the actual name of the bone between the eyebrows and above the nose , really like learning about the bones and their name meanings ect used to be scared and still skulls freak me out a little but is really interesting and Gabby Bella nickname into the super hero name is soo funny but I like it just fun being creative 🙂

8. Balance – Unable to lose balance, slip or fall off things no matter the speed of which balance is moving or the perils of what he is on , always landing on his feet, later being able to walk vertically and not fall even when walking upside down such as on ceilings, does not experience vertigo, get dizzy or is affected by rotating forces enabling walking freely on rotating surfaces

Optrice – long/far sight , slowed time , possible future sight

PS like Optical eyes ect 🙂

Scartcha – Can scratch targets from a distance, successful scratches leading to cuts , , can physical scratch through walls, scratch’s with physical claws cause gradually increasing ill health and feeling of weakness to the receiver and any cut caused by physical claws lead to instant obliteration of the target even to none organic life forms including Sentinels and a permeant increase in sharpness of physical claws

PS Love this one kinda like Wolverine 🙂 who is my fav 🙂 but for this person they have to sort of work up to the same damage equivalent like more sharp the claws get the more close to being deadly up to well getting through Sentinels haha 🙂 like I said I wrote a lot of very strong powers really like doing that but ofcourse some have to work for it or they have limits even if its fiction hope like Stan Lee would imply like inspire the reader 🙂 can grow as a person 🙂

Power Writer – Able to make powers and give others powers

Love Addict – Can make anyone love her instantly , often in situation where she is laughed at or under attack can easily turn everyone to love her , her true love is immune to this affect but notices the power use, and strong physics can see whats true and even reverse the affect on others until love addict boosts her powers resulting in a tug of war for love and truth

Tape Master – Can slow, re wind or speed up himself and others

Star Fall – Can activate other mutants potential powers , later able to randomise powers of mutants as often as she likes even on a large scale
    Omega Level Mutant

Network – Can share thoughts with others and hack their spinal cords

Spiral – Everyone views spiral as spinning , fast moving and unstable though in her eyes she’s calm, can cause confusion and disorientation in others

Disc – Throw perfect , such as frisbees and other objects thrown will always reach their intended target or land in there intended location no matter how far or the conditions of the environment

so I guess 16 whoops but yeah small view into one of my fav projects 🙂 like when we go out like in the car to beach or somewhere I take my note book cause I often have like inspiration so writing powers or Pokemon names a lot but yeah this is really fun and one of my fav projects and maybe I write like my own little comic pages in the future with teams ect 🙂

Doing puzzles is good for the brain I wonder if this kind of creativity is too 🙂 either way its fun and I enjoy it so that’s good 🙂

Take care everyone stay positive hugs 🙂

Regards – Declan Sargent

Oochillyo @oochillyo

Just had a lovely few matches of Draughts with my Dad love 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Today I drew and wrote all the Pokemon type combinations that took like 2 hours but very fun and creative 🙂 then another 2 hours of writing 1-324 of all the possible type combinations 🙂 for my own Pokemon project I’m happy with that 🙂

Take care everyone smiles stay positive hugs 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Regards – Declan Sargent

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

Well, it’s been a while since I posted anything here but here’s a quick, if rather sketchy, take on 15.

blenkinsopthebrave @blenkinsopthebrave

@jimthefish. that is really neat. Are we to assume it is your quick sketch? If so, bravo!

winston @winston

@jimthefish   That is an excellent drawing! It makes for a nice new profile picture just in time for the new Doctor. I like the suit.

stay safe

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

@blenkinsopthebrave and @winston

Greetings, fellow bonkerisers, and thanks for the kind words. And yes, it was just a quick sketch this time. Hopefully will have time for something else later. Hope you’re both as psyched for the specials as I am. (Tho must admit I’m also quite looking forward to the colourised Daleks….)

janetteB @janetteb

@jimthefish. I just noticed this post. Great little sketch and as @winston says, just in time for a new profile pic.

I like the costume too, simply but stylish, with a definite, Doctorish feel to it.

Cheers

Janette

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

Posted on behalf of @theunknowndoctor

FAN COMIC: The Unknown Doctor Issue No 1

Hi I’m honored to be the creator and writer for The Unknown Doctor. A 100% unofficial series. Along with the brilliant artists at D9 Comics.

https://d9comics.com/blogs/online-comics/the-unknown-doctor-issue-1

I hope you enjoy it.

Please feel free to reply

winston @winston

@jimthefish   Wow! That is really excellent from the story to the art work. I am blown away. I love the Doctors screwdriver, the costumes and the Tardis. It is very good and I want to congratulate you. Can’t wait to read the next one.

stay safe

winston @winston

@theunknowndoctor I guess the above is for you.Oops.

The Unknown Doctor @theunknowndoctor

@winston you are most welcome I really am glad you enjoyed it. If you have any questions regarding concept , story, characters settings etc please let me know I am happy to answer anything 😊

QWhovian @qwhovian

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know about a special 60th anniversary event happening in Ealing, London next month!

The Questors theatre is hosting two days of events on 9th and 10th February. On Day 1, there will be a range of new short plays about the Who-niverse. Then, on day 2, some extra special guests from behind and in front of the camera will take to the stage for an evening of Q&As Guests confirmed so far include:
    Dan Starkey- 2008- (portrayed several Sontaran characters, most notably Strax).
    Nicola Bryant – 1984-86 (Peri Brown)

With many more to be announced soon

Tickets prices and links are below but let me know if you have any questions!

Best,
    Sean

Tickets

Day 1: £10 http://www.questors.org.uk/event.aspx?id=1166

Day 2: £25 http://www.questors.org.uk/event.aspx?id=1170

Multibuy offer: Buy tickets to both shows for just £30

Viewing 18 posts - 201 through 218 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.