Website comments (2)

Home Forums General Website comments (2)

This topic contains 704 replies, has 84 voices, and was last updated by  Craig 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 705 total)
  • Author
    JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

I did mod one comment by last night, but just give me the heads up if people feel that there are others that need attention….

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@jimthefish many thanks. I was at friends in Cambridgeshire yesterday and have only just got back. @pedant @thane15 @rorysmith @devilishrobby et al, I will keep an eye on it but feeding the troll now would probably do more harm than good.

But it is noted.

Anonymous @

@pedant

Hey! It’s Thane (dragged the laptop from Mum for a tic). I totally agree that if you ignore them the trolls win. What I don’t like (probably makes me a coward) is that whatever you say they then turn their beady eyes on you! Like a 100 cyberpeople slowly turning to look when Bill opened the window…..And boy do they smash you down.

I suppose -with mum anyway- having the notifications on she can go back and find ‘hey, 25 people actually agreed with me and not the numb nut after all’ but then those constant notification bells become an issue of time.

But yeah, you have to stop ’em in their tracks. And enough people need to find the confidence to do that.

Thank you, Thane.

Missy @missy

To ignore them is the right thing to do, and I should have in the past – shall in the future.

As for Mel Gibson, he’s a toerag of the highest order. He stormed off the stage once when a presenter referred to him as Australian, insisting he was American. He does have duel citizenship. What a moron.

Missy

CedarBranchTardis @cedarbranchtardis

I haven’t posted or followed the forums lately, but apparently there has been a flame war going on. I have read a post by one person who rambled on so that I was totally lost as to the point of their post. As for Mel, while he may be a jerk, he is also a “talented jerk” like far too many in Hellyweird. Ya’ll have a goodern.

Anonymous @

Hi @craig and other mods, some twit’s introduced antibiotic crap from the States on the World & Enough Time thread?

Dislike that because I know how significant that particular medication is!

Puro

Missy @missy

@thane15:

Rolls eyes and shakes head.

Missy

BITLab @bitlab

OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN PAID RESEARCH:
    The researchers at the Behavior, Information, and Technology Lab (BITLab), at Michigan State University, are looking for long-term online community members who would like to participate in one of our studies in exchange for either a $20 amazon.com gift card or $20 (US) via PayPal.

From now until July 28, 2017, we are investigating how users shape their opinions and ideas about online communities. More information about this project can be found at: https://bitlab.cas.msu.edu/communities/interviews.html.

WHAT TO EXPECT:

First, you will first take a screening survey to make sure that you fit the needs of the study. Next, you will participate in an hour-long interview, either by phone or Zoom audio conference, about the community that you are a part of.

If you are interested, click here to sign up:
    https://msu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3UYW4yeB2yMuFlb.

With your assistance, we can get a better understanding of how to better design, maintain, and manage online communities. You will also be paid $20 (USD) for your time.

If you have any questions or comments, please email us at: ocinterviews@bitlab.cas.msu.edu

**This post has been sanctioned by @craig

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Hi all, yes it’s true, I thought some of you might be interested in the above research by @bitlab.

Feel free to tell them how bad I am. 🙂

nerys @nerys

I just got a friendly invitation from “Alice” to go visit her page.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Thanks @nerys. Has been dealt with.

Bluesqueakpip @bluesqueakpip

@craig

Do we have a forum on An Adventure in Space and Time?

While slightly hesitant to mention this just before I head off for a week of dodgy internet access in the Inner Hebrides, it might be fun to discuss David Bradley’s dual performance as William Hartnell/The Original Doctor.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@bluesqueakpip For some strange reason it was difficult to find, but yes we did have a forum for An Adventure in Space and Time.

https://www.thedoctorwhoforum.com/forums/topic/an-adventure-in-space-and-time/

I’ll look into why it doesn’t show up in the Forums list.

janetteB @janetteb

It would be good to revive the discussion of An Adventure in Time and Space. I was also thinking that as we are coming to the end of Moffat’s time as showrunner it might be fun to watch The Curse of Fatal Death and see how some of the ideas have played through his scripts. I don’t recall if we have discussed it before but could not find a thread for it.

Cheers
    Janette

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@bluesqueakpip @janetteb Don’t say I’m not good to you! You now have prime place on the Home page.

But honestly, good suggestions. Cheers.

janetteB @janetteb

Thanks @craig. You are a champ’.

Cheers
    Janette

@craig

Thanks, Craig. You’re a star.

janetteB @janetteb

OH and have a lovely in the Inner Hebrides @bluesqueakpip. I am a little envious as the Hebrides, Inner and Outer and Orkney are very high on my “want to visit” list.

cheers
    Janette

janetteB @janetteb

“a lovely time”, Must be past my bedtime.

cheers
    Janette

Whisht @whisht

ah fantastic @craig bluesqueakpip and brewski (and everyone I’ve missed).

Curse of.. Adventures in Time and Space and making of stuff.
    That’s me set up for the weekend !

Will try and post more then, but as ever am following most of the conversations!

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@whisht I’ve been a bit naughty on the “An Adventure in Space and Time” topic. For a limited time only. Catch it while you can. 🙂

Missy @missy

@nerys:

Me too.

@craig:

Thank you.

@bluesqueakpip;

I bought Adventure in time and space a while ago. Very enjoyable.

Missy

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Hi all, I thought it was about time I upgraded the site’s software and as it’s reasonably quiet at the moment I did it this morning. There were some minor hiccups and I panicked a little, but I think it’s all working fine now.

If something doesn’t work or looks a bit weird or out of whack, please let me know as soon as possible, either here or by email.

Many thanks.

Missy @missy

@craig  All seems to be well so far.

Missy

@craig

Everything is fine so far

Hiker @hiker

Nice countdown clock to Christmas.

I love it because it’s more Capaldi.

I hate it because no more Capladi after.

Missy @missy

@hiker:

As said, a great countdown. Also more PC then no PC – I hate it.

Missy

ichabod @ichabod

Yeh.  That great big hole burnt right through poor Bill — feels kinda like that, but first, the last Hurrah!  Damn.

Missy @missy

@ichabod:

And BLAST!

Missy

RorySmith @rorysmith

I decided to visit this forum and shake the dust off. I wanted to see how this site held up to various devices and the ultimate test, the oldest devices.

I am currently typing on a Dell Inspiron 2650. It is almost 15 years old.

I love that this forum is stripped down to the necessities so this isn’t unbearable.

@craig and @jimthefish

Hi, Craig. I realise that Doctor Who may be the last thing on your mind right now, but if we are to watch Tenth Planet before Twice Upon A Time, a forum needs to be created either this week or next week. There are now only five Saturdays before Christmas, including today.

Possibly Jim could create one?
    Pip

@craig and @jimthefish

Also, I think Spoilers (3) has reached its limit.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@bluesqueakpip and @jimthefish

Thanks for giving m a kick up the butt Pip. I am being made redundant now, so am neck deep in lawyers and negotiations. But will try to get things back on track – if not today then tomorrow.

But yeah, spoilers needs fixed – I’ll do that now.

Craig

wolfweed @wolfweed

@craig  That sucks BIG time. Sorry that it’s gone this way. All the best…

suits

@craig

I think Wolfweed took the words right out of my mouth.

Really sorry to hear that, and I hope the lawyers manage to get you a good settlement – and that you find something new and interesting very shortly. All the best.

Craig @craig
    Emperor

@wolfweed that made me laugh. To you and @bluesqueakpip, many thanks.

Strangely enough, on the day I was made redundant last week, the website I do, as just part of my job, was ranked 4th best corporate website in the UK, equal with BP (who probably have a massive team). One of those luscious, movie-moment coincidences.

So at least you know you’re in safe hands here.

And the first episode of The Tenth Planet is now up. It feels good to be back. Thanks for the distraction.

JimTheFish @jimthefish
    Time Lord

Apologies to all for not being near a computer to save @craig having to do this. Crazy time.

Sorry to hear about the redundancy btw, @craig. That sucks. Must be something going around at the moment (and we all know what it is) cos while you can’t make a freelancer redundant, you can tell them that there’s no more work for them come January. Do hope you manage secure a good payout and that your lawyers and negotiations to their damndest…

Missy @missy

<span class=”useratname”>@craig:</span>

May I add my sentiments about your redundancy, and the hope of a good settlement. what a buzz it must have been to find out that your website ranks 4th. Fan-bloody-tastic!

So at least you know you’re in safe hands here.

As if we didn’t already know this!

Missy

<div class=”bbp-author-role”></div>

Whisht @whisht

Hey @craig – ah damn, sorry to hear about your situation.
    I’ve been on both sides of it, and it starts and ends in spreadsheets, but hopefully people are being human throughout.

Thanks for putting up the Tenth Planet – hope this place is a fun distraction for you, as its giving a great distraction and communal place for lots of people.

janetteB @janetteb

@craig I have been thinking of you and concerned about what was going on as you have not been posting for a while. So sorry to hear. I hope things turn out well and new opportunities arise.

Cheers
    Janette

winston @winston

@craig I always knew we were in good hands and thank you so much for Tenth Planet. You are obviously excellent at what you do and 4th place shows it.

Missy @missy

Hear , hear.

Missy

Craig @craig
    Emperor

Interestingly, I woke up this morning to find we had a new member, with a Russian email address but a British name. They posted some abusive messages about the new, female Doctor.

I’ve spammed them. But looks like the Russians are coming for the BBC now. Wow.

And even more wow – we’re on Putin’s radar. How exciting. 🙂

Looks like my Christmas day may be an interesting one!

Please do notify me of any weird posts from new members. Many thanks in advance.

ichabod @ichabod

@craig  OOOoooohhh, wow!  We’re on the map of international Trollery, are we?  What an honor!  Prepare to repel boarders . . .

Missy @missy

@craig:

All ready and armed Sir! if the Russia

If the russians get hold of the BBC, heaven help us.

Missy

MissRori @missrori

@craig Yikes!  No one is safe from the trolls anymore…

FatManInABox @fatmaninabox

@craig

I love Russian Trolls. I’ve always been fascinated by the way they fit so neatly inside each other.

Oh wait… My mistake. That’s Russian Dolls

janetteB @janetteb

@fatmaninabox Nice to see you about again. We have missed you.

@craig, We have indeed been honoured. Seems like you might be needing a very big stick,, I noticed that a dodgy post was quickly disappeared recently, maybe the one in question.

Cheers
    Janette

Missy @missy

I don’t know if this is the right thread to say this? Never mind, I’ll say it anyway.

MAY YOU ALL HAVE A VERY MERRY, HAPPY CHRISTMAS.

MAY YOUR DAY BE FILLED WITH GOOD FRIENDS, GOOD FOOD, GOOD DRINK.

MAY 2018, BRING YOU GOOD HEALTH AND SUCCESS IN ALL YOU DO – BUT IF NOT,

THE STRENGTH TO SIMPLY TRY AGAIN.

ABOVE ALL, BE KIND.

WITH AFFECTION,

MISSY

janetteB @janetteb

@missy and @Everyone Merry Yuletide and best wishes for 2018. May the world begin to improve,
    Cheers
    Janette

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 705 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.