General thread – fan creativity

Home Forums Fan creativity General thread – fan creativity

This topic contains 1,012 replies, has 280 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    Juniperfish @juniperfish

@scaryb Lol 🙂 Well you know all about “shipping” now and you have that newly acquired Doctorate of Squeeee thanks to @Shazzbot !

Let us know what you think of the Five-ish Doctors – I think there’s a thread for it somewhere 🙂

Anonymous @

@juniperfish @scaryb

Scary, your study time since last weekend has paid off – you’re no longer a recipient of merely a ‘Scholarship’, you now are a full-fledged Doctorate!  😆

The Doctor Who Forum University is proud to be able to officially award you ‘The Doctorate of A.R.S.E. Definition’.

Juniperfish @juniperfish

Lol @Shazzbot – now where else can you get ARSE definition from sitting on the sofa and blogging! 🙂

AmbientDin @ambientdin

These fan art mugs piqued my interest immediately …

https://www.etsy.com/listing/170578695/dalek-doctor-who-mug-time-lords-will?ref=listing-shop-header-2

it seems as though they may be ordered as a set or individualy.

They also have dedicated energy to tfurry of pun wry elsewhere. But the fanArt got my attention.

abz293 @abz293

In Doctor Who S2Ep5 Rise of the Cybermen, the Doctor says that when galifrey and the Time Lords were around they could hop between dimensions without anything bad happening. In S4Ep13 Journey’s end, as a result of the Doctor metacrisis, a new ‘Doctor’ was created that was half time lord, half human. This Doctor would age and behave like a human. However because he killed the entire Dalek race he was exiled to another dimension with Rose. If the Galifrey and the Time Lords aren’t gone forever, and if they come back then surely the Doctor could just hop to another Dimension and the series could bring back David Tennant, as this new human/timelord character. Obviously they probably wouldn’t make him a permanent fixture, but it would be really cool to see him there for a few episodes, and it would also bring back Rose. It’s an idea, and I think it’s entirely possible, and it would be so awesome, having David Tennant back again for a bit.

Anonymous @

Final doodle of the year. Thought it was fitting that it should of outgoing Doc Smithie. Tried to slightly ape the style of the illustrations in the original 60s annuals here but not sure I quite pulled it off.

Will feel a little guilty if this gets used for the December home page image. Surely there are some other keen-bean arty types out there?

Anonymous @

@jimthefish – that’s a corker, and an excellent likeness. Why shouldn’t it be the Home Page image, for the lead-up to Matt Smith’s departure?

Although you are very generous to call-out to other artists in our forum for alternative choices.  Anyone else have a talent for drawing?  And want to have your art featured on our Home Page?

Here’s where a poll app might come in handy … 🙂

If there are no other takers on your offer, though, I hope that this image can be placed on our home page.

wolfweed @wolfweed

@jimthefish – That Smithie doodle is ace! It’s definitely got a sort of Hartnell Annual flavour about it!

z
    tetleycup on deviant

z
    Who-lligan

z
    lissabt

Anonymous @

@wolfweed — many thanks. I love those old 60s illustrations. They really had character I think…

Really like the lissabt illustrations above. Especially that final frame…

EnglishmaninNC @englishmaninnc

Hi all.  Just wanted to say hello and share something I am kind of proud of.     Life long Dr Who fan and radio ham, and I needed a cushion for my ailing back while playing radio late into the evening.   The wife makes a whole load of hand made items that she sells on Etsy for Dog people and Dogs and the like.   Anyway, I chuntered that she never makes anything for me and requested a pillow.

She responds with “find me something to put on it and I will make it.”  – well, it kind of took off.    🙂

Not going to spam with links to where you can buy these – that’s not the point of this post.  Just wanted to share.   I created all the embroidery artwork myself.     Particularly proud of the Adipose and the 1970’s logo.    Tom Baker was my hero back then.   Met the man in the Merrion Centre in Leeds, UK when they launched the Dr Who Comic.  He signed my copy and gave me a jelly baby.  Dude!

Regards and seasons greetings to all!  Cant wait for the next episode.

Anonymous @

@englishmaninnc

Love the pillows – esp the black TARDIS and navy-blue Adipose 🙂

@wolfweed – The lissabt artwork really captures the essence of River, particularly the two based on ‘SiTL’.

Anonymous @

@englishmaninnc — love the pillows. Great work.

Anonymous @

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but It would be a great help if you guys would give me a second 🙂

I’m doing something for my Extended Project Question (EPQ) in which the subject I have chosen is “Who was the best incarnation of Doctor Who?”
    Its opinionated by those who actually respond but I’m hoping for a very large outcome and would love to see what you guys think of Doctor Who and how it has been so successful over the many, many years.

Link

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@englishmaninnc

Greetings from Yorkshire – love the creations. As you’ve:

• Done it in the right way,
    • Mentioned somewhere in Yorkshire,
    • Have cool creations and avatar,

Please have a link to my Dear Santa blog and an invite to post a link to purchase if you wish to tell anyone. It gets more wandering traffic from those looking for a Christmas gift I believe.

EnglishmaninNC @englishmaninnc

@phaseshift

Well thank you so much.    That is much appreciated by myself and the wife (I get hubby credits) – she is learning to love Dr Who – despite being a Florida lass.  I managed to get her to watch all the episodes for the last two doctors and its now got to the point where she prefers it over Eastenders (!).   Now trying to get her to watch my favorite Tom Baker after seeing him in the 50th anniversary special.

I shall sort out a post in the Dear Santa Blog forthwith!

Seasons Greetings to all from North Carolina!

wolfweed @wolfweed

z
    MrPacinoHead

z
    RBillustrations

z
    Herbarianband

z
    Peivi (Hannah)

z
    omegadez

wolfweed @wolfweed

Dr Puppet channel has some new extra long behind the scenes chat vids (yesterday’s live hangout):
    z

wolfweed @wolfweed

z

wolfweed

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@wolfweed

Very nice! There’s too much obvious talent on this site. I’m off to kick the cat.

Juniperfish @juniperfish

@phaseshift Schrodinger’s cat, I trust!

Wow – I haven’t been in this section for a while – so much lovely creative stuff.

Rockin’ Matt portraits from @jimthefish and @wolfweed and pillows from @englishmaninnc

Glad to see art is being credited to the fan artists in question too. Should we also, I wonder, @Wolfweed @craig @phaseshift @jimthefish and all here, maybe be putting links to the original sources too? (esp if it is someone’s DeviantArt page, in case the artist gets a sale out of it?)  

@pedant you really should swim on down here and check it out 🙂

empeor @empeor

(Not: I started watching from the ninth Doctor.)

So, I don’t know where exactly to write this so I am going to write it here:

What if the Doctor and the Timelords are actually humans?

Think about it, they look like us and the Doctor said we have gone to the end of the universe, tell me it is not possible to come across a planet called Gallifrey.

This is what I think happened: So people do what people do, colonising the universe and we come across a planet we name Gallifrey. The setlers devote to science so they need more oxygen to their brains, that is why they develop 2 harts over time.There is a time vortex(I am not really sure what was it called, the thing every Timelord had to look at) which inspires them to do stuff about time travels so they menage to create time machines. The problem is they grow old and die so they can’t travel for too long so they invent nanobots that will go through their body and if they get too old or mortally wounded they activate and changer their whole body so they can continue living. They are connected to the time traveling space ships where they get power because they have unlimited energy. That’s why in ‘The Doctors Wife’ they can know the past and the future at the same time, they are like hive mind. So that is why Doctor is concerned about Earth, he is ensuring his survival and the survival of the Timelords.

Anonymous @

Great piece from @wolfweed. Love it.

wolfweed @wolfweed
    gctv @gctv

@wolfweed I love the top one of lissabt’s work with river song’s timeline. I would hang that on my wall!

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@gctv It could be your luck day. It just became available to buy last week

Linked from the artist Lissa Treiman here

gctv @gctv

@craig oohh! I know what to ask for Christmas then!

Anonymous @

A Doctor Who and Sherlock mashup (apologies if it’s been posted already)

Anonymous @

@MartyB

I normally avoid ‘mash-ups’ like the plague but that was wonderful – thanks for posting 🙂

Based on that, The Moff really should do an official ‘mash-up’ for Comic Relief or Children In Need (or even just for the fun of it). Such a shame that it’d be without Matt as I think he and BC would be fantastic acting opposite each other (although I’m sure that a PC/BC pairing would be just as good).

Tennantmarsters2013 @tennantmarsters2013

Would anyone be interested in reading a fanfiction cross over of dr who and Buffy where one of the characters of Buffy turns out to be a future version of the doctor and can’t remember because of the chameleon arch.

also which character should it be? And why? I have one in mind but would love love love it if I had some opinions especially @timeloop @wolfweed @scaryb @phaseshift and @craig

Or they are a past version of him… I have an idea I just want to see if anyone if interested in reading or reading the brief description of my idea thanks

PhaseShift @phaseshift
    Time Lord

@tennantmarsters2013

It’s entirely up to you if you wish to develop an idea. Cross-over fan fictions that go outside the Doctor Who Universe aren’t really my cup of tea though. I even avoid the “official” ones like the recent comic crossover of Doctor Who/ST:TNG.

@phaseshift

thank you for your opinion. Not a lot of people like crossovers as they have to have a certain chemistry to work and to be pulled off.

the idea has been in my head for a while and wony go away

Timeloop @timeloop

@MartyB Wow. How much time must have gone into making this? Very impressive, although the lines are at times very obvious.

@tennantmarsters2013 Much like @phaseshift, this is not my particular cup of tea. But live and let live, right?

@timeloop

most deffinately live and let live!

is there anyone on here who is a fan of Buffy also?

Anonymous @

@tennantmarsters2013 – yep, I’m a Buffy fan though I haven’t watched it for a while as I have them on VHS and my video player’s broken.

Feel free to talk about Buffy as much as you like but could you do it on the ‘TV Shows’ thread in the non-doctor section please.

In the meantime, have a look on the music thread. I have a treat for you 🙂

@fatmaninabox

yay I am planning a crossover fiction with both shows hence why I posted here

ine of the characters from Buffy is a past or future version of the doctor but forgets as they used the chameleon arch to hide (like in family of blood) and I am looking for opinions of both but I will post it there aswell an hopefully generate a lot I interest

ooo oi I will head over to music now 😛

StickitStickers @stickitstickers

Full color Tardis

I’m new to this forum, but I wanted to share my etsy store where I have lots of Doctor Who Decals for your home and/or car. I’m in the process of adding more!

Let me know if you don’t see something that you’ve been looking for.

I love doing custom pieces.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/StickitStickers

Tanks all,

Jeremy

wolfweed @wolfweed

Bryan213 @bryan213

you know how in “Harry Potter the Chamber of Secrets” when they make polyjuice potion. Well what if you could get dna from the tardis, and could really make polyjuice potion ( i know that polyjuice potion is only supposed to be used only for humans ) and drink it! you could be the tardis

Deviant @deviant
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    wolfweed @wolfweed
    Anonymous @

Finally got round to working on my CGI Dalek. I need to make a few tweaks but it’s more or less finished. Thanks to ProjectDalekForum for the blueprints.

thommck @thommck

A really nice piece from ArtMonkeyWorld

The Infinite Supper
    The Infinite Supper
    His blog goes on a bit more about why the Doctor’s were put in certain positions and all the little details you might have missed

thommck @thommck

These were all found on tumblr but I’m not sure who the original artist was

I’ve just made my own meme and would like people’s opinions on it

wolfweed @wolfweed

@fatmaninabox – A ‘Heads Up’ – Unfortunately your CGI Dalek pix don’t seem to be showing…

@thommck – Nice festive pix!

z

http://myocn.net/doctor-communion-christ/

Anonymous @

Opening credits for ‘Paternoster Row’, a non-existent series featuring our favourite Victorian Alien/Human sleuths. Sontaran High Command have approved it’s broadcast via a tweet by their ‘puny human’ contact – Dan Starky@StanDarkly 🙂

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T1W8nXYiO4

@fatmaninabox

i watched the trailer and instantly wanted to watch it… The bbc need to crack onto this. Has a bit of a elelementry feel to it

Have you seen my avatar?

Anonymous @

I posted a couple of pics of my CGI Daleks further upstream (#23023) but it was pointed out that they weren’t displaying (all though they were at ‘my end’, albeit temporarily). I think I’ve fixed the problem but could I ask some kind soul to check to see if they’re visible now.

Thank you,

FMIAB

PS @wolfweed, I can now see the pic by Francesco Francavilla – nice 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 1,013 total)

The topic ‘General thread – fan creativity’ is closed to new replies.