The Winchester

Home Forums General The Winchester

This topic contains 101 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  nerys 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 101 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Dentarthurdent @dentarthurdent

@nerys My sympathy on hearing about your mum. It was fortunate that you were able to be with her at the end, I’m sure a great comfort to her, and for you that so many of her friends were at the memorial service.

(When my mother died, decades ago, we were surprised and slightly consoled by the large number of friends she had).

I hope you can take comfort in the memories.

cr

nerys @nerys

Thank you, @janetteb and @dentarthurdent! I too was amazed at the number of people who attended my mother’s funeral, not only in the choir, but also in the congregation. I got a nice surprise when I saw a good friend of mine there. I don’t think she knew my mother, but she was there to support me. Pretty wonderful!

My mom’s partner worried ahead of time whether many people would be there. She had been to funerals for 91-year-olds, where only a handful of people turned up. That’s because so many of their friends and family had preceded them in death. That’s sad. But Mom made friends with people of all ages, and it showed.

I do find comfort in the many good memories I have with my mother. It was also quite a remarkable thing to be able to go through Mom’s massive photo collection, along with one of my cousins, before my mother/her aunt died. We were able to find so many great photos from Mom’s childhood and young adulthood that I’d never seen before. The nice thing about that is, when it came time to put together a slideshow of photos for Mom’s memorial service, I didn’t have to put in hours and hours of searching because that work was already done. I knew exactly where to find these photos and scan them. Mom never thought of herself as a beauty … but she was. I love looking through those photos of her!

Viewing 2 posts - 101 through 102 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.